Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Epicduel,free to play or pay to win?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Epicduel,free to play or pay to win?
Page 4 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/9/2011 9:35:33   
Deadly PoisoN
Banned!

I'm not responding to you anymore turkish,you make no sense.And to say something in your own language doesn't change it's meaning,lol stop trying to pretend you meant it different.And another thing,why should i pm you if you were all macho and insulted my thread out in the open?

Don't respond again,because you'll get us both banned if i insult you again,which i probably will do since you say random things.I do have varium btw,but unlike you i don't want to win every battle easily,because i'm not a mindless drone.

I was a free player when i started this thread,but i stay with what i said.What's the point of getting an instant win against a non varium?To me that's not fair.Every time i'm up against a lvl 27 or 28 non varium player,i'm asking myself why?Where's this fair game play we're told about?Enchancements cost a fortune for non varium.Enhancing to 10 is almost impossible if you're into brushing your teeth and combing your hair daily,comprende?
AQ Epic  Post #: 76
2/9/2011 14:00:22   
PhoenixGladiator

Wait....You DON'T want to easily win every battle? I'm bamboozled. Personally, I love demolishing level 27 non varium players. Heck I love demolishing all level 30s and below. We all had to struggle through those levels. There is no reason for pity. As for the whole seasonal argument, there are definitely reasons for that. Don't be ignorant and try to act like you are acknowledging both sides when you aren't. Everyone has struggled at one point or another in this game. Whether your class is UP or you are level 27 fighting 32s, the great thing about this game (and all of AEs games) is that they are ever evolving. They are constantly evolving and coming out with new things. Have some patience. It's no one's fault but yours if you've missed all the powerful non-varium items that have been released. I have no doubt that more powerful ones will come again in the future.

Also, don't attack Turkish because he can't articulate his thoughts. Once again, your hypocrisy baffles me.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 77
2/9/2011 14:29:20   
Raven God

Can't you two (TurkishIncubus and Deadly PoisoN) get along without being so agressive with each other? There's no benefits on that, I ask you both to please be kind to each other and share your ideas without so much conflict... What you are doing is the main reason there is so much tension between Non-Varium & Varium players.

Please do not start a flaming war, else Mods will surely lock this. Thx for your attention.

On Topic:
IMHO, I agree with the most you all said so far. Some Non-Varium players create (or copy, depends on each one's point of view) that resort to luck to smash some Varium players, sometimes succeding. But that's just a particular case of a few builds or only a class (namely Mercs). You cannot look upon Non-Varium players as a whole and stereotype them as Mercs.

I understand that Varium players pay & support the game, but bear it in mind, it is not stated anywhere that the game is "Pay to Win". For the Varium players who watch this, you already have your benefits: super-powered items, easy-to-obtain Enhancements... and most important IMO, HUGE variety, which what Non-Variums lack ATM.

As said many times in this thread, F2P Bh'ers only have 2 non-Rare Primary wristblades to choose from, both with TERRIBLE Stats (& no Superweapons, like Caden's Wrath & Mjolnir). By nowadays standards (do those exist in this game?), F2P'ers MUST have Rares to have a chance to stay competitive.

And its also true F2P'ers are being left down in the gutter by the Stat Inflation (I'm not saying Non-Varium items should have the same stats as Varium ones,mind you). They should at least tweak the F2P weapons to keep up with that .
If the stats of Varium weapons get, say, +10 stats generally, Non-var ones should get like +5 or so, so the gap does not widen nor does it narrow. That and giving F2P's some variety.

(BTW, if you wonder why I post in short paragraphs, the reason it's simply because I like to spare people the pain of reading wall text).

EDIT: @PhoenixGladiator In my opinion, "smashing" someone because of level diference is diferent from doing the same by taking advantage of Varium advantage. In any way, high or low leveled, Varium or F2P'er, you should always have respect for your opponents.

< Message edited by Raven God -- 2/9/2011 17:42:52 >
AQ DF  Post #: 78
2/9/2011 14:38:20   
Deadly PoisoN
Banned!

@PhoenixGladiator,your stupidity baffles me.When a new player signs up for epicduel,and they hear that there were awesome rares but they're gone and will be back in a year or never,what do you want them to think?Should they then use the crappy in game selection,rares in this game seems to be everything.

Nothing for new players to take part in.As for winning and losing to lower lvl players.Yeah,all of us needed to go through those stages,but when does the lvl range change?This game is not ever expanding,at least not in the traditional good sense.They keep talking about new features but fail to correct the basics and create a tighter and more stable gaming environment.

Unlike yourself i actually recognize a problem and see that just because we all went through it doesn't make it right.I'm not a hypocrite,don't be a fool.You attacked the wrong person.Unlike you i don't just care about the here and the now,but this game isn't all that old and needs newer people.

But what the current setup does is it discourages newer people who sign up.Rares should be a part of the game not THE GAME.The only person that has any sort of sense regarding the balance of this game seems to be buffy a summers.

Like she said in the update thread:''You people get excited over a sneak peak on things you were promised a year ago.''That pretty much sums up epicduel atm.Talk but 0 action.

Take your bandwagon somewhere else please,you and turkish make 0 sense.
AQ Epic  Post #: 79
2/9/2011 17:00:23   
PhoenixGladiator

quote:

EDIT: @PhoenixGladiator In my opinion, "smashing" someone because of level diference is diferent from doing the same by taking advantage of Varium advantage. In any way, high or low leveled, Varium or F2P'er, you should always have respect for your opponents.

I'm sorry. I'll try not to take advantage of my "Varium advantage."

Wait....can you tell me how to do that?

quote:

@PhoenixGladiator,your stupidity baffles me.When a new player signs up for epicduel,and they hear that there were awesome rares but they're gone and will be back in a year or never,what do you want them to think?Should they then use the crappy in game selection,rares in this game seems to be everything.

Stupidity? That's funny. Why don't you stop basing your arguments on fallacies. A player who just signs up for EpicDuel will not be in need of any seasonal rares (unless the items are level 1 which I highly doubt). By the time they are at a level in which they can actually utilize seasonal/rare weapons, there is a good chance that a new set of rares/seasonals is just around the corner. And I hope Titan reads that you think this game doesn't ever change. I, for one, am very pleased with the recent updates and the ones poised for release in the future. Sorry that I have to resort to cliches, but it's just a game. Stop getting so worked up. It's not like you are paying for it (lol).

< Message edited by PhoenixGladiator -- 2/9/2011 17:01:11 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 80
2/9/2011 17:56:40   
Raven God

@PhoenixGladiator I probably did not make my intention clear enough by looking at your reply. Take a more careful look at this:

quote:

In any way, high or low leveled, Varium or F2P'er, you should always have respect for your opponents

I'm in no way forcing/asking you to abdicate your benefits as a playing player, nor such is possible in any way. I'm merely poiting to the simple fact you should treat other the same way you want to be treated. With respect. With honor. With valiance.
And not with despise and disregard for their efforts, which is the idea you convey with the following sentence (quoted from you):

quote:

Personally, I love demolishing level 27 non varium players. Heck I love demolishing all level 30s and below.

The way you make such a statement sound, it really transmits veagence and anger, which, by looking at your ideas, seems that you enjoy to unleash on innocent, fellow players. There is absolutely no reason to say that you "love to destroy weaker players".

Trust me, some forumites have already been silenced for posting such totalitarian, extremist and opressive ideas about how Varium players should have the right to make Non-Varium players their punching bags.

Your line of though is ABSOLUTELY WRONG. Non-Varium players are not Varium players' punching bags/lab rats; We are still human players nonetheless, so I appreciate you treat us with respect and dignity. How many times do I have to repeat myself in such issue so it is clear to everyone?

Thx for your attention.

< Message edited by Raven God -- 2/9/2011 18:54:03 >
AQ DF  Post #: 81
2/9/2011 19:13:57   
PhoenixGladiator

@ Raven God So by saying that I like to demolish non-variums and lower level players, I am saying that I don't respect them? You misinterpret my intentions. I respect all players of any level and equipment status as long as they don't do anything to deserve otherwise. I have plenty of great matches with all players and sometimes a quick easy win is a nice relief. Is there a problem with that?

You act like there is some sort of wrong doing going on in EpicDuel and that I am trying to eradicate it. Sorry MLK, there are no injustices in this game. Yeah...I said it, it's just a game.

And please don't label me as a dictator, an extremist, or an oppressor -- facetious is probably the better label. I think those are all a little "extreme" for EpicDuel forums. Keep your political jargon to the real world please. (Wait...who's the extremist again?)

lol.....It still baffles me how you managed to find my entire line of political extremist thought out of me saying I like to demolish easy opponents.

@ Deadly Poison I don't want to get too off base. I agree with a lot of the problems you addressed in this thread. The thing is, there is nothing we can do about it. I read through the original post again and did not see any plausible solutions or fixes to the larger problem. No matter what, there will always be imbalance between the classes and even greater imbalance between non-varium and varium players.

Right now, I think the easiest solution would just be to implement more class specific non-varium permanent items. But this solution has already been expressed, so right now all we can do is sit and wait. Is there anything else you think would fix the problem?

< Message edited by PhoenixGladiator -- 2/9/2011 19:24:54 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 82
2/10/2011 0:25:07   
Deadly PoisoN
Banned!

Now before i respond to the sea of misinformation you provided yet again,read this and feel...ENLIGHTENED.

Buffy a summers:"TEST PHASE" ! ??? !

LOL

''Funny, I've Been Dumping Money Into This Game For 13 Months Now... And It's Still 'Testing'?

Testing What? Our Patience? Or How Much Money We Will Place Into A Broken System.

You All Amuse Me, Seriously.

How Grateful You Are To Get A "Preview" Of What Has Been Promised For A Year.

Sheep.

Oh And Here's A Spolier About What Awaits In The Bazar...

Items That Will Cost Varium...Which Means...MORE MONEY!

Anyone Notice A Pattern Here?

Battle Your Way Through Our New Storyline And Defeat Our New Boss So You Can Have The 'Honor' Of Buying An Assortment Of Weapons...At $10 Each.

Oh...And Then, 2 Weeks Later, We'll Make Even More Weapons...That Will Cost You More Money...Again.

And Don't Forget To Enhance Them Every Time!

Even Though There Is No Varium Buy Back System.

*Double Facepalm*''

Now MY response:

She is seriously 1 cool chick.I can read this post over and over again and only laugh in agreement.

I'm going to respond to your arguments by quoting random pieces,in no exact order.

''Why don't you stop basing your arguments on fallacies.''
1.I don't.Unlike in aq where there's 136 lvls in epicduel there's 32.These rares only come out on holiday or seasonal events.You reach the max lvl easily and the last 2 lvls or so are the drag.My arguments are thought out,before i spam endless assumptions and self satisfying opinions,i'll think.

What do these players do the rest of the time?These events are normally spaced between each other,not closely together.And look at the amount of good items they release at that time for a free player.But what i'll say later in this post will make you feel so ignorant.

2.''I hope titan reads about how you think this game doesn't ever change.''

Yeah me too He should make sure he reads the sea of other complaints from people that know where this game is headed.The people that actually know that your assumption about how nicely this game is moving forward is so sadly mistaken.Just open your mind to what every sensible person is saying.

If people like you just agree that the developers are nice people that want to give you the nicest releases every time,then we are destined to get trampled on by the developers.

3.''Stop getting so worked up,it's not like you're paying,lol.''

Are you sure i'm not paying?How sure,read the top of this page and laugh at your own ignorance.You probably think that like yourself i ignorantly side with people that pay.Unlike you,i think of free players as potential payers.Lol,i'm trying to do the job the developers are suppose to be doing.A game is suppose to lure people deeper and deeper,to such a point where they WANT to pay.But as a free player,who in their right mind would want to support a game so greedily set up.Your cheap attempt at trying to insult a non paying player failed.In the course up until now iv'e long upgraded.

Want a screenshot or a youtube vid sonny?

4. ''I read through the original post again and did not see any plausible solutions or fixes to the larger problem.''

Huh?The LARGER problem?Rofl,i couldn't help myself.The problem atm is this entire game,there is no small problem,almost everything is chaos.If you need me to draw up a list of obvious problems,then you have troubled eye sight.But i think you know what they are.

5.''Right now all we can do is sit and wait.''

Sadly you're 100% correct.Refer back to the post by buffy,self explanatory.But for how long?If the game were really moving forward,they would have addressed simple things such as 1 class only have 2 weapons in the entire game unless they have varium.Varium should definitely get the variety,but the only selections.

That's why this game is not heading forward,and probably won't.Unless they somehow magically come to their senses and correct all the wrongs,who am i kidding...

< Message edited by Deadly PoisoN -- 2/10/2011 1:08:00 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 83
2/10/2011 3:51:12   
PhoenixGladiator

I don't want to keep this argument going with a circle of quoting and discrediting. I argue for fun usually anyways. Weird hobby I know

I do agree with you on almost everything you have said though. I like the quote by Buffy. It is funny. Who are we to do anything though? The entire population isnt going to up and leave (which would fix the problem lol). I'm going to try and not put any more money into this game though...hopefully. If everyone refrains from buying as much varium as they usually do, that may bring some attention to the problem. Not something I'm passionate about enough to rally the troops though.

Sorry if some stuff doesn't make sense. I'm typing this from my phone at midnight.

anyways, can't we get a long?
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 84
2/10/2011 4:22:07   
Deadly PoisoN
Banned!

@PhoenixGladiator,you're right.Nobody will stop buying varium and that is where the str to all these problems lie.Perhaps the LOVE of money truly is the root of all evil,just like the bible says.I would like to apologize to both you and turkish,for the way i voiced my opinions and facts toward your own.What he said is true,but not the entire truth.

I got offended yeah,but like matt damon says in one of the bourne identity films:''My argument is not with you''Yeah i'm a fanatic The problem with words are,once they're spoken or typed,their effects or the roots they plant cannot be reversed.I'm currently reading a book on the offensive nature of human beings,it sounds boring but isn't.

We should all voice our opinions continually,eventually unhappy people become angry people.The only power the developers have are over the addicted players,once they lose that stronghold,they'll be forced to listen to legitimate player needs.

So yeah,again i'm sorry.We all basically reached the same conclusion,turkish included even though not he nor myself even knew it.Extremely weird.

< Message edited by Deadly PoisoN -- 2/10/2011 4:26:00 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 85
2/10/2011 7:05:56   
Larcell

There are ways to earn free varium. 8 of my 10 varium purchases were based on Free Offers (those 8 were for the 1,250 packages) So everyone can have varium; therefore this game can be "free to win" as well. I find those who complain about varium being the focus of the game have never tried (or regularly) attempt to do the free offers.

@Deadly Poison, I would agree, it's time consuming.

Epic Duel is this:

1. Free to play
2. Pay to win
3. Free to win (with free offers).

Larcell, out.
Epic  Post #: 86
2/10/2011 8:22:47   
FearRipper

I absolutely agree to everything that you've said and I think what every f2p would have wanted to say.

Lets see what a MMO is first, I think that a MMO is a game where you can interact with players and work together to complete the game's objectives. And as you play longer you work your way through the levels by earning and working in the game.

Did you notice the bolded words? We earn our levels and money.

Yet in this game all you need to do is buy varium, then you just cruise through the levels without any problem. Which destroys the whole point of the game, it was supposed to be challenging and fun for all. Whats the point of a MMO that you can beat within a month?

So now you might ask, "Hey FearRipper why do you even care just go play another game!"
Its because I'm speaking for me and the people who love this game, WE CARE

Feel free to contradict me if you want, and I will correct you.
Post #: 87
2/10/2011 8:46:32   
Vick Vega

I do not understand the logic behind why free player weapons should be equal to varium purchased weapons. It is a little like seeing your neighbor watching cable through the window and complaining to the cable company that you have fewer channels and as a result are less informed. You didn’t pay for cable. He did. That is why he has more channels.

I would support free player weapons being nearly equal to varium gear if they were ridiculously priced so that it took forever to get one piece. I think the credit cost should be enough that it would take the average player 6 months of hardcore playing to acquire one piece. I am pretty sure I work harder for my money than you do for your ED credits.

On a lighter note I would like to say this. I like buying varium items for more than one reason and I think many of the heavy purchasers like me would agree. I do like the power they give you in the game, c’mon who wouldn’t! But, I like how transparent the ED team is about themselves and how visible they are to their players. When I send them $50 to get varium I have a general idea who it is going to support. Lastly, in a weird way, buying new stuff is a huge part of the game IMO. I like buying a new item that boosts me or changes my build in some way. It is a part of the game and a part of the fun.
It sounds to me like free players want something that doesn’t exist. There are few, if any, things created by humans that money does not make a difference in what you are able to accomplish. Why would a game designed by a company whose purpose is to make a profit differ?

PS. If there were credit items that were equal to varium items or promo items I would still support ED with $ but not nearly as much as I do now. Free players, keep in mind that the game is still fun for you even if you get whooped alot by the elite 32 variums. If it wasnt you would leave. That being said, if the money stopped flowing into ED, ED would not be able to keep the game going for you. In a round about way varium purchases help everyone, including the free player.

< Message edited by Vick Vega -- 2/10/2011 9:45:00 >

http://www.herosmash.com/hs-character.asp?id=Vick%20vega
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 88
2/10/2011 9:14:21   
Deadly PoisoN
Banned!

@Vick Vega,you and a truck load of other people misunderstood everything i said.Guess what smart one?I have varium,dun dun dun!What a shock.Nobody said varium items should be equally powerful to non varium,where do people even get that from,where did i state exactly that?

I started this thread as a free player,but there's a reason i'm still sticking to what i said.Look at the in game selection to free players,especially the poor bounty hunter class.Like i said earlier,games are suppose to lure non payers into paying by enjoyment.

This game discourages any new player that starts out to even pay a dime.And yes by starting out i mean lvling up to 25 or past that,which goes extremely fast.

I even made a few examples of good free items on the first page,the epicduel community is shocking me more each day.Some people on here really have trouble reading,it's scary.
AQ Epic  Post #: 89
2/10/2011 9:42:47   
Vick Vega

@Deadly

I understand what you said and what your are saying. However, that is not the sentiument I have ever heard on these forums. Let's seperate it then. How do you feel about this statement?

There should be more diverse free items that are equally powerful for each class. However they will not be as powerful as the varium couterparts.

Do you agree with this?

Signature removed. Please use your signature only once per page. ~SMGS

< Message edited by SMGS -- 2/14/2011 4:35:23 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 90
2/10/2011 9:50:29   
Larcell

quote:

I do not understand the logic behind why free player weapons should be equal to varium purchased weapons. It is a little seeing your neighbor watching cable through the window and complaining to the cable company that you have fewer channels and as a result are less informed. You didn’t pay for cable. He did. That is why he has more channels.

I would support free player weapons being nearly equal to varium gear if they were ridiculously priced so that it took forever to get one piece. I think the credit cost should be enough that it would take the average player 6 months of hardcore playing to acquire one piece. I am pretty sure I work harder for my money than you do for your ED credits.

On a lighter note I would like to say this. I like buying varium items for more than one reason and I think many of the heavy purchasers like me would agree. I do like the power they give you in the game, c’mon who wouldn’t! But, I like how transparent the ED team is about themselves and how visible they are to their players. When I send them $50 to get varium I have a general idea who it is going to support. Lastly, in a weird way, buying new stuff is a huge part of the game IMO. I like buying a new item that boosts me or changes my build in some way. It is a part of the game and a part of the fun.
It sounds to me like free players want something that doesn’t exist. There are few, if any, things created by humans that money does not make a difference in what you are able to accomplish. Why would a game designed by a company whose purpose is to make a profit differ?

PS. If there were credit items that were equal to varium items or promo items I would still support ED with $ but not nearly as much as I do now. Free players, keep in mind that the game is still fun for you even if you get whooped alot by the elite 32 variums. If it wasnt you would leave. That being said, if the money stopped flowing into ED, ED would not be able to keep the game going for you. In a round about way varium purchases help everyone, including the free player.

@Vick

That was very awesome! Your analogy with the cable T.V. to ED was fantastic. I'll give you an A+. hehe

Very very true. All you guys--no, everyone--has to remember that this is something Titan and Nightwraith do for a living. And because of this, they NEED money. As Vick said--in a nutshell--if you pay for weapons, you will get the most benefits. Just like if you pay extra on your T.V. bills for more channels.

I would venture to say--and I'm taking a shot in the dark--that ED is based on what you EARN & HOW HARD YOU WILL WORK FOR IT. (I put it in bold just to make sure everyone sees that statement).

This is a business. Titan and Nightwraith provide meaningful, effective, awesome, epic, (enough with the adjectives) weapons and armor in return for our money.

The business cycle: Firms supply us with goods and service for a return of our goods and services (which, with direct application, OUR MONEY).

Ok, so the question is:

Does this make ED unfair?

My answer:

NO. ED and AE work together to provide everyone with an equal chance to excel beyond the average use of the game (aka going from non-varium to varium). You can pay, or like i said in my other post, you can do free offers...both ways give you varium

THE REAL QUESTION IS:

HOW BADLY DO YOU WANT TO WIN? (Because this is a business first, and game second, giving your services [money] back will give you the most benefits.)

Now time for me to get more T.V. channels, why you ask? I want the benefits for having more things to watch, and I'm am willing to give my time & services to achieve this.

And did I mention that there are FREE Offers for FREE varium?

< Message edited by Larcell -- 2/10/2011 9:53:35 >
Epic  Post #: 91
2/10/2011 9:58:28   
Deadly PoisoN
Banned!

@Vick vega, i can't do anything but agree with that 100%.I just hate it when i'm up against a player my same lvl,that player has excellent stats and a smart build,but gets swatted like a flie.The first few times were funny,but after that the dilemma in game became even more apparent.
AQ Epic  Post #: 92
2/10/2011 10:47:30   
InTheSky

Well half of these arguments were a huge waste of time. People keep saying Player that pays > Player that doesn't pay, They'll always lose no matter what. The only thing right about the thread is the variety of the free players. It should be higher.
Post #: 93
2/10/2011 11:04:40   
Shadow Serpent

quote:

Yes Non Varium ppl should be mercs in my opinion

Dude... I wont say anything about that because of the saying "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all".

On topic: Yea, non variums just get a few measly good weps, at a good price, while variums get epic items almost every week. Good thing the overlord guard's armors are non varium. At least they're decent compared to varium armors.
Post #: 94
2/10/2011 11:08:56   
Ghostclaw

@person on page one about aqw gap

Please bear in mind bar the enhancements (slightly) and a couple of classes all of the equipment is purely choice. It is what you want to look good in. here you cant do that. i got whooped by 5 varium players all in 2 turns. nobody can compete with them.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 95
2/10/2011 12:54:11   
PhoenixGladiator

I was just thinking. It would be really cool if they implemented a way in which we could receive varium for free a little more regularly in-game. Varium should have a chance to drop after winning a battle. It could be broken down as such:

1 varium - 20% chance
5 varium - 10% chance
10 varium - 5% chance
25 varium - 1% chance
100 varium - .01% chance

That's just some numbers off the top of my head. I don't think any varium players would argue with getting more varium on top of their purchases. Developers would just have to make sure that the varium doesn't drop too often or else the paying players will get frustrated. I think the key to these online games is allowing hardcore free players to have the opportunity to come close to the paying players (with the big difference lying between casual free and casual paying players). Maybe 5000 wins averages 1000 varium. That would be tough enough for the vast majority of players but appease the group of non-variums who are angry.

On top of this there could be Varium Boosters. 25k Credits and all of your drop chances are doubled.

Seems like a good idea to me. What do you guys think?

*Edit: But then there's the problem with win rations between the 2 groups. Non-Variums will have to be okay with the fact that variums will be getting MORE varium because they will still be winning more.

OR you could make it a boost in itself. 10k credits and Varium drops are turned on for 2 hours. Maybe average 100 varium for 2 hours.

The idea still needs some work so help me out here.

< Message edited by PhoenixGladiator -- 2/10/2011 13:07:03 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 96
2/10/2011 13:11:36   
Raven God

Off-topic:
@PhoenixGladiator If you ever see this reply, please accept my sincere apologies for being so harsh towards you. You seem quite a good-hearted person after all you said some posts ago.

But, please, give me a break for once: most people that explain their ideas like you did, they do it with ill-intent to maim others' dignity, & by being opressive and dictator-minded.
Once again, please accept my apologies for being so extremist & quick to wrongly misjudge you; I'm not the kind of person that usually does that, so that you know.

EDIT: Also, to your post above, I think that would be great. But Varium players could still complain, because it would be FREE VARIUM after all. However, someone said free Varium could be a drop from Ballyhoo (whenever it is implemented in game), which I TOTALLY AGREE.

On-Topic:
@FearRipper I could not have said it better than you just did. Good to see another one "fighting" for what is right!

@Vick Vega and Larcell I did not, nor did anyone in their perfect consciousness, say that it should be like "Varium = Non-Varium". Paying players do it for a reason: more power, and I respect that.

I do think however, the gap should not widen so drastically when it comes to stat diference. But the major point still is, and always be, the LACK of variety, and that's what I point as a big flaw in this game.

It almost seems like they are doing it on purpose, so that the still persistant and resilient F2P'ers lose their interest, and quit the game for good. It would not hurt them to give us some variety sometimes, would it? (And I do not mean Rares; Bear in mind, some people have busy lifes & cannot play whenever they want.)

< Message edited by Raven God -- 2/10/2011 13:22:48 >
AQ DF  Post #: 97
2/10/2011 16:03:11   
Vick Vega

quote:

Lets see what a MMO is first, I think that a MMO is a game where you can interact with players and work together to complete the game's objectives. And as you play longer you work your way through the levels by earning and working in the game.

Did you notice the bolded words? We earn our levels and money.

Very melodramatic IMO. So because I pay for varium you earned your wins and I didn’t. Nice.
If I wanted to play a game where we all had basically equal stats and pretty outfits I would play AQW. But I don’t I play ED where it’s about winning and having an edge over the other guy. Maybe we should all only have basic weapons and no armor instead. Rock, paper, scissors anyone?

Signature removed. Please use your signature only once per page. ~SMGS

< Message edited by SMGS -- 2/14/2011 4:35:56 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 98
2/10/2011 16:20:19   
One Winged Angel1357

ED is F2P i mean there are enough F2Ps out there that people like me and luna can go around and win and keep a nice record if you think it should be Pay to win then pay if not and you think the game is rigged toward the Varium users then quit and if you will tough it out tough it out waiting for the next update where F2P's might get some new gear :P (Every update has swords staffs and claws sometimes clubs for Variums but F2P is lucky to get a gun and sword every other update)

Thast why its called a payment option not a payment plan so you dont have to pay
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 99
2/10/2011 18:14:37   
ambien

plz dnt cry anymore any 1 can earn free varium l did

always the SyFy
Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Epicduel,free to play or pay to win?
Page 4 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition