Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The Official Quotes Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> RE: The Official Quotes Thread
Page 5 of 10«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/31/2011 13:34:14   
frogger3456

quote:

"I have 3 kids and no money. Why can't I have no kids and 3 money?"

Homer Simpson

quote:

"Little kids use it, and so do I"
(referring to amazing smelling toddler shampooXD"
My friend.
DF AQW  Post #: 101
8/8/2011 9:27:33   
Wildroses
A beautiful Rose,
always and forever

quote:

When you play the Game of Thrones with a Dragon, you just get eaten.

~A guy who calls himself DragonHungry in a forum devoted to discussing George R.R. Martin's series: "A Song of Ice and Fire." You probably have to have either read the books or watched A Game of Thrones to find it funny though, but still, I did like it.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 102
8/11/2011 11:18:30   
doomshire2

It's all in the sig :P.

Teamwork is always a great idea. it gives other people
to shoot at~COD4

YOU BE TROLLIN.
AQW  Post #: 103
8/16/2011 0:34:29   
Master K

quote:

"Missing something is what makes it a good memory."

~Theresa Russo, Wizards Of Waverly Place

quote:

"Never look down on someone unless your helping them up."

~Unknown

quote:

"Don't trust a person who has broken faith once."

~William Shakespeare

quote:

"In much wisdom is much grief; and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow."

~The Bible
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 104
8/31/2011 0:42:59   
Anon Y. Mous
Creative!

quote:

Our school district should fire some teachers so we have money for new textbooks.

my best friend exercising man's greatest gifts: logic and irony
DF  Post #: 105
9/6/2011 19:51:43   
Xplayer
Roaming the Web

quote:

That was just a joke. That should go without saying, but I've learned since entering high school that some people have to be told that something's a joke...You should draw a clear line between jest and earnestness. Or else you'll run the risk of suffering an unpleasant experience.

~Kyon from The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya

I don't actually remember this quote being in the anime, but I found it hilariously true.
AQ AQW  Post #: 106
9/23/2011 17:31:55   
Xatu

quote:

Does anybody actually read these?

~Unknown

(Me)
Post #: 107
9/25/2011 2:22:55   
Wildroses
A beautiful Rose,
always and forever

quote:

A few years ago George Lucas made and ate a sandwich. To this day he's still throwing pepper and mayonnaise down his throat to 'improve' it.

Phil Smith, The Imaginary Review.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 108
9/25/2011 3:23:59   
Womba

quote:

I don't ever recall calling myself a Hero. I have always fought for those I believe in. I won't hesitate, if an enemy appears in front of me... I WILL DESTROY IT!!

Zero from MMZ4... It's become one of my favorite quotes.... ever.
DF AQW  Post #: 109
9/29/2011 8:51:20   
04intel

quote:

"Compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor shrink to insignificance."

- General George S. Patton
Wise words on war in my opinon.

quote:

"What is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? What is a thought, compared to the mind? Our unity is full of wonder, which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive."

- The Many, System Shock 2

quote:

"Tell people something they know already and they will thank you. Tell them something new and they will hate you for it."

- George Monbiot

quote:

"Peace is enforced at the point of a gun."

- Me

quote:

"Man has a love for fire. Napalm, white phosphorus, promethium, oil, gasoline, meltas, plasmas, firestorms, incendiaries, firepower, fireline, flamethrower, fireteam, firefighter, the flames of war, fire, fire, fire. What else could be said to have benefited as much from man as fire? What other element has been defended, nursed, tutored, fed, and loved more than fire? Our cities, our books, our people, our enemies, our friends, our dead, our living, our greatest works and most heinous feats; all of them, fed to the ever hungry flames, and there it is. Years of brilliant minds worked on that one. For warfare, for country, for humanity? No. We wanted to see what fire, raw unchained flame, could do."

- Inquisitor Madek Warhammer 40k

< Message edited by 04intel -- 11/25/2011 13:01:52 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 110
10/1/2011 22:28:50   

quote:

All of this could've been avoided if they had only been able to express their feelings for one another. What causes us to build walls around our hearts? underneath their tough exteriors, love was waiting like a shy child to speak out but it never got its chance.

~Case Closed.

quote:

"It's better trusting someone than to die doubting people altogether"

~Case Closed

quote:

"Some people are not only in our heart but they are in every breath we take."

~Case Closed

quote:

"Justice isn't something you can just Proclaim.... it's a Feeling You should Keep near Your HEART.."

~Case Closed

quote:

Theories aren't about winning or losing, it is not a matter of
better or worse. In every case, one truth prevails"

~Case Closed

quote:

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth."

~Sherlock Holmes

< Message edited by BurningKatana -- 10/1/2011 22:29:22 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 111
10/2/2011 22:05:33   
Dragon_Koopa

quote:

"He who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day!"

Not the true person who said it, but Gunnar Flay(Damm) from Mana Khemia:Alchemists of Al-Revis...

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 112
10/26/2011 18:56:34   
Einwill

quote:

There are some books that make you smarter if you do not read them.

I have no idea of the origins, but it is a quote I find true. Some books are not worth to be read, and only litter your brain with unnecessary information.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 113
11/18/2011 3:09:42   
sean.2
My life for Aiur

quote:

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

Truth, plain and simple :D
Post #: 114
11/18/2011 3:41:21   
Elryn

Custodian (DF)

A few warmonger quotes

quote:

I shall fight... Even if I must drag my body across the battlefield.

~ The Mystical Warrior

quote:

For a warmonger, there is no such thing as boredom, only more battles.

~A Warmonger

quote:

No matter the odds, some would simply not fall. They were called the warmongers.

~ Oral Lorian Tradition
AQ  Post #: 115
11/18/2011 6:20:49   
lordkaho
Creative!

quote:

I...I love machines. Machines don't betray people. ~ Noel Kannagi, Sora No Woto
DF MQ  Post #: 116
11/25/2011 17:25:03   
Sir Nicholas

quote:

The Riders gazed up at Théoden like men startled out of a dream. Harsh as an old raven’s their master’s voice sounded in their ears after the music of Saruman. But Saruman for a while was beside himself with wrath. He leaned over the rail as if he would smite the King with his staff. To some suddenly it seemed that they saw a snake coiling itself to strike.

‘Gibbets and crows!’ he hissed, and they shuddered at the hideous change. ‘Dotard! What is the house of Eorl but a thatched barn where brigands drink in the reek, and their brats roll on the floor among the dogs. Too long have they escaped the gibbet themselves. But the noose comes, slow in the drawing, tight and hard in the end. Hang if you will!’
From The Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers, Chapter - The Voice of Saruman.

quote:

'Hinder me? Thou fool. No living man may hinder me!'
The Witch King of Angmar - moments before his death at the hands of a woman and a hobbit. From Return of the King.
AQ  Post #: 117
1/16/2012 23:22:28   
Xplayer
Roaming the Web

I've been finding some pretty good quotes recently.

quote:

"I think making your audience experience an emotional reaction is the core of good storytelling, and you can’t evoke emotion without likable, relatable characters."

~Lauren Faust, former executive producer of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, in an interview with Equestria Daily

quote:

"If you can dream it, you can do it."

quote:

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up anyway."

~ Walt Disney, arguably the greatest animation director who ever lived.

quote:

"Today will never come back once it's gone. That's why you're obligated to live every day to the fullest so you have no regrets. I'm determined to make every single day of my life unforgetable."

~Haruhi Suzumiya from The Rampage of Haruhi Suzumiya short story "Snowy Mountain Syndrome"

quote:

"No matter how obvious you make a satire, someone will think you are being serious."

~Dr. Thomas Woods, historian
AQ AQW  Post #: 118
1/16/2012 23:25:57   
Tribal_bob

quote:

Life is about not knowing whats ahead

-Me

quote:

I'm busy right now, can I ignore you some other time?

-Anonymous
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 119
1/17/2012 9:22:13   
Brownie

quote:

If a man dedicates his life to good deeds and the wellfare of others, he will die unthanked and unremembered. If a man dedicates his life to bringing misery and death to billions, his name will echo down through the millennia for a hundred lifetimes. Infamy is always prefereable to ignominy.

~Fabius Bile (Warhammer 40k)

A quote that has truth to it. Just look at men like Hitler and Stalin. Both caused widespread killing and yet their names resound throughout society. Whereas all of the people who are selflessly helping others in need, die and are remembered only until those who they helped die, when they become only remembered by family.
Whether being infamous is preferable to being unknown, is up for debate.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 120
1/17/2012 16:33:02   
Garazza

quote:

if you want it done, you do it yourself

my personal philosophy...
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 121
1/19/2012 3:21:35   
Sir Nicholas

quote:

The purpose of doing good is not for fame or wealth. Its not for a good feeling, (but that sometimes helps) or for the recognition that it gets you. Doing good for the singular purpose of creating a better world - of making the lives of a greater number of people better, is an end in itself. I don't care if I'm to die alone, unrecognized and a pariah - so long as I leave behind a better world than the one I entered.

Me - my views and my personal answer to Fabius Bile's quote. (See above)

quote:

I'm in no hurry to meet death, but I'm against immortality. Thing is, death and I are actually pretty chummy. He's really not such a bad fellow, once you get to know him. He actually does a pretty good job when it comes to ending people's suffering.
Also by me.

quote:

Behind every great man is a great woman - but the man and woman should stand side-by-side.
Katherine Bishop.

quote:

Look at yourself. Boo hoo! "Daddy was mean to me, so I'm going to smash up all his toys." Look at yourself. Play the victim all you want, but you and me - we know the truth: Dad loved you best. More than Michael, more than me. Then He brought the new baby home and you couldn't handle it. This whole thing is one big temper tantrum.
Archangel Gabriel, Supernatural.
AQ  Post #: 122
1/25/2012 15:43:18   
Stabilis

quote:

I won't blame it on you, for I have brought upon my own suffering. However, for as long I hold that grudge and fall to my own lusts, I am no better man but better shall I become in time... when I grow up and overcome my own vices. For only in solitude, or being away from you, can I then relinquish all doubts that I am my own man and I will make a difference.

~depressive little me (me).
AQ Epic  Post #: 123
1/25/2012 16:02:09   
random fun 12

quote:

The Aliens finally gave us a message to let us know they exist. We called it Dubstep and danced to it.
DF AQW  Post #: 124
1/25/2012 16:04:33   
draketh99
Purple Armadillo

quote:

Marriage is like a deck of cards. In the beginning, all you need are two hearts and a diamond. Sooner or later though, you end up wishing you had a club and a spade

~Author Unknown

quote:

Success is my only other option, failure's not.

~Eminem
DF  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> RE: The Official Quotes Thread
Page 5 of 10«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition