Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Insanely High Support/Strength Merc Must Be Nerfed ASAP!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Insanely High Support/Strength Merc Must Be Nerfed ASAP!
Page 3 of 3<123
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/4/2011 6:41:51   
Silver Sky Magician

^

It could be that after Artillery Strike was nerfed, more mercs used bunker buster and thus more people noticed the effects bunker buster had on them. As bunker buster seemed to do a great deal of damage and crit significantly often, more so than other skills, they concluded that it was an extremely strong skill, even an OP one.
Post #: 51
2/4/2011 7:08:22   
Larcell

I only have 3 solutions for nerfing support mercs.

1. Artillery Strike becomes energy damaging instead of physical damaging and does not ignore defenses.

2. Put Artillery Strike to a 42 strength requirement (max requirement) and remove the 42 dex requirement. . (I've noticed that those with high support have TERRIBLE strength: ranging from 25-35 as a base)

3. Change auxiliaries from increasing from support to technology. (Probably would introduce super-tanks o.o)

All those would could significantly nerf a support merc.

I only have 1 solutions for nerfing strength mercs:

1. Maul stat requirement goes to 40 support (max requirement.)

Epic  Post #: 52
2/4/2011 9:18:27   
Raven God

With the perspective of other classes being nerfed in response to possible (not stating it will surely happen, so I'm not pointing a finger at anyone) Merc complaints and vents, I suggest not to give Mercs a reson to do so; why not buff other classes' multies to Artillery Strike-standards instead?

That way, Mercs would not have a reason to show their discontent by any means, since they were not target of a nerf at all; if they still complain about other classes getting a buff while they didn't, I have a simple word for them all: "Balance".

And for obvious reasons, Larcell, which you already said, bringing down High Support builds by changing the Auxiliary weapon damage boosting stat from Support to Technology would bring to life impenetrable super tank builds with astonishing firepower. So, IMHO, not a viable solution, but still a good idea nonetheless, because Tech is debuffable by Malfunction, while Support can't be debuffed, and by having lower Support, such builds would be more susceptible to being Critical Striked or Deflected (unless such builds sacrifice Strength for Support).

I hope my opinion helps solving this issue

< Message edited by Raven God -- 2/4/2011 9:29:37 >
AQ DF  Post #: 53
2/4/2011 9:52:51   
IsaiahtheMage

Ugh must everyone complain about nerfing a class?Stop trying to make another class weaker and buff up your own!Nobody wants to be weakened imagine if you where a merc or a BH or a TM and everyone was trying to make you weaker.Would you like that?NO!Buff up your own class why make someone else weaker?What so they can complain more on the forums?Its a waste.
AQW Epic  Post #: 54
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Insanely High Support/Strength Merc Must Be Nerfed ASAP!
Page 3 of 3<123
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition