Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Insanely High Support/Strength Merc Must Be Nerfed ASAP!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Insanely High Support/Strength Merc Must Be Nerfed ASAP!
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/3/2011 14:06:28   
TurkishIncubus

@InTheSky
Liked the way you say :D , Most strategy require class is mages , we are weak we have to act different to different type of builds.

< Message edited by TurkishIncubus -- 2/3/2011 14:07:28 >

Epic  Post #: 26
2/3/2011 14:08:54   
Deadly PoisoN
Banned!

@Inthesky,gladly.Do you have evidence that all bounties use smoke+massacre?Hmm,you seem to go by assumption,which has never lead to any logical conclusion.You also do realize that the amount of people on the forum are nothing compared to in game people that never bother to post?

You read a few complaints,fair enough.I was one of them,we were overpowered and it was fun.But that's the thing,WERE overpowered.

Now let me list a few facts,not opinions or assumptions
1.Reflex boost can be very effective if you're able to gain a last bit of energy to smack your opponent with maybe a cheapshot?This could possibly result in a win where you should have lost.
2.Emp grenade can be used to upset a strategy or buy time.

I can list more,but i don't feel like going through the trouble.Now before i ask you a question of my own,bounties cannot just stand as a tank,yes we can block a lot,but the hits we do take are more damaging.Mercs don't even need to block,they stand as tanks and absorb minimal damage before throwing everything at you.

And might i add that smoke+massacre is much more tactical than going....Oh please bunker buster crit.At least smoke can be built upon by physical attacks if the bounty is somehow unable to use massacre.

Now please explain to me what is tactical about buster bunker/aux...artillery?Every single match i see them do that,it's all they do.
Now for the str mercs,they're even more comical.Stun maul+zerk,if both get blocked...Uhm what now?

Iv'e defeated a number of high str mercs lvl32 full varium with my free lvl30 bounty,when he was still free.How did i?Well,if someone enters a battle with 140str+,they automatically assume they win.But iv'e blocked both their combo's numerous times and after that they embarrassingly try to health pack their way to victory.But with all those points in str they often leave a gap open.

The one had 40tech and i made him suffer for it.
AQ Epic  Post #: 27
2/3/2011 14:17:12   
TurkishIncubus

^
quote:

Now please explain to me what is tactical about buster bunker/aux...artillery?Every single match i see them do that,it's all they do.
Now for the str mercs,they're even more comical.Stun maul+zerk,if both get blocked...Uhm what now?

:D , few mercs said me kill me fast when i oped DM XD

And Bhs most good strategy is Stun grenade , if it stun in correct moment like 40 hp , it will decrease your hp to 20 and stun so BH otomaticly win .When i was a BH i most like to use it.
Epic  Post #: 28
2/3/2011 14:27:37   
InTheSky

quote:

1.Reflex boost can be very effective if you're able to gain a last bit of energy to smack your opponent with maybe a cheapshot?This could possibly result in a win where you should have lost.
2.Emp grenade can be used to upset a strategy or buy time.

Your logic doesn't work here.

I could say "Bunker Buster can be used to upset a strategy forcing the other person to heal" If you're facing a tank merc or something.

quote:

bounties cannot just stand as a tank,yes we can block a lot,but the hits we do take are more damaging

Bounties have blood lust. One block can ruin a str build as you said "Oh please bunker buster crit" well..."Oh please block this hit using my OP SA"
Your logic doesn't work yet again.

quote:

Every single match i see them do that,it's all they do.

Every single Bounty I run into all I see them do is "Smoke + Massacre"

I'm going off of my in-game experience, Also. So you're basically being hypocritical.

Post #: 29
2/3/2011 14:47:05   
Deadly PoisoN
Banned!

@inthesky,see what you mean.The thing is,in a game such as this where balance is shattered,critical hits and deflections run rampant.Through all this,how is it then that mercs are dominating?They aren't better no,because that depends on the player.

Bunker buster ignores defense and improves with tech and has the 25%crit to boot.How ridiculous.Artillery rips through both players if someone has like 100sup or higher,which they all seem to abuse now.What can a bounty abuse that hurts both players at the same time?Their pathetically weak multi?It was only useful to me until lvl 25 or so.

Hybrid armor acts as a wall,unlike shadow arts which ads 10% luck at max.Luck based vs permanent?Then mercs have an added ridiculous
ability that allows them to switch to an energy armor at no cost,hilarious much?This can screw any player over in a tight situation.

They simply have too much going for them.

< Message edited by Deadly PoisoN -- 2/3/2011 14:48:54 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 30
2/3/2011 15:11:20   
InTheSky

Mercs don't have a thing like Malf or Smoke. Complaining about hybird? That's our only hope.

Also our energy is very precious. An EMP ruins a whole build. "EMP BARELY EVEN DOES ANYTHING"

5 Focus build + EMP. On a Merc usually any EMP over 27 will ALWAYS ruin their build, since boosters only go up to +25.

I agree bounties multi is complete utter garbage. Just do like anyone else. Always take out the weakest defense as fast as possible.

"depends on the player"

Since when did strategy exist in Epic Duel? Their are to many builds for each class that dramatically dominate any other build for the class. Which forces every one to do the same build.

< Message edited by InTheSky -- 2/3/2011 15:17:03 >
Post #: 31
2/3/2011 16:22:33   
Crossor

http://i52.tinypic.com/1ijwqg.jpg

Look at how overpowered Divaaaa is! OMG his support build was so crazy that at level 29 I was able to beat him. He is godly, beyond godly mercs need a super nerf. No learn to play if I can't beat one of the "OP" builds you posted at level 29 then something is seriously wrong with you.
Post #: 32
2/3/2011 16:27:46   
TurkishIncubus

^ He is %50 non varium man , its normal you defeat him. You got founder + betas.
Epic  Post #: 33
2/3/2011 16:31:31   
Crossor

^Varium etc.. doesn't matter when tlaking about balance.
Post #: 34
2/3/2011 16:33:42   
goldslayer1

if anything should be nerfed its block % on BH
im just tired of BH always blocking first 2-3 turns i have.
and we are all lucky that they took out deflection out of shadowarts if not mercs and techmage would be completely screwed.
AQW Epic  Post #: 35
2/3/2011 21:10:22   
VornWrath

I agree on Str mercs being nerfed. If they start first and stun, you pretty much lost. Support mercs aren't overpowered. We usually have low defenses, and that means we have to kill quick, or die. We also don't have any skill that lowers defenses. A single EMP grenade can ruin a support merc's build. Boosting doesn't help much, since that takes a turn and most EMP's are over 25. We also don't have any skill that lowers defenses. A merc multi isn't that much of a problem...Bunker Buster is much more annoying with its 25% chance to crit. That's something that should be nerfed. The real problem though, are 5 focus varium players with Gamma Bot.
Epic  Post #: 36
2/3/2011 21:36:29   
goldslayer1

the real problem is BH with max shadow arts blocking 3-6 times in a single match.
AQW Epic  Post #: 37
2/3/2011 23:29:08   
Nexus...

Crossor is absolutely correct. If you can't handle an STR merc or SUPPORT merc as a mage, than you need to rethink your build. If you can't win as a BH...well I am guessing that is pretty sad as well. Everyone really needs to stop complaining about everyone else's builds. Yes shadow arts can be annoying, but so can so many other skills. This game is PVP. You won't win every fight, and definitely won't if you have a build you took 5 mins to think up...However if you actually think logically about how to beat your opponent, I bet you will enjoy the game much more.

STOP COMPLAINING play the game, be smart, and you will win. Complaining about getting killed, will just get you killed some more.

EpicE4 ~ Nexus... ~ Eternal Prophet ~ Magnet...

Epic  Post #: 38
2/3/2011 23:42:03   
goldslayer1

@nexus
maybe a BH hasn't blocked u 6 times in a single game yet.
AQW Epic  Post #: 39
2/3/2011 23:50:30   
Nexus...

@above

Nope, its happened. You get mad, throw your computer at your wall...whatever. Its not worse than getting defected 6 times. And after you get blocked 2 times its common sense to try and not use ur primary again at least for a few turns...as I said...think logically. We all get unlucky, but just because you lose doesn't mean a class is OP...
Epic  Post #: 40
2/3/2011 23:52:18   
goldslayer1

right. dude i have't fought a single varium bounty hunter had shadow arts that didn't block 2-6 times in a fight
and atleast deflect once
AQW Epic  Post #: 41
2/4/2011 0:05:27   
Nexus...

@above

Maybe you should consider getting more dexterity? If it is happening on a more than regular basis I believe the problem is on your end not theres. 2-6 times per fight and a deflect? Shadow arts has nothing to do with deflect, and I don't know what class you are but I am sure you could find a way to not get blocked as much. Maybe try not to hit them when you are smoked? You can't just blame the Bounty's 1 of 2 passive skills for every block that has ever happened to you. Thats like saying every time you have died to a mage was because they had reroute and were able to heal where without the skill they wouldn't have been able to. Its a skill, and it serves its purpose. I'M NOT EVEN A BOUNTY and I'm saying this...go figure.
Epic  Post #: 42
2/4/2011 0:13:52   
goldslayer1

i had a tank merc at the time and no he did not smoke.
he only had 75 dex and max shadow arts
if u can block that much with 75 dex and max shadow arts then u know its OP
not to mention he also told me that he usualy blocks 3 times in a fight
i have tried BH i had 90 dex and max shadow arts while having a a smoke of 35
and blocked no where near 3 blocks in a single fight
AQW Epic  Post #: 43
2/4/2011 0:18:59   
Nexus...

You just proved my point...You tried the same things and didn't get this OP effect you are talking about. That means its inconsistant, and not across the whole class. Therefore it must be an instance of luck, and since it was only 1!!!! fight thats probably exactly what it was. So no, the class is not OP because 1 BH got lucky in 1 fight once. If that were the case all the classes are OP which means we cancel and we have balance yay!
Epic  Post #: 44
2/4/2011 0:25:40   
goldslayer1

dude its not just 1 BH its all BH with shadow arts.
u want me to tell u about a merc that blocked me 4 times deflect 3 times. and crit me 3 times?
yes he was tank and had low support
i fought him 10 times in a span of a day. and each match was the same
i lost 10 times to him because he blocked 3-5 times a match basicaly delfect my gun/aux rages. and would crit me atleast 2 times in a match
and i fought him 10 times in a single day.
im not saying mercs are OP im just saying blocking/deflecting is OP and if BH can increase theirs by 10% then its definetly OP
when i was BH i hardly blocked 2 times in a match.
it was mostly 1, but i was extremely lucky to block twice

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 2/4/2011 0:26:23 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 45
2/4/2011 0:30:01   
Nexus...

Your the unluckiest person I know if all that really happened to you more than once in one day. However I doubt it did, and if by chance it actually did occur than I have sympathy and compassion for you. However YOU cannot just say a class is OP because of 1 or 2 experiences. It doesn't work!
Epic  Post #: 46
2/4/2011 0:39:58   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

@goldslayer1: You're using extremely improbable events to judge a class. What you experienced was a very bad streak of luck, but on average that type of thing will not happen.
Besides, what does a Mercenary blocking and critting you have to do with Shadow Arts being overpowered? The skill just received a big support requirement, so now it is in line with the rest of the skills where it should be.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 47
2/4/2011 1:39:55   
Lectrix

Bunker Buster has a +25% Chance to Crit, and Ignores 20% Defense. Shadow Arts only has a +10% Chance to Block. Hardly any (good) Bounty Hunters will ever rely on Stuns, so what good is Shadow Art's +10% Chance to Stun? Shadow Arts doesn't even increase your chances of Deflecting anymore. It was never an overpowered Skill; now it's just one of those "ehhhh" Skills. I think Bounty Hunters would be better off with Venom Strike instead of Shadow Arts.

I have this theory...

I think Titan and Nightwraith are PURPOSELY ignoring overpowered Mercs in 2v2, for whatever reasons. I know it sounds crazy, but is it really possible for 2v2 Balance to be ignored for so long?

This might have something to do with the overwhelming number of Mercs (about 50%) in 2v2 Battles. I hate to use the word "bribe", but I think I have a good reason to do so. Or possibly "blackmail"...

Of course, it's nothing but a theory from a crazy 14 year old. But you never know...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
2/4/2011 3:39:24   
edwardvulture

@InTheSky Its because your not using it right. Have you heard of something known as a dex build?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 49
2/4/2011 5:25:49   
InTheSky

quote:

@InTheSky Its because your not using it right. Have you heard of something known as a dex build?

What are you even talking about?

Anyway. No one even complained about Bunker Buster before AS was nerfed.

They're obviously attempting to try and get Merc nerfed to oblivion.

When some Mages and Bounties support that Merc aren't OP. That means something is wrong with your build.

Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Insanely High Support/Strength Merc Must Be Nerfed ASAP!
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition