Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

The ED team

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> The ED team
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/17/2011 10:40:12   
Snaipera

Hi guys . I just wanted to share one concern with you . We all love AE games . One of the main reasons we do is the close connection they have to the players . But here's the problem , I feel like the ED team is kind of distant from us . Unlike AE's other games , where the staff is rather active and talkative ,the ED staff is passive .Don't get me wrong ,they do a great job ,but I , as a player , feel a bit ..well.. saddened.
What are your thoughts about this ?

< Message edited by Snaipera -- 2/17/2011 11:49:45 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
2/17/2011 10:45:21   
xxmirxx

I 100 percent agrree
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
2/17/2011 11:40:36   
button33

True
The aqw team shares everything with us on th aqw design note
Here we only see nw post once every week
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
2/17/2011 11:42:59   
Larcell

I can't disagree.
Epic  Post #: 4
2/17/2011 12:13:32   
Sparticus

Every Developer has their own personal style. Some enjoy chatting about their game with the players and others don't.

I think it would be a bad generalization to label the ED team as aloof just because they don't chat on the forums with everyone. From what I see and hear, both Titan and Nightwraith discuss the games features with many of the players who's opinions they trust and value. They also view the forums frequently, even if they don't post comments. They also have other ways to discuss the game outside the realm of this forum. To believe they are out of touch or disconnected with a game that is their livelihood and brainchild would be a huge misjudgment.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
2/17/2011 12:17:05   
Snaipera

^It's not just the posting in the forums and the ingame activeness . It's also about the 1 tiny post EVERY release in the DNs . It's also about the last moment announcement about the release in 2 hours . No heads up whatsoever all week long . No contests , no fun activities , just live servers and dueling ...

< Message edited by Snaipera -- 2/17/2011 13:48:00 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
2/17/2011 12:59:10   
TurkishIncubus

I think same with you , i think NW and Titan read some posts but they dont write anything.

Epic  Post #: 7
2/17/2011 13:00:04   
The Game
Pegasus Overlord

I do feel that, in relation to other AE games, the ED team might appear a tad more distant in terms of activity, but I don't think that activity is a fair measure of being "distant." To me, being "distant" is not paying attention to the desires of the player-base. Or, when the player-base disagrees with a releases for whatever reason, ignoring and not even making an endeavor to address said concerns would come off as "aloof" to me. Quite frankly, ED could do a lot worse.
AQ  Post #: 8
2/17/2011 13:32:19   
Fay Beeee

I think may be you are forgetting that our Ed team is a great deal smaller than the AE teams. What would you rather have.?

1 Titan and Nightwraith on here chatting away and HUGE descriptive design note.

2 OR That they are working on the game its self??

Much as it is nice to see them sometimes show up, I would rather they were allowed to do their jobs. So the choice is number 2 for me (with may be an occasional number 1) :)
Epic  Post #: 9
2/17/2011 13:47:01   
Snaipera

@The Game ,

I see your point . Indeed they do listen to us but "distant" for me is not communicating enough with us , players. Unlike AQW or DragonFable or Mechquest , our design notes are always at the end of the week and basically say what was in the release . I don't know about how the better part of the ED population feels like , but I want to know more about the staff , They should share with us funny moments , glitches , personal info . This is all to their liking but all this would make us grow closer and be a better community , thus avoiding the ED rudeness that has been reigning ever since Gamma started . Every 2nd person calls you a "noob" . They cry , they shout , they insult . What's the point in that?

@Fay Beeee,

Sure , I'd rather have nicer releases . I'd rather communicate ,too . As a matter fact , the ED team moved to "The secret undergrownd lab" in order to receive some help from the rest of the AE team . Seeing ED is one of the most profitable AE games , why haven't they sent the reinforcements yet ? Also , Titan and Nightwraith seem a bit introvert to me . For all I know , Titan is engaged , he proposed to his girlfriend in 2010 . That's it . Don't get me wrong , I don't want to stalk them or anything but ... yeah ... relationship improvement .

A little more details around what they're doing would help us ,too . Heck , it doesn't take long to write some short text explaining how they're doing , will they delay the release and things like that . A sneak peek would be nice ,too , instead of the confusion we go through EVERY Friday asking ourselves "Will there be a release?" . Also , quite a lot of stuff were promosed . A little info on those about their progress would do wonders .
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
2/17/2011 14:47:17   
ED Prince of Shadows

Usually you can talk to Charfade much easier than Titan and NW. That is, if for her at the right time.... I too feel that they need to talk more though :P

Once they are closer to an Update they are on more, or if you have something important to say/ask.

Twitter is the best place to find Char, and NW. Use the =ED= Staff Information Thread to find the links.
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
2/17/2011 18:37:53   
Shadow Jester

Most MODS and ADMINS are REALLY QUIE
I have omni,and Donna Matrix on my Buddy List
Omni is busy alot
and Donna matrix is focused on wins
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
2/17/2011 18:41:42   
tigura

There are only 3 people on staff. This means they have to work REALLy hard to get releases done. Give them a break.
DF Epic  Post #: 13
2/17/2011 18:42:02   
Wraith

Thats impossible. I buddy requested Wiseman and it said Moderators do not accept Buddy Invites!
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 14
2/17/2011 18:46:02   
  WhiteTiger

Majestic Feline of AQ3D & ED

@Lord Sinastr It is possible to have moderators on your buddy list. You cannot send them buddy requests, but they can send you buddy requests. And I can confirm that myself.
AQW Epic  Post #: 15
2/17/2011 22:34:55   
rajkumar

i dont think that i will be agree with you because wiseman and dax they both are very friendly and always ready for help.
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
2/17/2011 23:02:14   
xxmirxx

when I had dax and donna on my buddy list they talk to me alot.
AQ Epic  Post #: 17
2/17/2011 23:02:42   
goldslayer1

theres a difference from staf and volunteer staff.
staff = the ones with a golden name
volunteer staff = the ones with a green name.
also i believe the ED team has 4 peeps if im correct (maybe more since korin was working with them)
NW, titan, charfade, and big tuna. and i believe korin as a second programmer.
3 artist and 2 programmers.
support team, customer support is thru the AE team i believe.
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
2/17/2011 23:49:34   
rajkumar

leave this all they are also a person like us and they also talk . no matter what everyone say about them i dont mind at all.
AQW Epic  Post #: 19
2/18/2011 1:28:43   
charwelly

i agree you with you all the way

Retired Again.
AQW Epic  Post #: 20
2/18/2011 2:29:00   
Drianx

I agree with Snaipera. It has been a week with no tweets. The devs may communicate and listen to some people's advices, but I'm afraid those are biased and only follow their own goals.
AQW Epic  Post #: 21
2/18/2011 2:40:16   
InTheSky

Actions speak louder then words, and CLEARLY they haven't done anything.
Post #: 22
2/18/2011 2:52:50   
edwardvulture

@Inthesky: Your words are worth a thousand pieces of doggy doo. You don't know what they are working on because you are not an artist or programmer, but even the average player knows that the fruits of their labor is only revealed in releases.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 23
2/18/2011 3:10:28   
xxmirxx

with all money make should hire more staff. also mods don't get pay or AE team. just titan and nw some others. so up to them get more staff.

< Message edited by xxmirxx -- 2/18/2011 3:23:12 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 24
2/18/2011 4:01:34   
Egoraptor

@above
What??? e.e

On-topic:
Titan and NW used to be alot closer to the players during alpha and early beta when they havent been acquired by AE.

< Message edited by Egoraptor -- 2/18/2011 4:44:13 >

http://www.killerjo.net <--- AWESOME
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> The ED team
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition