Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Insanely High Support/Strength Merc Must Be Nerfed ASAP!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Insanely High Support/Strength Merc Must Be Nerfed ASAP!
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/2/2011 17:38:23   
drekon
Retired ED Guest Artist

What is going on with ED? Titan, Nightwraith, if you read this please consider rectifying the unfairness going on right now towards bounty hunters. We have been nerfed big time with the introduction of "skill requirements" for our passive skills. Our strength build is useless. Our support build is useless. Our dexterity build is useless. Only our tech build with +5 Focus have a decent chance to win. Meanwhile, the mercenary strength build go unchallenged. Their support build goes unchallenged. And we bounties are left to watch in awe as they demolish us in 2 rounds...unchallenged. THIS UNFAIRNESS ISSUE NEEDS YOUR URGENT ATTENTION!

Insanely High Support (Aux does 60+ critical damage against a defense of 33+)
http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/92/05/67150592/photos/Insane-Builds/support-build1.png

Insanely High Strength (We all know what happens with this. Stun then Berzerker )
http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/92/05/67150592/photos/Insane-Builds/strength-build1.png

P.S. Is it just me or is Shadow Arts less effective than before the skill requirement update? Even at max with decent dexterity, it hardly blocks anything.

Image Tags removed, they're NOT allowed in this forum, please refrain from using them. ~Rabby

Let's just continue in one thread, I think to use this one to discuss/balance it. ~AVA

< Message edited by AVA -- 2/4/2011 9:58:43 >
Epic  Post #: 1
2/2/2011 17:49:07   
edwardvulture

What about those 5 bonus tanks? The only thing that can kill them is Mage. If you get lucky. Anyways getting 2 turned is jus unjust.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
2/2/2011 17:49:22   
He Who Lurks

This has been going on for a while so this isn't really new to me. Than again, that much support just isn't right. They're working on it as of now I believe but it'll it take some time.
AQ Epic  Post #: 3
2/2/2011 17:55:18   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

Support req on Maul and a high one at that. Frostwrath is a major str abuser and it require 42 dex so no point there. Tech on a merc is just asking for a tank since Frostwrath needs dex and mercs have Hybrid. Support will either force players to sacrifice some str, energy and then make a new strategy(which probably will be a less effective one with lower energy), or health(which str builds need or else they're the ones getting 2 hitted).

Give me some time and I'll try and think of a fix for the support mercs.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
2/2/2011 18:00:12   
Angels Holocaust

Stop complaining Bh are balanced now get over it. It's time for the mage class to come into power now.
Post #: 5
2/2/2011 18:00:54   
bighobbo

I'm not surprised at all. They first nerfed Shadow Arts for BHs. Not enough, they then nerfed our strength build by putting crazy stat requirements on our most useful skills. And yet, Mercs like above are allowed to exist. Amazing, isn't it?

< Message edited by bighobbo -- 2/2/2011 18:02:03 >
Post #: 6
2/2/2011 18:49:08   
Snaipera

Beta weapons and those stupid bunny zookas led to this spamming of a single stat . PLEASE , ED team , DO NOT MAKE WEAPONS WITH NO REQUIREMENTS ANY MORE . The mercs ALWAYS go first , at least the High-strength ones . Once they stun me , I'm helpless and that's really not fair .
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
2/2/2011 19:20:11   
H4ll0w33n

Just providing a bit of math with what you said:

take 35-42 as the defense and in the picture the aux damage is 32-39+37

Usually you have 1 agility...

Defense average: 35+42/2=38.5+1=39.5=>40
Aux Average: 32+39/2=35.5+37=72.5=>73

Criticals ignore 65% of defence now i think sooo...

40x0.65=26 or 40/100=0.4x65=26 same thing

40-26=14

73-14=59

not much of a difference but its about 59 not 60+ unless you do the 2 extremes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Totally agree with you on the str.

and about your uselessness as BH? thats not entirely true. EMP builds can make a support merc useless and so is assimilate. str BH builds arent completely uselss support builds arent uselss and dex builds arent useless. dex builds atm probably is a good build because cupids bane is physical and so is AS. if you use Reflex boost you can easily reduce the aux damage and AS.

emps does around 35? and in the picture he has 43 so thats down to 8 and if he uses a energy boost he goes to 33 which then he can choose to multi or heal and most heal unless they can kill. just out last them.

for str, if you get first strike id say emp so they cant stun then zerker and possibly not even double strike. then use reflex boost and that should cover most of it with the SA hopfully giving some blocks. if you arent blocking with a max SA and reflex boost making your defense 45 then.... i say your having terrible luck xD.

nerf str not support because they arent as OPed.

and another perspective is to buff the other classes.
Post #: 8
2/2/2011 19:47:15   
Evric

this is bs i dont give a .....about bh we tech mages are extremely Uped and need a boost

< Message edited by Evric -- 2/2/2011 19:51:14 >
Post #: 9
2/2/2011 19:49:50   
The Cannible

@reyes 89

Please don't type in all caps, it hurts my head. Actually it hurts everyone's head, so nobody is going to read it.

@Angels

BH for sure have a reason to complain. They took the bulk of the stat requirement. Have you given up on balance? Do you not care? Do you just want to follow a power cycle?

< Message edited by The Cannible -- 2/2/2011 19:50:37 >
DF  Post #: 10
2/2/2011 19:51:40   
Lectrix

@reyes 89: Another Merc who's unwilling to give up his overpowered Build. If you can come up with a good Tech Mage Build that can destroy Mercs in 2v2, let me know ASAP. It's not our fault that Mercs have an almost infinite number of powerful Builds at their fingertips.

@H4ll0w33n: While Support Mercs might not be as overpowered as Strength Mercs, Support Mercs are stilll overpowered.

Actually, I'll have to disagree with you on that, H4ll0w33n. While Strength Mercs can be overpowered, a single Block could ruin the Battle for them. Also, keep in mind that Support Mercs can't be Nerfed, while Strength Mercs can be Nerfed with either Smoke Screen or Intimidate.

Auxiliary, Artillery Strike, Sidearm, Field Medic, Rage Auxiliary. Am I the only one who's getting sick of this Support Merc "strategy"?

Yet another reason why Support Mercs are more powerful than Strength Mercs (IMO): They can abuse Strength effectively, while still having tons of Support. Field Commander, if I'm not mistaken, improves with Support.

Let's take a moment to discuss 5 Focus Mercs. From what I've seen, most 5 Focus Mercs are Varium Mercs, since 5 Focus Builds require a Bot to be as effective as possible. With 5 Focus Builds, Mercs tend to have devastating Bots AND incredible Defense/Resistance. They're literally Walking Tanks (just look at their Armor, it's scary!).

Now... what about the increasing number of Tech Abusing Mercs? Powerful Surgical Strikes, and Bunker Busters that ignore 20% Defense AND have a +25% chance to Crit. Insane Resistance. Devasting Bots. Sounds like another overpowered Merc Build to me.

Conclusion: ALL Mercs need to be Nerfed... no, BRUTALLY Nerfed, ASAP. I've been saying it for months. For as long as I can remember, Mercs have been overpowered in 2v2. The little series of "mini-Nerfs" to Support a few months ago had almost no noticable effect. Mercs have risen once again, more powerful than ever before. Something must be done. NOW.

< Message edited by Lectrix -- 2/2/2011 19:53:45 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
2/2/2011 20:03:36   
H4ll0w33n

@lectrix

a single block is going to ruin their build as a str merc but the block is going to have a very low chance of happening

str merc have about 21-24 defense and a average focus merc has about 23-28 so the block chance is low and i dont see all BH with shadow arts nor do i see mages with 40 defense to get blocks. the chance is too low for blocks usually so str merc comes out on top of support, especially if they stun, your basically dead.

support merc arent that hard. just carry boosters and your good to go as a merc. DM makes support builds useless because their aux is mostly physical. 31+defense +30 average makes aux 17 damage and AS 20 damage, they can only aux 3 turns.

Merc already got nerfed with blood shield............... (nerfed because everyone buffed with new skill) and the AS 20% to 10%.

5 focus merc are incredibly abusive because they are just OPed with gamma bot. i for one dont use 5 focus because it ruins the fun(unless for npc because they are already no fun), instead i use 3 or 4 because it gives more possibilities.

brutally nerfed? no way buff the multis and mages spells :P its pretty balenced right now. brutally nerfed is like with the tech mages heal loopers where they needed no strategy to win.
Post #: 12
2/2/2011 20:05:48   
Xx. Christian .xX

@ lectrix

i did but i used my little brother acc with a +6 armor + 33 bazooka +31 gun +31 wep and with a lvl 5 heal lvl 8 malf lvl 8 reroute

lvl 7 deadly aim with a 90 hp 35 strenght 50 dex 42 tech 50 support 48 mana he killed 2 lvl 32 varium mercys on 2vs2 with a lvl 32 partner

a bh and my brother had all energy the bh had smokescreen not a max multi

@ the cannible

sorry my bad the caps are broken i just fixed it right now
Post #: 13
2/2/2011 21:23:50   
K.Raza

Our Bh's strength build is useless thanks to requirements for passive skills & our support builds too!Mercs are really O'ped.Even on my lvl 27 bh I get pwned by a lvl 22 merc becuz of his strength or support build wich makes young BH's have bad ratio & makes him not go to 1 vs 1 & Now I am doing npc.

AQW Epic  Post #: 14
2/2/2011 21:27:55   
eragonshadeslayer67

mercs are OPed, also @reyes 89: didn't read ur message but what's the point!!!!?????? u owned a bH as an OPed merc, I think u forgot the whol point of this thread

also mages should be more powerful because str BHs still win easily against mages

{AQW} Click for full guide to the Tower of NEcromancy! Lvs 0-10!!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 15
2/2/2011 21:38:45   
Nexus...

Right now the only build that is actually unfair in any way would be the super high support merc tanks. They are almost impossible to beat because they always go first, and there skills do a huge amount of damage. However as a mage I have no problem with strength mercs. Bountys have never had it easy with mercs, and mages gave never had it easy with bountys. The build that beats me the most is strength BH, and even then, they only win about 1/4 of the time if im having a good day.

Everyone here just needs to chill, spend a few credits finding a good build, and evolve. Thats what I have always done, and theres no reason any of you can't do it as well :)

EpicE4, Nexus..., Eternal Prophet, Magnet...

If you know one of those names, its me ^^

< Message edited by Nexus... -- 2/2/2011 21:40:17 >
Epic  Post #: 16
2/2/2011 21:57:51   
od

Maybe what you guys could try would be a 4 focus build with a TON of stat boosts on str. You never know, it might work
Epic  Post #: 17
2/2/2011 22:09:43   
Luna_moonraider

sigh bh still trash me emp kills support mercs(when i was using my original support merc for non var build now i m trying a few buidl out cause i found out abusing support is not the only way to win fast). emp+poison+ tech claws kill support merc like hell. 5 focus tech abuser mercs are way harder to tackle cause they tank and they own.tech abusing in terms of enhancements. not base stat.

support merc can easily be handled by taking thier energy no enegy no strong atk. well non vars cant be 5 focus tank robo merc cause they dun have a purchasable robo so most non var tend to abuse support because it is the only way the can survive. var mercs can just go to 5 focus build if support/str arenerfed wat cana a non var do sitdown, rot and die.(well they can always evolve but there be lots of complains here and there again) FOR all those people which say bh are weak they are wrong bh are strong try using a stupid build from the stupid build section. u will find is easy to use and it kicks butt. mages are way weaker than bh cause they cant minus much energy and thier minus energy is blockable. bh who complain pls stop and think before u complain.

@ halloween

u need skill to make a good heal loop build. and u must also know when to use your heal and boosters so that u can continue looping. unlike support mercs which just click simply 5 button and win.

< Message edited by Luna_moonraider -- 2/2/2011 22:16:37 >

AQW Epic  Post #: 18
2/3/2011 3:53:55   
TurkishIncubus

You are right , Mercs got 3 powerfull builds that should need nerf.
1)High STR (i saw 160 str )
2)High support ( they can hit incredible with aux+multi and they can heal more than 5 field medic with only 1 )
3)5 focus Bunker buster (bunkers %20 def ignore + %25 crit is just ridiculus)

And ED lose their best builds , Mages lose Healloop , Now BH s lose STR builds. These builds is the most enjoyable builds in game.One day all ppl will use only 5 focus and still there will not be balance and we will lose fun in ED.

Epic  Post #: 19
2/3/2011 5:27:09   
xxmirxx

my question here why don't you just emp them then will be easyer to win and make built that is able to beat them.
AQ Epic  Post #: 20
2/3/2011 6:17:00   
Deadly PoisoN
Banned!

@xxmir,let me answer your question for you.The recent support mercs iv'e run into,emp doesn't do squat to them since they aren't the poor free player mercs that become useless as soon as you take out their multi.I rarely see a sup merc carry mjolnirr if he's a varium player.Take out his artillery and what awaits you?Super defense and strong weapon+aux attacks.

They're simply too powerful,bounties are tactical,we have to skillfully make our opponent inferior to us whilst maintaining defense and working out when to take risks and when not to.

The merc build is brainless atm,sorry to say it,but it's the only way.A 10 year old can fc and then zerk,or bunker+artillery.When i ask my sister if she can manage my bounty,she says no.She is 11btw and guess what her build is?You get my point.It needs fixing.Nobody can stand against 2 support mercs in 2v2 if you're 2 bounties or 2 mages.Unless they're extremely stupid and can't play or just have bad builds.

Or unless a ridiculous amount of blocks take place for the bounties,with sa and deflections etc.It shouldn't be that way.In short,the easiest way for me to sum this up would be:

Mages sacrifice defense
Bounties the same,that's if they're focusing on str and dmg.
What do tank support mercs sacrifice?Uhm...I'll get back to you in 2 years if that's when they're nerfed.

Seriously,they mess up 2v2.But you know what i love?Is when i find a str merc in 1v1.They're hilariously weak if they don't have a buddy to watch their back,especially now that i finally bought varium.Easy prey,kinda like they do to us in 2v2.

But to my fellow tacticians,obviously referring to mages and bounties,you keep playing the smart build.At least we're having fun and not spamming a repetitive set of attacks over and over again like monkeys.
AQ Epic  Post #: 21
2/3/2011 9:16:43   
Hun Kingq

Look at the weapons, they choose weapons with low stat requiremnts. Its not only the players but look at the build the staff uses when you battle them, Wiseman and Dax. Yes, I will point out which ones and if I battle any other staff and they have abusive builds I will mention them too.
Epic  Post #: 22
2/3/2011 10:28:44   
IsaiahtheMage

@Drekon I am sorry but your build must suck horribly.Now you are complaing BH are UPed we been nerfed?BH are right beside Mercs especiallly STR BH.STR BH are useless?Dex BH are useless?SUP BH are useless?Your SA is useless?0_0 Obviously you DONT know how to play this game very well.I am sorry man but Mages are UPed they need to be buffed BH can use a minor buff to catch up to Mercs but Mages need a Major Buff!Yes it is unfair taht all classes got a nerf.
AQW Epic  Post #: 23
2/3/2011 12:46:24   
SCORPIOZZz

FAST REPLY : i made a build a str build then to find out its the best for handeling merces :) i have emp grenade (-34) ( 32 multi gone and -2 of the field medic so no more heal no more multi ) and were done they have v low str witch means their stricks and guns are woot what they have left is aux 3 turns :/ so defenitly owneedddd !!!
Epic  Post #: 24
2/3/2011 13:12:54   
InTheSky

quote:

bounties are tactical,we have to skillfully make our opponent inferior to us whilst maintaining defense and working out when to take risks and when not to.

What exactly takes strategy as a bounty hunter? Please enlighten me.

They all complained about Str build getting SLIGHTLY nerfed. They all use the same strategy "Smoke + Massacre" I don't see ANY strategy in that.

< Message edited by InTheSky -- 2/3/2011 13:14:30 >
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Insanely High Support/Strength Merc Must Be Nerfed ASAP!
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition