Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Finding Happiness in EpicDuel

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Finding Happiness in EpicDuel
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/16/2011 23:31:02   
Giras Wolfe

As Nigthwraith said, a lot of us, probably including me, should probably just leave for their own good.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
3/16/2011 23:35:41   
Shadow Jester

Well everyone is different their is no stoping it
I already sent 4 screenies because of SKR33CH , 666SATAN666, AND BEASTMO being mean to me and being rude to buffy AND angels

< Message edited by Zachary99 -- 3/16/2011 23:52:20 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 27
3/16/2011 23:46:27   
frogbones
Banned

The fact of the matter is that there's a lot of truth in the "complaints" from people like Helloguy and Angels. Whether you choose to express your concerns in "constructive criticism" posts or decide to be more direct in lambasting the devs for misguided and/or greedy updates, when you boil it down, it's all the same. Player feedback via criticism is just as valid as the compliments.

@Nightwraith: Interesting that you chose to chime in *again* to tell us complainers that we can stop playing if we don't like the game. How about addressing the real issues (one at a time, non-emotionally) instead of just telling people who disagree with you to p*** off? It's odd that you as one of the game's creators have such a pollyanna view of the mechanics of ED gameplay....
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 28
3/17/2011 0:12:58   
voidance

He cant please every single person so in this situation i would do the same thing. If he were to fix what Angels thought was wrong someone else wouldnt like what he did to fix the problem, so instead of fixing it he just changed the person that doesnt agree with her idea of a balanced game. Do you catch my drift?
AQW Epic  Post #: 29
3/17/2011 0:18:15   
frogbones
Banned

There are certain aspects of this game that are universally considered broken or in need of changing. Addressing those would be a start, but like I said, the devs won't even acknowledge that the game has issues.....
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 30
3/17/2011 0:49:27   
xxmirxx

I think that angels have point and for you NW to say to her leave game cause she doesn't like way game is going maybe best you take look way you treat players been here for long time. you keep say there will be 2vs1 were is that NW so give me break we should leave game maybe best you guys should stop make storys and excuse in game about updates. For once I am sick tired of people always being mean angels she is nice person and honest. she just say whats on her mind does make her lier. When will you NW and titan give us what we want in game 2vs1 and fix 2vs2 system thats what was mention when beta times. now you are just make me annoy with lies. This time NW you start this flame yourself know else here start flame just you. If you have time to read what we say maybe best you do what we as players in ask from you play game.
AQ Epic  Post #: 31
3/17/2011 1:02:57   
DilZZZ

@xxmirxx

NW might be busy and you cant force him to do something. The most important is This is Just A GAME!
AQW Epic  Post #: 32
3/17/2011 1:13:19   
3Xdoomd

I'm actually quite content with the efforts of the ED DEVs.
Sure, they aren't very punctual, but they try very hard to
make a game fun for everyone.

And for those still not convince that the DEVs do not work
hard enough here is a twitter post from 4 minute ago ...

quote:

Titan_EpicDuel: Still rolling! Cupcake and energy drink reinforcements have arrived!

This is at 1:00 freakin AM.

3Xdoomd = Kane the Reaper
Post #: 33
3/17/2011 1:14:45   
Mohandas Gandhi
Banned

You know what's surprising to me? Nightwraith has all the time in the world to bully and belittle a player, if he has that much time to read up on the forums and intervene with a message, why doesn't he spend more time on his updates? That's the logical thing to do.

@xxmirxx

This isn't the first time that The Devs have treated their players unfairly, remember the elites, we supported the game like arches on a bridge and they betrayed us in the end.
Post #: 34
3/17/2011 1:15:09   
xxmirxx

its not just a game its business comes first then game so in other words updates are business. NW is not only one works on game it is titan to. they have been make up storys and excuse all time like I say he should listen to member been here for longest. like my friend shadist and all of players he has been say that there will be 2vs1 or what about 2vs2 system its joke many agree with me on that.

above
I am have been playing this since december 2009 so I know all storys they tell us and excuse. If I was there boss I would look for new staff can do it on time like ps3 game you would not want to wait 2 years for a game to come out that I want to play. when chef ask me to get food on time do I say no. I say yes chef cause we got to please are customer. in other words your not please us NW.

< Message edited by xxmirxx -- 3/17/2011 1:23:46 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 35
3/17/2011 2:23:20   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

Ghandi- Elites were not thrown to the wolves- there was just no feasible way to keep giving every elite player unlimited varium.

I'm going to try to keep my own emotions in check- forgive me in advance if I'm not able to.

xxmirxx- I don't think you understand how game development works. A PS3 game typically takes more than 2 years (I think like 5-7 years altogether for most console games- longer if it's Duke Nukem Forever) to develop, and they typically have a development staff of hundreds or thousands, working together to make that game for the PS3. If you think that AE should hire additional programming staff and art staff, then that's something you take up with Artix.
Post #: 36
3/17/2011 3:54:24   
xxmirxx

above

not true not all ps3 games take 2 years any ways that was example. also not AE job to get more staff its up to titan. please stop give them another excuse.
AQ Epic  Post #: 37
3/17/2011 4:17:30   
voidance

@Mohandas Gandhi
Because if they didnt read the forums you kids would complain that they arnt involved enough in the community, so its basicly "Darn'd if they do, Darn'd if they dont" (used darn instead of the other word), and if you still dont understand, I'm saying if they read the forums its wasting time if the dont its neglecting community.
AQW Epic  Post #: 38
3/17/2011 5:32:01   
BloodRainbow

After reading all of the posts in this topic all i can say is wow,WTF! Some of you ppl realy need to grow up (you know who you are)

Just remember if we didnt make mistakes we wouldnt be human, forgive and forget, life's short dont waste your time doing things that dont make you happy. If you gana play a game, play it cuz u love it... Dont worry, be happy

So, frogbones, mir, Gandhi........ You dudes need to pop a couple chillaxatives cuz your being a bit grouchy and immature.... and ur totally harshin my mellow

< Message edited by BloodRainbow -- 3/17/2011 5:36:44 >
Epic  Post #: 39
3/17/2011 6:07:55   
Luna_moonraider

@Mohandas Gandhi
do agree with ya they did chuck elites aside like nothing. not giving wat they promised.

@Cinderella
actually the devs can continue giving elites unlimited varium there is a way to do it as suggested in many threads give elites 1 var per battle they win. they technically get unlimited varium and they should be happy.

@xxmirvv
well as for 2v1 mode i think there are delays because the devs are trying to fix 2v2 before releasing 2v1 because 2v1 is similar to 2v2 if the y fix 2v2 they can release 2v1 easily.

still no all creds robot. been waiting for 1 but seem it is not coming oh well.

AQW Epic  Post #: 40
3/17/2011 6:16:05   
Deadly PoisoN
Banned!

Iv'e voiced my opinion on the major issues probably way too many times.But nightwraith is right about angels,that's unfortunately the only thing he's right about.He really doesn't act like a lead developer,close your browser and quit.It's that easy!Seriously?This from a lead developer.

Some people have spent MONEY on the game,is this a bit hard for you to grasp?It's no longer just the game that's the issue,it's what the customers demanded or were promised for their support.How can you continue to say it's your way or no way.This guy seriously has a fine cheek.And i helped my father when i was younger,to start his own business from scratch,not some flash game.

I know for a fact that people are being ripped off and this is coming from someone that knows business,try me if you want to nightwraith.Because i can assure you that you'd be trying the wrong guy.You only have 3 people working on epicduel,what you're making with all the money you ask,your services are being charged for WAY TOO much and you know this too.

You make your money over and over again with epicduel and i have ways of proving this.The system for free players doesn't have to be the way it is,everyone could be having fun and still compete except the fact that us variums would still be stronger.

Not by much though,but to maintain benefit for actually paying.All the issues in epicduel are PURPOSELY implemented by nightwraith to get people to buy varium.This won't change and the game will continue to be unhappy,not because of the player,but because of pure greed.Anyone that cares to understand will see this.

< Message edited by Deadly PoisoN -- 3/17/2011 6:18:06 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 41
3/17/2011 6:53:27   
Santa ClawZz

I'm sorry people, but when I read the title of this thread, it was Finding Happiness in EpicDuel. It was a nice post and I read up to NW's post and laughed. Then it turned to many directions, unwanted directions to the title of the thread. I don't wanna continue on the discussion over updates, elites or varium inflation, at least not here. To my opinion the game is pretty balanced at the moment in every way.
AQW Epic  Post #: 42
3/17/2011 7:52:41   
MirageD

i find the game very enjoyable.....i wish ppl would stop acting like they are owed something.....you all can play for free or opt to pay for "extras"....no one is forcing you either way
AQW Epic  Post #: 43
3/17/2011 10:22:26   
Practel
Spectating from the Sidelines

Seriously guys...
This is a thread to find happiness not to troll happiness.
I guarantee all you flamers and trollers spend more time trolling then playing the game. Nightwraith is NOT and NEVER will be a bully, he is one of the nicest people I know, and has helped me numerous times. They care, but why bother posting in a trolled or flamed thread? Exactly. You question why they dont post, or why they say things that haven't come. 2v1 battle modes may or may not becoming, but you have to assume that over the next month, they are going to be focusing more on EpicDuel 2.0 then releases, so you have to give it time.

To all the trollers and flamers out there:
Do me a favor, go to college and come out, start of EpicDuel with a group of 2. Get to Artix Entertainment via invitation from Artix himself, pick up Charfade a valued artist, THEN tell me that the dev's arn't trying, because I know darn well they try their hardest to make the players happy.

Dont flame in this thread... This thread is to get tips on how to get happiness for players who dont have happiness.

DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
3/17/2011 12:01:08   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@xxmirxx- I wanted to snark you, but at some level, no matter what I or Nightwraith say to the contrary, you're not going to believe anything about the truth of how game development works, or how ArtixEntertainment is run as a company (even Nightwraith called you out for talking about their finances).

@Luna that's still not feasible. Without going into the code, don't you think that'll exacerbate the dummying problem?

@DeadlyPoisoN- Titan, Nightwraith, and Charfade make a salary. It's not Upgrades -----> pockets

Also, if flaming continues, I'm not going to be the nice Princess.

Battle On!
-Cinderella
Post #: 45
3/17/2011 12:40:32   
voidance

I thought you were a "Queen" of the dorks not a princess.

But back on topic, I enjoy trying a new build every week or so, yes i tend to get mad at times but i have my reasons. You guys should try it, it keeps the game interesting.

< Message edited by voidance -- 3/17/2011 12:42:20 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 46
3/17/2011 12:45:50   
Fay Beeee

Back to the topic then. :)

I find it great on here. People from all over the world. The majority of which are very very nice.
Great to talk to in fights for me but out of fights if you prefer. lol

Help a few people if you can. Improve as you go, if you wish. Generally I just have a good time. :)

Epic  Post #: 47
3/17/2011 13:00:05   
beastmo

quote:

Well everyone is different their is no stoping it
I already sent 4 screenies because of SKR33CH , 666SATAN666, AND BEASTMO being mean to me and being rude to buffy AND angels

Good for you
Epic  Post #: 48
3/17/2011 13:22:30   
King FrostLich

Happiness lies within your heart in this game not the battles you've had and the game's mechanics or whatever that is. As long as you enjoy this game and have fun with it, then that's happiness to me oh and just because updates aren't good doesn't mean the game is bad in other ways.
Epic  Post #: 49
3/17/2011 13:25:50   
Bu Kek Siansu

I just wanted to add this quote from Nightwraith: * Bolded/colored fonts by me! :)

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=18589610

quote:

If you refuse to buy or spend Varium, that's your choice. We cannot force anyone to buy anything and have no desire to do so. We want people to have fun and enjoy the features we create and the atmosphere we all contribute to. If you never spend another dollar on the game, your character will remain, still completely able to battle players, NPCs, and participate in Factions. In fact, there are many players who duel all the way up to the level cap without spending a single penny on the game. However, when you incite other players to stop buying, that's when we have an issue.

Boycotts are against the Terms of Service you agreed , specifically section 4-k: "You agree not to disrupt the normal flow of the games and dialogue, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other people’s ability to use the Service;" By urging others not to support the game in any way, you are deliberately attempting to disrupt development and affect other users who are attempting to use the service. As much as I love the First Amendment, it does not apply to the policies of private companies.

To those of you who are perfectly happy to play EpicDuel and enjoy it in spite of its flaws, I thank you for your steady support.

To those of you who read this and still have doubts, rallying other players behind rumors and conspiracies will NOT allow the features you want to become a reality any faster. Remember, just because we didn't respond to your topic, doesn't mean we didn't read it. By all means, voice concerns and offer suggestions, but if you have an axe to grind, we'll see right through it.

To those of you who read this and are still committed to the belief that Titan and myself are completely out of touch with the EpicDuel community and only interested in money, all I can say is if EpicDuel makes you so unhappy, maybe you should stop playing. Life is too short to get worked up over a browser game that you evidently stopped enjoying a long time ago. If you decide to change your mind, your characters will still be waiting for you.

Thanks and Duel ON!

Nightwraith
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Finding Happiness in EpicDuel
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition