Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(DF)The Balance Chronicle

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (DF)The Balance Chronicle
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/15/2011 0:48:41   
Kangi

The Balance Chronicle

Chapter I

"Youngling fight not with your fists or weapon. Unbalanced you are yes. Mind, Body, and Spirit must work as one."
Kangi Spirithawk

"Some say that one is born to their destiny. Others say that destiny picks the man. Perhaps both are wrong, perhaps both are right. But who is a man to judge the matters of fate and destiny? "
Master Lao Tse Tzu Light Temple.

"Come on honey a bit further, the Verteroche Inn is here. I know you can do it honey." the man tried to sooth his wife during the raging storm, but something was wrong. The elements themselves seemed troubled, and that was not good. "Help I need help, my wife is heavy with child and the child is coming. Please some one help us" The man pleaded as he pounded on the door.

"Jus a minute mon ami Ol Piere be on his way to open the door" a gruff voice sounded from the other side of the door. "Jou be fools to be out in de storm like diss mes amies. And you mon ami wit your wife heavy wid child. Come in come in dis no night for man nor beast." Piere grumbled as he held the door open, looking the two strangers over.

"Is there a midwife here in this town? Please sir, my wife...It has been a hard time for us. I am not sure if you know of the troubles afoot in lands far from here. But we come from the Sandsea....We had no choice, Sek Duat the II had ordered all women of a certian age that where with child, to be put to the sword." the man said as he held his wife trying to comfort her. Faint tattoos glowing with an aetherial quality showed on his forearm as his travel cloak shifted.

Just great, fugitives just what Verderoche Crossing needs. So I wonder if we are going to have any forces showing up looking for these two. Piere thought to himself as he looked at the two. "I shall send Remi to fetch Marie, she can help jou. She helped bring Remi into the world." Piere said, as he looked at the man once more. Something about him was unsettling. He could not help but shudder slightly.

"REMI! Get down here boy, I need jou to go fetch Maria an tell her to hurry." Piere shouted up to his son. As he did, he showed the couple to a set of chairs near the fire. There by the fire sat an ancient stone tablet that read From the seas of fire, the sightless sage shall come. Blessed with life shall he be until the eater leaves. Then shall he who speaks with all elements find rest.

"That tablet, where did you get it from?" The man said as he stared at it. Could it be, no it could not. Not in a place like this, but is it? The man thought to himself as he ran his hands across the stone tablet, feeling the flowing script of the sand elves. But how could the prophesy of The Balance Bringer end up in a place this far from the deep desert.

"Dat ting, ma papa bought it from a traveling merchant. Say he bought it from a place called Al Jahazaradi. Why do you ask?" Piere said as he looked at the man even closer. Something about him was unsettling, but he could not put a finger on it.

"Honey please, it is time. Your son is fast coming into this world, but I fear something is wrong. Something does not feel right, Jahsharak hold me please, it hurts" The woman cried out, as she gripped her husband's arm. Tears welling in her eyes as she fought back the pain and fear that was building in her.

As the woman cried out, the front door of the inn opened sending in a blast of wind mixed with icey rain. There standing in the door way was Remi and the ancient crone Marie. The wind whipping the hem of her cloak to and fro as she moved into the doorway, bits of ice clinging to her hair, as water dripped from her cloak.

"Get her up to a room, De time is drawing near. Hurry you oafs do not stand there like two bumps on a log. De child be on its way into dis world, an jou jus standin dere like a couple a idiots watchin a pot boil. Dis no time to hem haw about dere be a youngin a comin:" Marie barked as she looked at the men. Men you cannot live with them, and you cannot stick a dagger into them. She thought to herself as the men sprang into action under her firey gaze.

"Jashanti the midwife and wise woman is here to help. Come I shall help you" Jahsharak said as he helped his wife to his feet. Unsure if he trusted the woman known as Marie or not. He did not much care for her choice of words, or her crass behavior. But she was summoned to help Jashanti.

"Yes Madam Marie" Both Piere and Remi barked as they begin to help the woman upstairs. Jashanti and Jahsharak dem aint normal names, dey sound like magic names. Oh heaven help us if dey be magic folk, please don't let em be a turnin me into no hop toad or a dancin mushroomy Piere thought to himself as he broke out into a nervous sweat. **Fear not good man, you have nothing to worry about from us. We shall not turn you into anything*** the voice said into his mind.

"Oh Lords have mercy on me, dey gonna be a turnin me into a hop toad a dancin mushroomy or a swamp tog!" Piere shrieked as he went ghostly white, and fell to the floor in a dead faint. Marie only shook her head, blasted fool they where not going to hurt him she thought to herself as she opened the door to the room.

"Quick jou jus put er on dey bed an I be doin de rest mon ami. Jou no worrie, ol Marie, she make sure de babe come fine into this world" Marie said, as she moved towards the side of the bed. As she moved, the sleeve of her worn blouse shifted slightly, revealing two markings, a sun symbol, and a flame symbol.

As the door of the room closed Jashanti looked at Marie, tears welling in her eyes from the pain and from the knowledge that she was safe with this woman. "You are one of them aren't you." She said through gritted teeth. The pains where coming more and lasting longer.

"Jus jou hush youngen. Marie Laboue gonna take care of jou." Marie said as she begin to remove the pouches from her belt. "Jour husban not dey only one who be knowin de prophesy. De Sisters of de Lords be knowin bout it as well." Marie said as she begin to work franticaly. She could see that Jashanti was fading fast. Time was of the importance. She may be able to save the mother, but it was uncertian.

As the men paced back and forth for several hours outside the door of the room, the sounds coming from inside made Piere cringe, he remembered back to the time Remi came into the world. Slowly the sounds died down, as the storm overhead broke, an eerie calm filled the inn, followed by a piercing wailing cry from inside the room, then silence.

Slowly the door opened, as a sweating Marie stepped out, holding in her arms the traveling cloak of Jashanti. Her face stoic and stoney as she looked at Jasharak, tears streaming down her wrinkled and leathery face.

"I truely am sorry mon ami. De mama I could not save, but de child I could. Jour son is healthy, but there is a problem. He was between worlds to long mon ami. His eyes be white. Jour son shall not see the wonders of dis world. I am truely sorry." Marie said as she held the bundle and looked at Jasharak.

"NO OH JASHANTI NO" Jasharak shouted as he slumped to the floor, sobbing. His chest heaving, as tears ran from his eyes. "My son, let me see him please, I must see him." he said as he reached out with his hands, tears still running down his face. As he held up his arms, the markings became clear, two serpents glowing with a faint blue shown. At the head of one serpent was the symbol for fire, at the head of the other was the symbol for ice.

"Mon ami, I know how jou be a feelin. When Remi's mama brought him into dis world from de next, she passed on too." Piere said as he reached down to help steady Jasharak. The pain and grief was clearly written on the man's face, for Piere felt the same exact thing when his beloved Gabriella had left this world.

"His name shall be Kangi Spirithawk" Jasharak said as he held the young babe in his arms, tears streaming down his face. As he spoke the babe began to stir, and whimper.

"Mon ami dere be a woman who can be a nursemade for de young Spirithawk. I can send Remi to fetch her if jou wish." Marie said as she knelt down next to Jasharak, placing her hand on his shoulder, offering comfort to him.

And so ends chapter I of the Balance Chronicle. More shall come.

< Message edited by Kangi -- 6/13/2011 3:58:26 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (DF)The Balance Chronicle
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition