Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: why mages new skill is not good

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: why mages new skill is not good
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/19/2011 11:24:58   
Epic Pwnser

I agree more like 10% crit chance similar to Azrael's Bane.
Why? Because this will make mages more competitive towards the BH and Merc str builds, BH's really really strong SA, and the merc's hybrid armor.
Against BHs: To be able to double or nothing. If your assimilate hits and crits awesome. But this is double or nothing because if it doesn't hit (most of the time), then you get nothing.
Against mercs: To be able to hit over their defense, such as super defense/resist builds that use gamma bot with all enhancements on tech (OPed definitely). To be able to have another crit chance makes mages more of a challenge.

Also, for low lvl mages, this will make them spread out their skill trees toward assimilate, not just spells like plasma bolt and overload.

Also, the devs want mages to stick to our class-specific weapons, like our staves, cause that is what mages use.
And btw, there are good staves, like the kringle bot staff, doom circle, beta staff. Just none really good in damage like +31 with good stats. OR the good staves have gone rare already, which is most of them.
Epic  Post #: 26
2/19/2011 11:42:57   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@Nebula If Bludgeon is useless then Double Strike is useless for mercs as well. No one invests in it over 1 because it's like Zerker and Double. It doesn't need to go over lvl 1 to kick some butt in a build.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
2/19/2011 11:46:09   
helloguy

We dont need the skill to get a buff,we need the skill to get removed.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 28
2/19/2011 11:57:42   
Celestine
Constructive!

Assimilation is not a bad skill. Take it from someone who has created a variety of builds with it.
The one xXx83xXx posted, being my most successful build. That build was created the day when all the new skills were implemented.
Even with OP'ed Shadow Arts at the time, it was still a success.
Sure, Assimilation does not compare with Shadow Arts.(Actually, you can't even compare the too.)
The only complaint I have on Assimilation is that it can be blocked. The attack could be blocked, but the energy drain shouldn't.
I'll be honest TM is not the best class at the moment, but the problem doesn't lie in their new skill.

-Celestine
DF Epic  Post #: 29
2/19/2011 12:15:44   
Etrigan

It should be like Blood shield for Mercenaries, only 13 health for 13 regular defense at max.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
2/19/2011 12:21:48   
Angels Holocaust

It never was good, when the skill assimilation was introduced, the Devs wanted the players to leave the mage class and move onto a new one to promote sales. When there are enough mercs and BH in the game, the Devs will then fix assimilate and make it more effective. Until that fateful day lets be patient.
Post #: 31
2/19/2011 14:21:42   
Vick Vega

When maxed the skill can be completely countered by a disposable item that costs 10 credits.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 32
2/19/2011 14:48:49   
edwardvulture

Isn't it that in every game, A mage requires a staff to sh their full potential? Why should epicduel be different?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 33
2/19/2011 15:19:19   
Secret1337

If you could improve that skill, I would maby try it out. But now I dont know how to use it becouse it is to weak to attack with.
Post #: 34
2/19/2011 15:23:16   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vick Vega

When maxed the skill can be completely countered by a disposable item that costs 10 credits.

That's hardly the case. Don't forget that you're also doing damage with assimilation while your opponent has to spend a turn using an Energy Booster. That leaves you ahead on damage and on the rage meter. Also a good Assimilation build doesn't need to have max level Assimilation. All it takes is 2 or 3 points of Energy drained to stop a skill from being used.

@Nebula: Bludgeon is a very powerful attack to use when you have Rage. With a balanced 5 focus build, Bludgeon is my favorite attack to use on Tech-heavy Mercenaries. Sure, it is blockable but that is the risk I'm willing to take to do the extra damage to them. Rage attacks ignore Hybrid armor completely, so Bludgeon is the best attack to use in this case (unless you have a physical Gun around, which you shouldn't, since it's a bad idea as a TM). I agree with you about Super Charge though. That skills
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
2/19/2011 15:26:20   
H4ll0w33n

overload is a ok skill, it is usually used when you have no other choice so its not a completely useless skill.
plasma bolt is highly used in 2v2 with the lower levels and it is quite effective.
plasma rain is useless
supercharge is also useless
assimilate isnt useless, it is very bad for merc. any energy draining move kills merc.

ive been a merc for 1 year now, never changed, so i know whats oped and whats uped :P.

< Message edited by H4ll0w33n -- 2/19/2011 15:27:02 >
Post #: 36
2/19/2011 15:33:49   
charwelly

I toatlly agree with you on my alt acc as a TM...
It needs to be double the energy it takes out

Retired Again.
AQW Epic  Post #: 37
2/19/2011 17:01:03   
TurkishIncubus

Doing only Energy reduce Unblockable is a fair buff that will make mages be able to win some battles

Epic  Post #: 38
2/19/2011 17:33:50   
IsaiahtheMage

100% agreed Assimilation is crap.It needs to eietheir be buffed or go.
AQW Epic  Post #: 39
2/19/2011 23:43:39   
Luna_moonraider

@nebula

Bludgeon is not a useless skill it is a very useful tool against a merc when they either swith hybrid cause they get malfed or used when rage on merc or any class. it allow mages to have at least 1 phy atk when using a staff. and the skill was made because there are not many phy staff for mages to use.

also do u see a str merc use blood shield. do u see a support merc use blood shield. the answer to that is no. they dun use it even if they have plenty of extra skill points to invest to blood shield. and most mercs dun even use blood shield unless they are fighting boss battles or when they have rage and no strong move and dun wana waste heal or booster cause they have full hp. even tank merc dun use it. i dun see them even use it.y cause we merc have a skill called hybrid armor. all mercs strongest build dun even use blood shield. i would say it is a poinless skill cause we have hybrid armor.

@mir
that is why people want the enegry drain to be unblockable so it be fair an better for mages. and yeah more phy staff would help but there is a skill called Bludgeon. and asim is not a useless skill if u say so u r not thinking outside of the box.

< Message edited by Luna_moonraider -- 2/20/2011 10:07:29 >

AQW Epic  Post #: 40
2/19/2011 23:48:27   
rajkumar

have you all fight a bh who have a overpowered build try to use assilmilation on him he will block it .
so assilmilation should be change to unblockable attack .
AQW Epic  Post #: 41
2/19/2011 23:50:10   
xxmirxx

above

it is use less skill to use. what we need is physical staff.
AQ Epic  Post #: 42
2/20/2011 0:23:36   
band 4
Banned

Although i quit playing my mage recently i found the new skill really useful, normally most builds dont have enough extra energy to be able to use there skills after a level4 assimalation(doubt i spelled it right),and personally mercs energy stealer gets blocked 70% of the time.
Post #: 43
2/20/2011 15:09:02   
xxmirxx

I don't really like mercenaries new skill as well. it suks they lose 10 hp if use it.
AQ Epic  Post #: 44
2/20/2011 15:30:57   
SCORPIOZZz

guys guys guys look im really tired so not gona read all posts but :
1st if you make assimilation unblockable thats gona make mages so much powerfull or make it unblockable but pay mana for use :)
2nd make it usable with sword :O then why not make bhz massacre works with sword and its has a 10% K.O that cuts ure head off :/ :P
3rd if u noticed DAX is a mage ;) and shes got a verry good build to show you that mages arent uped
Epic  Post #: 45
2/20/2011 16:38:51   
TurkishIncubus

^
1st only making energy reduce unblockable cant make mages oped .
2nd mages dont have an atacking skill useable with sword (BHs got Stun grenade and Emp grenade , Mercs got Bunker , Multi , Surgical Strike , Berserker) and there is no physical staff so we cant use a physical primary.
3rd Dax is one of the Best players in game , he has more playing experience than other players and she got the best weps of game , What about the other mages , all mercs and BHs abusing STR what will the non varium or new mages will do?

< Message edited by TurkishIncubus -- 2/20/2011 16:39:20 >
Epic  Post #: 46
2/20/2011 16:42:41   
xxmirxx

above

SO TRUE
AQ Epic  Post #: 47
2/20/2011 20:35:05   
IsaiahtheMage

@Turkish you got that right.He is obviously viewing every mage as a lvl 32 variu mbeast my lvl 23 Tech Mage can barely survive as it now.His build is decent but he cant take out the Mercs I got Lvl 7 reruot,lvl 4 DM,lvlv 2Technian,lvl 4malfunction,lvl 2 field medic and lvl 3 deadly aim.And my dex and tech are both above 40 and my HP is 90 and Mercs still obliterate me with Bunker Buster and Bounties with masscre.Its unfair how mages dont have one move with a % of defence/resistence ignoring and extra crit chance move that is unfair.
AQW Epic  Post #: 48
2/20/2011 21:44:26   
ZoltaX CS4

I do agree that it should allow a sord, but i disagrre that it is a bad skil. If I were you I would put it up to 5, and when a bounty smoke screens you, just assimilate them and they wont be able to do massacre (most of the time) If you want me to give you builds that work around assimilate, and your desired wepons, email me at epicduelhelp12345@gmail.com Remember, do NOT give me your user and pass. Have fun, and Battleon!
MQ  Post #: 49
2/21/2011 0:08:29   
xxmirxx

above

don't mean you won't ask
AQ Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: why mages new skill is not good
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition