Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

!!!!! Shadow Arts, Passive? WHY? !!!!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> !!!!! Shadow Arts, Passive? WHY? !!!!!
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/3/2011 17:43:00   
Larcell

Should Shadow Arts should NOT be passive. I think if it is stripped from being passive it will no longer be OP. It'll will still be good, but not OP.

Shadows Arts is pretty nice, I would admit. But there is already another skill that increases the chance to block....anyone heard of Reflex Boost? If a skill like that already exists, I don't see the need for a Passive skill that does the same thing.

What do you guys think?

< Message edited by Larcell -- 3/3/2011 17:53:18 >

Epic  Post #: 1
3/3/2011 17:48:07   
Nailboss

there is nothing wrong with shadow arts since it doesn't let you raise block above the 45% cap anyway, and when you get smoked, you're most likely hitting the cap before SA even gets factored in. if people want to waste 10 whole stat points for a 10% block chance that doesnt even come into play very often, then i don't see why you're complaining about it... that 10 stat points could be used for a 40-energy emp instead which would be far more powerful...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
3/3/2011 17:49:18   
InceptionAE

u kno the sad thing bout this forum is that there is no free speech.. cuz right now i would be swearing the hell out of it!

shadow arts is not op sure, passive what big deal will it do? the ED team knows that bounties are a NOOB class so they make em a little op.. the only way to beat bounties as mage, just get high support and put on defense matrix, for us mercs just get high or descent supp and inti them, they lose their str, they will debuff and u debuff their smoke. weakened. next just do energy dmg unless theyre strong on resistance. Besides Bh's and reflex boost dont do "crap" all it does is increase dex, if u meet a bh just strike ure way.. dont bother gun or aux. wait for a rage on the gun/aux then finish it cuz its highly likely that the first thing BH will do is emp u then put on reflex. which is another OP Fail. +5 Builds on mercs could pwn BH easily. BH with +5 = more blocks but weakened heart lol.

anyways, i would never say shadow is OP its just another NOOB skill..

Im done. Im out.

- PEACE!

< Message edited by DungeonHunter -- 3/3/2011 17:52:26 >

ED~ Inception X
HS~ Chromium
AQW~ Deathblad
AQ3D~ Violent

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
3/3/2011 17:50:05   
Larcell

I'm wondering why it's passive? There is already another skill that increases the chance to block. Why do you need 2?
Epic  Post #: 4
3/3/2011 17:55:59   
InceptionAE

Because Hunters r suppose to use their shields.. but ED team decided they should make 2 skills to make bounty class a little more stronger..

the whole time ive only heard of new items and balance improvements. if they cared bout balance would they make hybrid armor use for only lvl 5? like seriously the noob lvl's r being pwned..

from lvl 2-25 merc is pwnage...
thats something ED must care bout balance but i dont see how 2 skills that both increase block chance do anything. if you look at all the emperors and commander (sometimes warlords) bounty hunters, theyre smart by putting in lvl 2 shadow cuz if u already have reflex doing the blocking work, and ppl listen to this, A WHAT A 10-15% ENERGY CONVERSION! why would u need shadow arts?

Btw can any1 see if the block chance is cracked? cuz it seems all the classes block more then any1.

Now im done?

Signature removed. You may only use signature Once per page in the EpicDuel General Discussion forum.

Please read the rules of any forum before posting.

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=17051241

Do not Spam.
  • Signature overuse - no more than once (1) per page within a thread. ~AVA

< Message edited by AVA -- 3/3/2011 18:17:46 >
  • AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
    3/3/2011 18:20:04   
    IsaiahtheMage

Dude your a STR merc arent you?Just stop it plz SA is just a 10% chance to block and stun it was NEVER Oped.Reflex Boost just raises dex and it doesnt last forever stop complaing there is nothing wrong with SA.

@Nailboss Yes it does.Sa does go over the block cap the mods have confirmed it.

@DungeonHunter BH are noobs?Are you serious?Dude I have a freind named Zean Zapple and I bet he can pwn you mercilessly he is a BH and is lvl 32 varium beast.He will show what BHs can really do.
    AQW Epic  Post #: 6
    3/3/2011 19:25:37   
    InceptionAE

@Above really? u'd rather bring your friend to fight me then ureself? lol pathetic. besides the only Bh's i lose too is the ones that have 110+30 str and its only sometimes i lose to them..

< Message edited by DungeonHunter -- 3/3/2011 19:26:21 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
    3/3/2011 19:50:17   
    IsaiahtheMage

@Above Its because my BH is only lvl 27 and isnt some varium beast thats why.Dont suggest anything about me being pathetic.All that is is a sign of trying to flame me.Well then the ones you met mustve not been that strong.
    AQW Epic  Post #: 8
    3/3/2011 20:03:17   
    Atomic garden

MAKE SA NON-PASSIVE

I cant stand it

im a str mage (DONT HATE or i will BLUDGEON YOU TO DEATH)
    Post #: 9
    3/3/2011 21:25:00   
    truc

Well Mages are UP, underpowered.
    Bounties are annoying due to high strength high health high damage not to forget a powerful massacre and alot of blocks from SA which is OP.
    Mercenaries on the other hand are average and don't get me upset, only when they have a stun build with high str.

My opinions:
    Boost technician for one more turn to even it.
    Make 60+ strength, subtract -2 on defense and technology-- add another - 1 every 10 more strength added.
    Shadow arts is awfully helpful so it should be energy required, and last 5 turns for 10 energy.

At level one it should be one energy, at level 2, 2 energy. REPETITIVE.

Epic  Post #: 10
    3/3/2011 21:42:29   
    Anar

Lol, SA seems OP, but it's not. Sure, I lost to some BHs, when I needed just 1 more hit and they blocked. But, it's not OPed. And btw, I use a TM and I'm only level 30, and I beat 60% of the 32s I encounter. TM's are not UP, you just have to know how to use them. Just stop crying about SA, it's useless. It makes you look bad. No offense. I'm sure, your a decent, smart human being. So, just, GOML.
    DF  Post #: 11
    3/3/2011 22:32:46   
    Larcell

@Isaiah, for your information, I'm not a strength merc....I'm a +5 focus merc.

@Atomic, yes it should be passive. There is already a skill that helps their block; they don't need 2, moreover, one that is passive.

@Anar, TM's are UP. Everyone knows that....Besides, this is a discussion. If I see a problem, I have the freedom to express my viewpoint. Duh.

< Message edited by Larcell -- 3/3/2011 22:34:39 >
    Epic  Post #: 12
    3/3/2011 23:29:09   
    Luna_moonraider

Lolz another thread bout SA. hmm well SA is a very useful tool for bh it is not that oped cause most bh dun max it anymore and remember it has a support requirement. it is simple to counter sa just spam unblockables at the bh which have max sa or high sa. de buff their smoke if they smoke you. for varium people it is easy to counter sa cause the got strong guns and aux. and also robots. all i see is the varium people complaining bout sa. Remember non var do not have strong guns and aux. our strongest aux is the xmas aux and the stats requirements forces u to use a str build. SA helps the non varium bh. without SA the non varium bh would be easy meat in 1v1 and 2v2. recently i have seen a vid of a full var tech mage wif azreal bane trashing str bh and str merc with ease mages are certainly no Under powered.

AQW Epic  Post #: 13
    3/4/2011 1:16:13   
    charwelly

Yep make it not passive we got a move that was't passive and they get a move that makes then super good

Retired Again.
    AQW Epic  Post #: 14
    3/4/2011 1:22:52   
    K.Raza

^Hahahahaha because you had a passive skill taken away? Well Bh's are different then Mercs just because it happened to you doesn't mean it happens to us.

!!!!! Hybrid Armor, Passive? WHY? !!!!!

Btw SA is passive cuz we BH's said SO!

~Raza~
    AQW Epic  Post #: 15
    3/4/2011 3:10:04   
    Nebula

If Shadow Arts wasn't passive no one would use it, it would just waste an entire turn when there are unblockables. Bounty Hunters would block almost as often, just a 1 - 10% less chance to block. It isn't OP, its just a scapegoat for people to accuse BHs of being op.
    Post #: 16
    3/4/2011 4:20:04   
    Silver Sky Magician

I think it's mostly a skill for non-varium bounty hunters, which are pretty much at the bottom of the food chain, to get a better fighting chance. However it obviously gets put to equal or better use by varium bounty hunters. And since Shadow Arts improves chance to block, everyone attributes bounty hunter blocks to it.

However I fail to see how this affects any class much but bounty hunters: bounty hunters are the class that uses blockable attacks the most. Strength mercs are impacted, but the other merc builds are barely touched. Mages usually don't use blockable skills, unless you count assimilation, which still works admirably. Likewise strength mercs can still thrive, even though they are generally weaker against bounty hunters as their strategy depends on luck.

Off topic: I am astonished that DungeonHunter can say 'I'm out' at least one month ago (if I remember correctly it should be since December) and still come back to comment.
    Post #: 17
    3/4/2011 7:00:43   
    Larcell

@K. Raza

Haha. Mercs don't have 2 skills that increase their defenses....

Mercs would be in the same boat if they made Blood Shield passive...
    Epic  Post #: 18
    3/4/2011 7:13:38   
    ZirakogluED

Wow,More hating on Bountys now *rolls eyes*
    ~Z
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
    3/4/2011 7:14:57   
    Deadly PoisoN
    Banned!

Gosh,hate it when the children on here type !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!It just adds to the childish dimension on this forum already and speaks volumes about the individual.Can't really take the OP seriously,but anyway...Iv'e said this probably 10 times,no shadow arts is not overpowered,when will the people with decent capacity up there stand up and say it with me?

There's a ton of other things to go call overpowered,shadow arts is 10% chance to a block and stun at max.It isn't like buster bunker that ignores defense and crits like hell and can be abused by any merc.Give me mathematical evidence that shadow arts is very overpowered,please show me on here...

Stage your own small calculation for me,if you can't do that then you're one of the 100s of whiny children on here that don't know what they're talking about.
    AQ Epic  Post #: 20
    3/4/2011 7:19:33   
    ZirakogluED

@Above
    +1
    ~Z

Signature removed. You may only use signature Once per page.

Please read the rules of any forum before posting.

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=17051241

Do not Spam.
  • Signature overuse - no more than once (1) per page within a thread. ~AVA

< Message edited by AVA -- 3/4/2011 13:40:11 >
  • AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
    3/4/2011 9:53:07   
    Larcell

Glad to see everyone's opinion on this. There are a lot of people who think it's NOT OP. A few of us think there should be changes to SH.

REQUESTING LOCK.
    Epic  Post #: 22
    3/4/2011 11:51:27   
    voidance

@Luna_moonraider
    Thats easy for you to say since your a support merc that only uses 2 moves.
    AQW Epic  Post #: 23
    3/4/2011 14:03:11   
    Cinderella
    Always a Princess

Some of the questions about Shadow Arts are Titan questions, and I'm afraid can't be answered right away. Since it was requested, and I hate to see my forumites getting nasty with one another, *lock*

Battle One!
    Cinderella
    Post #: 24
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> !!!!! Shadow Arts, Passive? WHY? !!!!!
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition