Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(AQ/DF) Legacy of Blood

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> (AQ/DF) Legacy of Blood
Page 1 of 1112345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/2/2011 17:29:38   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

Here you may comment, criticize and share your other thoughts about my story "Legacy of Blood" and other works.

Legacy of Blood: This is my longest AE-related story and it is about my character's background story though not all of it. In fact, one thing often leads to another and so it is with this story. You will see things happen because of what others do. It also features a number of other forumnites, sometimes a full character and at other times just a mere reference you may not always catch.

(You may at times find references to my other works.)

quote:

Blood .... it flows freely from the many wars mortals and immortals alike have wrougth upon this world be it for riches, love or power. Yet sometimes, blood is shed for the sake of blood itself.

Discover ....

The Legacy of Blood

If you like reading about the following you may enjoy this story: Brihaldo, Clawkin, Dragons, Elani, Elementals, Fairies, Frogzards, Furies, Gnomes, Humans, Kruath'ri, Sneevils, Ulgathi, Vartai, Vurrmen and undead.

Supporters for bonus chapter (XV): AD, C, gl, lk, M, M, R, SR/10

The Three Pillars of Swordhaven: This story is about a clan, one of the first and most prominent clans DragonFable has ever known. This story describes the founding of their pillars. I aimed to root their existence deep into the existing lore and any feedback on this would be most welcome.

Creation: A short story of how I interpret the creation of the universes of AdventureQuest, DragonFable and MechQuest.

< Message edited by Dwelling Dragonlord -- 5/20/2013 13:57:07 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 1
3/4/2011 16:32:24   
Mritha
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Very nice! The lecture about the sneevils was very interesting :) I didn't see any spelling/grammer mistakes, so your good there.
quote:

"I have located them."

*gets a comfy chair and waits*
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 2
3/4/2011 16:39:58   
Mortarion

Nice story you maked me end really intrested, but how is an undead dravir control over himself aren't they controled by necromancers or deathknight, or whatever created them?

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
3/4/2011 16:55:04   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

@Mritha: The idea of the lectures on monsters came to me as in practically all fiction we see the protagonist gets trained in the ways of the sword and/or magic (which is also the case here), yet never on the culture of their enemy.

quote:

*gets a comfy chair and waits*

As for the conclusion on that, I hope you have a lot of patience for it will take roughly 6 years (in the story) before we get to that.

@Delex: He's a lich, a necromancer who choose to become undead as a means to become immortal.

Btw, I'm a second runner-up for the AQ Quest Writing contest. Woohoo!

< Message edited by Dwelling Dragonlord -- 3/4/2011 16:56:18 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 4
3/4/2011 16:58:35   
Mortarion

Nice and ok, so he is a dravir necromancer, who became a lich, ok
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
3/5/2011 11:37:55   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

CHAPTER II is live.

Spoiler for a coming update? Dice Roll: FAIL
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 6
3/5/2011 11:48:43   
Mortarion

Read new chapter, one word, AWESOME
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
3/5/2011 12:13:49   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

Glad you liked it.

Say, I've been wondering if I should display the protagonists' hp/mp. What do you think?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 8
3/5/2011 12:32:46   
Mortarion

No, shoudn't display it, but you could say something like this is, "body was covered in cuts, it was obvious that he was powerfull"
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
3/5/2011 12:42:09   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

Hehe, our protagonist isn't there quite yet.

I'm currently standing on a crossroads, either I continue the player story of Dragonfable or I continue to branch off to the NPC version of my character. This choice will affect a lot of things. Until now the roads were joined, but very soon there will be a world of difference in story depending on which path I take.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 10
3/5/2011 12:45:07   
Mortarion

Hmm, take your time, and if you can't choose throw a money in the air
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
3/7/2011 21:12:28   
Mritha

Hmm.... I always though the clawkin wanderers were female, but I like how you pointed out that only one of each gender was ever seen.
quote:

The boy shook his hand. "Azer."

We learned his name! :D
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 12
3/7/2011 23:58:40   
superjars

Interesting start to a story. There's some grammar problems and some flow issues, but overall I'm liking it so far.

I'm always about branching off and moving towards uncharted territory, so that'd be my vote for your direction. Keep up the good work.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
3/8/2011 6:09:52   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

quote:

We learned his name! :D

@Mritha: Of course, that was his name from the start. Go fight me in PvP and you'll see.

As for the Clawkin wanderer, you know they've got this hair hanging in front of their nose? Initially I thought it was their nose.
I blame it on the small setting in which I play Dragonfable. As for the story, let's just say that they're busy with doing motherly things in the area where to protagonist lives and it's a local culture which differs from the rest of Lore. Or perhaps in 6 years time females rise to power and let the men take care of the kids instead?
Noticed how much female monsters they cramped into one area then though? (Reen's Reagent Search)
FACT: The entry for the Clawkin Wanderer suggests it's male though.

@superjars: Hm, yeah it needs some adjusting. Please note that I'm writing this in English (UK) though.

Now, would you rather want me to continue this story as a player character or as an NPC?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 14
3/12/2011 9:14:55   
Highlord Sendai

Read the first chapter, and loved it. Going on to read the rest later. Although, was that "high lord" part referencing me?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 15
3/12/2011 9:18:10   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

@Highlord Sendai: Yes. It's so easy to misinterpreted the meaning of old documents, is it not?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 16
4/12/2011 17:41:55   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

CHAPTER III: "Green equals Luck"
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 17
4/12/2011 19:29:52   
Mritha

Ahhh thats what that meant lol

quote:

ready to counterattack if needed. A knights came from within the bandit camp.

Should be knight.

The chopchop runs on carrot juice? hahahaha! Thats kinda cool But how was the boveox able to pull the chopchop? Did it have wheels?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 18
4/13/2011 4:27:57   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

@Mritha: Fixed.

As for your second question, I added that to the story. Suffice to say for now that Kruath'ri "chopchops" which Doc fashioned his own after don't have wheels. They just lift into the sky and could be considered to be jetpack-chairs. Doc's chopchop is a little bit bigger than that though.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 19
4/13/2011 13:08:52   
Shadow Ravena
Paladin of Shadows

...chopchop? seriously?
good story, but one question: how does azul (if thats his name, i forget) know human languge? did the draviars teach it to him?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 20
4/13/2011 14:10:49   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

@tigerlady48: I blame orcish dialect.

As for the human language, the dravir mage taught him many languages. He can speak human, draconic, elani, ulgathi, dwarvish, tusker, killguin, ursice and blink among others. Don't forget he was trained as a scholar.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 21
4/19/2011 17:39:46   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

CHAPTER IV: "Business as Ulgathi"
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 22
4/22/2011 11:18:40   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

CHAPTER V: "On Dragons and Dangers"
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 23
4/22/2011 13:57:11   
Shadow Ravena
Paladin of Shadows

Hmm, the plot thickens. So, what azul and the orc are looking for is related to akilore? (spelled wrong)
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 24
4/22/2011 14:13:59   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

@tigerlady48: In a way, yes. Although probably not how you think he is.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> (AQ/DF) Legacy of Blood
Page 1 of 1112345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition