Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Can we please have an optional varuim only server?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Can we please have an optional varuim only server?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/31/2011 5:43:08   
Pyronix15

I'm a wee bit tired of entering 2v2 with a level 30 free player nub with a max plasma/massacre/berserk (ie-FAIL) . I know ther are good free players out there, but I don't feel like paying 100 games to find one.

Once, I had a level 27 non varuim mage, who had a max defense matrix, and 11-15 defense. It was me and him against a non varuim support merc and a 3 focus str. bounty carrying azreils bane. He survived 1 turn to give me a defense buff. And you know what? I won that game despite 2 crits from the merc. No luck or support multi involved. I'm not asking for an amazing level 32 varuim player on me side, just a free player with some common sense to invest in some defensive moves a bit.

Which is why I think we should have an "optional" varuim only server.

1)2v2 is ALWAYS more fun with 4 varuim players. Everyones spreading the lol's and we can laugh at the crits/blocks for a change.

2)things are way more competitive. You can actually brag about winning 5 games in a row, because hey, they were varuim games.

3)No weirdo's insisting "we lost" and not even taking turn.

Let's just use in one area instead A Comprehensive Balance Discussion to discuss for balancing. Thanks. :) ~AVA

I don't play for numbers, or quick battles, or leader boards, or even bragging rights. I play for fun. And varuim games are way more fun than being the Juggernaut in a non varuim match.
So, what do you guys think?

< Message edited by AVA -- 2/6/2011 8:27:46 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 1
1/31/2011 5:49:49   
edwardvulture

I'd support a forced varium serverxD
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
1/31/2011 6:03:34   
Pyronix15

quote:

I'd support a forced varium server

In soviet Russia varuim buy YOU! XD

But srsly thuogh, if some varuims want to use free player servers to rack up numbers, they payed for it, they should be able too.

I want an optional on es for people who like a nice fun challenge.

< Message edited by Pyronix15 -- 1/31/2011 6:04:14 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 3
1/31/2011 6:48:41   
Rabies
Lightning Speed!

I really don't see how being varium makes you smarter in a 2v2 battle..
As for a varium server, I don't know how well it would work out, variums might still go to regular servers.

< Message edited by Rabies -- 1/31/2011 6:51:00 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
1/31/2011 6:59:25   
BlueKatz

In coding, it won't work. If you can get something like Mem in AQW you can, but this is Varium, if a low level noob buy all thing Varium and stuck there lol
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 5
1/31/2011 9:24:18   
Pyronix15

quote:

I really don't see how being varium makes you smarter in a 2v2 battle..

You have to admit fraction wise, you have a much better chance of having a competent varuim player that non, if only because people who pay for game actaully have a higher rate of paying attention to what thier doing versus someone who does'nt and really does'nt care about winning or losing as much. not to mention with varuim you have a higher margin of error in biulds simply becuase you have more stat points.

Once again, its not a FORCED varuim server, it just bars non varuims from going on. As a matter of fact, it does'nt even have to do that. I could give you a warning sign before you go on, like "WARNING-COMPETITIVE ZONE, BE PREPARED FOR HARDER BATTLES".

Code wise, if it does'nt work out with varuim only, it could just bar level 30's and below, or it could just have a message saying the equivilant of "this is for people lookign for harder battles".

Once again, varuim players are still free to go on regular servers if they want, this is purly optional.

AQ MQ  Post #: 6
1/31/2011 10:07:41   
Polandor

Nothing wrong with an optional server.
Post #: 7
1/31/2011 11:42:31   
Deadly PoisoN
Banned!

@Shadow serpent,don't know about you,but i win about 80% or so of my 1v1 matches and i'm non varium,this includes fights against varium players.

It's 2v2 where i struggle. There are many good players that don't use varium and can help a lvl32 varium player to victory.

But i know the real reason,atm mages are the weakest of all builds and that isn't the fault of non payers i'm afraid.I defeat lvl32 fully equipped varium mages on a regular basis because all they seem to know how to do is max malf and deadly aim.If that doesn't work,they seem all lost and collapse.

With that said,yes atm i myself cannot afford varium and when i can which should be soon,i'll look angels up and prove to him/her that varium just adds more stats to your character and doesn't=Skill.

Edited to reflect a post deletion. ~Everest

< Message edited by Everest -- 2/3/2011 12:40:20 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 8
1/31/2011 13:58:38   
Larcell

I made a suggestion similar to this before. I like your suggestion very much.

However you could get a lvl 27 full varium partner who maxes out massacre/berserker/plasma bolt...and with those stats, they could still hold you back. I've also had varium partners that had no aux and/or no gun. (I knew that they were varium because of their helmet choice) So, even with an optional server particularly focused for varium-play only, there are many loopholes in it. Like I heard someone else mention, the choosing of your partner is 100% luck.
Epic  Post #: 9
1/31/2011 14:17:47   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

What constitutes how much Varium would qualify a player to be on that server. I have seen many players with one item that is Varium.

If a membership system is in place, then a member only server could be possible. Right now, having a balanced build when entering 2v2 will be more accommodating for non Varium players instead of the basic straight forward formula builds that are used quite heavily.

The think the main issue with 2v2 is the level balance.

AQW Epic  Post #: 10
1/31/2011 15:00:30   
Pyronix15

Few things here

1)I don't care if I get a mage, bounty or merc as a partner. As long as you an speak enough English to understand when I want a heal/buff, know when to use a defensive buff, are smart enough to realize its best to malf the 5 focus BOT MERC or smoke the str. bounty/merc, you're ok in my book, varuim or no.

2)I know for a fact many non varuim players are actually better than varuim ones, of only because they have to work harder, but the odds of you encountering a varuim player who knows what he's doing is MUCH higher than a non varuim. Once again though, I have met many free players that simply deserved soem sort of badge due to their sheer brilliance in strategy.

3)Mages are fully capable of beating bounty builds in 2v2. 1 defense matrix, at least level 3 grants you enough time to take out the bounty and insure a much easier game.

quote:

However you could get a lvl 27 full varium partner who maxes out massacre/berserker/plasma bolt...and with those stats, they could still hold you back. I've also had varium partners that had no aux and/or no gun.

I could stand to lose 1/50 ro even 1/10 games like that. However, the current way things are I'm losing 1/5 games that way and its driving me crazy. I'm not big on win ratios, but losing 4 games in a row because my partner died before he had chance to even go is mind numbing. At least in the varuim/pro only server I'd lose a lot less due to mishaps. The main thing isn't that you have varuim, but you know when to play hard ball and when to play defense like a little girl. I'll take someone with just a primary if he has a smoke/emp biuld.

@JZaanu

I was thinking when you buy varuim you get a badge or something that allows access onto the server. Or for you guys who don't' dig the varuim thing, anyone with at least a 65 percent win ratio and over 2k kills could come on.

Edited to reflect post deletions. ~Everest

< Message edited by Everest -- 2/3/2011 12:42:08 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 11
1/31/2011 16:41:13   
9001WaysToLaugh

I love the idea of a badge that lets you on the server :P
Epic  Post #: 12
2/1/2011 3:02:55   
TurkishIncubus

I support , optional varium server but there is Weak ppl with varium in game too so it will not solve anything

Epic  Post #: 13
2/1/2011 9:53:57   
Fay Beeee

It would be nice to have a choice. BUT. not cut off totally because a lot of my friends are non-V.

If I have trouble with their english they also have trouble with mine. We talk in faces. eg. :) :( and my fav is $(*_*)$

lol

< Message edited by Fay Beeee -- 2/1/2011 9:54:44 >

Epic  Post #: 14
2/3/2011 12:44:04   
Everest
Moving Mountains

I've just had to delete more than a couple of posts. I don't want to see any more Varium/non-Varium flaming here, or anywhere else for that matter. Keep it civil, everyone.
Post #: 15
2/3/2011 12:47:39   
SCORPIOZZz

fast reply : we really dont need that cz it will make varium a total waist !!!!!
Epic  Post #: 16
2/3/2011 13:30:27   
Shadow Serpent

It's a great idea. Varium against varium, and non variums will have Epic to them selves. Non variums (mages) will finally have a chance in 1vs1 =D.
Post #: 17
2/3/2011 13:55:30   
TurkishIncubus

^

quote:

It's a great idea. Varium against varium, and non variums will have Epic to them selves. Non variums (mages) will finally have a chance in 1vs1 =D.

im not sure
Epic  Post #: 18
2/3/2011 13:58:54   
Crossor

!Support Varium server
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Can we please have an optional varuim only server?
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition