Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Given

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Given
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/2/2011 1:54:17   
Angels Holocaust

Does anyone think that an enemies rage and booster count should be displayed? If so please comment and post your suggestions.

Let's just use in one area instead A Comprehensive Balance Discussion to discuss for balancing. Thanks. :) ~AVA

< Message edited by AVA -- 2/6/2011 8:22:50 >
Post #: 1
2/2/2011 1:55:47   
Lord GaGa

I dont think so because it ruins suport builds. It may be handy, but its kinda a back stabber idea. I think boosters should be displayed tho :)
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
2/2/2011 1:57:35   
Wind

Nope I don't think so because it gives the other player an attacking edge to strike the other opponent surprisingly. Rage is one of the ways people win easier if we're able to see other peoples rage the defender can stop it and turn the battle around.

I think rage shouldn't be displayed, i usually guess when my opponents going to rage.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 3
2/2/2011 2:00:55   
  Omni
Quantum Mod

Having played thousands of battles to me it's pretty easy to tell when your opponent is going to rage, but sometimes the prediction being off by just a turn changes the entire tide of the battle. Boosters once again being hidden keep them as a surprise. I guess they are really players only planed "Trick up their Sleeve" .I really don't think they are vital to see, but I'm not sure exactly how battles would change based on knowing your opponents rage meter or if they had boosters. An interesting concept definitely worth discussion.
Post #: 4
2/2/2011 2:08:21   
Lectrix

Yes, I think Rage Meters should be displayed. Support Builds NEED to be ruined; has anyone else noticed what Support Mercs have been getting away with in 2v2? Besides, as mentioned already, it is usually easy to tell when someone has Rage. Boosters are meant to be a "trick up your sleeve". They wouldn't be half as effective if our Opponents knew about them.

Another thing that I think should be displayed is the remaining number of Turns that a Buff or Debuff will remain. Those can often be hard to keep track of.

< Message edited by Lectrix -- 2/2/2011 2:16:03 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
2/2/2011 2:36:37   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

Same here Omni. I can gauge my opponents rage bar pretty accurately. We shouldn't remove all the skill in this game. If you've used a build long enough you get a pretty good sense of when your opponent will rage, you don't need an on-screen meter to tell you that. Part of the strategy of this game is that you have to prepare for what might happen next turn, which may or may not be a rage. Uncertainty adds an element of risk to each duel which I think is a good thing.

The same can be said for boosters. If you knew your opponent was carrying an energy booster, you wouldn't bother EMPing. If you know what boosters they are carrying, there's no risk involved.

I agree on the buff / debuff durations though Lectrix. That would be a nice convenience feature. It's easy to forget when something was cast, especially in 2v2. Knowing how much is left can let you plan ahead.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
2/2/2011 2:55:34   
charwelly

No this would completely ruin support builds

Retired Again.
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
2/2/2011 3:05:39   
InTheSky

" Yes, I think Rage Meters should be displayed. Support Builds NEED to be ruined; has anyone else noticed what Support Mercs have been getting away with in 2v2? "

lol, dude you mention it in every thread, we get it, you hate mercs.

I don't believe it should be displayed. It would make the game even more basic.

If you've lost due to not knowing when the other person is going to rage, that means it's your fault. If it's your fault there shouldn't be a problem.

I do support the boosters though.

< Message edited by InTheSky -- 2/2/2011 3:07:43 >
Post #: 8
2/2/2011 3:08:57   
xxmirxx

omni i have did way more battle then you so i dont think you know what your talk about. anyways yes like see when agree with you angel like to see that
AQ Epic  Post #: 9
2/2/2011 3:18:44   
BloodRainbow

i think its a horrible idea to show the rage meter because mercs would abuse it.... cuz they are the only class that has a move that reduces the rage meter... and if im not mistaken Angels ur a merc arent u??? so i guess it makes sense why u would want this
Epic  Post #: 10
2/2/2011 3:35:59   
xxmirxx

above
you are merc what is bad idea for you if you gain from it
AQ Epic  Post #: 11
2/2/2011 6:19:58   
Matgon

Rage is the "surprise" factor in battle, sometimes we can predict it but sometimes we fail by a turn or so.

I've won many battles when my opponent assumes I won't rage yet and they just attack instead of healing and I wouldn't like to take that surprise factor out of battles.

Boosters on the other hand wouldn't damage anything.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 12
2/2/2011 6:33:55   
Pyronix15

I say yes to both counts.

yes, I can gauge a players rage meter most of the time, but its annoying when someone rages me on 2 turns completely out of the blue.

About "ruining" support builds.......lol? are you guys joking?

There are very few things a player can do about a rage, besides heal up/use surgical strike. It would help non support biulds ALLOT to be able to predict and anticipate rages.

There are plenty of "unpredictability" factors in battles already besides rages/boosters, like crits/deflections/blocks.

I'm daring enough to play Russian roulette with a bounties shadow arts as it is, I'm good on rage meters tyvm.
AQ MQ  Post #: 13
2/2/2011 6:35:06   
Illuminator

I tend to agree with Omni and Ashari.
Most players who have played a good amount of fights can generally guess (or know) when their opponent is going to rage. However, I don't see how being able to see how much rage they have would ruin support builds. It wouldn't diminish how much damage their rage would do, nor would it cause either side to rage earlier or later. However I could see how it could help mercs who use surgical strike with timing. But that type of merc usually is more of a tank build so it can be expected that they will have a full (or near full) rage bar by the time surgical strike's warmup is over.
With that said I don't think it's a good idea. Simply because knowing when your opponent is going to rage is part of the strategy of the game, if you're off about when they're going to rage by a turn that can completely ruin your strategy thus giving them the advantage. If you could see when they had rage that chance of the tides turning so quickly would be gone.

About boosters: This I'm rather indifferent on, I don't think it would really remove any strategy; similarly I don't think it could really add any either.

I wouldn't mind my opponent knowing what boosters I have, or when I have rage. The more they know the more challenging and fun the fight is. However I still think being able to see your opponent's amount of rage shouldn't happen.
AQ Epic  Post #: 14
2/2/2011 6:55:27   
Fay Beeee

^
^ I agree with above. Some of the players that do not guess/know when the rage is coming. If it is shown, it will take some of the fun from game.
Boosters? If you can buy it, you can use it. IMO.

Epic  Post #: 15
2/2/2011 8:03:19   
Snaipera

If you remove the rage reducing effect of Surgical strike , yep , I will be ok with seeing rage
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
2/2/2011 8:53:29   
Crovile V2

Eh ! Why does that have to matter ! It's not like a Merc will for your rage so that he will use his Surgical Strike when he's at 20-25 HP. The moment it's there he will use it no matter what. As for others if you have boosters you will use it obviously when it's needed. We use our tactics by watching our HP-Mana levels and judging by attack strengths, not by opponent's rage. ROFL ! Wanna judge the fate of a game as to if opponent is gonna Rage 6 rounds later when you can get killed in 5. *sigh* Your wish ! Doesn't make a difference to me ! But am still against the motion.
Post #: 17
2/2/2011 11:22:33   
Ogel

I like things as they are, seeing your enemy's rage would detract from the game.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
2/2/2011 11:37:03   
goldslayer1

so knowing the enemies rage meter would mess up ur strategy. but them knowing ur whole build doesn't?
i just dont see the point in even saying that showing rage meter would not change it, because yes it would.
the fact that ur enemy can see ur build and what type of attacks and defense u have is what helps them come up with a strategy.
so they might aswell remove our profiles so nobody can view the enemy defense or attack powers, aswell as skills.
this way it will require more skills to play the game.
so yeah dont say showing the rage meter wouldn't ruin it because showing ur whole build in fact, RUINS IT.
AQW Epic  Post #: 19
2/3/2011 15:40:00   
Giras Wolfe

I think rage is a factor that should remain unpredictable, to reward cautious players. Its a variable that needs to be expertly predicted and factored in to your strategy. Showing your enemies rage bar is an interesting idea, granted, but I think its an area that should require skill and experience. Interesting idea, however. I think boosters are fine. 95% of pros carry 2 health boosters you don't need to be told that. And if they want to suprise you with an energy booster, then more power to em.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
2/3/2011 18:34:38   
King FrostLich

I'm pretty sure the reason why angels made this topic is because she wants to win. Angels, its not about winning plus the reason why they keep rage and booster secret is because it would make us more curious about how to deal with your opponent not an "I want to win" battle.
Epic  Post #: 21
2/3/2011 19:11:08   
xxmirxx

above

angel has better point knowing when rage is coming for this I know fact you dont know rage coming for merc and for mages . frostlich ever post I see angel make you got say she whine alot or she just want to win. when fact you do same as yours angel is good idea.
AQ Epic  Post #: 22
2/3/2011 19:13:25   
goldslayer1

like i said before.
if showing the enemies rage meter will help u win. then how does showing ur enemies profile and build during battle not help?
people act like showing rage will make much of a difference to the point where u could win.
the fact that ur able to know what weapons would be most effective against a player by viewing their profile is what helps u win.
so please dont act like this will completely screw up ur fights

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 2/3/2011 19:16:13 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 23
2/3/2011 19:26:45   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

Unexpected rage is the best part of any strategy. Early rage will kill you as much as a critical can. What good is strategy if everything is known about your build? Rage is easy to guess but you may be off and that can kill. Plus, you have no guarantee that I won't try Raging my Double Strike or using a gun or aux. Same with boosters. You don't know if your EMP will do any good on me or whether I'll use a health booster to save myself til next heal.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
2/3/2011 19:34:31   
xxmirxx

it make easyer for non varium most don't know rage coming if use robot.
AQ Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Given
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition