Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

5 Focus Merc OP?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> 5 Focus Merc OP?
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/23/2011 10:49:46   
SCORPIOZZz

everytime i face a mercenary that uses a 5 focus build is just i dont know like someone hitting his face in the wall ???

Edited title to reflect discussion ~Omni

You can use this instead. ~AVA

< Message edited by AVA -- 1/29/2011 3:45:16 >
Epic  Post #: 1
1/23/2011 11:04:46   
TurkishIncubus

Idk why but no merc wined me yet , maybe its because of my new Str build only BHs win me if they do block and i dont

Epic  Post #: 2
1/23/2011 11:11:04   
edwardvulture

5 focus is too good for all classes. It should be removed. At least bonus damage should be removed after 3.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
1/23/2011 11:15:45   
Nebula

5 Focus tank Mercs are just far too powerful, especially with their overpowered Bunker Buster. Strength Mercs and Tank Mercs are both far too powerful at the moment.
Post #: 4
1/23/2011 14:04:13   
Shocka

5 Focus Merc
Best Defenses
Strong Attacks: Artillery/Bunker, Zooka, Robot, Robot Special
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
1/23/2011 14:08:45   
Matgon

And the worse thing is that there is no obvious way to nerf them..

< Message edited by Matgon -- 1/23/2011 14:09:08 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 6
1/23/2011 14:25:06   
Zean Zapple

Ehh, all 5 focus builds deserve an ehh.

~ZZ
Epic  Post #: 7
1/23/2011 14:59:09   
Nebula

@Matgon They should simply just take the Crit % off Bunker Buster, and possibly the Defense Ignore ( considering Plasma Bolt is its energy equivalent and it ignores no resistance. Cheap Shot is similar but its blockable ).
But yeah, there really is no true way to nerf them... unless staff get rid of the stat inflation.
Post #: 8
1/23/2011 15:17:55   
diablo452

Merc can abuse pretty much any skill they want because of the skills they have. Support merc were bad so they gave bounties shadow arts due to complaints. Then merc and tech mages complain because they loose for 38 days. So Merc starts abusing str because of shadow arts. The whole point of this is to show merc is the best class because they can abuse whatever they want and never get nerfed. and yet titan and Nightwraith are not effected by this...well wait they're admin so they can pretty much do as they please. Get free items, free varium, free credits, etc. Anyway neither of them are merc. And yet merc has been the Op class around the clock and they complain just because bounties can abuse str... well they need to wake up and smell burning credits (joke if u understand what i mean) They just to overpowered and the devs are afraid to do something because about 49% of the entire game are merc. -> stop paying varium. -> no money coming in. -> sad devs. the whole game evolves around abusing stats.... so why bother just Nerfing the weakest class focus on the most overpowered class that rules the game by complaining. Mercenaries stop complaing and just find stats to abuse more than ever,,,,
Give bounties and techs back the passive skills because they need them to compete with merc. The class that complains because of "unfair" treatment when they never get nerfed.... -.-"
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
1/23/2011 15:27:00   
Shadow Jester

We love complaining :3
This is how we get what we want...This how stat requirements came :P
Tank mercs beat me up....With the new club fully enhanced...
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
1/23/2011 15:31:38   
xxXSatanic_AbyssXxx

@edwardvulture
Personally, I've never seen a mage with a five focus built that could do anything but fail. But then again I don't play that often due to repetitiveness.

Personally I think it seriously limits creativity to cookie cutter style, far as I'm concerned the added damage should be removed and replaced with something else.

Post #: 11
1/23/2011 16:01:19   
Tiago X

Uh. Mages don't really use 5focus, and the few dumb enough for that, fail real hard.
ALSO, you just need a good build vs mercs.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
1/23/2011 16:52:14   
edwardvulture

You forget robot and plasma bolt scale on tech? With a physical armor you'll be nearly indestructible. I find malfing for damage nerf and smoking for blocks very helpful, except they still have those auxes.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 13
1/23/2011 16:58:05   
Laos

As a 5 focus user myself, I can say that providing you have a good build, you can tear us tanks apart. The main ones that tear me apart are tank Mages.
I wouldn't say that we're that OP, IMO.
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
1/23/2011 17:24:55   
Askardi

I've fought some poorly made focus builds so, it's not just 3-5 focus and own everything. Secondly, I have trouble with good focus builds of all classes. And finally ... I always get them down to about 20 health, I have no clue how come it's always 24 or lower and I lose.

I can't play focus builds, I have no clue what to do haha. I'm way too used to a support-based build that has enough skills distributed to counter the majority of builds, I tried focus and was seriously confused. But it's not just 5 focus builds, it's everything from 3 to 5 and I'm glad to see this pointed out.

However! Here is where the problem comes in ... I win a lot. Yet I have trouble with well-made strength hunters and well-made focus builds, you shouldn't win all the time. So that's why I don't complain, shouldn't I lose every now and then?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 15
1/23/2011 17:25:07   
evil2k8

I think a 5 Focus build VS a 3 the 5 has a much higher advantage of winning, only a 5 focus VS'ing a 5 focus would give a real challenge. It shouldn't be removed, but provoked.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
1/23/2011 18:22:15   
Mr.Pablo Jr.

five focus mercenary is only good if you know how to use it, otherwise it pretty much fails.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
1/23/2011 19:46:25   
Pyronix15

It seems everything a merc odes these days is "overpowered"

OMG, he killed me in 3 turns with a strength biuld! OP'ED!

So much defense?! OP'ED!

Dam crits! OP'ED!

No one likes support biulds, no one likes strength biulds, and now no one likes balanced cookie cutter 5 focus tank builds. What else is left, how the hell else am I supposed to compete with smoke and malfunction builds? Do you really think hybrid armour is that much of a power house skill that I'm not allowed to have anything else?

IMO, the reason there are so many mercs in this game is because, like most every other MMO and class based game, people like warriors.

Theres a flood of wolfblade players in MQ, warrior based classes in WoW, and even in aqw warrior is considered the most common class of new players.

People just like warrior based classes, because its a nice and simple "I hit you tell I win" style.

Imo, if the server was flooded with mages people would be calling for a nerf to 5 focus/support mages, same for 5 focus/attack bounties.

As I've said countless times, mercs are mercs, deal with it.

AQ MQ  Post #: 18
1/23/2011 20:12:24   
Wraith

@Above: In my opinion, there is no need to rule all, just to compete with others. Once that is achieved...well then make a creative build as a challenge and hope not everyone copies it and then your class becomes OP. That's how the BH thing started. Smoke and Massacre=Death.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 19
1/23/2011 20:16:38   
Pyronix15

But even that had extreme weaknesses.

I myself carry a level 5 intimidate and phys. armour now. It cost me a few skill points and whenever I meet a mage I have to pray I go first so I can swap my hybrid, but at least I can win against attack bounties 9 out of 10 times.

Imo, its all about creativity, as you said.

Most founders/alphas understand that, but this new generation of players insist if it beats them, and their carrying varuim, it has to be nerfed.
AQ MQ  Post #: 20
1/26/2011 14:44:24   
IsaiahtheMage

LOL Mercs are the OPed class they dont need a nerf because then they will be complaing just give Mages a buff Bh and Mercs are ate the top of the chain now the SUP and STR Mercs and the 5 foucs build and STR BH are at the top of the chain.I for one am a 5 foucs build merc well I will be I am levell 29 right now once I am level 32 I will be 5 focus build but still theres always a way around it.Yes they are Oped.
AQW Epic  Post #: 21
1/27/2011 6:53:43   
King FrostLich

I don't see them that OP. I often block their bots and make them mad. And yes I compete these 5 focus mercs as non varium mage.
Epic  Post #: 22
1/27/2011 9:52:08   
Larcell

LOL. Now people are complaining about +5 focus mercs? The last time I checked, +5 focus is a complete balance (all stats ranging from strength to support have a base of 45, and is not spammed onto just str or support). I'm a +5 merc, and no, I'm not overpowered.

< Message edited by Larcell -- 1/27/2011 9:54:41 >
Epic  Post #: 23
1/27/2011 14:01:19   
DDavid

Well im a bounty hunter, and i pwn most mercs and mages, if they dont get lucky. I dont think mercs are over powered at all.
Post #: 24
1/27/2011 21:34:48   
Xtream cookie maker

Focus merc's are no problem to me I just debuff then robot , aux, and the rest of my unblock ables usually kills them.
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> 5 Focus Merc OP?
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition