Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= 18Feb2011 Design Notes: The Bazaar will open soon!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= 18Feb2011 Design Notes: The Bazaar will open soon!
Page 1 of 41234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/20/2011 11:57:17   
RandomForumer
Banned

quote:

February 18, 2011
The Bazaar will open soon!

To answer your question: No, unfortunately there's no update today. BUT WAIT DON'T GO! Here's a shot of the Bazaar Entrance to tantalize.

What is this place, you ask? Well, stay awhile and listen!

-----

During the Great Uprising against Baelius' Legion, one of the sinister despot's plans for locking down the planet was to build a great array of anti-air turrets across Delta V. These heavy cannons were powerful enough to blast a destroyer-class ship out of orbit with one shot! This served 2 purposes:

1. To keep all current ships grounded and prevent further escape of the planet's terrified populace.

2. To discourage any outsiders sympathetic to the miner's cause from intervening.

Sometime during the onset of the war, a great fleet of ships descended upon Delta V, many of them converted freighters from nearby asteroid mining operations. The battle miles above Delta V was as brilliant and violent as it was brief. Most ships were completely obliterated -- their parts scattered across Delta V or sent adrift into high orbit -- but one ship was different. Badly damaged, but still operational, the massive freighter "Relentless" fell to Baelius' guns, but was able to land, astonishingly intact but precariously suspended over a deep chasm in the Barrens.

For generations, the survivors of the crew carved out a niche living off the ship's supplies, creating an isolated community within the ship's hull. It's remote location kept the Marauders and Legion patrols at bay, allowing the survivors to thrive while the outside world crumbled around them. Great events such as the banishment of the Exiles and their subsequent return were distant evens of little concern to them until they realized the new opportunities such matters presented, especially with regards to commerce!

Rechristened "The Bazaar," the ship's vast cargo holds have been converted into a massive marketplace, offering all manner of goods for those brave and persistent enough to seek them out. Many have traveled from across the planet to shop at the largest marketplace in all of Delta V -- completely free of Legion control.

Throughout the years, the Bazaar has tried to remain neutral, but the sympathies of its permanent residents have established its reputation as an Exile stronghold. However, its forbidding location and distance from the seat of Legion power allow it to remain off of Baelius' radar...for the time being.

-----

Many of you will likely groan about two week without an EpicDuel release. Well, I guess that's just more pressure on us to make it worth it!

Tags: Nightwraith

Well boy ain't i sad. IM SO SAD DX

Formatted, epically tagged! ~SMGS

< Message edited by AVA -- 2/20/2011 11:57:17 >
Post #: 1
2/18/2011 16:35:21   
Snaipera

A bunch of stories that I've never heard of . They sound kinda lame too . Shame there's no release to day , I was really looking forward to it ..... oh well ...
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
2/18/2011 16:38:06   
RandomForumer
Banned

IKR?
Post #: 3
2/18/2011 16:38:35   
sky222

TBH preview doesnt whet my appetites

< Message edited by sky222 -- 2/18/2011 16:45:55 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 4
2/18/2011 16:40:53   
Matgon

quote:

Many of you will likely groan about two week without an EpicDuel release. Well, I guess that's just more pressure on us to make it worth it!

Hurray!

See ya next week everyone!
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 5
2/18/2011 16:40:59   
Vick Vega

Its an Epic Door...
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 6
2/18/2011 16:47:04   
Mr.Pablo Jr.

Well, because they showed us a picture of the door, I wonder if the servers will reset to add it in...
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
2/18/2011 16:48:28   
RandomForumer
Banned

WF And ED Are the only games that take breaks from updates i think.
Post #: 8
2/18/2011 17:00:04   
Mr.Pablo Jr.

I just read over the the post again and I realized that possible new items will be released. If next weeks update is actually worth it, I won't mind going two weeks without a release.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
2/18/2011 17:07:59   
Tor Kul Na

Grrrr! I got sick of the AQW storyline and started epic duel. I spent money on this game! Thats 2 weeks on the run! I dont want to sound too bad but its all very lazy. The other games managed to update with larger updates than epic duel have. Im off school right now. I thought I would be able to enjoy my time off with this game. The updates are small even when we get them. Last time we got furniture and a single acheivement. It's a shame that the staff are either too lazy or too small in numbers because they created a great game but arent expanding it often enough. Ive been bored silly all week and this was what I was looking forward too. Downer
AQ MQ  Post #: 10
2/18/2011 17:35:48   
PD

quote:

Throughout the years, the Bazaar has tried to remain neutral, but the sympathies of its permanent residents have established its reputation as an Exile stronghold. However, its forbidding location and distance from the seat of Legion power allow it to remain off of Baelius' radar...for the time being.

I sense Baelius will attempt to beseige the Bazaar. Battle for the Bazaar anyone? :O
Post #: 11
2/18/2011 17:36:44   
Epic Pwnser

Great. To compensate for another whole week of waiting, what do we get? A door!!!! LMAO!! And a rather interesting complicated story. YAY!
Epic  Post #: 12
2/18/2011 17:39:52   
Mr.Pablo Jr.

Maybe this will tie in to EpicDuel's first quest chain.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
2/18/2011 17:51:55   
naukki

if we ever want some decent quest's we need a backup story so i like they did some development there. and nw did say they are having pressure to make it worth the wait. i trust it will be just as amazing as all the other updates
AQ Epic  Post #: 14
2/18/2011 17:56:36   
Tor Kul Na

I hope no quest or story in game. Because i left aqw for those things
AQ MQ  Post #: 15
2/18/2011 17:59:45   
Mr.Pablo Jr.

@Above, it's already said to be incorporated into EpicDuel.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
2/18/2011 18:04:09   
King FrostLich

There goes my hopes for the 2v1 boss battles. But whatever I think this is just one step CLOSER to it.
Epic  Post #: 17
2/18/2011 18:08:06   
Mr.Pablo Jr.

@Frostlich, Lol, Half-Full glass huh? Way to be positive. What I think: Atleast they flat-out told us and not have us waiting for two hours not knowing...Pretty positive
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
2/18/2011 18:10:44   
King FrostLich

I just have a bad feeling though, whats INSIDE the door? I'm guessing its Zedmyr/Mort's clone??
Epic  Post #: 19
2/18/2011 18:13:57   
Laos

Quite an interesting storyline... can't wait for this to be built upon in the coming weeks.
AQW Epic  Post #: 20
2/18/2011 18:15:24   
Shadronica

Looks to me like it is just going to be a marketplace no more and no less. I am most disappointed that this will just be another high varium consumption release no more and no less.

Losing faith after such a long time with this game that it is not much more than a money guzzler.
With the other AE games the items that you buy with real cash do not get outdated they are purely for your own pleasure. Whereas, with this game not only do you have to buy the new weapons to keep up with the game but then you have to spend mostly varium to enhance.
I am disappointed that our ED team along with AE team have not addressed this very big issue.

On the upside it is nice to finally get a storyline update but it hardly keeps my appetite whetted.
2v1 boss or quests are what I consider to be needed to keep this game interesting instead of focusing on buy, buy, buy all the time.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 21
2/18/2011 18:24:29   
IsaiahtheMage

Oh come on 2 weeks without update?Grrr.
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
2/18/2011 18:24:37   
He Who Lurks

Market Place free of legion control?

May Include?
*Level 32 weapons
*New NPC's

Well that's all I could come up with. I'm not very disheartened with the extra week. This just gives me more time to stock up on battleon points .
AQ Epic  Post #: 23
2/18/2011 18:26:36   
RandomForumer
Banned

Permanent level 32 weps =3
Post #: 24
2/18/2011 18:27:23   
edwardvulture

I agree with Shad. I'm utterly disappointed that there was no informational update during the week. I expected a release today. I didn't get one. I really just want more information like telling us there wasn't going to be an update earlier this week because I really looked forward to one.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= 18Feb2011 Design Notes: The Bazaar will open soon!
Page 1 of 41234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition