Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Warp Guardian Upgrade - Worth it ?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> Warp Guardian Upgrade - Worth it ?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/13/2011 3:32:19   
demonspawn

What are your thoughts ?

< Message edited by AVA -- 1/13/2011 4:58:51 >
Post #: 1
1/13/2011 12:40:55   
Naj

The $10 upgrade was worth it for me, I can access more & better items, the ability to reach higher levels is also good. However buying additional Nova Gems are probably not a good value since there are very few nice NG items at my current level. (i.e., I wouldn't buy them again given 20-20 hindsight.)

http://aq.battleon.com/build30/charviewWF.asp?temp=63242043
AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 2
1/13/2011 12:42:40   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Oh heavens yes. Not long after i made my WF Char i saw the offer, rushed to a Newsagents and then upgraded. SO worth it in every way!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
1/13/2011 15:52:52   
sunblaze

There is one major reason why it is worth it.
You can level higher. And since many "storyline" releases require a certain level you can access them earlier and follow the storyline better. Simple and plain.

Of course you also can get better equipment etc. But the level-cap is my main reason.
AQ  Post #: 4
1/13/2011 16:53:26   
demonspawn

Thanks for that - I guess I will have to get one then.

Maybe the mods could sticky this to prevent similar posts ?
Post #: 5
1/14/2011 18:35:36   
moneybags
More than a Game

Definitely worth it. More levels and better equipment are such huge perks that I can't imagine giving up.
Epic  Post #: 6
1/18/2011 18:25:34   
candy.man

In my opinion, WG is not really worth it at this stage (and this is coming from someone who is a Warp Guardian). The main reason being is that the game is too incomplete at this stage for a person to really make full use of their WG upgrade. Only the WG tower quest chain and the odd handful of items actually require the upgrade at this stage so I’d actually suggest (to anyone wanting to upgrade) to just wait at this stage and upgrade in the future when the time is right (preferably when the game balances itself out and more content is released during releases).

From a value for money perspective, the current trend of 1 quest per month updates and the large list of stuff that needs fixing in WF versus the benefits and flaws of other AE games, I’d actually recommend upgrading in another AE game such as AQ, AQW or DF as these games give the player more bang for their buck than WF in terms of content and weekly releases.

< Message edited by candy.man -- 1/18/2011 18:27:36 >
Post #: 7
1/19/2011 18:06:12   
Arken

It's probably going to be worth it once the full version comes out. :D
AQ  Post #: 8
1/22/2011 1:33:07   
Lord Hades

@Arken. Why wait? It's worth it now!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
1/22/2011 7:25:57   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

The full version of what exactly, Arken?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
1/22/2011 14:04:18   
Kaelin

For the amount of time you put into this game, $10 is not a whole lot. If that much isn't worth paying, the game isn't worth playing either.
AQ  Post #: 11
1/23/2011 12:34:30   
popinloopy

worth it
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
1/28/2011 20:54:41   
{

Well, if you're going to play avidly, sure.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 13
1/28/2011 22:02:40   
DRAGONHUNT

DON'T! It's totally NOT worth it, WF is one of the worst (my opinion) games AE has made so far... *Checks number of players* yep.
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 14
2/11/2011 0:07:23   
Taiga3

I you are someone who likes to feel the sastisfaction of having everything done and want to be the best you can be then it's worth it. I have full account DA (and I can get the DoomKight armor now) full account SC, Guardian and Warp Guardian and I don't regret spending the money at all, even if you stop playing for a bit, you've always got it and always can come back, there are times I haven't played for months but I still come back to the games. It's a worth wile investment. The only on I dont pay for is AQW because that is a subscription based game and you feel like you have to play or you're wasting your money (which is true) and if part way through your sub you dont want to play anymore then you either dont and waste the money or do and dont have a good time.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 15
2/11/2011 2:11:48   
Trash Talker
Banned

Hey it's up to you! I'm level 68 and NOT A Warpguardian. I'm pretty much the best Adventurer on WF, and I tell you, I desprately wanna become a Warp Guardian, so much benefits, but as I said in other threads, not the most amazing.
Post #: 16
2/13/2011 8:58:43   
tame the lion

^ Dont be so quick to assume. Im level 71 adventurer Back on topic, i dont think its worth it, nor will it ever be.
AQW Epic  Post #: 17
2/15/2011 2:11:21   
Sasword

As someone with upgraded accounts in all the games except AQW which I refuse to play, I can say the Warp Guardian upgrade definatly gives you plenty of bang for your buck.

Everyone else more or less laid out the main benefits of it plus lets face it that WG Battlesuit is cool and the fact that the weapon scales isnt too bad either.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 18
2/15/2011 19:23:46   
KERED

Totally worth it.

I tend to think of it in terms of time.
As in, if you spend X hours actually playing the game, and it cost you 10 dollars, is that a fair return?

My ten dollars (euros!) has given me dozens and dozens (probably hundreds) of hours playing time with full access and with plenty more to come!
For me that represents excellent value for money, especially when I consider what I spend on other things.
AQ  Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> Warp Guardian Upgrade - Worth it ?
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition