Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Balance 2v2 Battles Already!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Balance 2v2 Battles Already!
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/31/2011 17:13:44   
One Winged Angel1357

Ok 2v2 sured to be a land of skill if you won 2v2 daily champ it ment something now 2v2 is full of Clone builds and crappy luck yes something needs to be done about the crappy luck(clones builds well Stupid is as Stupid does)
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 26
1/31/2011 18:26:17   
Callisto

I agree with everything said here.I just lost 5 battles in a row cause i got lvl 26-27 partner against lvls 30+.It's simply not fair,as soon as you enter 2 vs 2 battle you can see who will win.
Mercs abuse supp even more now with heartbreaker weapons,80% of those I met had 100+ supp.First turn aux,second turn multi-80 hp gone already(if you're lucky enough not to get critted).Now imagine yourself with low lvl partner against that.
Everybody sees it's not fair and something should be done.Lower lvl gap to 3 and somehow nerf merc's multi cause it's way Op.Also I think there should be a requirement for 2 vs 2 above lvl 25-you need to have aux and gun to enter.Ever got a lvl 29 partner with only lvl 1 primary weapon and nothing else at all?Well I did.If somebody is so bad not to get gun and aux at lvl that high then the person can only help you lose faster cause it sure didn't help me in a good way at all.

< Message edited by Callisto -- 1/31/2011 18:28:48 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 27
1/31/2011 18:30:33   
edwardvulture

Tbh thats what happens when a level 32 nonvarium goes up against a level 32 varium player, unless they are super pro.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 28
2/1/2011 2:46:20   
TurkishIncubus

Yesterday i get 2vs2 champ and i will never play 2vs2 again because

1)You cant chose your partner , against 2 - Varium person , me and a starter wep partner , its a total lose for me and time loss.
2)Your win or Loss depens on Your noob partners move , when you say heal me some of them dont heal you and you can lose game.
3)Admins want us to be team in 15 seconds , team is using 2 characters build with a combination in 15 seconds , you have to understand your partners strategy and combine with yours.
4)i have to look 3 ppls builds than decide what to do if i go first there is no time to do that.

And Mages - Mercs fine at 2vs2 but BHs need a buff for 2vs2 in my opinion

The Way Making 2vs2 more good
1)we should be able to chose our partner.
2)Bhs Need Buff for 2vs2

Epic  Post #: 29
2/1/2011 2:55:50   
BlueKatz

BH don't need buff in 2vs, just Mer need to be nerfed
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 30
2/1/2011 3:17:10   
Lectrix

@TurkishIncubus: Congrats! Way to show everyone what we Tech Mages are made of!

On-Topic: I honestly believe that the only way to beat a pair of Varium Support Mercs in 2v2 is to either be a Varium Support Merc, or to have incredible luck. By "incredible luck", I mean that you need to Crit on almost every attack, one of the Support Mercs needs to flee, or the Mercs need to block on almost every attack. Or, you need to have loads of Varium, and a VERY good strategy, as TurkishIncubus has demonstrated.

That is NOT Balance, or "a state of equilibrium"! Why do Mercs get to destroy the other Classes with easy Builds in 2v2?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
2/1/2011 15:27:04   
Hun Kingq

Bounties or Mercs don't need to get buffed in anything because they are strong enough as it is and with new weapons having massive enhancements those two classes just got stronger both in offensive and defensive. If you do a build do a build to cover both 2vs2 and 1vs1. Myself I had enough of 2vs2 constantly getting lower level players that attacks the person I don't malfunction or attacks the other opponent when the one I am working on just needs to be hit one more time before I destroy them or they have two energy weapons they don't use taking a chance their strike will be blocked not once but twice. Last, night it took me an hour just to win one 2vs2 so my advice to all who is frustrated just don't bother with 2vs2 battles let the mercs have it and maybe the programmers will do something about it and the overpowered mercs and bounties.
Epic  Post #: 32
2/1/2011 20:18:37   
Gree

Thats why 2v2 is considered battle of the weakest partner. Considering that BH and Merc have passive defense skills to help them through the fight, that leaves mages in bad shape, esp caster mages who have a tendency to spike either dex or tech but not both. That mostly applies to non varium mages.
Post #: 33
2/1/2011 21:27:45   
Luna_moonraider

lolz 1 support merc can be kill so easily but 2 that is a diffrent story totally. a non var support merc can win with 75% percentage or maybe more. i dun mind fighting against 2 varium people but the lvl diffrence and partners which dun understand enlish(got some of them) and partners which dun know how to follow simple instructions usually make me lose. actually support merc either have low resis or low str or both. 3 focus support mercs with gamma bots are the hardest to kill while non var support mercs are the easiest to kill(there are afew diffrent types i would say the voltzooka version are the easiest to kill). 5 focus merc can easily thrash 2 support mercs with his gamma bot. i m a support merc because there is no robot which i can buy because all robots are varium or u need to waste time doing arcade which is a scam and waste of tokend u rarely get a big prize. support mercs are fast killers but they have weaknesses while 5 focus mercs or any other class have not much weakness. they meet all requirments of wep and skill and they have high dmging aux and atk and to top it up a robot which can do massive dmg. non var mercs have no choice but abuse support cause they dun have a useable robot. said this lot and lots of times. most non var resort to abusing a stat in order to survive. trust me i tierd lots and lots of build. 3 focus,4 focus, bunker-arty build,mega str, tank u name it i tried it all in 2v2. but the best build there is for non var mercs is a support merc build. 2v2 is spoiled teh lvl diffrence the var players in 1 battle and the classes. NON VAR bh are teh weakest unless the use a support bh build.

AQW Epic  Post #: 34
2/1/2011 21:56:48   
Lectrix

Almost all 2v2 Mercs use Artillery Strike, one of the most devastating Skills in the entire game. I've been told (by Mercs) that Artillery Strike does not need to be Nerfed, since it's already been Nerfed twice... so why are almost all Mercs still using it? I rarely ever see a Bounty Hunter or a Tech Mage use their Multi Skills. Doesn't that tell you that there's still a problem with Artillery Strike?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
2/1/2011 22:52:39   
Hun Kingq

The robots improves with tech not support so they could have high support or strength and with enhancements have high enough tech for the robot to do the damage it does. I think that varium and non- varium has access to the same skill tree so abusing a stat because you are a non-varium player is no excuse. Anyone can get varium by filling out surveys or offers and that is how I got most of my varium so anyone could get a varium player if they really wanted too. With Plasma Rain the opponents get hit once but with artillary strike you get hit twice. If you take a look at the leader boards it is nothing but stat abusers either strength or support and to me when a player has to abuse a stat so badly to win they are unskilled fighters with no honor and don't deserve praise or get any kind of reward.
Epic  Post #: 36
2/2/2011 1:04:13   
Lord GaGa

I find it fun as hell blowing bhts and tms with artillery :)
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
2/2/2011 1:26:58   
Lectrix

@Above: That is precisely the attitude that is ruining 2v2.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
2/2/2011 8:15:50   
Chubbs

If two support mercs are double teaming you, because your 59 hp team-mate has already died, and they are only using strike, they get rage VERY quickly. And me, being a bounty hunter, 68 support, am about to get owned by their auxiliary rage. How about WAY less rage for them, and faster rage for me?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
2/2/2011 10:43:52   
RandomForumer
Banned

If they removed artilery strike The game would get worse Because Mercs FAIL Without artillery strike, It's better to remove bunker buster because it igores like 70% Of youre defense.
ED Could fix it so if it were to determine that There were 2 LV 32 Players Then they would kick the fellow low level 2v2ing and wait for a level 32. And if 3 of them are varium and the other one wasn't varium thy would Be kicked From the 2V2 Que and wait for a 2v2 VARIUM.
This way is not good , It'd take years to start up a fair 2V2, So BASICALLY Unless you wanna wait. I DONT THINK Epicduel Can Fix this.
Post #: 40
2/2/2011 11:01:23   
goldslayer1

@random
actualy i dont belive it ignores 20% of damage
atleast on non crit

on crits it will ignore 20% damage from what i seen.
AQW Epic  Post #: 41
2/2/2011 11:10:23   
Cookielord12

kinda off topic: i was in a really unfair battle. i said wow this is really fair (sarcasm) and he abused me saying how i should stop complaining and how mages dont need a f****** buff
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 42
2/2/2011 11:13:16   
goldslayer1

@cookie
he's just a hater who doesn't realize that he's using the most OP build in the game for 2 vs 2 only because ED dont wanna balance the game, which is also 1 vs 1 not just 2 vs 2.

also remember mages do need a buff, he just says that because he knows that any non varium who is mage will probably loose. which is what he wants
AQW Epic  Post #: 43
2/2/2011 15:23:49   
He Who Lurks

Seriously, I don't mind the random battle match-ups, but when my partners happen to be "badly" equipped, or when they happen to run-away on purpose, that's when I slightly become infuriated. EpicDuel, I realize that your busy trying to balance to 2vs2, but it would be nice to see a small feature update that would allow to be partnered up with a friend . By the way, as the community, how do you feel about this? I would love a 2vs2 buddy leader-board and see a friend on the leader-board with me.
AQ Epic  Post #: 44
2/2/2011 19:20:53   
Lectrix

As goldslayer1 said, of course Mercs would say that Tech Mages are Overpowered. They KNOW that they have Overpowered Builds in 2v2, yet they're not willing to admit it. They continue to insist that they're weak, and that Bounty Hunters are destroying them, even after the recent Bounty Hunter Nerfs.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 45
2/2/2011 22:12:20   
Pyronix15

Can we not generalize all mercs in this?

I'm a merc, and I have not touched artillery strike or any form of a support build since I bought varuim. And I only play 2v2. Can I get some props over here? =P
AQ MQ  Post #: 46
2/3/2011 1:09:35   
Lectrix

@Above: I'm guessing you're a Strength Merc... also, I specified Support Mercs in my first Post...

Besides, it's not only the Support Mercs that are overpowered in 2v2. Strength Mercs rarely use Artillery Strike, yet they're incredibly powerful, both in 2v2 AND 1v1. The increasing number of Tech Mercs don't always use Artillery Strike, yet their Bunker Busters are devastating, whether they Crit or not. 5 Focus Mercs are basically Walking Tanks. With a bunch of Enhancements, they can also spam Support, Strength, or Technology, AND have a crippling Bot.

So yeah... did I forget any other Merc Builds?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 47
2/3/2011 6:27:03   
Pyronix15

^^Actually, I'm a 5 focus nub, but I use the stat boosts for 3 basic builds. I use bots for offense while my moves general are meant for defense.

A mid str. (about 65) using nerfs and buffs (level 5 intim/fc/fm/atom) to annoy the crap out of my opponents. About 60 support for all the stat changing moves.

And a tech build. About 80 tech with a maxed bunker and 66 energy.

Right now however, I'm using a new awesome build, level 4 bunker with maxed out blood shield and phys. armour, basic super tank.

I agree support is a bit out of whack, but according to you every single merc build is Op'ed. Yes, all that sounds powerful when you put it on paper, but you have to remember other classes can have the same biulds.

For instance, I use bunker because of shadow arts, how else am I supposed to damage 5 focus tank bounties? And it doesn't even do much without the crit, I'll be lucky if I can get 70 damage done with 2 shots. Bounties have insane passives to the point where they no longer need high defenses or even a heal, it's all rolled in with their build. By contrast, a merc has to have high defense or spend most of the game healing. The only way to maintain that high defense and be able to pull any damage at all is to abuse support and go for unblockables, abuse tech and go for 2 bunkers, or in my case nerf the bounty and keep my partner well buffed/healed so he can do it while I absorb the damage.

IMO, support is equally usable by all classes in different ways. A support mage as the best buffs/nerfs in the game, one aux with a level 7 malf and half you're hp is gone, not to mention the extreme 3 turns of invincibility they have with just a level 2 defense matrix/technician. Support bounties have the same defensive power with energy shield/that phys. move, plus they spam thier phys. shield with a rage multi for close to 80 damage total on 2 players with an average 25-30 resistance, which also makes for an excellent heal. Plus they can use the same nerf+aux trick mages use.

Not that you're wrong, but you have to remember that insane multi/bunker is the only thing carrying my class atm, without it it's incredibly difficult to win any game with shadow arts blocking any use of str.

I myself have abandoned both moves because I got tired of people having the same builds as me, and I'm basically locked into a 5 focus tank. Theres nothing left.
AQ MQ  Post #: 48
2/3/2011 8:52:00   
Crovile V2

The high support Mercs are a difficult ally in 2v2. The main reason is the same Zooka+Multi combo. You can easily get K.O.'ed in 3 hits. TBH, for me, the only chance I have against 2 Lv 32 Support Mercs is a Lv 32 brawler on my side, doesn't matter the class. They can be easilly tackled in 2v2 as well. So for me, a good ally is all I need. The only reason I moved to 2v2 is because I love to have 2 strong opponents instead of 1 & the only place where I ever lose is when am against 2 Lv 32 Sup Mercs & I have a lv 27-29 on my side.Even 30 mins back I defeated 2 Lv 32 Support Mercs with a Lv 27 on my side on 3 occasions. So you see, Mercs can be easily tackled in 2v2. All you need is a strong ally oof your level. That's all.
Post #: 49
2/5/2011 3:01:33   
Lectrix

@Crovile: Unfortunately, you aren't guaranteed to get a good partner in 2v2. From what I've seen, you're more likely to face a pair of Level 32 Mercs than to get a strong ally.

With today's Merc Builds (including Support, Strength, and 5 Focus Tech, AKA Walking Tank), Mercs are clearly overpowered in 2v2. Now they're beginning to take over in 1v1 Battles. Are they trying to turn EpicDuel into EpicMercDuel? Because EpicMercDuel sounds far from Epic.

I still see Mercs complain these days. Why? How can Mercs still complain about the other Classes, when they're clearly the most overpowered Class? Do they want us to be Nerfed into battle dummies, just so they can practice their insane Attacks on us? Do Mercs really value winning over fair play and skill?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Balance 2v2 Battles Already!
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition