Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: What's the story behind your name?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: What's the story behind your name?
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/7/2011 9:28:23   
Luna_moonraider

I am not so good in making up names so i just stole a name from a random game my brother was playing. btw i like the moon cause is nice and it lights up the dark sky at night. chose a char named luna in some game cause i liked the moon. She is a warrior of the night and luna means moon in spanish or something. so i chose the name and added in 13 behind cause 13 is my fave number. That is how my in game name was made yay.
AQW Epic  Post #: 26
2/7/2011 9:37:46   
IsaiahtheMage

My middle Name is Isaiah and I like Mages so I named myself IsaiahtheMage on here.
AQW Epic  Post #: 27
2/7/2011 10:26:38   
drodrae

I have a passion for making names. I made around 155+names when I was high school, but in college I'm currently stuck at a creative blockade. Here are some names I still remember, often based on using rarely used letters combined with smooth pronunciation to create that unnatural name. Feel free to copy. I'm bored.

Ixandre
Adrixe Zypher
Ravinus
Yerovin
Desecado
Neokronoma
Jergovisto
Wravej(Following the word "Ravage")
Trisdeka
Questilir
Zintiskree
Ravael
Sletelence

Those were the hopefully unique names I created. More common ones were:

EbonySky
ScarletGladius
AzureEyes
Dreadfade
TwistedTricks
BleedingDreams
DeconstructLightning
Teritus

Haha.

AQW Epic  Post #: 28
2/7/2011 10:57:41   
Larcell

There's a deacon at my church named Larcell.

Voila.

Epic  Post #: 29
2/7/2011 11:30:08   
Giras Wolfe

My first internet interactions were on pokemon forums as a 10 or 11 year old. At that point my favorite pokemon was giratina. I chose that as my forum name, and my friends there nicknamed me Gira. Since then I added Giras as a full title, and most of my internet names start with that. Giras Wolfe, Giras the Ebil, Giras Falcon, etc. The "ebil" part of my name in-game reflects a more silly take on evil. Wolfe is just because I like wolves and it sounds cool.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
2/7/2011 11:46:59   
SCORPIOZZz

@ LUNA : The game your brother was playing is called WARCRAFT ( or as we call it DOTA ) and when luna does her best spell the times goes night and the spell is a light from the sky xD

AS for me :) I stole my nickname from my cousin xD when i was about 8-9 years old i used to go with him and we used to play COUNTER STRICK in the internet caffe and he used to put a nickname : " THE RED SCORPION " so i stole that name from him and now im known from all ma friend as $CORPIOZ
Epic  Post #: 31
2/7/2011 11:47:54   
Sparticus

Spartacus was an inspirational character from history/movies but the name was taken in another game that I started playing many years before any of the AE games. I made the spelling change to avoid being confused with the other player. As it turned out he never really played that game and my character became the more well known version despite the spelling change. I kept the spelling throughout all the games I played ever since.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
2/7/2011 11:50:48   
xShadowHunterx

Kristeen (My actual ED name) came from Thrillville: Off The Rails I changed the spelling a bit though.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
2/7/2011 12:02:59   
Nebula

Seiun is the Japanese word for Nebula. I changed it from Ranger Nebula a while ago, both of these I use because the name Nebula was taken before I played EpicDuel.
To go into more depth about it. I use Nebula because when I was a kid ( About 7 or 8 ) I used to watch a show called Xiaolin Showdown on Cartoom Network, one of the characters used a weapon called "Blade of the Nebula" and I liked how it looked so I used that for a game called Travian I used to play and its stuck ever since.
Post #: 34
2/7/2011 12:26:38   
jegaggin

my ED user comes from the initials of my first, first middle, second middle, last name. J O M G. Good luck on guessing what those letters stand for.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
2/7/2011 12:40:27   
shinythingsftw

typed a random sequence of letters.it was late and i was too brain-dead to do
anything else....and i end up with "janglof"

Is there even a point?
AQW  Post #: 36
2/7/2011 17:22:06   
Gree

Before Gree, I was known as Greelock in Online games. A Greelock was an item used to create and enhance other items for crafting in Everquest. I tended to play support characters in group based MMO's, so I named my guy after an item that enhances other items. It eventually led to Gree which is just a shorter version, and I've been using it almost 8 years now.
Post #: 37
2/7/2011 18:02:33   
Killzlot

My first name was DJD3 because "DJL" is my intials but I have had bad history with my father so I used my stepdad's last Name "Dorlan" DJD and at the the time my little sister was three

December 21 or so I bought a 10k varium pack and I wanted to change my name my real name is Darius so I wanted something with a "D" then I thought of a axe so "Draxeon" came up but I thought the lettering was pretty strange so my final name was "Draxxon"

SMASH! KILL! DESTROY! All large essentails for your daily breakfast.
Post #: 38
2/7/2011 18:26:42   
Atomic garden

My original name "Baloth" was from the card game magic the gathering and the baloths were generally high powered rather feared cards and I liked the art so theres that one...

Atomic garden was one of my favorite songs by the band "bad religion" so thats that
Post #: 39
2/7/2011 18:32:23   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

My name came from AQW, after the infamous Mulligan Day. My first name sucked so I changed it(and I got an awesome Alpha Pirate to boot!). I wanted to make a reference to something and I happened to be listening to MC Hammer at the time. I advanced the letters one spot forward, used a synonym and got ND Mallet.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
2/7/2011 18:43:22   
The Cannible

One of my teachers name's was Tanner, but he couldn't talk very well, so when he said Tanner it sounded like "Danner", it became an inside joke with my friends, than we adopted a pet benie baby monkey, and we named him Captain Danner Izzakiah. There wasn't enough room for all my name to fit, so I just settle for "Captain Danner"
DF  Post #: 41
2/7/2011 19:03:25   
biz02

Jorxol.

Taken from The drow "Jorxlol"

You'll see why once you click here. See? Jorxlol mask. Had it sence it came out.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 42
2/7/2011 19:20:22   
PD

Mine's funny one...

My first name was venturer90 to match my Forum name before I had this name. After a stroke of Genius hit me, I decided that Pomeranians were of Super Ultra quaility, so I wanted to take the name SUP, which was short for Super Ultra Pomeranian. Unfortunately, someone in Alpha took the name first so I decided to just stick a Mr. in front of SUP, and that's how I got the name Mr. SUP.

I've loved my name SO much that I haven't changed it since then.
Post #: 43
2/7/2011 20:31:41   
x666satan666x

i ve always had 666shadow666(or just shadow when i could get it) even in ed. i made a mage the 1st or 2nd day of the merger, hated it, so i made a bh and wanted a name that people would instantly recognize yet would keep the people i (most likely) dont want to talk with away. ive always been an evil person and Satan just came natural.
Epic  Post #: 44
2/7/2011 20:46:02   
Dax
Remember The Name

I've watched a fair amount of Star Trek in my time - Dax is the name of a symbiont inside a couple characters. I like it because it's three letters. Three letter names are awesome. Also I like how it sounds.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 45
2/7/2011 20:55:13   
The Doctor

@Dax
Three letter names are indeed awesome.
Then again, my character name is Ood ... perhaps my judgment is a bit biased.

Ood came from my favourite British television series: Doctor Who
It's a type of telepathic alien.

Thank you,
~The Doctor
Epic  Post #: 46
2/7/2011 21:11:32   
Zean Zapple

Honestly, I have no idea where my name came from. I was sitting pondering many things, as I often do, and boom it just came to me. Also, it's a great name for nicknames I'm called ZZ, Double Z, Z Squared, Zx2, Zapssss, Zean, and occasionally apple, by people I'm not very familiar with.

~ZZ
Epic  Post #: 47
2/7/2011 21:47:43   
tigura

Tigura is the name I use for pretty much every video game I play.
DF Epic  Post #: 48
2/7/2011 23:40:53   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

@Dax: Heh, I always thought of Dax from Starship Troopers 2!

Anyways, my name came out from a few MMORPGs that I've played. It's based on my actual name with a bit of a fantasy feel added to it. I tried a few others but Ashari just stuck and I've been using it for a few years now.

I've really grown fond of it now and I'm glad it's (almost) never taken.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 49
2/8/2011 0:11:56   
Aere

Aere: I've always had a cool fascination with the pokemon Aerodactyl, because I loved the two parts of his name. Aero- Relating to air or wind, which is just badass. Dactyl- Fingers or toes. Dactyl is more weird then cool, so Aero, is shortened to Aer has been a focus point for my names.

I just add letters onto the end, in accordance to what's already taken,

I've used:

Aere
Aeros
Aevaer
Aedryn
AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: What's the story behind your name?
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition