Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Gamma Evolution 1.1.3d - Friday, January 28th, 2011

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Gamma Evolution 1.1.3d - Friday, January 28th, 2011
Page 8 of 8«<45678
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/30/2011 18:51:14   
Wandering Guardian

Is it just me or is the new logout button just a standard screen refresh? That's all I got.. Was expecting to return to character selection screen tbh. Don't see the need for another F5...

~WG

AQW Epic  Post #: 176
1/30/2011 19:35:21   
edwardvulture

That only helps kids 11 and under.:D
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 177
1/30/2011 20:01:06   
goldslayer1

@edvard
in that case then u can do a -10% block on all classes
blocking is now outrages
even with like a 10% chance (not from shadowarts) u still see people blocking like 3-5 times in a row (with hits that can be blocked)
AQW Epic  Post #: 178
1/31/2011 4:42:02   
edwardvulture

Right now the OP trend is 5 bonus tanks that are usually mercs. That guy's thread was more of a prediction then a discussion. I finally agree with him. I think you guys are making it too easy for 5 bonus to win. High strength is also still a problem. The rift between the free playerrs and varium players is also to far. This wasn't a problem until rage was nerfed. My suggestion for this is to make rage stop increasing with support at a lower point in the support advantage spectrum, and bring it back stronger like the way it was.

< Message edited by edwardvulture -- 1/31/2011 5:07:03 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 179
1/31/2011 16:18:25   
Angels Holocaust

I'm not surprised to see that the players of this game have been taken advantage again. When the Dev's advertised the Azrael bane it said that it would give the player an additional +5 percent chance to crit an opponent. Later of today I found out that it only works on strikes which is very odd. The details of the sword should've been advertised along with the sword not after the players have bought it.
Post #: 180
1/31/2011 16:22:30   
Tiago X

True. IF I still played, I wold NOT buy that sword. It's not even worth it. Seriously, it's a Frostbane covered with a ugly ass head. If it had more enhacement slots, or even more stats, that wold be OK.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 181
1/31/2011 16:29:41   
Pyronix15

If the sword had any more stat points.....

1)I would complain that people who go frost bane was a waste of money, since I got it 2 weeks ago.

2)It would push stat inflation even higher, something the devs have been trying VERY hard to prevent. Hence the +5 crit add on.

Imo, players have been begging for a phys. frost bane since frost bane was first released. Whats not to like?

Can you imagine if it had 5 crit to EVERYTHING and a support merc got his hands on it?

< Message edited by Pyronix15 -- 1/31/2011 16:30:24 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 182
1/31/2011 16:34:38   
EE

I do agree with Angel's about how they do need to be more specific with their devs (luckily I stick with staves). I guess players should be more careful and research they're weapons before they buy. I feel like many players fall into the trap off "ooooo shiny new toy BUY BUY BUY" and then end up with a hole in their wallet.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 183
1/31/2011 17:08:40   
Mr.Pablo Jr.

I think its a great replacement for Dragon Buster if didn't have the time to buy that.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 184
1/31/2011 17:14:08   
Fay Beeee

I always check the stats and see how I could use them before I buy. As I think most people would, unless they are collectors.

I have the new sword and Charfades Launcher. I did not buy the Valentine weapons. They are looking good but not for me. Again 'my choice'. :)

Epic  Post #: 185
1/31/2011 18:14:57   
  Omni
Quantum Mod

Regarding Azrael Bane: Straight from the DN's:
quote:

Developed by the most demented weapon smiths from across Delta V, this devastating sword will prepare all duelists who possess it for the terrors ahead with an added 5% chance to inflict critical strikes

How often do you call a hit from a gun, bazooka, or anything that isn't a strike a critical strike. Regardless the weapon is perfectly worth the amount of Varium payed for in game and is a great additonal promo item that's been added to the Varium package. The advertising didn't say crit 5% more often it specifically says it has a 5% additional chance for a critical strike which is what it does.

< Message edited by Omni -- 1/31/2011 18:17:17 >
Post #: 186
1/31/2011 18:22:33   
edwardvulture

Does that apply to berserker or double strike? Or does it include everything that involves a sword?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 187
2/1/2011 17:18:58   
Mr.Pablo Jr.

It includes everything that involves a sword.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 188
2/1/2011 17:52:16   
edwardvulture

I remember something, back some times ago, everyone wanted a physical frostbane. Well, the devs listened and they got one. Even though leaving the f2p so much further behind. I can't wait till gamma's over so they won't be as pressed for money.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 189
2/1/2011 17:52:36   
8x

@Mr.Pablo Jr.: I think it includes only strike.

I got info from here: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=18608045
Epic  Post #: 190
2/1/2011 20:04:03   
Gree

Wow, I didn't realize this sword benefits mercs more than other classes.
Post #: 191
2/1/2011 21:51:55   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

This might be first step of weapons that give silent boosts.
AQW Epic  Post #: 192
2/1/2011 22:36:11   
The Joker X

Spend 500 more varium for 5% more crit? No thnx. My dragon buster looks better imho, and has the same amount of stats as well as damage. :)
AQW Epic  Post #: 193
2/3/2011 5:25:06   
edwardvulture

Too much criticals, too less on varium tanks. I have such low res and 42 support, It was already going to hit high but then they stick another critical on top of that.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 194
2/3/2011 9:05:04   
Crovile V2

Azreal's Bane is one amazing sword indeed. It's a perfect Physical sword for Tank types. With enormous 34 stat boosts, it rules the world of Physical swords. Well ! If anyone spent just to buy it & get crits, then you seriously have issues. Any good brawler, he/she will agree that this physical type sword is perfect. I bought this sword 'coz of it's awesome stat mods. This sword is a real beauty indeed. Crits ? They are luck & I don't care. I like to duel on stats & not chances.
Post #: 195
2/3/2011 10:06:21   
Drianx

@Omni: Sorry but I agree with Angels here. Critical strike is a general name for a crit, regardless if it is a gun shot, sword strike, bot attack or a spellcast. Otherwise how do you call a gun crit: critical shot? No, all of them are generally called "critical strikes".

On the other hand, if you really want take the words exactly as they were said, just check this out:

quote:

this devastating sword will prepare all duelists who possess it for the terrors ahead with an added 5% chance to inflict critical strikes

I could guess from here that you don't even need to equip it?

To sum it up: I don't really feel cheated because the sword is good, but I also expected to get an overall 5% increased chance to crit. That is what I also understood from the announcement in the first place.
AQW Epic  Post #: 196
2/4/2011 17:50:29   
edwardvulture

WOW that was sort of disappointing :( Oh well lets hope quests release next week...
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 197
2/4/2011 17:51:28   
SMGS

Please continue your discussions here.
Locked.
Post #: 198
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Gamma Evolution 1.1.3d - Friday, January 28th, 2011
Page 8 of 8«<45678
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition