Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Mortarion's collection of tomes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: Mortarion's collection of tomes
Page 7 of 9«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/24/2011 18:18:12   
Helixi

I've started on your second post.
AQ DF  Post #: 151
11/24/2011 18:55:46   
Mortarion

Ok thanks, will edit on weekend, when I am less busy
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 152
11/24/2011 20:27:29   
TormentedDragon

I don't have time for a full review or critique, so I will post a couple quick suggestions:

1. Slow down. I can't get a feel for what's going on or who the characters are before something momentous has occurred and we're now months or years into the future.

2. More detail. Very related to your pace - you are skipping scenes that could be very good and very powerful if you just gave them some actual detail. For example, when the chain link was fused to his back. You've given that a singe line. I can't figure out what that looks like, how it worked, or even how it affected the character - these are all things that are important, and something like that seems like it would be life-changing and quite possibly a defining point of the whole character. The torture and slavery could be an entire chapter in itself.

Expand, expand, expand. What you have now isn't a story, it's a plot outline.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 153
11/25/2011 4:11:06   
Mortarion

Not finished, and this is telling what already happened, this is a racconto, after I finish this, the true story wil begin
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 154
11/25/2011 16:58:48   
Helixi

I'm halfway through your third post. I hope to have it finished very soon, possibly by Sunday night.
AQ DF  Post #: 155
11/25/2011 17:00:17   
Mortarion

ok thanks Helixi
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 156
11/25/2011 17:07:36   
Mortarion

WHy do I tink that you think that I am a lost cause Helixi :'(
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 157
11/26/2011 3:38:14   
Helixi

I'm nearly finished with your third post. The fourth post isn't that long, so I'll get it finished very soon.
AQ DF  Post #: 158
11/26/2011 21:37:08   
Mortarion

Apparently i won't have time to edit this helixi, asI am sick now, and tomorrow I have to do 2 essays
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 159
11/27/2011 6:48:36   
Helixi

If you're sick, surely you would have more time on your hands? >___>

Edit: I'm completely finished with your critique. Do with it as you will. My PM box is open for inquiry as well.

< Message edited by Helixi -- 11/27/2011 9:42:34 >
AQ DF  Post #: 160
11/27/2011 9:51:14   
Khimera

Just a small general critique; Having read through your work, a lot of it feels rushed - Not just the lack of description, but the lack of proof reading and editing, highlighted by the poor grammar and spelling. My best advice to you is... take your time. Think things through before writing. Read everything you write, thoroughly check for grammatical errors and spelling mistakes. Read other people's writing, particularly published works, to get a better sense of the English language.
Post #: 161
11/27/2011 10:29:30   
Argeus the Paladin

What the guy above me just said. As it stands now, you'd probably benefit a lot more to straighten out your grammar, spelling and formatting before you do anything else. It is extremely hard to give any detailed comment and critique of a piece of work whose basic grammar and spelling leaves a lot to be desired.

I'd suggest that you copy-paste everything you've written on Words, Open Office or any word processing program with a spell and grammar checker. These are a writer's best friend, if my personal experience is of any indication.
DF  Post #: 162
11/27/2011 10:48:25   
Mortarion

Why people never believe me that I do word runs, seriously next time I'll put a screenshot, and I had fever
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 163
11/27/2011 10:58:17   
Helixi

Mortarion, even if you do run a word checker, you don't fix your spelling mistakes.
AQ DF  Post #: 164
11/28/2011 4:14:26   
Mortarion

To my loyal readers, though they are few, I must put this on hiatus due to finals, I apologize to those that were hoping for an update and those who did a critique, I appreciate the time taken to do them, but I must prepare for next week, sorry :'(
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 165
11/28/2011 16:34:36   
Varen6398
Friendly!, Constructive!
Creative!

Well good luck on your finals, and hope you're better soon.
DF  Post #: 166
11/28/2011 16:42:54   
Mortarion

Thanks I am better by now, but should be finishing an essay
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 167
12/3/2011 7:24:46   
Helixi

If you're better now, perhaps you could consider updating your narrative?
AQ DF  Post #: 168
12/3/2011 8:56:27   
Mortarion

i would like to, but I am in finals, believe me, it's more frustrating for me than for you

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 169
12/3/2011 19:21:47   
Mortarion

I am really depressed today, and I am wondering if I should continue this, I mean, no one cares about this, Helixi did that critique because I asked her, and it wasn't really good, the critique in itself was perfect but it made me realize that my story is crap. I mean, how can I compet with writhers like Mrithra, DD, Discipline, LK, Mordred, Razen and the list goes on. On top of that I am sure no one is intrested in this, so I am thinking of asking an AK to take this out Sorry guys for making you lose your time :'(
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 170
12/3/2011 19:24:12   
Glais

Don't give up. The only way you can improve is to keep practicing, you'll eventually get better and better. Sure at times you may need breaks and such, but giving up won't help, especially if you enjoy writing which you probably do.
I felt the same way with my drawings for a bit, but I realized by quitting, I can't improve and reach that goal that I want. I assume it's the same with writing.
DF MQ  Post #: 171
12/3/2011 19:31:09   
Mortarion

But no matter how much I try I never get better
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 172
12/3/2011 19:32:36   
Glais

It's a lengthy process, you can't expect groundbreaking results instantly. Perhaps you just need a bit of a break to formulate ideas and such or you could try writing short-stories just to get general practice in.
DF MQ  Post #: 173
12/3/2011 19:40:28   
Mortarion

I don't know, I don't know *moves hands to ears and gets in fetal position* I can never improve no matter what I do
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 174
12/3/2011 19:42:40   
Glais

Again, it takes time. If you keep at it, you WILL improve because there's no way I can see that practicing more makes someone worse than when they started. Though, trying out different things and such will probably help, as it adds variety and gets you used to writing about different subjects.
DF MQ  Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: Mortarion's collection of tomes
Page 7 of 9«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition