Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

"Sorry, try again"

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> "Sorry, try again"
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/8/2011 22:31:38   
Larcell

Ok...this has gone far enough. Titan, please, please, please reduce the percentage of "Sorry, Try Again" from the arcade. It's TOO frequent. I agree that it should be there, but the probability of having it show is WAY TOO high. Today I worked my butt off to reach 316 battle tokens. I spent 1 full hour in the arcade and won like 90% of my battles (I'm not over-exaggerating). My tokens went from 316 to 98 and I only won 3 50s and 1 100 token prizes. I'm aiming for the bike but i could settle for a few tokens every once in a while. "Sorry, Try Again" appeared on my screen like 25+ times in a row (again, I'm not over-exaggerating). I got fed up and watched some T.V.

Everything was going well. I was doing lots of crits, I was fighting low-levels, I was winning against 32s more than normal, people disconnected thus giving me a free win, and in an hour i only win 4 measly prizes. That's a bunch of bull in my opinion. Please, please, please, lower the "Sorry, Try Again" by like 10%. It's just getting too redundant. Once again, I'm not asking for it's complete removal just a reduce in the chance that it shows up. 316 tokens to 98 tokens in 1 hour for only 4 small but " very common" prizes is a bunch of bull.

What do you guys think? Should we have a 10% decrease in that hell-bound phrase? Post below friends.

< Message edited by Larcell -- 2/8/2011 22:32:56 >
Epic  Post #: 1
2/8/2011 22:55:28   
Xxbbooxx

i agree ive usedabout the same amount of tokens as you, and have only goten two 50 credits prizes, nothing else.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 2
2/8/2011 23:48:09   
Shadow Jester

i wasted 2700 tokens on arcade and ONLY WON A HOUSE
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
2/9/2011 2:57:06   
Nebula

Very Common should have around a 70% chance
Common should have a 50% chance
Rare should have a 30% chance
Very Rare should have a 1% chance

IIRC, everything except very rare arcade drops have a 27.7% chance, I don't understand how the staff can even begin to think that is "very common" or "common" defenitly fits the "rare" category.
Post #: 4
2/9/2011 7:50:24   
biz02

I agree. I won 50 creds this morning in 4 battles before school (Which i should be getting to now) so im happy for now. But it is annoying.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
2/9/2011 8:58:16   
TurkishIncubus

Arcade is total Token loss , i only play arcade with my alt for 10k credit but only won 50 credit few times.
In My opinion there shouldnt be "sorry try again" if you wined , every battle we wined should give atleast 50 credits.5 tokens = 50 credits , it look fair and 10k + Bike is fine , Bike should be hard to win but maybe 10k can be more often.

Epic  Post #: 6
2/9/2011 10:04:57   
Drianx

I think the Hoverbike drop rate should be higher. After all it is a harmless bike, and not some balance-ruining weapon. Also its sellback price is really low, so there is no reason to consider it some valuable rare and keep an extremely low drop rate.

To make it simple: I spent 2500 tokens on arcade for the Hoverbike. This means 2500 1v1 battles. In 2500 1v1 battles (assuming 50% wins) you gain 50k credits, and with it you can buy almost 2 credits bikes. So it was really not worth for me spending that much, but I did it out of boredom.
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
2/9/2011 11:22:03   
Nebula

^2500 tokens does not mean 2500 battles, it means 500. 750 at max with tokens you win from winning a battle, assuming you win every one of those 500 battles.
Post #: 8
2/9/2011 11:23:50   
Khimera

@Nebula: I think he means it takes 2,500 battles to acquire those tokens.
Post #: 9
2/9/2011 11:27:11   
SCORPIOZZz

all i won is my assault bot in my 5th try witch was 5 streak and then i stopped xD
Epic  Post #: 10
2/9/2011 21:11:35   
Wraith

In math today, we learned that very likely(synonym for common) is about 80%. Likely is about 60%. Unlikely is about 35%. Very unlikely is 10-20 percent.

How does this very likely thing seem relevant to anyone? Looks to me like Very common should be unlikely, and rare at EXTREMELY unlikely(5% or lower)

Or they could do
(for wins)
40% Very Common
25% Common
5% Uncommon
3% Very Uncommon
1% VERY RARE(Assault Bot, Hoverbike, Home)
26% Try Again.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 11
2/10/2011 1:12:29   
Deadly PoisoN
Banned!

Iv'e never won anything noteworthy,strangely enough i won the 10k credits right after reading this thread,talk about weird.

EDIT!!!This is extremely weird,iv'e just won 10k credits again.So since yesterday and today iv'e won over 20000 credits from the arcade and only spent around 200 or so bt hehe!Talk about extreme luck.I sense i'll have enough for enhancements soon.Man this is awesome.

Now if only i can get that bike.

< Message edited by Deadly PoisoN -- 2/10/2011 5:38:14 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 12
2/10/2011 6:28:03   
King FrostLich

All I got are 2 10k prizes and the bike. I'm sure the robot is out there somewhere.
Epic  Post #: 13
2/10/2011 16:40:12   
Soliqe

I agree that the percentages are out of wack. However, I suggest that instead of completely lowering the "Sorry, Try Again" percentage, it should be a small decrease and the increase of useless credits like 50 and 100 get a boost in percentages. I believe poeple would be more happy with that small increase.
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
2/10/2011 16:45:10   
Polandor

90% of the times i get sorry try again.

this should be reduced to 0 or 10%.

a minimum prize of 5-25 credit would be better
Post #: 15
2/10/2011 16:47:14   
Soliqe

@above

1 Battle Token is equivalent to 32 Credits

So if there was indeed a minimum set it should be 32 credits.
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
2/10/2011 19:59:06   
PhoenixGladiator

quote:

I try to use builds no one has seen before as a testing phaze in the extremes (extreme str, dex, ect) then molding them to be even better and integrate focus and what-not. But, the bad thing about doing this is that a lot of people copy my builds and if I ever stumble upon something really good, people will use it xD

It's gambling not trading. There has to be some chance for loss. I'm cool with having a minimum prize but it can't be what your bet was worth. 10 credits is good I think.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
2/11/2011 7:35:16   
slayergold

i think instead of tokens they should charge credits and if you get sorry try again
they shouldnt be any loss also we are wining a price epicduel can afford the price
of awards

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
2/11/2011 15:23:11   
One Winged Angel1357

I did some math(when you are gonna complain next time open note pad or word so you can write down some concrete facts) i found that no prize had somewhere around 45%-65% and very common sat at around 25% which is not very common to me how about you guys

also i got a responce from titan awhile back from something(thread post or PM) that said if we increase teh arcade prize rate it will mess up the economy in ED. Which i guess means it will give the F2P's a shot a credits which shouldn't happen
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 19
2/11/2011 16:28:30   
speedy72

it is a CHANCE that something will happen, not a RATE. just because sonething has a 25 percent CHANCE doesn't mean that every 4 battles you will be guaranteed to get that prize. in fact even if it is a 99.9 percent chance, you can go for 5000 battles and never get it. when the junk crawler house came out, i started doing arcade battles and got it on the third battle. however, i have spent 575 tokens trying to get the hoverbike but was unsuccessful (i got one 50 pack only.) you cant count on percentages to tell you the rates. suck it up or quit arcade battling. simple as that.

*SMACK*
YOU---Hey why did you slap me?
ME-----I didn't slap you, I merely high-fived your face!
*BOOM*
YOU---Yes! A headsot!
ME-----That wasn"t a headshot, I merely deflected the bullet with my face!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 20
2/11/2011 18:54:33   
IsaiahtheMage

10000000000000% Agreed.I am sick of that to.

Edited out mild profanity. ~The Game

< Message edited by The Game -- 2/12/2011 8:27:15 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 21
2/13/2011 19:31:38   
mousedrag

I won a house and 500 credits in a day. It's worth a try. :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> "Sorry, try again"
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition