Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(DF) Path to madness, a hero divided by his feelings, tormented by the past, who has lost everithing

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (DF) Path to madness, a hero divided by his feelings, tormented by the past, who has lost everithing
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/17/2011 15:07:08   
Mortarion

Comments go here

Prologue:
It was a beutiful day in willowshire but this was a cruel joke as the city was in ruins, of it only remained a refugee camp, in this morning a messenger walked trought it, searching for a horse; he had been tasked by guardian fortuna to deliver a message to falconreach asking for their help.

Chapter one:

It was a beautiful morning, Mortarion was walking in the woods near falconreach when he found someone, who had all of his ropes destroyed was famelic and obviously at the brink of death. "By Lorithia, what are you doing here good man"
said Bosterblader
"There is no time "coughing up blood" please deliver this letter to the guardian tower", and with those last words the mysterious man fainted.

Hmm it seems to be a sealed letter, with the symbol of the guardians, I need to deliver this inmediately, but I can't leave this man here, said Mortarion who proceeded to take the man and then he set to the falconreach inn.

Mortarion knock on the inn's door and was greeted by a tall blond woman, "Hi Serenity", he said.

"Hi Mortarion what brings you here?", said Serenity.

"I need you to take care of this man, he had an urgent letter that needed to be delivered to the guardian tower but I coudn't let him up in the woods".

"You did the right thing Mortarion, this man is at the brink of death but I can save him"
, said Serenity.

"Thanks Serenity", said Mortarion.

"Now what are you waiting, go and deliver that letter", said Serenity, then she entered, carrying the man in her arms and closed the door.

"He is in good hands, but now I need to deliver this letter", thought Mortarion.

It was a small trip from Serenity's Inn to the Guardian Tower, he will be there in no time.

As soon as he delivered the letter to the guardians, he was dismissed with the order to wait for future instructions, so he headed to the inn to rest there.

The next morning all adventurers where ordered to go to willowshire, in the way they where suppossed to meet a caravan with supplies and healers from the nearby towns to help the people in the camp, and they where guided by the mysterious man he had saved.

"So he was from willowshire, thought Mortarion, well considering how his people is I understand why he was like that when I first meet him and why he hurried me so much to deliver the letter to the guardians, well in way", said Mortarion.

After days of non stop walking the heroes maked a halt, all of them where speaking of the glories that they'll acomplish when they saved willowshire.

In their chatting, they didn't notice that a woman had approached them. She was a statuesque, auburn-haired beauty, and when she spoke all of the heroes turned to face her, yet she didn't seem scared. "I am searching for the Falconreach heroes", she said.

"And who are you? if whe can know my lady", said Mortarion standing up.

"My name is Esmerald and I am with the caravans headed for Willowshire", said the mysterious woman.

"Well then Esmerald join us, We will be on our way soon, but while that happens don't you want some meat and a pint of beer?", said Mortarion.

"Thanks", said Esmerald and she sitted in the ground.

After eating and drinking they realaised that they had lost to much time as it was dark, so Esmerald went to her caravan, she and the heroes had accorded to continue in the morning. And with the first ray of sun they headed to Willowshire

< Message edited by Mortarion -- 9/16/2011 10:48:04 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
3/10/2011 16:00:50   
Mortarion

After Esmerald left Mortarion and the heroes went to their tents to sleep, she in the other hand did go to the river to bathe in the river, after she was in it she couldn’t help to think all what has changed.

"Yes, only two years ago I was the daughter of one of the richest bankers." She thought. So during her infancy she had never seen any poorness, so she had always believed that people were as rich as herself, enjoying parties and dances. In fact, she remembered the last party she had been to. That day her father had said that she was especially beautiful, he had told that her eyes were like emeralds and that her hair was just like if it was made out of rubies, but that day something went really wrong.

Their chariot got a wheel broken and they had to stop to repair it, as soon as they got out of it, beggars and lepers started appearing to ask them for money, she was shocked, all of those people weren’t like her, some of them didn’t have meat in some parts of their bodies, one of them even said to them “Please kill me”, but was soon pushed aside by the guards.

Soon they where at the party, but she couldn’t get that image out of her mind, the next day she asked her father for her part of the heritage, he tried to stop her, but he couldn’t, so he gave her the money, from that moment on she made her mission to help all of the poor and weak people, and that’s why she was headed to willowshire.

Soon she felt a cold air, and remembered that she needed to return to her tent, after she went to sleep, she dreamed of her past and strangely of Mortarion, something about him was strange like if he hided something, but she soon fell asleep thought.

The next morning the camp was attacked by bandits, Mortarion was at the front of the defense, but when the last bandit fell to his sword, he saw something that he couldn’t bear to see, in that moment an old wound appeared again, it was His mark, the one who had destroyed his life.

It was 5 years ago, when he was still known as Cruor, he remembered, he was in his house, his best friend, Mark, was with him, soon they felt sounds of a battle, when they reached the ground floor his father was dead, and her mother captured, they battled fiercely the attackers, but they couldn’t win, soon a really elegant dressed man, but Cruor could see that he was evil. When he appeared both of them attacked him, he remembered his satisfaction when he managed to make him a small cut in the cheek, for that the prince ordered that his father was fed to the dogs in front of him, and that his mother was tortured to death.

After that, he ordered that a chain link was melted into his wrists and in his back, the pain was unbearable. After that they where made slaves, working for the Prince, who delighted in torturing them, specially him, he still wore the marks of the whips, until one day he decided that he would overthrow Malorum.

He managed to do it, but he paid a great price, Mark, his best friend was killed, the only thing that remained of him was an amulet they had done together, it was made of reptile bones an it had the shape of a skull, in revenge he deformed the Prince face, and took his crown, with the gold and jewels he forged a sword with the gold from the prince crown, and adorned it with it’s jewels, since that day the Prince had sworn revenge on him, so he had to run from his natal country to never return.

Mortarion always thought that he would never find him, but that was enough proof, Malorum had found him, he touched Mark’s amulet, then he realized it was late in the night, so he went to sleep, the marks of the chains in his wrists, they feeled just like if they had been puted on his flesh yesterday, but he still feel asleep nightmares all the night.

< Message edited by Mortarion -- 9/16/2011 10:50:40 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
5/7/2011 22:23:05   
Mortarion

He remembered it, he remembered the day that Malorum came to his village, all who opposed perished, he was in his room with Mark, and the girlfriend of him, soon they heard the typical sounds of fighting, when Mark peered through the window he was almost killed by an arrow, if he wasn’t killed by it, it was because it was carrying a piece of flesh, you could see the blood dripping from it, his girlfriend screamed, he remembered the minutes he tried to console her but she couldn’t take anymore, she just threw herself thought the window, soon they heard a thump, when they peered through the window they saw her, she had her arms broken as well as her legs, but she was still alive, soon they heard foot steps, they couldn’t believe what they witnessed, a soldier closed on her, and believing she was an enemy proceeded on to stab her several times, blood flowed from her body as if it were water.

Soon Malorum himself entered his house, he was of their same age, althought Malorum’s eyes where litted by evilness, like if he was a demon mad man, he remembere how he and Mark attacked Malorum, they even bited him, Mortarion even managed to make him a wound, and punched him, when they finished Malorum said “Well what whe have here, a peasant, how do you dare to touch me, peasant!!”.Said Malorum in a despective tone

“Oh you are important, said Cruor, I thought you where a pig”

“How do you dare speak to me in that whay you peasant, it doesn’t matters, soon I’ll punish you, but for now, let’s go boys my father is waiting for us”.Said Malorum. After that Malorum and all the prisioners, including Mark and Mortarion, leaved the town.

When they where outside of it Malorum and his men gathered all those who had putted a serious resistance, after covering them in burning oil in the middle of town, they set it on fire, this also served another purpose, to crush any resistance. The screams, Mortarion could never forget the screams, the cries of the womens as they suffered, the mens silently defiying Malorum, but the worst part was when one of the womans managed to get out of town, Malorum faked to be impresed by her, he ordered to two of his servants to apply “healing” potions aswell to drink them, but what that poor woman didn’t know was that it was oil, then Malorum made him walk to the front of the group, after that he proceeded to throw the woman again to the flames, the screams she emmited, Mortarion could never forget them, and when she explotted to this day he feels to still be covered by what remained of her. After that Malorum and his men guided the twon to his fortress but before they left, they heard acry of revenge, it was the skull shaped monolith in the center of town, he never forgot it, and he still will accomplish it, after that Malorum left the town remains thinking they where cursed

After that his curse was impossed to him

Mortarion remembered as he stood, within the blood stained chamber that was Malorum torture chamber, the magical spikes with intruded into the depths of my spine began digging deeper into his flesh. The Pain was right to the point below that which was meant to kill one. This was torture, so he would feel the extreme of pain, before Death would grasp him, if it ever did. A pain that follows me to this day, I still remember the laughter of Malorum.Said Cruor in dreams.

After that he was sent to his little room, he couldn’t lean on his back, not even sleep on it, for if he had done that the spike would enter his flesh again. If Mark had not been there, the human that'd turn into Mortarion, probably would have died.

After that Mortarion wake up screaming

< Message edited by Mortarion -- 9/16/2011 10:53:20 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
11/19/2011 22:17:27   
Mortarion

Day after day, the nightmares continue, like if repeating history. Day after day of planning their revolt, they day had finally come in which they would bring Malorum down. And yet it was only the last day of Cruor’s life.

The battle, he remembered it, chocking one of the jailors with is chains to take the keys. The overjoyed cries of his fellow slaves as they were freed from their long oppression under Malorum’s reign, they would be finally be free men.

“Today, we bring down Malorum my fellow slaves” Had said Cruor “Follow me to freedom and revenge”

Firstly they assaulted the armory to take up on the armor there, and to release the slaves that worked there. They kept doing on this until Malorum’s entire castle was surrounded by a sea of rebel slaves.

The arrows rained down upon them, at least half of their force was decimated by the arrows, and yet, injured and weakened, they breached the first two obstacles, the bridge and the wall to Malorum’s inner sanctum. He had to receive medical treatment, his shoulder had been pierced by an arrow, yet he denied it, the fire of revenge had been ignited inside him, and it could only be extinguished with Malorum’s blood.

They kept on advancing, when they suddenly faced a platoon of knights.
“Halt!!" Said the captain “In the name of prince Malorum you are ordered to return to your normal activities, take into consideration that if you surrender now there will be no punishment”

“Never” Shouted Mark “We prefer death than to serve that bastard again” He said before sinking his sword through the captains’ throat.

“Attack my fellow rebels” Shouted Cruor as he pierced a soldier’s heart with his sword.
The battle was short, and they won, but they knew that they would soon be overrun. “There, we can hide behind that door” Said one of the former slaves while pointing at a door.
When they opened the door they found a room filled with old men, women and children. Obviously they were making a escape tunnel, but they had brought the attention to the room with their arrival.

“Hey Cruor” Said Mark

“Yes Mark” Said Cruor.

“I think I can distract them enough, after all it’s our fault” Said his best friend, he was obviously ashamed for putting in danger innocent people.

“Please don’t go Mark, they’ll kill you” He said to his best friend.

"I must go Cruor, I coudn't live if this people were murdered due to our faults" Said Mark before leaving through the door.

An hour filled with tension transpired, Mark hadn't returned. "I can't take this any longer" He said as he leved the safety of the room.

He walked throught the corridors, murdering anybody who came near him, untill he found him. Mark was there, in the ground, surrounded by knights. "MARK" Shouted Cruor as he started to attack all the knights that surrounded his friend. Soon his sword pierced a knight's throat, then it tasted the heart of another one, and so on, untill all of them were dead.

Will finnish this soon, sorry for cuting in mid development

< Message edited by Mortarion -- 11/20/2011 15:44:04 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (DF) Path to madness, a hero divided by his feelings, tormented by the past, who has lost everithing
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition