Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Technology is underpowered

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Technology is underpowered
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/10/2011 15:34:31   
Crossor

lets face it technology is the weakest stat, it is the only stat that doesn't effect 2 major game elements.

Strength-Primary Attack, Gun attack both major game elements

Dexerity-Defense, Blocking both major

Support- Deflection, Hit first, Block, Aux Damage

Technology-Resistance(major), Robot Damage(Barely and VERY minor)

The amount of damage technology gives a robot is very very low and most people don't even use robots other then assault bot to remove debuffs. Technology just seems like it needs a new element now that dex has blocking. Post any idea's you might have below all and any ideas are welcome.
Post #: 1
2/10/2011 16:07:03   
One Winged Angel1357

Dex has always had blocking.

Anyway ive been part of Ed for over a year and every stat except for Tech has been overpowered in Ed to my knowledge
Health: Well that was paired with Support for teh deadly HL build on mages
Energy:Alpha Supercharge with high energy well ive heard if you made it to the fourth round you lost
STR: STR builds have always had power but BH's just took that to a new level
Dex: PD's high Dex max SA hax build(incredibly high chance of block)
Support: Support mercs must i say more

Tech well um tech has one power and that is from lv 10-15 with high tech max Plasma bolt other than that your correct tech is very useless and im a TM actully a Caster mage so Tech is a large part of my build(well was until i switched over to sword builds to start winning)
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 2
2/10/2011 16:19:09   
TurkishIncubus

We cant say Tech is Uped but its the Most needless stat. If you dont use Robot for hitting the oponent , tech isnt a need for you.
But there is some mercs abuse tech and Make Tank build + Bunker buster , which is a good build in my opinion , adding a new element to tech can make them oped.

< Message edited by TurkishIncubus -- 2/10/2011 16:20:21 >

Epic  Post #: 3
2/10/2011 16:22:18   
Crossor

^ How do you figure that? Go head and try to use no tech without a robot, lets see how hard a energy weapon will hit you after that.
Post #: 4
2/10/2011 16:30:22   
Soliqe

*Reality Troll*

All of your assumptions are incorrect. Just because Technology doesn't have a special effect doesn't mean it's underpowered. Technology has the 2nd greatest effect in each skill tree.

-Bounty Hunters rely on it for smokescreen
-Mecenaries rely on it for Bunker Buster and their high defenses
-Tech Mages use it for Plasma Bolt and Plasma Rain. Both are actually powerful attacks if used correctly.

Resistance's major role is indeed it's given name... "Resistance" If you haven't noticed it is a crucial stat to have. Without it, Mercenaries would be unbeatable, Bounty Hunters would trample over everyone with Dexterity and Strength, and Tech Mages would be non-existent.

Energy has a great impact within battles and resistance is definitely a game changer. Just because you're blind to it's true abilities does not mean it's weak or useless.

~Lotus

< Message edited by xX Lotus Xx -- 2/10/2011 16:41:27 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
2/10/2011 16:40:23   
IsaiahtheMage

I agree with lotus everything you said is wrong.Everyone knows robots scale like mad with tech yet you say tech gives robots minor dmg and almost no one uses them when all lvl 32s with varium just about use them.Gamma Bots and Assault Bots.Everything else about tech is what I agree on with Lotus.
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
2/10/2011 17:38:31   
Crossor

I'm level 32, I have varium I rarly use a bot for damage only the debuff, ok and lets see Dex adds block as well+is a requirement for most skills accross all classes. Dex also provides the most mainly used defense that is actrually called... well what do you know "Defense" so go head and explain to me how Technology is just as good as Dex we can have a debate about it but if i'm defending the uses of dex and your defending the uses of Technology your going to lose.

Right now "block" is the most game changing advantage you can have, if you get "blocked" you might as well facepalm and if you don't get a block in return 9/10 times your going to lose. The only thing even on par with "block" is criticle strike but dealing extra damage is still not on par with taking no damage at all.

< Message edited by Crossor -- 2/10/2011 17:39:58 >
Post #: 7
2/10/2011 18:49:34   
PhoenixGladiator

I agree with you Crossor. Block is ridiculous at the moment. I can't even play as a strength merc because I get so frustrated when I get blocked.

As for tech being UP....I don't think so. My tech build already dominates. I would be invincible if it got any buffs...and there's no fun in that. I'm happy with my 90% win ratio. As for mages and bounties, bounties rely heavily on tech for Smoke AND Emp -- both of which are very powerful skills. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but mages have the least amount of use for technology. It only really helps with getting resistance high enough to get back around to heal loop. I think that problem is with Mages being UP though and not tech being UP.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
2/10/2011 21:48:36   
tigura

It has been mathematically proven (not by me, but by xendran) that technology IS the weakest stat. Of course, Lotus's post above shows that it still has its uses. Personally, tech is my least favourite stat, despite the fact that my build with the best win% Is a tech build.
DF Epic  Post #: 9
2/10/2011 22:09:41   
truc

Bump technician another turn, still does not last as much as bloodshield.
Epic  Post #: 10
2/10/2011 22:23:35   
goldslayer1

dude. tech is UP in some ways.
ill tell u this tho.
average tech is UP. MASSIVE tech is OP.
my merc with tech domintaes in 2 vs 2 as all the enemies including lvl 32 variums hit below 10s
in my record in fact the last 80+ fights in 2 vs 2 games are all wins
i have a 80+ win streak with a certain tech build
in 1 vs 1 however its a complete story (dam lucky critting BH)

EDIT:
massive tech is NOT OP with mages.
mage skills were badly nerfed. i remember when plasma rain was the best multi in 2 vs 2, until it was nerfed.
tech mages were basicaly left in the crapper with their own stat.
this is why i think they should add intellect. which basicaly raises caster skill damage.
example
lets say +15 damage increase, and plasma bolt is already 65 damage.
65 + 15 = 80 the plasma bolt would be equal to 80 damage.
80 damage - the enemy resistance and theres ur damage.

this can also work for surgical strike since its also a caster type move (because it requires alot of tech)
and BH dont have caster type moves, so basicaly putting an entire new stat Intellect would buff mages, leave BH as they are (currently OP)
and giving merc a boost (maul weps dont give intellect stats to make it fair since merc isn't meant to be a caster type)
however we still recieve intellect points from weps, aux, and armors.

this is just example and is a quick thought that just crossed my mind.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 2/10/2011 22:31:23 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
2/10/2011 23:22:47   
od

Although when xendran did his math on tec it was with assault bot: I think with gamma bot tech would be about on par with dex
Epic  Post #: 12
2/10/2011 23:52:33   
edwardvulture

Well Xendran's calculations did not include the skill tree. If he did, it would look very different right now. Each builds need a different amount of it, it just happens to be that tech is useless for strength mercs and support mages.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 13
2/11/2011 0:26:51   
PD

@edwardvulture: There's a VERY good reason he didn't include skills, though I don't feel like saying it here and now.

Let's just say it has something to due to skewed skill ratios messing calculations up, therefore incorrectly showing the value of each stat. Even if you did the math, tech has a low value in the end.

And also, just because Tech is the weakest stat in value does not mean it is useless nor does it require any changing. Weakest simply means the least powerful in a comparison. IT could be extremely strong, but everything might be a little stronger.

< Message edited by PD -- 2/11/2011 0:30:17 >
Post #: 14
2/11/2011 2:06:50   
The Cannible

People who say tech isn't UP are crazy. I still stick to what I say, make tech and dex scale at the same level, and give tech a "Chance to hit"
DF  Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Technology is underpowered
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition