Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Epic + Duel = Varium ?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Epic + Duel = Varium ?
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/1/2011 3:37:24   
barneypwnsu

So most of you that will be reading this will probably have purchased varium, and who can blame you, the advantages are outstanding compared to those who don't get it. But, it raises the simple question: Do non-varium members stand a chance? Not only are the weapons less powerfull with less stats, but they have 20 (founders armor) less stats on top of that.. I think a simple way to fix this issue would be to add varium winnings in the arcade as another extra rare prize, just little exerts .. Like 1000. so they can actually buy a weapon. Or 500 so they need 2 to have a weapon but it'd be worth it.. Either this, or simply adding one weapon of each class equal or slightly under varium class, but since they can't enhance, they will still be UP compared to varium but they might still stand a slight chance.

So what do you think of the varium/non-varium difference? Should it be changed?
DF  Post #: 1
2/1/2011 3:52:22   
Kain Sariel

I think that would be a great idea! Great incentive for non variums to stick it out. Too many simply quit this would give them a fighting chance, plus it also let's them try out varium. They will most likely buy some in the future so its win\win for the players and development team!
Epic  Post #: 2
2/1/2011 3:52:23   
edwardvulture

Nonvariums CAN enhance weapons, but it is extremely expensive and the starting boosts of varium weapons is already too much. It is, currently way too hard for a nonvarium to win, unless they are some kind of stregth noob merc. I thinik they are given way too many stats and way too much damage. A varium player can hit 25-35 and still get rage in 3 turns. That's just not right. A nonvarium slowly chips away 7 life at a time while hitting a rage of less than 33. They also have about 35 more boosts in stats. Thats like 8 levels ahead in stat bonuses. They are given way too much.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
2/1/2011 4:04:44   
Deadly PoisoN
Banned!

This is basically a copy and paste of my thread with a different title.Well,in this case i won't complain,simply because the more threads we have on the biggest issue besides balance in this game,the better.

I can tell you straight up,that it's a no brainer when it comes to the question,do they stand a chance or don't they?They don't.It's not that i'm stupid or stubborn,but not all of us have dollars as a currency,this is easy to overlook.

Nightwraith stated that varium players gain a small advantage and that pvp battles are still mostly fair,where did he get that from?How in hell do i defeat someone like a 5 focus varium merc with seemingly unstoppable defense and attack power,they don't have to sacrifice anything and view free players as an easy win.

I can tell you now,free varium in the arcade will NEVER happen,nightwraith won't even add adequate weaponry to the shops for high lvl free players,what makes you think he'll consider any perks anytime soon?

Iv'e got 1 thing to say,you varium players enjoy your wins.It's not your fault of how the game is set up,so winning shouldn't go with guilt.The guilt should to nightwraith,for saying 1 thing but his actions in the developing of epicduel completely contradict that,then he wonders why people ask questions?

< Message edited by Deadly PoisoN -- 2/1/2011 4:15:28 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
2/1/2011 4:13:03   
TurkishIncubus

I Only Say Non Varium STR Merc = Stun + Berserker = 2 hit KO to a Varium Player

Epic  Post #: 5
2/1/2011 5:21:28   
Arcanis

That's not the point Turky,you can't single out one build from one class and if they get a lucky hit-yes face it,stun effect is luck based-say that all is alright.
Lately novariums and lower levels got squat.And poison is right,more threads-bigger chance that that problem will hit fertile ground.
Or they just might soon implement new skill for all nonvarium classes,called "YouAgainstVariumPlayer-CommitSuicideItsFaster". Off course,no warmup or mana cost. -.-
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
2/2/2011 19:39:55   
RandomForumer
Banned

NO Way, Then nobody would buy varium.
Post #: 7
2/2/2011 19:51:48   
He Who Lurks

It should be a one-time deal otherwise it would be slightly abused. I can see this idea working however .

IN Approves.
AQ Epic  Post #: 8
2/2/2011 19:53:14   
H4ll0w33n

NOT SUPPORTED
500???

everyone would play arcade from now on and this might not harm you non varium players but it would harm varium players who keep you guys able to play:

people win varium
staff loses money
staff makes buying varium more expensive
varium players stop buying varium, instead we play arcade
new weapon comes
people spend 1000 bought varium
epicduel cant afford servers
THE END

only way possible could be having a 0.001 chance of winning 10 varium so 3 wins wins you a hair cut :P.

non varium str merc dont stun and zerker win.
unless they have level 1 maul level 1 zerker minimum hp minimum en all in str with weapons with no requirements that can hit 32 then yeah thats possible to kill a varium mage level 32 not noob. they might also need a crit.....
Post #: 9
2/2/2011 20:54:10   
od

@ Turk
That is defenetly right. I've seen quite a few variums getting 2 hitted on utube against nonvar str mercs. Infact I myself have suffered quite a few times
Epic  Post #: 10
2/2/2011 21:33:43   
eragonshadeslayer67

varium is bought, an extremely "lucky" person or hacker can easily get the 1k var prize over and over again, this make buying varium POINTLESS

look at AQ! u have 10% of getting 0.1% amount of tokens for a decent high level weapon and the prices r just TOO high, if ED becomes like that and u can ONLY get var in the arcade.... I don't what to imagine

games like MQ/DF are fun becasue the weapons r very resonably priced

right now, if ur not a rare collector, a decent armor (2 at most) a physical/energy-sword+gun+zooka+ armor (9-10 pieces of equipment) would only cost you $50 and it should be efficient enough for someone

< Message edited by eragonshadeslayer67 -- 2/2/2011 21:34:16 >

{AQW} Click for full guide to the Tower of NEcromancy! Lvs 0-10!!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 11
2/3/2011 9:24:52   
Crovile V2

@ Angels Holocaust :

Your boast as a Varium player are really annoying indeed. I do understand that you have a lot of money & proud of your status but please keep them in your pocket & not in your mouth.

@ On-Topic :

It might be worth but this can very easily hamper the functioning of Varium. TBH, if I can get varium that way then why bother buying any. Instead I will arcade all the time. But lowering the varium amount might make tha work. Like 5 Varium at a drop rate of 10% say. That can make it work.
Post #: 12
2/3/2011 9:39:41   
Deadly PoisoN
Banned!

@Crovile,don't even know what to call myself.Just bought 2500 varium yesterday,so i'm sort a free/varium hybrid:)The cost in my country was 150bucks just for that.Anyway,varium should not be free,yes i get frustrated as a free player because at times it seemed unfair.

Edit: Personal attacks are not allowed on the forum. Watch it. ~Cinderella

Maybe the developers will actually listen to pleas if we don't flame them the whole time.If you hate epicduel and the developers,not to mention free players,then as i said,go play call of duty with your school friends.He probably is still in school Man this is fun.

I bought me varium,but i still stand by my word.What i said in that other thread is still how i feel and i think it's the truth.But nope,varium can never be free,maybe it can be won as a forum contest prize in the future?But i really don't see it happening any other way.

< Message edited by Cinderella -- 2/3/2011 12:56:29 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 13
2/3/2011 9:59:39   
Crovile V2

@ Deadly PoisoN :

I do understand how you feel. The 10k pack that I got costs me 4000 bucks in my country. That's like a person's one whole months salary. And I had to go through all troubles to save that amount. And to make things worse, the only payment method available in my country is a Credit Card. Which is why a lot of people in my country can't afford to get it. So I have to go through all hardships just to get it. And now if the same varium is just available in a throw-away arcade then how hopeless I, and a lot more people, like me will feel.
Post #: 14
2/3/2011 11:16:13   
LambO

Corvile, Deadly.
Just cause people don't agree you guys don't have to gang up on Her.* That's childish, everyone has there own opinion.

As for the Varium in the Arcade thing, I say NO.
There's AExtras for the "Free players" to earn varium, if they don't want to do that, that's there problem.

AExtras = Free Varium.
That's all they need. They need to work for there varium from AExtras like everyone who works to pay for Varium in Epic Duel.

LambO

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 15
2/3/2011 11:53:40   
Deadly PoisoN
Banned!

@LambO,don't be a fool please,plainly put.Who does angels think he/she is?Does it give him the right to insult or degrade other people that can't always pay?You need to choose carefully who you stick up for,and make sure that it actually makes sense.Some people live in india,weaker african countries etc.Referring to economies of course.

What if someone read that highly offensive post?How do you think that person would feel?Just cause you're well known in a game,doesn't give you any right to degrade or insult people as if they aren't worth anything.Angels has also made a remark earlier this week that most free players can't speak english.

Once again,angels is a highly ignorant person,choose correctly the next time you stick up for someone.Every person that plays epicduel was a free player at one time,think of that.Does that then mean that everyone that plays epicduel can't speak english well?See,this is the issue i have with people like him/her.

They should really have an IQ test before you're allowed to post on the AE forum,that way only the people that seek meaningful discussion and don't want to purposely hurt the feelings of other human beings will make their way here,ignorant people simply won't make the cut.

So seriously,keep quiet if you don't even know why you're defending someone.What he/she said is not an opinion,it's pure arrogance.Go look that word up,in case it's a bit hard for you to tell the difference between an opinion and someone purposely trying to degrade someone else.

< Message edited by Deadly PoisoN -- 2/3/2011 11:58:47 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 16
2/3/2011 12:23:13   
InTheSky

Angels Holocaust has a point. No matter what free players won't win against a player that pays. If it was made possible no one would pay. the least they can do is make it so non-variums can win against completely oblivious players with not even the slightest clue though. Which will never happen btw.
Post #: 17
2/3/2011 12:29:51   
Deadly PoisoN
Banned!

@Inthesky,dunno whether i should laugh in anger or cry in anger Look at my previous posts,varium SHOULD NOT EVER BE FREE.Hope that signifies my opinion for you.Even when i was a free player,which was still up until yesterday,my frustrations never caused me to view only 1 side of the argument.

Actually,free players that were lucky enough to get the alpha items,and enhance those,they can become beastly.Call me stupid,but i only realized this yesterday.They would have excellent stats and could compete with varium players.But if they were smart enough,they could buy a single varium package and start enhancing those items to take advantage of the insane 10 slots they receive for lvl25 items.

Btw,if any free player out there has the alpha items,pm me a screenshot.I haven't seen a single free player with them and it would be cool.
AQ Epic  Post #: 18
2/3/2011 12:35:50   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@Angels- you're walking on thin ice. Watch it.

@DeadlyPoisoN- you too. Watch it.

< Message edited by Cinderella -- 2/3/2011 12:48:54 >
Post #: 19
2/3/2011 12:36:18   
goldslayer1

u guys want to know how i felt when founder first came out? k here i go.
back when the game was in beta and varium was given to me free (100, and everything was alot cheaper)
i had good armors, good priaries and good guns aswell as aux for a lvl 25. (all non varium items)
founder armor comes out (at the time i had like 300 wins and like only 20 losses. in 1 vs 1.)
my 300-20 turned into 350-400 record because of founder armor. and at the time i could have bought the armor but i got in trouble at school and my dad wouldn't give me the money for it.
so whenever i would get into a game that wasn't against a founder armor i use to go like "sweet finaly a fair match"
when i had to fight a founder " a crap, i lost"
simply because they had way better defense than non varium while still keeping good offense
keep in mind this was way back in beta and not in 2010.

thats how i felt just over an armor.
imagine how these new player non varium feel when they see full varium geared players.
founder armor made a big difference back then which was what made me quit for about a month. came back bought beta items. and that kinda gave me a boost. but since founder got beta for free. i was still under them stat/gear wise.
so i quit for like 4 months and started doing 2 vs 2 as a techmage instead.
so i got mad. started buying more varium. thats when gamma first came out, and got halloween zookas. bought another purchase twice after frostbane came out because i had accidently sold frostbane fully enhanced with 10 slots. and had to buy all over again. after that azrael came out, bought that too.
so far the only non varium who stood a chance was either support mercs who get lucky on the crits. or str merc who get the stun.
or by any chance perhaps a BH that blocked almost all the time.
AQW Epic  Post #: 20
2/3/2011 12:46:00   
Raven God

As good as this may sound to us F2P'ers, sorry to say its kind of utopic, because there's no way the Titan and Nightwraith we know would bet the ED's income in a game of chance. And of course it wouldn't be fair and it would only lead to more and more complaints by Varium buyers.

@InTheSky Hope I'm not being offensive (because it's no way my intention) -- If you are standing up for your ideas, its fine. But if you are trying to defend Angels Holocaust, sorry to say that you obviously choose the wrong idol to worship.

@Angels Holocaust I found out, like many others have, that I had the wrong opinion about you. But its good you finally reveal you true disgusting, despiseful self to all the ED Forums community to see. From what I've seen coming out of your mouth, I DARE to defy your level of education and intelligence(well because its obviously LOW, with no rightful offense, tho). As a way to kindly tell you to buzz off, I'd say you should go to a kindergarten, because you and your 5 year-old attitude should rightfully be among those like you (5 year-old kidos, with absolutely no offense to them).

Sorry to anyone for who this may sound flaming, bear in mind it is not my intention to do so, but merely to shut up Angels Holocaust and his/her dictatorship ideas once and for all.

< Message edited by Raven God -- 2/3/2011 13:03:38 >
AQ DF  Post #: 21
2/3/2011 12:50:46   
InTheSky

quote:

@InTheSky Hope I'm not being offensive (because it's no way my intention) -- If you are standing up for your ideas, its fine. But if you are trying to defend Angels Holocaust, sorry to say that you obviously choose the wrong idol to worship.

Just because you don't like Angels Holocaust doesn't mean you should take your anger out on me. I'm not interested in any ones points unless it's a good one. (Which half the time it's not) So don't hurt me.

Also, If people were actually flaming we would probably be banned on our first post. People are sensitive.

< Message edited by InTheSky -- 2/3/2011 12:53:14 >
Post #: 22
2/3/2011 13:00:50   
Raven God

@InTheSky
quote:

Hope I'm not being offensive (because it's no way my intention) -- If you are standing up for your ideas, its fine

Obviously, the careful, kindly pharasing of my ideas was not well understood. I'm in NO WAY unleashing any kind of anger it on you, and I am truly sorry if it was understood as such. I was just refering to the fact that it is good for you to stand up for your own ideas, which I totally support. However, you should not take Angels Holocaust's way of thinking as a reference, sonely for the purpose of not finding yourself someday being as dispiseful as she/he is.
AQ DF  Post #: 23
2/3/2011 13:07:23   
InTheSky

I saw Angels Holocaust post as a point. The comment was just a bit negative. The truth hurts, what else can I say?
Post #: 24
2/3/2011 13:14:40   
LambO

Deadly. grow a pair. I really could careless what you have to say.
I agree with Angels, Free players are there to get stomped on. If they want to be the best pay like the rest.

Deadly. You're just digging that hole deeper. "What if someone read that highly offensive post?"
So what Angels is saying is bad, but you calling people fools, need an IQ test to be able to post of forums & making it out that people are stupid & don't know words so we have to look it up, is good?

Funny.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Epic + Duel = Varium ?
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition