Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(DF) Fragment: Fallen Heroes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (DF) Fragment: Fallen Heroes
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/5/2011 2:25:57   

Fragment: Fallen Heroes

..So thy have come. Be ready to embark on a long journey, that will tell the tale of Three Heroes. A Legend, that has long fallen.
If you wish to comment or critique my writing you are welcome to do it Here.

< Message edited by BurningKatana -- 7/23/2011 2:10:58 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
2/5/2011 3:51:29   

Chapter 1, The Day of The Solstice

"The day has come. The day the prophecy will be revealed." The Guardian said as he stood in front of his three knights.

The door behind him was what the Three Knights focused on. The door had a Crystal symbol on it, odd? The castle also had a opening in the ceiling,
no one ever understood why it was there, maybe it was a... building error? The markings on the wall that led up to the door were brown, with black inscriptions on it
no one could tell. Nothing in here made it sense, as usual.

"Noctis" step forward so that you may receive your marking. Noctis stepped forward, toward the door and gulped. All of the inscriptions started to change from black and blue
constantly as he stood.

"What does all this mean?" Noctis said as he looked around at the inscriptions startled.

"It means that you are destined to protect Darkness. A Worthy titl-"

"No it isn't a Worthy title. I am the Prince of Light. Light..." Noctis turned his head away " You must be reading it wrong." Noctis said.

"No, the prophecy does not lie." The Guardian said solidly as Noctis walked back to his friends.

"Now you Fractra." The Guardian commanded and Fractra came right back to the spot Noctis once was.

The inscriptions glowed white and yellow as Fractra arrived.

"Yes, you are the Defender of Light." The Guardian said.

"No, now I know that you are wrong. I am meant to protect Darkness and Darkness only. Don't think-" Fractra was interrupted.

"Fractra, go... Now" The Guardian said annoyed.

Fallon was the only one left, and he was busy looking at the inscriptions at the stone. How they responded to both Fractra and Noctis, it seemed so...unreal.
He made a habit of dazing off during things like this.

"Fallon, come with me. The rest of you, out to the Training Field." The Guardian said. And Noctis and Fractra reluctantly obeyed.

The Guardian and Fallon walked to another part of the castle, the entrance to the basement, where no one had been allowed to go before. The other Guardians weren't allowed to enter, or rather they couldn't enter even if they tried. In the basement lay a barrier, and nothing could break through it. As Fallon and his Master finally arrived at the final floor
he saw a Door ornate with crystals. The Guardian opened the door and took off his helmet which revealed a Sword in stone.

"My Son, it is time that you accept our family's sword." The Guardian said bowing and closing his eyes.

Fallon stared at the sword. It was a silver sword with a black handle and yellow Guard. He slowly walked towards the stone, unsure and tried to lift it from the stone.
It came out even though it was heavier than any sword he had use before. He sheathed his sword, putting it in his sword case on his back, and then bowed to his Father.

"Can you believe this Noctis?" Fractra said outraged.

"No. There has to be some mistake." Noctis said.

"Here comes the new Hero now.." Fractra said as Fallon came from the Castle.

"Hey guys, are you ready to trai-" Fallon was interrupted.

"Battle Me." Fractra said.

"What? The Master said that is off limits." Fallon said.

"Battle Me." Fractra said holding up his blade. "Show me why I shouldn't reduce you to the Ash you are."

"Fractra...whats wrong?" Fallon said,

"If you won't attack, then I will!" Fractra said getting ready to attack.

Noctis put his hand on Fractra and shook his head. Fractra reluctantly put away his blade, and left the Training Field.
Fallon almost followed but Noctis stopped him in his tracks.

"What is wrong with him? I mean.. he is never like this." Fallon said.

"You, this whole prophecy is whats wrong." Noctis said closing his eyes. "His entire bloodline comes from Darkness, and now he is chosen to protect Light? What a joke..."

Fallon turned his head away, he had not come from any royal bloodline like Fractra or Noctis. He was just a Knight in hopes of being a Guardian one day.
He ran in the direction where Fractra went, maybe it wasn't too late. Maybe It wasn't too late to save his friend. He finally arrived at the Waterfall
where he saw Fractra, after all it was his favorite spot.

"What are you doing here?" Fractra said annoyed.

"Let me help you, this prophecy thing is no reason to be like this." Fallon said walking closer to Fractra.

"Easy for you to say. Now I'll never be able to save Lightning." Fractra said putting his blade on his back and walking pass Fallon the waterfall.

Lightning, the princess of the Dynami Clan of Energy. Said to be lost for months now...but what does that have to do with Fractra?

"Wait, We can save her together!" Fallon said putting his hand on Fractra's shoulder.

"No, stay out of this." Fractra said leaving the waterfall.

"Fractra..." Fallon said.

Fallon walked back to the fortress to see his Father, who was guarding and feeding the Dragons, part of his job as Head Guardian.

"Dad...Can you tell me about Lightning?" Fallon asked.

"Lightning? Don't you already know about that, its how energy scatters through Lore. It is also-"

"No, No, No. I mean the princess Lightning. The one Fractra is worried about." Fallon said interrupting his father, something he normally didn't do.

"Oh her... Lightning was the princess of Clan of Energy Dynami. And also Fractra's Sister. We know where she is, but the barrier surrounding her location
is just unbreakable, we've been trying to break it for months, not even our Strongest Mages can break it. She is in the Undead Kingdom..." He said.

"But... it is said that the Defender of Darkness can break the barrier. And of course Fractra comes from the Darkfire family so it was thought he would break it."

"...So now... what about Noctis! Noctis can break it and we can get in there!" Fallon said jumping up. "We can save her!" Fallon yelled.

"...Not exactly. Even though Noctis is the Defender of Darkness, he knows no Dark Magic. None at all..." Fallon's Father said.

"Then..." Fallon turned around. "I'll break it." Fallon said.

"Fallon, no you need more training for a mission like this. Its too dangerous." Fallon's father said.

"I don't care. I'm going... and you can't stop me." Fallon said running towards the Undead Kingdom.

It was hours before he reached the Undead Kingdom, and saw the barrier in fact the grassy ground that he was surrounded on was way different than in the Undead Kingdom.
It seemed like he was walking on water or something different, like he could sink at any moment. He finally saw the seal, on the Undead Kingdom's Gate and shot it with his
strongest darkness blast. It opened automatically and Fallon was able to travel the Dark Sea, he saw bones and skulls, tons of them in the sea.

The cold chill in the Kingdom iced his own bones, he could see his own breath. Finally he entered the Undead Castle, but it seemed to be empty, what could have destroyed all of the
Undead? Or... did they sink into the strange water that replaced their ground. The hallways seemed to look like a Guardian Tower except the Guardian Equipment were replaced
with Undead Armor and shields. Also Long Unlive the Shadowscythe were written on the walls. Fallon unsheathed his blade while slowly walking in the Guardian Tower.

Fallon stopped in his tracks. Maybe coming here was a bad idea. Maybe Lightning is already dead, there is no point in coming here. ...Maybe I should just go home.
A Screech from the top of the castle interrupted his thoughts and he was surrounded By Undead. The skulls got up and the bones reattached. Fallon was surrounded by more than
he could handle. A Undead Berserker challenged him in combat, Fallon tried his best to defend against it, but he was outmatched.

"Illumina!" He suddenly heard from Noctis and all of the Undead vanished.

"Noctis!" Fallon said relieved.

Noctis was beside Fractra, who stared at one of the gates marked with a skull. "She is in there, she has to be." Fractra said.

Fractra sliced the door open with his blade that revealed an Undead Champion far above any of them. Noctis stepped forward and began to charge one of his spells.
"Illumina!" He used his great spell but the Undead Champion was not harmed in the slightest and almost sliced Noctis in half.
Fractra raised his blade getting ready to attack but Fallon stopped him.

"Go Save Lightning! We will take it from here." Fallon said raising his blade.

Fallon jumped up and attacked the Champion's skull, knocking it back, but the eyes began to glow red. Fallon was attacked constantly by the Undead Champion's axe,
and dodged most of the attacks but the Axe ended up hitting the Walls, and the Castle showed signs of collapsing.

Fallon closed his eyes and they became red...as he jumped up once more and sliced the Undead Champion apart. But the Champion simply put together its bones again,
it was...unbeatable. "Noctis!" Fallon cried out as the Undead Champion started to strike him, Fallon ran to Noctis's side but was thrown to the wall with a simple blast.
The ceiling started shaking as if it could fall at any moment. Noctis stared at the Abomination's red eyes as it raised its axe.

"Illumina!" Noctis yelled but the spell didn't work on the Undead Champion.

The Undead Champion screeched and swung its Axe only for Fractra to defend against it with his own arm. Fractra surged at the Undead Champion and knocked it back.

"Is that what you guys were having trouble with?" Fractra said disappointed as unsheathed his blade.

Fallon tried to get up but couldn't, and let go of his sword. Noctis ran to his friend and tried to heal him while Fractra went right to the Undead Champion.

"Your first and last mistake was messing with my friends." Fractra said as he pointed his blade at the Undead, and charged toward it stabbing it right in the chest and quickly
making a blast to knock it toward the wall. The skull and some of the bones were all that was left, but even they soon started to reattach and reveal the true spirit
doing all of this. Its knees became a Darkness like flame, its Skull was like that as well, and the arms.

"Noctis, get Fallon and Lightning out of Here!" Fractra said getting ready to battle the Undead Champion.

"But you can't handle that alone!" Noctis said picking up his sword.

"You'd just slow me down at best. Leave." Fractra said as his eyes glowed purple.

"I..." Noctis wanted to say that somehow he could help, but he didn't put a dent in a thing.

< Message edited by BurningKatana -- 7/24/2011 1:26:46 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
2/18/2011 22:51:50   

Revising

< Message edited by 1412. -- 9/5/2012 21:18:43 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (DF) Fragment: Fallen Heroes
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition