Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(DF)Chronicles of a Hunter

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (DF)Chronicles of a Hunter
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/9/2011 21:27:44   
Imaru

The Hunter.

A creature moves swiftly and silently through the woods. As it moves, its leaf like body twists around and the creature pauses. It had been in flight for days, running and hiding from the hero who was hunting it. Over the past days the creature, the deadly Scorpiarc made only two mistakes. The first was letting the hero get on its scent; the second was pausing to look back.

From above the hero fell, bringing down his blade with all of his might. The kill was swift and painless. And Imaru made sure of that. As he lifted the dead Scorpiarc onto his back many thoughts crossed his mind. He makes a good living. The life of a hunter is one of adventure, danger, and skill. He enjoys the hunt. And he even enjoys when he mark hunts him. You wouldn’t be able to tell though. Looking at him while he is hunting is like looking at a statue, no emotion, no jumping the gun. It took him months to do this, to learn to control his emotions and to master his technique. To become a master took time.

As he approached the gate to the Hunters Paradise, an in that has become home to many hunters, traders, and adventurers, he noticed two figures leaving.
“Rat, Dirk! Where are you two headed?” Imaru asked his two odd friends. Rat and Dirk were bandits who, by nature, got themselves into a lot of trouble. They were also funny to watch and listen to as they spun tales of monsters slain and treasures found. The Hunters Paradise became attached to the pair of Midnight Bandits, as they called themselves, so it was a shock to see them leaving.

“Hello Imaru were just going to-“Began Rat as an elbow hit his ribs.
“Start another adventure my friend” Dirk finished and said softly to Rat, “The plans a secret you knucklehead.”
“Yes boss it’s a secret.” Rat agreed.
“So where will you be headed? If it’s to the north I can give you some gear...” Imaru offered to his friends.
“Im sorry my friend, we’ll be doing this one on our own. Besides I have my axe.” Replied Dirk.
“And I have my can opener!” added Rat as he rolled his eyes.
“Well I wish you luck my friends. I need to bring this to Teral.” Imaru said as he lifted up the Scorpiarc. Rat and Dirks eyes widened at the sight of the once mighty beast.
“You hunted down a Scorpiarc?!?” asked Dirk in amazement.
“No it just dead because he found it that way.” Replied Rat sarcastically.
“Don’t talk to me like that you knucklehead!” Dirk stated flatly.
“Ohh I’ll show you a knucklehead…” Replied Rat. The two began to start wrestling in the road.
“Fair well friends.” Imaru called back with a chuckle as he entered the gate. Hunters Paradise won’t be the same without them, he thought to himself.

As he entered the inn there was silence. No one moved, no one talked, and all eyes were on him. Triumphantly he raised the Scorpiarc into the air and Cheers rang out amongst his fellow hunters. The talk resumed, and the hustling, bustling, inn became alive again.

“Welcome back Imaru.” Said the voice of a familiar woman. As Imaru turned his eyes met Karina’s. Karina was a beautiful young lady and the Rogue in charge of the jobs that the hunters got. Not only was she in charge of the jobs, she could execute them flawlessly if she wanted to. And she actually paid a pretty penny for the hides of the marks.
“It’s good to be back Karina.” Imaru smiled.
“I’ll give you one-hundred gold for that pelt.” She stated, starting off the bartering.
“Sorry, Karina not this time. This one’s going to Teral.” Imaru countered.
“Tell him I said Hello.” Karina said before another hunter started to talk to her.

As Imaru Pushed through the crowd he said his greetings, received congratulations, and was looked upon as a brother. This brought a smile to his eye. Being treated like family, which was one thing he loved in this place. As Imaru left the inn through the back door he could see Teral clearly.

Teral was the founder of the Hunters Paradise, and was also a retired hunter himself. He had gray hair and beard, and on his arm were strange glowing tattoos. As Imaru approached the fire Teral looked up and smiled when he saw the Scorpiarc in his hand.

“Welcome home Imaru, I see you got your Mark.” He said softly.
“Aye, Now what shall I do with it?” Imaru asked sarcastically.
“Make a salad perhaps.” Replied Teral laughing. “Give it here and let me see.”

Imaru handed Teral the Scorpiarc and sat down.
“Hmm, this is a nice one, fine hide, potent venom, and a beautiful color.” Teral said as he inspected the kill. “I suppose you’ll-“
“Its all yours old man.” Imaru interrupted him. Teral looked back down at the kill.
“This could make a fine helmet or armor.” He stated.
Imaru raised his hand objectively, “I have my armor already and I won’t trade it up.”

It was true. When Imaru first arrived at the Paradise he wore Doom Knight armor, but as the dark thoughts began to creep into his, and the insanity started to take hold, Imaru separated himself from it. Instead he donned a Dragon Rogues armor which he modified into his current hunting armor. He wore a hood and cape made from the elusive Rhoddhu, a creature that resides in the northern tundra. And he carried around an arsenal of swords, his preferred weapon of choice, in his enchanted pack.

“If you say so.” Teral sighed.
“I do, now I must get some rest. I have another mark to go after tomorrow.” Imaru replied as he rose. “I’ll see you when I return.”
“What are you hunting, if I may ask?” Teral questioned.
“Oh it’s nothing extravagant, just another Scorpiarc.” Imaru replied grinning.
“Good luck!” Teral said as Imaru walked into the inn.

As Imaru entered his room he looked around. And at once he knew something was wrong. His room was exactly like he left it, except for the glistening white envelope sitting on his bed. As he walked over to his bed he froze. He spun around swiftly and raised his sword as a blade swung down. Imaru then parried a second blow, and in a fluid motion, brought the handle of the sword upward into the attackers jaw.

“So you can fight.” Said an unfamiliar voice that sent a chill down Imaru’s back.
“What are you doing here?” Imaru asked as he watched the shadowy figure.
“I am just delivering a message. The envelope contains your orders. Fulfill them. Or else she dies.” Replied the figure.
“What have you done with her?” Imaru yelled.
“You’ll find out very soon.” Cooed the voice.

Suddenly there were rapid knocks on his door, catching Imaru off guard. His eyes left the figure for a second and when he looked for him once more he was gone.
“Imaru!” Teral cried worry thick in his voice.
“Its open friend what-“
"It’s Valisilwen. She’s not returned from her hunt!” Teral interrupted him as he opened the door. Imaru rushed out of the room, leaving Teral looking at the white envelope. It couldn’t be them…could it? Teral thought silently before leaving the room.

You can Comment, Critique, and talk about my story HERE. Thankyou!

< Message edited by saber1001 -- 1/9/2011 21:47:37 >
AQ DF  Post #: 1
1/17/2011 23:51:15   
Imaru

Slowly Imaru approached the stairs. He was short of breath, unsure of his next move. Teral placed a comforting hand on his back and eased him towards the stairs. As he began to make his descent no one looked at him. They were all huddled around a map, Karina pointing out different locations.

“What was her mark?” Imaru questioned his voice barely audible.
“A black Rhoddhu, It was last seen heading north after an attack on Draggsvard.” Karina said pointing out the location on the map. “Im thinking a three man recovery team should get the job done.” Karina suggested to Teral.
“I’ll go.” Imaru said immediately.
“As will I.” Said an unknown voice. As the figure pushed through the crowd people began to mutter.
“How is that?””I don’t know.””He got here last night” What’s he wearing?”Looks like-“

“A Doom Knight. And you might be?” Imaru questioned.
“Im someone who knows more about the letter in your room. Not allot, but more.” The Doom Knight replied. “The name is Eric, Eric Ravenwing.” As he finished his name there was loud gasps and murmurs among the group.
“Ravenwing? Member of the Beacons of Hope? The Warmonger who has killed hundreds of thousands of foes in the defense of Lore?” Asked Karina.
“That one.” Replied Eric, a smile slightly visible.
“Im… Im speechless….” Karina began.
“Karina! Quit getting distracted!” Teral ordered as he approached the map. “We still need one more member to the party.” Teral finished.

Slowly Imaru looked around and saw that no one had there hand in the air. He heard no voices willing to give there lives for there friend. They had all heard the rumors about Doom Knights. About how they visiously cut down anything that got in the way of there blade. And they where afraid. Imaru shook his head in sadness.

“Teral, I need the Keys to the Armory as well as the Cages.” Imaru requested.
This brought a questioning look to Terals face. “For what, If I may ask?”
“Trust me friend.” Imaru said, looking his friend in the eyes. Teral reached out and handed Imaru the Keys. “I’ll be right back.” He stated as he went into the back halway that led into the Armory.

“What is she to him?” Eric asked when Imaru was out of ear shot. Teral Replied with one word.
“Everything.”

As he unlocked the door he heard the familiar, yet unwanted, voice of the Doom Knight armor in his mind.
Greetings Friend. I knew youd be back.
Did You? It doesn’t matter. Not right now. I need to think.
It’s like an addiction you know. The power. You need it, and then you find happieness, and someone takes it. Then you need it again. HAHAHAHAHAHA, it’s a cycle, and your traped in it. But I can help. Work with me, not against me. And we could rule all! We could find you true Happieness, or Take it from those who do not give in.
You mean submition. And I will not submit to you .To your dark wishes.
My Wishes? Oh no. Not mine. Yours. I voice your darkest desires. Im the voice of the Evil in you. Im the voice of what you truly want.
I wont…
Im not asking for submition. Im asking for cooperation, teamwork. Ill give you power, and you use it. That is all. Simply say Yes.
Ye-

“I wouldn’t if I where you.” Eric said interrupting his inner battle. “It wants control. And it will control you if you agree with it. That’s the first step toward submitance.”
“So how did you handle it? Your wearing the armor, not it wearing you.” Imaru asked.
“Simple, yet complicated.” Ill explain in time. For now, Don the Armor and lets get your companion. We have a lot more pressing issues.

please comment, critique, and enjoy here. Thank you!

< Message edited by saber1001 -- 1/17/2011 23:54:46 >
AQ DF  Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (DF)Chronicles of a Hunter
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition