Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

UN-used Names

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> UN-used Names
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/28/2011 17:21:39   
hardcore59

there are alot of peopleon this game that don't even play. Most of the time there is someone like this that has a name that you want.

I was think that ED should delete the players who haven't been playing for moree than a year...wadda you think
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
2/28/2011 17:29:10   
8x

AQW has a lot of accounts like that and they don't delete them, so I don't see why ED should delete them.
Epic  Post #: 2
2/28/2011 17:54:07   
voidance

The dev's have told players many times that the reason you cant deleat a account is so if you want to come back your account will always be there, so deleating them would make a lier out of the dev's.
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
2/28/2011 19:27:45   
eragonshadeslayer67

I would support it, but deleting the accounts would be detrimental for ED because players would be furious

and lol ironically my top names are taken by a lv 1 and a lv 2 and a lv 3 bounty hunter

< Message edited by eragonshadeslayer67 -- 2/28/2011 19:38:22 >

{AQW} Click for full guide to the Tower of NEcromancy! Lvs 0-10!!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 4
2/28/2011 19:35:45   
x666satan666x

yes deleting accounts would cause problems, but an easy way to bypass that would be to take there name away and if they ever log back in they would have a free name change with a side note saying you've lost your name after 1 year+ in-activeness. exp, class, items wouldnt change just name since we assumed they would never come back
Epic  Post #: 5
2/28/2011 19:39:38   
eragonshadeslayer67

^that may bypass the deletion but what if the person wanted to keep their name? and 1 year isn't enough time to determine if the person truly quits or if their just taking a rest form epicduel
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 6
3/1/2011 2:36:22   
hardcore59

why would they get furious, they'r mostly lel lvl 1 or up to 5 and you cang et to lvl 5 in like an hour
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 7
3/1/2011 9:20:13   
8x

^A lot of those lvls 1 are Alphas, and some are also Betas.
Epic  Post #: 8
3/1/2011 10:04:44   
voidance

Just deal with it. There is million's of names out there.

Edited out parts of it. ~Mecha

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 3/3/2011 17:01:24 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
3/1/2011 20:45:24   
ED Prince of Shadows

This is an unfair idea IMO

Example: Shaniqua left ED to join the Peace Corps. When she returns (we all hope) she will either find her name taken or her entire account deleted! This is fair to one of the nicest, best players how? What happens to the fool that parades around using her name? It's easy to lie about who you are and people will become outraged they can no longer use their character! Other then that, why not? (Other then that, Mrs/Ms. Lincoln, how was the play?)

Edit out parts of it. ~Mecha

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 3/3/2011 17:03:50 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
3/1/2011 22:57:24   
PlungerMistress

I think that instead of deleting the accounts without notice, they should get an email like a few weeks before their account is supposed to deleted saying that if they do not log in their account will be deleted. Or they can just have their name changed to something random and can have a one-time free name change if they come back.
Post #: 11
3/2/2011 5:25:15   
hardcore59

@plunger Mistress i guess that would work too

Edit out parts of it. ~Mecha

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 3/3/2011 17:05:18 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 12
3/2/2011 16:35:44   
Competition

Does names really matter? Does it make you better in any way?
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 13
3/2/2011 16:42:15   
hardcore59

yes, givs me strength
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 14
3/3/2011 16:56:15   
  Nightwraith

There is an issue of low level (1-5) accounts that pile up, taking up space and available names. Chances are, someone who fought 3 battles and hasn't logged in in a year is not coming back. I'm not sure if deleting them is the best solution, but it is an issue we're aware of and trying to solve.

IF we did delete inactive accounts, we would likely only delete characters below a certain level (5 or less) who haven't played in a year. High level accounts would be perfectly safe. Another solution could be to rename all the accounts to a random string of characters to free up the names, but the issue of database space would still be an issue.
Post #: 15
3/3/2011 17:11:35   
Mecha Mario
Mechanized Plumber

Just had to delete some posts, remember to keep it civil everyone. No need to flame each other over this.

Nightwraith has commented on the issue above this post . So, check it out if you want.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
3/3/2011 17:12:56   
Nailboss

characters level 10 or lower with no varium or rare items/achievements should be deleted after a year of not logging on. everyone else should just get left as they are. this is fair way to do it, it frees up server space without disappointing anyone because they close something they cant get easily. to get to level 10 takes like, less than a day... (i know, i started a new character on last sunday, and today, thursday, already lv25, almost 26, without varium... so leveling is easy)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
3/3/2011 20:08:40   
veneeria

Nightwraith: I'd take the second option, perhaps rename then to a name with a "special" and impossible to use ingame "Font Character" with a random number in front of it.
This way some of the old alphas can still come back, without worrying about anything.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
3/4/2011 4:54:56   
B345T

Why not change their name to Something along the lines of "Deleted-12423" and so on.
Then if they DO come back, give them a free name change?
Though I guess that would take a lot of coding and probably cause bigger Issie than not having your favorite name.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
3/4/2011 4:59:13   
charwelly

I wouldn't delete then just give them names like player 1 player 2 and so on

Retired Again.
AQW Epic  Post #: 20
3/18/2011 5:47:04   
jegaggin

and then when they log in they can rename their player again
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> UN-used Names
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition