Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Mortarion's collection of tomes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: Mortarion's collection of tomes
Page 4 of 9«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/14/2011 17:04:54   
Mortarion

I think I am puting A PAth to Madness on hiatus and pursue another history basedon WoW, this aswell would focus on a lot of depression, but it would have a love component of sorts, what, I can also writte about love, the main character would be a father , turned undead , so should I do that, I mean put PAth to MAdness on haitus and pursue this new history, or keep in Path to madness, regardless of the situation you'll get a new chapter soon
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 76
10/18/2011 22:47:29   
Shadow Ravena
Paladin of Shadows

Mort, that is your decision. Do what you want to and feel can write better, but we can't decide for you. I would encourage you to finish up Path, simply because when you start more stories one usually is abandoned (plus, I'm not sure we can write fan-fics set in that universe, but I need to check the rules)
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 77
10/19/2011 5:08:18   
Mortarion

Yeaaaa people opinion always help me, plus I am pretty sure whe could make fanfics for any game, and isn't it bad to force one to writte?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 78
10/19/2011 17:13:57   
Glais

quote:

and isn't it bad to force one to writte?

But didn't you...nevermind mayne.
Anyways, you should be allowed to write stories about other games. My reasoning being that many have stories not about AE games at ALL.
DF MQ  Post #: 79
10/19/2011 17:24:16   
Mortarion

^Glai I meant that if I keep writing when I don't have inspiration it will come badly, this last chapter has been on my head for months
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 80
10/19/2011 17:28:55   
Arthur The Brave One

Well, actually, the problem with writing stories about World of Warcraft is that Blizzard has copyright on all of their ideas. Which means that any fanfiction you write about WoW would both be owned by Blizzard and (probably) have to be approved by them. Which I don't know if they do :/ Either way, you might want to send their Customer Support or something an email on the subject, so that you can get at least get some clarifaction on whether they publicly allow fanfiction at all, since if they don't, I don't know if you'll be able/allowed to post it on these forums at all :/

Also, I always thought you couldn't force someone to write, but actually, I've found that it isn't necessarily true. I've recently started doing a class on creative writing (short stories albeit, but I digress) and the first class literally was: "Here is your five words of inspiration. Go write me something. You have fifteen minutes." And, miraculously enough, doing these kind of excersises allowed me to pretty much write at will after a couple of classes, which is quite a nice thing to be able to do :) Not saying it works all the time, but just saying that with a bit of training/excercise and some effort, you might be able to get those creative juices better and more easily than you might be able to otherwise.
Anyway, I hope I've been of any help, and I wish you the best of luck on your further writing endeavors!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 81
10/19/2011 17:33:25   
Mortarion

I was going to use my own plot tbh
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 82
10/19/2011 17:36:09   
Glais

There shouldn't be any copyrights on writing fanfics. The restriction is that you can't make money off of it since it's their universe. They can't stop him from writing a story about WoW, but he can't make money off of it.
DF MQ  Post #: 83
10/19/2011 17:37:50   
Arthur The Brave One

I wish that would solve the problem, but fact is, if you don't have their explicit permission, I don't think you can use /any/ content from WoW. Which would mean that you would have to be /very/ creative with the races, abilities, general storyline, etc. I don't know how much of this you wanted to use, but the problem is: anything you would use from the WoW universe is actually owned by Blizzard, which means you would be unable to use any explicit details of the WoW world. Which, pretty much, results in you having to think up your own world anyway :/

EDIT: actually, since Glaisaurus brought it up again: here is a link to the sticky in the archives which explicitly states you can't do fanfiction unless you have any sort of proof that you were allowed to make said fanfiction, I'm afraid :/ Click!

< Message edited by Arthur The Brave One -- 10/19/2011 17:40:47 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 84
10/19/2011 18:00:16   
Glais

Oh I was mistaken then, my bad. Looks like you do need permission, or just something stating Blizzard allows fanfics.

Honestly I find that pretty idiotic...

< Message edited by glaisaurus_x -- 10/19/2011 18:28:23 >
DF MQ  Post #: 85
10/19/2011 18:17:11   
Mortarion

Then I'll do one of Star Wars and see if i can do one of 40K
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 86
11/6/2011 11:57:47   
Mortarion

Spoilerific spoilers, check at your own risk spoilers
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 87
11/6/2011 14:25:24   
everett910

It's pretty good, ...unfortunately, now i want read more, and right now i have to wait!!

~Please remember that ranking a story is not allowed in L&L
Mritha

< Message edited by Mritha -- 11/6/2011 20:13:33 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 88
11/6/2011 14:26:42   
Mortarion

Hmm what must I improve so it's a 10/10?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 89
11/6/2011 19:46:47   
Kinzdor

Good story beside a few grammar mistakes.

quote:

Mortarion knock on the inn's door and was greeted by a tall blond woman, "Hi Serenity", he said.

Knock should be knocked.

quote:

"I need you to take care of this man, he had an urgent letter that needed to be delivered to the guardian tower but I coudn't let him up in the woods".

Let should be leave!

quote:

well considering how his people is

Is should be are.

quote:

After days of non stop walking the heroes maked a halt,

Maked should be made.

quote:

Thanks", said Esmerald and she sitted in the ground.

After eating and drinking they realaised that they had lost to much time as it was dark, so Esmerald went to her caravan, she and the heroes had accorded to continue in the morning. And with the first ray of sun they headed to Willowshire

Sited should be sat.

quote:

but she soon fell asleep thought.

The thought should be removed or changed to "she fell asleep in deep thought"

quote:

they even bited him,

Bited should be bit.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 90
11/6/2011 19:50:17   
Mortarion

Thanks for pointing those things out, did you clicked the link here?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 91
11/7/2011 17:00:17   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

@Mortarion: You haven't updated "Path to madness" in a long time it seems. Do you plan to continue it or is it forsaken?

Ah well, time for some typo-hunting it seems.

quote:

he was in his room with Mark, and the girlfriend of him

he was in his room together with his girlfriend and his friend Mark

quote:

he was of their same age

he was of the same age as they were/he was of their age

quote:

I thought you where a pig

were (verb)

quote:

leaved the town

left

quote:

When they where outside of it Malorum and his men gathered all those who had putted a serious resistance

When they were outside out of town, Malorum and his men gathered all those who had put up most of a fight

quote:

After that his curse was impossed to him

imposed on

quote:

the cries of the womens as they suffered, the mens silently defiying Malorum, but the worst part was when one of the womans managed to get out of town

women, men, defying, women

I think there are still some typos left.

< Message edited by Dwelling Dragonlord -- 11/7/2011 17:04:28 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 92
11/7/2011 17:02:06   
Mortarion

No it is not, but i will continue it, did you checked the link?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 93
11/7/2011 17:16:53   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

@Mortarion: Are you talking about the art you requested from lordkaho?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 94
11/7/2011 17:22:06   
Mortarion

yup
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 95
11/19/2011 19:52:18   
Mortarion

By the way people, in the next chapter I'll say something that will conect to a future history that i am writhing about my CW alter ego, ra'aret, let's say that it involves pain
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 96
11/19/2011 19:54:30   
Glais

When can the next chapter be expected?

Also, will you be paying more attention to the grammar and typos? Those are really the only problems I've seen with the story thus far, they result in things sounding incredibly awkward at certain points where otherwise they would be more serious.
DF MQ  Post #: 97
11/19/2011 19:55:13   
Mortarion

Yeahhhhhhh I'll be working on the typos, care to point them out for me, oh you can expect it, by today
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 98
11/19/2011 20:00:47   
Glais

Oh, cool.
And yeah I usually don't bother with typos because they're not so bad I can't enjoy the story, but I if I see any major ones I'll point them out.
DF MQ  Post #: 99
11/19/2011 20:46:43   
Mortarion

NExt chapter is coming up good
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: Mortarion's collection of tomes
Page 4 of 9«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition