Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Finding Happiness in EpicDuel

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Finding Happiness in EpicDuel
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/17/2011 14:36:21   
xxmirxx

guys lets move on about this we can agree to disagree. Cinderella they have not show many any of there finances to me yet and we do live in 2 dfferent countrys and you laws are different from my. anyways if really want to show me there finances then show to me. like I say at above lets move on this was not suppose to be flame war. most of us are act like little kids I think we all agree with that.
AQ Epic  Post #: 51
3/17/2011 14:58:01   
Giras Wolfe

That's probably the crux of the issue. People like me, Deadly Poison, and Angels have put tons of time and money in this game. It doesn't make us happy to see it going downhill, and being told to screw off if we don't like it after all the money we've given isn't a mature thing at all for Nightwraith to say. Maybe we get a little too angry but its not right to dismiss us as flamers or kids. But hey, I have other things to do. I'll give them time. Maybe they can set things straight. Like Nightwraith said, my character will ALWAYS be there to get beat up by the latest wave of disgustingly strong new weapons.

Back on topic, the only way I find happiness in this game is chatting with my buddies and helping newbs make builds.

< Message edited by Giras Wolfe -- 3/17/2011 14:59:56 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 52
3/17/2011 15:26:36   
Soliqe

@Giras

Do you honestly think you're the only ones? I've personally spent over $300 USD on this game, however, my choices in what I bought were smart choices. In EpicDuel you need to learn how to invest. This game is basically it's own stock market. Many weapons become obsolete or outdated, while other remain strong.

Examples are: Bunnyzooka/E, Founder Armor, Rixty Ripper/Soul Ripper, Imperial ACP, Frostbolt Blaster, SkullFire Blaster, Egg Staff, etc.

One especially being the egg staff. I may have personal bias over the weapon, but for being a level 30 seasonal rare, it is undoubtedly the strongest level 30 staff out there. (I'll be making a thread later today arguing my point)

If you learn how to make long time investments, you'll never be upset. You should also watch out for key words like, "strongest in the game forever" etc. around those quotations.

I have fun in EpicDuel. Sure I get frustrated when I lose sometimes. Who doesn't?

I have to agree with Santa ClawZ from earlier, I personally feel the game is very balanced despite what many users say. The only thing that is off balance is the Strength Stat Abuse. (but that's easily fixable)

That is all
`Lotus

AQW Epic  Post #: 53
3/17/2011 17:17:16   
Giras Wolfe

@ Lotus

PM me that thread link, I'm curious exactly what it's good for.

Also, that's another thing. Using weapons that look cool and fit your personality rather then whatever is overpowered is another way to enjoy Epicduel.

I have a good equipment set, I can still dominate for maybe another 3 months at least, hehe.

Come to think if it, if I wanted to I could use P. Bunny Chompers for a killer 5 focus build.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 54
3/17/2011 18:12:41   
helloguy

To everyone that says this thread is to find happiness, its easier to find sadness.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 55
3/17/2011 18:17:30   
Fay Beeee

^
But then I would be miserable and I like to be happy.
Epic  Post #: 56
3/17/2011 18:28:17   
helloguy

^You cant be happy with a game that disappoints.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 57
3/17/2011 18:45:43   
Fay Beeee

^
Does not disappoint me. :)
Epic  Post #: 58
3/17/2011 18:46:07   
helloguy

Key Word is "me"
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 59
3/17/2011 18:51:54   
Fay Beeee

quote:

^You cant be happy with a game that disappoints.

Well as you were pointing to me, that is to be expected. lol
Epic  Post #: 60
3/17/2011 22:11:29   
Luna_moonraider

@Cinderella

well dummying has be dealt with a few months ago. they made it kinda impossible to dummy when they made the "u can only challenge 15 players per hour". so 1 var per battle idea still would be an ok idea for elites.

back on topic

wat makes me happy is to help some random new player make a build i do that when i m free or when the person has a really unusable build. 2v2 with my mage also make me happy(reason being cause i m a support merc slayer like killing 2 support mercs it is fun to do that in 2v2).

AQW Epic  Post #: 61
3/18/2011 2:54:46   
Illuminator

I have a pretty good guess as to why the devs are so slow to implement things that tons of people want.

• People begged for a physical staff for the longest time, then they released the Overlord Staff which only has 3 fewer stats than frostbane and yet it is branded as one of the worst staves in the game.
  • People complained about heal loopers for a long time, and then the devs got rid of them, I'll admit not the best way they could have, but they got rid of the build. And then players were mad that heal loop was gone.
  • People wanted class change, the devs put it in, and then people didn't like it cause now everyone could change class to use the newly OPed build.
  • People wanted rage to be weaker because of strength builds, they weakened it and now people are mad because they can't do as much damage to tank builds.
  • People wanted them to buff Bounty Hunters because the class was so weak, they added Shadow Arts and now people say BH is OPed because they get a little bit luckier.
  • People complained that bunker buster was too weak, they buffed it a little bit (seriously, not very much) and now people complain that it's too strong.
  • People wanted new skills for each class, they added 1 to each class and people complained that the skill was useless (except SA).
  • people wanted more challenge NPCs, so they added more, and people complained it was too hard, so they made easier ones, and people complained they were too easy.
  • They release an update with no/few weapons and people complain there are not enough weapons, so they do a release with a bunch of weapons and people complain that it's only weapons.
  • People complain that there aren't enough non varium weapons, so they do a release that is all non varium items and people complain that there is nothing new for varium players.

I'm sure there are many more cases like that that I am forgetting. I bet that's why they are so slow to do what the majority wants, because so often it has bitten them in the back for doing it.
It would seem that the players don't know what they really want.
AQ Epic  Post #: 62
3/18/2011 3:08:04   
voidance

I agree with most of it but on the staff, its 3 Mods, 4 Enhancements, 1 damage. Now days that makes a big difference.
AQW Epic  Post #: 63
3/18/2011 3:20:06   
Illuminator

It was even considered terrible when it was released, and at the time of release enhancements didn't exist yet and frostbane had 30 damage. So the difference was literally only 3 stats. Yes obviously it isn't as good now since much better stuff has come out and frostbane has been buffed, but I was more referring to at the time of release. Sorry, I should have made that clearer.
AQ Epic  Post #: 64
3/18/2011 3:27:42   
BloodRainbow

the reason that people were upset about the overlord staff is not becasue they were comparing it to frostbane, but because it was weaker than the other overlord class specific weapons
Epic  Post #: 65
3/19/2011 21:26:32   
Soliqe

@Illuminator

Well said old friend. I believe we all can look at that and admit it's true.
AQW Epic  Post #: 66
3/20/2011 10:28:25   
Zean Zapple

The Dream might be over for some... But the Dream has just started for me.

Wether you win or lose you should enjoy your battle. If someone destroys you, say wow excellent build. If you beat someone and they were really close to beating you say gg/gf. I usually say gfimi which stands for "Good Fight I Mean It".

There will always be ignorant people and there will always flaws in the game, but as Soliqe said Happiness exists. Want proof... here it is:

~ZZ
Epic  Post #: 67
3/20/2011 10:33:03   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

@ZZ True, true. I always enjoy a battle whether i win or lose, sometimes in a 2v2 and i know i will not win i'll say well done, or good game anyway out of kindness. Usually i just laugh it off if i lose and don't let it get to me as it really is not that big of a deal to me at least.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 68
3/20/2011 10:41:07   
InTheSky

Wow, I can't believe there's people that are whining about being called a "Noob"
Post #: 69
3/20/2011 13:27:51   
Zean Zapple

@Digital X Glad you agree with me Enjoying the game is the main focus of my attention. Winning comes second, but just because I lose a fight doesn't mean I can't win the next one.

~ZZ
Epic  Post #: 70
4/10/2011 18:15:46   
Reaper240

That's somewhat true, I could quit easily but I spent money on varium.
I think the game went downhill since the arrival of robots.
Sure robots were fun to use, but seriously?
They used to do 40(+35 damage and including the 5 focus = 40)
Then it became 35.
But taking away focus is completely unnecessary and annoying. The robots now do 30 which is kinda weak.
The whole level 33 cap level is pretty good i guess, but why did you have to take away focus and the fun in having varium away.
So far the game seems out to get me.
These new releases are, as I like to put it, "Power to The Noobs".
When I had my robot, I used to be able to 2 hit kill people. Max smokescreen then Gamma Bot punch(70 damage).
A few days later, Epicduel had the update that made the robot do +30 instead of +35.
When i went Health-Pure Mage(278 health), I also had full beta weapons equipped. Max malfunction and max overload. A few days after that, the agility release came out, permanently slaughtering my build.
During the beta testing, I had a hefty -50 dexterity smokescreen. I slaughtered in 2v2. Like the previous complaints the game updated and slaughtered my build yet again. Three words I still don't enjoy seeing on a person's character info.
Robot~(Energy Damage)
When I was mage, I had around 32 defense/resistance (both same total including armor), I beat NPCs through heal loops. The Titan, Caden, and Overlord Guard NPCs were weak once i deprived them of their energy. I recall the Titan NPC landing a 17 critical. The "Wear & Tear" strategy stopped working because of the extra turn required for the heal to cooldown. The only reason I ever used that build was against NPCs that gave the achievements. In a real fight, people raged too fast for me to actually do anything.
And now, back to the topic at hand, the release a few days ago. The whole, "discouraging stats" was completely stupid.
For example, I told my friend Justin about it(stopped playing Epicduel for the same reasons as I complain), his response was "' I didn't get 100 dexterity just to get hit all the time, while the noob with max shadow arts never gets hit.'" I had a strength build all set up too! 100 strength, lvl 10 blood lust lvl 10 venom strike lvl 10 smokescreen and lvl 1 massacre.
I didn't get 100 strength just to land a 23 with strike while smokescreen is active. And the stats discouraging is messed up. I can't gain access to a good build anymore. I need my defenses high for a reason. I didn't get 118 tech for 30 resistance. I got it for 45 resistance. <only an example, although I did try it once.
My defenses used to be moderate, now their just plain sucks. My defenses used to be 30/28. Now its 28/25. My max reflex boost isn't very efficient anymore. This game has got way downhill since the awesome beta times. Beta was the best. Gamma is fail. Justin said he stopped playing because "'Epicduel is firin' its FAILZOR!'"

All I ask is for a few weeks, make the game how it was in Beta Testing Mode. Do it during Spring Break. You can even call it Blast From the Past, I don't mind. I assure you this though, the people who were there during beta testing will be happy. Of all the people I've asked (I have nothing better to do on Epicduel anymore but to reminisce about when it was still beta and how gamma used to ( and still does) pale in comparison to beta. In other words, make shadow arts, assimilate, and blood shield unusable for a week. Make the +8 armors +7 if you have to, but beta didn't have +8 armors, at least not early beta. Those who complain about the release I'm describing are noobs, because up until this point, they have had it easy on them from the get go.

I miss beta. T.T

1 12 7l-l3 1234l*312
(I R THE REAPER)
Epic  Post #: 71
4/10/2011 18:19:03   
voidance

Hmm you dug up a dead thread and posted a Book. Awesome!
AQW Epic  Post #: 72
4/10/2011 18:57:39   
9001WaysToLaugh

When life gives you a boring and expensive game... find a better free one.
Epic  Post #: 73
6/21/2011 7:18:15   
xxmirxx

quote:

@xxmirxx- I wanted to snark you, but at some level, no matter what I or Nightwraith say to the contrary, you're not going to believe anything about the truth of how game development works, or how ArtixEntertainment is run as a company (even Nightwraith called you out for talking about their finances)

I found out its not NW or titan or you cindy. that in charge of money part so tell me. how feel months later I call you out. jk about out call out part.
AQ Epic  Post #: 74
6/21/2011 11:17:42   
AQWPlayer

quote:

1. During battle, ignore all chat from ALL opponents. (excluding partners in 2v2)

We can be polite and civil while in battle but provoking players to become angry not only worsens their day, but it will make your day bad as well.

Sometimes I get angry over losing streaks all because of varium, and I apologize for that. But if nobody used the chat box, the game would be way more boring.
quote:

2. AVOID all crowded public areas.

If you're not wanting to hear Bob fight Phil over someone saying, "OMG Noob" then you should find a quiet room where there are little to no players existing in the vicinity.

I'd rather go to crowded places and ask "f4f" or chat with other players :P. I've never seen an unfriendly player at Oz world 7 anyway.
quote:

3. If you have friends online, TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE OPPORTUNITY!

Send them a private chat invitation, have a good friendly chat with one another, and enjoy the company of others while battling.

That's exactly what I do whenever Bunjira is online =D
quote:

4. If you dislike someone on your friend list, why bother yourself with keeping them on there?

Wouldn't you rather not have to deal with the drama?

I never had an unfriendly friend, I just delete friends for space :(
quote:

***CRUCIAL POINTER***
5. Do not get wound up over game updates!!!

This ruins everyone's happiness of the game. You cannot drive yourself nuts over waiting for an update. You can do other things that is more worth your time than fret over whether you're going to see weapons or not each week. Also, placing expectations of features such as, 2v1 Boss Battles, quests, etc. is not becoming of a happy player. Yes, they are indeed overdue for being released, however, you ruin the game for yourself by fretting over something so trivial as an in-game feature. Was Rome built in a day?

What angers me is not the updates, but the number of varium spammers/abusers. Btw, the devs really should listen to the players more and stop making empty promises. (2vs1 was supposed to be one boss vs two players, but it turned out being one player vs two other players)
quote:

6. Play for enjoyment and don't take it seriously. <--- credit to eragonshadeslayer67

Why play the game if you don't enjoy it? If you can't see past a game's issues then you'll never find happiness in a MMO.

I play the game because Legit was going for world domination :P
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are my suggestions:
1. Go for NPCs if you are losing too much
2. Watch TV instead when you are getting tired of the game's flaws (inspired by Ultimate Overlord1)
3. Party at the HQ when many member of the faction are online :D
AQW  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Finding Happiness in EpicDuel
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition