Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(AQW) Drakath's Lament

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> AdventureQuest Worlds >> (AQW) Drakath's Lament
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/7/2011 18:17:06   
Leo Fire FTW

Prologue

Taking place after the hero has defeated the Tiger Leech of Mudluk Swamp.

"The hero has acquired the Rod of Defiance," stated Ledgermayne.

"The Rod of Defiance is a weak magical item at best," Drakath replied, indifferent. "It is no threat to my plans."

"It could be used as the base for the creation of the Supreme Arcane Staff."

"Even with Rayst's help, the hero will never be able to assemble all the pieces" replied Drakath. He was starting to get annoyed with the Chaos Lord.

"The hero has proven to be resourceful," said Ledgermayne. "The Master is over-confident. It will be your downfall."

Drakath squinted "What did you just say to me?" replied Drakath, his voice dropping to a harsh whisper.

"The plan will fail. This form will take matters into its own hands," said Ledgermayne, his monotone voice not changing once. "This form no longer has any use for the Master."

"I never said should have allowed you free will..." muttered Drakath, irritated at the fact that one of his own Chaos Lord dared to disobey him. Drakath stood up, charging a ball of chaotic energy to fire at Ledgermayne, but the ball of energy suddenly dissapeared. "WHAT?!" cried Drakath, shocked that his power was diminished.

"You will not be allowed to harm this form." said Ledgermayne coolly. "This form was a mass of mana in the para-elemental plane of magic when your chaotic influence accidentally caused this form to be self-aware. This form is grateful for that gift, but this form is NOT one of Master's Chaos Lord puppets whom you have gifted with Chaos Magic. This form is LIVING MAGIC. Even your powerful CHAOS magic...is still just magic, which this form can still control. This form has no desire to destroy you. Stay out of our way." And with those words, Ledgermayne disappeared from sight, teleporting somewhere else.

AQW  Post #: 1
1/7/2011 22:17:21   
Leo Fire FTW

Chapter 1

Drakath stood in stunned silence for about 5 minutes, not able to comprehend what Ledgermayne had said.

"Even your powerful CHAOS magic...is still just magic, which this form can still control. This form has no desire to destroy you. Stay out of our way."

"ARRGH!!" yelled Drakath in rage, swinging his fist against his throne. He could not believe it. Someone was ACTUALLY stronger than him! This would not do at all. Drakath sat down and sighed, calming his nerves. It was bad enough to lose a Chaos Lord to the hero, but for one to actually turn against him! Something had to be done. Drakath began conjuring with a plan.

"Well, I obviously can't destroy Ledgermayne,-the name was like a venom in Drakath's thoughts- not with magic. I could use a Chaos Beast, but Ledgermayne seemed invincible, so this would be futile. That only leaves...NO! DON'T EVEN THINK OF THAT!"

Drakath put his head into his hands, rubbing his temples because of how surprised he was. How surprised he was that he had done something he had never done in the thousands of years he was alive.

He had thought about relying on the hero.

Sighing, Drakath eventually decided to look into the hero's thoughts. He saw the hero defeat a sea serpent in that Natatorium place. As he acquired the next piece of that staff, Drakath began to think that the hero would be a wise decision. When the hero swam away, Drakath noticed something alarming: the serpent was chasing the hero! Instinctively, he teleported to where the hero was and pulled the serpent back, allowing the hero to swim away safely. Drakath then began to charge a blast of chaos energy and fired it into the serpent, killing it. The resulting explosion probably vaporized the serpent, but Drakath didn't care. The truth began to dawn on him: he had saved the hero. Never had he ever done this. Drakath, Master of Chaos, saving his worst enemy? Drakath sighed, shook his head, and teleported back to the Chaos Isles.

Back in the Natatorium, the hero broke the surface of the ocean, content that they had acquired the second piece of the staff unharmed.

"That went smooooooth."

AQW  Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> AdventureQuest Worlds >> (AQW) Drakath's Lament
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition