Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Mortarion's collection of tomes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: Mortarion's collection of tomes
Page 8 of 9«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/3/2011 19:46:40   
Mortarion

I don't know, no one seems to like my story, do you see someone saying "This is great, you should totally continue it" or "This is awesome, I can't wait for more" This seems to be crap to everybody
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 176
12/3/2011 19:49:29   
Glais

Well then, consider this:how can they like the story if you quit?
DF MQ  Post #: 177
12/3/2011 19:54:50   
Mortarion

Then I ask you to consider this: How can they like it if it's always on the bottom?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 178
12/3/2011 20:09:45   
Glais

That's why you practice and get better. That's the whole point of critiques, you can assess what you're doing wrong and work on improving it.
DF MQ  Post #: 179
12/3/2011 20:11:07   
Mortarion

Okay…
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 180
12/3/2011 23:35:30   
lordkaho
Creative!

quote:

Again, it takes time.

Quoted for truth. It took me 2 years to get back to writing again.

You're fortunate Mortarion to even have people critique your work with actual helpful comments, compared to when I was new to writing that no one even bothered to read through my work.

If you are unsure of you work, sit down, relax and keep writing and brain storming on ideas. Read more material from professionals that you may learn from them.

< Message edited by lordkaho -- 12/3/2011 23:37:25 >
DF MQ  Post #: 181
12/4/2011 0:18:40   
Glais

quote:

Read more material from professionals that you may learn from them.

I suspect this'd help, it helps a lot with art, and art&writing seem to have a lot of parallels.
DF MQ  Post #: 182
12/4/2011 8:41:41   
Helixi

If you're really having trouble, there might be workshops running in the New Year. Description, Dialogue, etc. I think those would be incredibly helpful to you, Mortarion.
AQ DF  Post #: 183
12/4/2011 14:53:43   
TormentedDragon

quote:

Read more material from professionals that you may learn from them.

So very, very, very important. Writers who don't read can never improve the way they should. Writers need to be readers as well; in my opinion, writers need to be readers first, writers second.

Reading, you see, makes you expand - you learn new words, new concepts, new plots, new ideas. You learn how words work together from seeing it happen. Then you take all that experience, mix it all up within yourself, and put it all back out. The more you read, the more you can write, the better you can write.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 184
12/4/2011 15:59:29   
Mortarion

To all who tell me to read more: Tbh I read a lot, I once read a 500 pages book in one day, and what you say might be true, but it's more difficult in my case, as I have to take all of what I learn, transform it to english and hten aplly it, and during that process some things get mixed or go missing
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 185
12/4/2011 16:32:25   
lordkaho
Creative!

But is the book in english? It's better that you read it in english that you may directly assimilate the writing techniques without having to retranslate to your own native tongue. Besides, english isn't also my native language, so I understand your pain. If you are finding things a bit too difficult, and hard to continue, take some down time to get inspired. Writing should never be forced.
DF MQ  Post #: 186
12/4/2011 17:17:13   
Mortarion

I know I know, and te problem is that here, chile, english books are hard to find, I have been htinking of asking to a familiar tat is in Nort America to bring me some 40K books....
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 187
12/4/2011 17:31:16   
lordkaho
Creative!

What about online? That's where I found some Caiphas Cain soft copy novels. You just need to practice your google fu. Though reading hard copies are more comfortable since you can feel the pages.
DF MQ  Post #: 188
12/4/2011 17:33:34   
Mortarion

I know, luckily I am getting some online copies, I'll still try to get some harbook covers, but I msut think, I am tempted to buy some Lotr collection books
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 189
12/5/2011 11:42:54   
Varen6398
Friendly!, Constructive!
Creative!

Well Lord of the rings is a very advanced trilogy of books (half of it is made up) and is sophisticated with it's language. It will definitely improve your English if you read a book like it. Plus I know everything there is to know about Middle Earth, and am happy to see someone else who might read it.

< Message edited by Varen6398 -- 12/5/2011 11:43:35 >
DF  Post #: 190
12/5/2011 11:43:51   
Mortarion

Hehe, I have all the books about it, well all of the saga, but I have them in spanish
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 191
12/5/2011 13:47:28   
Helixi

Lord of the Rings will most definitely improve your vocabulary.
AQ DF  Post #: 192
12/5/2011 17:00:50   
Mortarion

I know, but I readed it in Spanish
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 193
12/29/2011 0:46:47   
Devastate

Mortarion: there are English translations too, several could be found all over the internet. ;)
Post #: 194
2/20/2012 14:39:26   
Elryn

Custodian (DF)

*Elryn waves*

Greetings Mortarion. Before I read your story, would you like to go over it for some of that proofreading need done or should I go ahead?
AQ  Post #: 195
3/31/2012 20:46:02   
Mortarion

Please do it, and thanks. So I will be going on hiatus for two reasons, well three.

1) Working on my own world, The Tower of Remembrance (check it)

2) Going to update this, expect 90% more grimdarkness with 10% improved grammar :D

3) This year at school is really difficult, lot's of tests
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 196
3/31/2012 20:52:32   
Glais

Good to hear you haven't dropped this then, it was starting to become intriguing.

So basically, you'll be busy for a bit before you can start though, eh oh well, that's life.
DF MQ  Post #: 197
3/31/2012 20:55:56   
Mortarion

yup, luckily, next week I'll be able to relax, oh I forgot to add, next part will include corruption, morale decadence, will feature a lot of barbaric concepts, such as cannibalistic ritual, and you might be seeing Glaius appear from time to time. Also Glai, care to see the Tower of Remembrance?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 198
3/31/2012 21:00:07   
Glais

Gladius (or well, i was assuming Glaius is a typo since it's close to Gladius) was a DF request? I had no idea, should be cool to see him in the story then.

And I've been checking Tower of Remembrance.
DF MQ  Post #: 199
3/31/2012 21:08:01   
Mortarion

Thanks, and wel, SPOILER TIME:
spoiler:

You could say that Gladius is the man behind the scene, he has manipulated Malorum and Mortaron to achieve one of his goals, he is also the master of the spirit that follows Mortarion is a subordinate of Gladius
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: Mortarion's collection of tomes
Page 8 of 9«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition