Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

The ED Battle Mechanics Spreadsheet!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> The ED Battle Mechanics Spreadsheet!
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/12/2011 1:21:49   
PD

Hello Fellow Duelists!

Today I present you the ED Battle Mechanics Spreadsheet! This handy Spreadsheet will help you win more fights, as you'll be able to know just HOW much you enemy will be doing in ALL Cases (For all normal, rage, and Critical attacks), AND you'll be able to see just how much luck factors your enemy has. After all, you would agree with me when I say that knowing that your enemy will have a 20% Crit Chance, 15% Deflect Chance, 2 turns left for rage, a 40% Block Chance, and 30% Stun chance is pretty useful and can help you make the right decisions to win. Simply, I call this the next evolution of ED Battle Tactics. Together with use of the Compendium and the ED Wiki, you'll have a HUGE statistical advantage against ANYONE you face (Except for the Staff lol).

This spreadsheet includes...

• Damage Calculation including Skills that ignore defense, increase defense, and other skills that are based off of %'s.
  • Battle Record Calculations to instantly get your Win and Loss Rates.
  • Crit Chance Calculations to deduce the enemy and your chance to crit during battle.
  • Block Chance Calculators to show you just how risky it is to use a normal strike instead of using your unblockables.
  • Stun Calculators to show your and the enemy's chances to get stunned
  • Rage Calculators to not only show how much rage points you need to be able to use an attack with Rage, but also see how much rage points you got that turn.
  • And Finally... Deflect Calculators to show how the chances of you and your enemy deflecting Gun and Auxillary attacks

The Spreadsheet is in a Google Document. The Link to the Public version is here: Link to the Spreadsheet

I have set it to be View-Only. In order to use this, you must download it as an Excel Sheet to your computer. To do that, on the Document, go to File -> Download as -> Excel. This will make it so you can turn it into an excel that. Once you do that, I recommend saving it to your computer for future usage.

Feel free to post comments and give corrections. I need a lot of feedback to make this the best it can be.

P.S: I still need to get the Stat Values and the First Strike Chance Formulas. If anyone knows them, please pm them to me. Thank you!
    P.S.S: The ED Forum Rules don't really elaborate on things on this, so please move this to the correct section if needed.

< Message edited by PD -- 3/12/2011 1:26:19 >
  • Post #: 1
    3/12/2011 7:15:52   
    King FrostLich

Ahh, the simple statistics in this game. I know alot of this though but it's gonna take alot of time for me to pile up my info.
    Epic  Post #: 2
    3/12/2011 8:34:35   
    Billybunz

woo cool :D

E.Hero Sparkman-Epicduel
    Sparking Disaster-Epicduel
    Ash Dragonblade-Dragonfable
    Fireball-Mechquest
    Bill Zhang-AQW
    Post #: 3
    3/12/2011 8:44:56   
    Snaipera

For some reason , I Cannot fill the orange fields in . That's a shame ,this thing looks beast . Well done !!
    AQW Epic  Post #: 4
    3/12/2011 11:14:21   
    Luna_moonraider

wow nice spreed sheet. it be great if u can fill up the orange boxes i really wat to know how much in average my atom smasher does.(i already know but just wnat to see if your calculation is correct)
    AQW Epic  Post #: 5
    3/12/2011 14:19:03   
    PD

quote:

I have set it to be View-Only. In order to use this, you must download it as an Excel Sheet to your computer. To do that, on the Document, go to File -> Download as -> Excel. This will make it so you can turn it into an excel that. Once you do that, I recommend saving it to your computer for future usage.

That quote addresses the reasons why you can not edit the boxes. You have to download it first

EDITL If you still cannot fill in the orange boxes after you download it, please tell me. I might need to upload it in another location if that's the case.

< Message edited by PD -- 3/12/2011 18:15:15 >
    Post #: 6
    3/12/2011 19:35:25   
    Giras Wolfe

Cool, thanks for posting!

< Message edited by Giras Wolfe -- 3/12/2011 19:36:40 >
    AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
    3/12/2011 19:46:33   
    PD

Somethings I found interesting when I was making this...

1. Assuming Enemy Defense, Player STR Bonus, Weapon Base, Agility, and Focus remained constant, adding 1 point into Double Strike, Massacre, Bezerk, and other % Based skill only increases 2 points. HINT: This might be a good battle tip for some. :P

2. Compared to the Block Rates, the max Deflect, Crit and Stun Chances are pretty low in comparison, and it's much harder to make a big difference on Stun and Deflect Chances.

3. Rage buildup is actually really fast when you calculate it. Average is about 4-6ish turns until rage is ready.
    Post #: 8
    3/13/2011 15:24:42   
    Aere

Average of 3-4 turns, actually :P
    AQW Epic  Post #: 9
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> The ED Battle Mechanics Spreadsheet!
    Jump to:

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition