Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: 5 Focus Merc OP?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: 5 Focus Merc OP?
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/27/2011 21:57:05   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

My stats are nearly all the same with a base stat of 43 STR| 42 DEX| 40 TECH| 45 SUPP| (not including additional stats from weapons.)

Personally at +4 Focus, i do not feel any where near overpowered, and i know some might say they don't even if they have +5 Focus. If i am honest with you, i have only just learned how the focus is gained up to +5, so i do not know a great deal about it, but it's good if i know more and i can understand better and contribute more to these types of discussion.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
1/27/2011 22:46:34   
Trey Purplefire

Mercs 5 focus overpowered in 1 v 1?! That's absurd. Now, I will admit, Mercs have their rule over 2v2, but that's it. Mages have the right to complain, their class is terrible! BHs, 2 words, shut up. Smoke massacre is all you need. I've been destroyed over, and over, there's nothing we can do. Hybrid is not the powerhouse you may think it is, and our new skill, unlike yours is basically useless. Intimidate wears off. We're defenseless. Without a few blocks, we're SOL, and how can we get the upperhand whenever Shadow Arts is blocking half our skills, or critting us? No complaining about our 5 focus bots either, mine get blocked most of the time anyways..
Post #: 27
1/28/2011 1:31:53   
TurkishIncubus

^

Actualy Mages is fine too but the unbalancing thing is they are slow.

Merc STR - Super fast , normal win ratio %80-90
Merc Focus - Slow , good win ratio %85-90
BH STR - Fast , good win ratio %85-90
BH Focus - Slow , High win Ratio %88-93
Mage - Slow ,Normal win Ratio (the thing is they need to make their dex +80 and use DM they will win STR builds but they r slow and not high win rate) %80-85

Mercs and BH is balanced now , Mages need a to be faster or Higher winrate(healloop)

Epic  Post #: 28
1/28/2011 8:55:30   
Raph21

^ lol. (@ Last sentence)

< Message edited by Raph21 -- 1/28/2011 8:56:02 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
1/28/2011 10:21:24   
Pyronix15

quote:

Merc STR - Super fast , normal win ratio %80-90
Merc Focus - Slow , good win ratio %85-90
BH STR - Fast , good win ratio %85-90
BH Focus - Slow , High win Ratio %88-93
Mage - Slow ,Normal win Ratio (the thing is they need to make their dex +80 and use DM they will win STR builds but they r slow and not high win rate) %80-85

That entire list is a bit biased and.

Focus builds are not slow, they about a 2-3 turn win rate depending on what you have (bunker/bot/cheapshot)

Merc str. builds do not have a 90 percent win rate, and never will. Further more, since win rates are completely dependent on how many non varuim cookie cutter builds you can squash in 2 turn's before someone with some sense a few dollars comes along and nerfs/stuns/blocks you into submission, I'd say any build can have a 90 percent win rate. Exept str. mercs, which depend way to much on luck to be of any use at all I find. At most. I'd say you an achieve a 75 percent win rate with a str. merc, seeing as how half the game is a shadow arts bounty or 5 focus merc atm.Focus builds will slaughter most any type of str. build, but only if they invest in a few defensive moves.

Secondly, a malf/plasma/overload build is pretty much a 2/3 turn kill on most incompetent players, and even a few varuims with some luck. A support/5 focus mage build is very capable of a 90 percent win rate, there are many non varuim mages using this right now.

Way to many people think of caster builds as crap nowadays, which is a little disappointing when theres so much untapped creativity to use. I'm not saying max plasma/overload will be godly, but a nice mix of the 6 staff only skills leads to a very potent all around build, IMO.
AQ MQ  Post #: 30
1/28/2011 10:44:11   
dracule1984

Oh common guys, Mercs are the most UNBALANCED of all the three classes. Their Field commander is a waste of turn, Yes they have high defense but... A mage and bounty can make a mince meat out of a Merc thx to there Malfunction and BH smoke Bomb. For that a Merc doesn't have a Good counter but only to buy an assault bot. Their Blood shield is underpowered, Waste of points, and their field commander is a waste of turn. U cast it, a bounty will Smoke you, and Bam your dead or just healing crazy before doing anything really. Bunker well a mage comes and malfs you, there you go, bunker wasted. You complain about High support mercs, well the reality is, if their is a BH with energy burn.. there goes your multi. So who ever says mercs are over powered should check again. Right now BH is the most BALANCED of all the three Classes. Nice defensive spells, good DMG multiplier, Nice passive skills.

I would suggest That mercs should be given a passive Str bonus %, blood shield to be replaced by something better, and Energy burn should have a 50% DMG to the amount of Energy Burned (Since that can be blocked).

Ty
Post #: 31
1/28/2011 11:54:01   
Gabriel Dude

Hey trey dude havent u noticed the tank merxenaries (not like u xuz ur not rlly considered as tank) i just saw like 4 mercs with tht new mace and a rlly powerfull tank build its truly har to beat em i won only cuz i got to start otherwise i was toasted
Post #: 32
1/28/2011 16:29:47   
Jatar The Legend

To be honest, every week someone complains about another OP'd class, So really I wait to see which one it is, and then wait for it to be nerfed.
Its gonna happen, so quit whining, buy var, change classes, or adapt :S
DF  Post #: 33
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: 5 Focus Merc OP?
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition