Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Merc's and their two turn kill needs to be fixed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Merc's and their two turn kill needs to be fixed
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/21/2011 1:16:51   
Lectrix

I'm seeing more and more Mercs everyday -- especially Strength Mercs. They're taking over 1v1 AND 2v2. My Level 26 Bounty Hunter is also starting to notice; he's getting annihilated by Level 22 Mercs!

Just a few short weeks ago, most Mercs concentrated on 2v2, giving Bounty Hunters and Tech Mages a chance in 1v1 (although Bounty Hunters were obviously more powerful than Tech Mages). But now? This Game is turning into EpicMercDuel... and that's definitely NOT epic!

< Message edited by Lectrix -- 3/21/2011 1:17:08 >

Le Chevalier Mal Fet (AQ)
Lectrix (HS)

Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure. ~Rowena Raven
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 51
3/21/2011 1:51:07   
BlueKatz

I agree, Mer is OP, BH might have a good chance at lv 32, but anywhere lower than that, they are weak. Mage is very decent too
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 52
3/21/2011 2:02:11   
Shun
banned

ok im tired of getting a merc to like 3 hp then having all that work thrown in my face with bunker -.-
and then oh wait theres a new merc build with bunker and then airstrike OH JOY! -.-
This game isnt worth playing if your just going to die from an OP merc EVERYTIME
And everybody sayin that BH is better Thats only at lvl 32 where they actually have a chance with 5 focus And im tired of getting into a battle just to die from a mjolnir lvl 21 with an ego complex! oh and did i mention all the varium builds where we have no chance no matter what build you have i undersand their trying to make money but it going to far to give JUST mercs varium or non varium ALL THE POWER! and im talking to you yes you Mercs who believe their so tourtured cause they lost ONE fight then believeing that everyone else is a noob cause they cant do anything about it. Im seriously considering Quitting EpicDuel Forever.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 53
3/21/2011 2:51:01   
Lectrix

@Above: I agree; at this point, Mercs should have no reason to complain, especially if their complaint involves Bounty Hunters. With Intimidate and Hybrid Armor, coupled with Skills that are much more powerful than they should be (Artillery Strike, Bunker Buster, etc...), Bounty Hunters have almost no chance. Throw in a powerful Auxiliary, Field Medic, and one of those new Weapons with an extra 7% chance to Hit, and Bounty Hunters are HISTORY.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 54
3/21/2011 10:54:41   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

you guys, mercs used to have no requirment on artillery, then it was put there, then 3 months lator we got overpowered by other class moves, we HAVE been nerfed the same as all of you. I didnt post all the nerfs FYI.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 55
3/21/2011 11:15:50   
xiler23
Banned

theirs a new merk build to watch out for too, cyber shillelagh build... one word.... nasty

edit: just notised theirs a thread on it...

Edit:

is it possible theirs a glitch with the new wepons? i think maybe if a merk has the new shillelagh club they always hit? i havent blocked 1 hit from 1???

anyone got that build? do u ever get blocked?

edit: um this was ment to go in another thread what happend their???????????

edit: nvm lol it was this one... lmao sorry about the double post... AGAIN!!!

edit: vv thanx buddy good to knw

EDIT: i just fought a merk with the shillegah and i have 1 point to SA and i blocked him both hits, 2 points would be better as it would nullify the 2% contact chance but 1 halves it so i think it just might be enough, so theirs no real need to max it... thought this might help?

< Message edited by xiler23 -- 3/22/2011 6:58:35 >

i will be, there for i am...
Epic  Post #: 56
3/21/2011 12:37:48   
8x

^I am using new maul and I get blocked a lot... And also /megafacepalm

Epic  Post #: 57
3/21/2011 12:59:12   
Lord GaGa

I find it quite funny how people like Dax (example) complain. [Dax is a OP str bounty]
Str bounties are just as bad.... If they get first turn your pretty much screwed.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 58
3/21/2011 16:20:43   
Hun Kingq

Two turn kill not any more now it is a one turn fight becuse they could take 80 plus points from your health even with 114 Dex I did not block as often as I should and they still took over 50 points of health. They say you should not accuse people of cheating but whether they like it or not have strength above 55 base to help equal over 100 or having it at base 100+ to equal over 120 total strength is cheating.
Epic  Post #: 59
3/21/2011 23:53:26   
Lectrix

Really now, did the Artillery Strike Nerf have that much of an effect on Mercs? They bounced back, what... about 3 days later? Mercs are STILL the most powerful Class when it comes to 2v2, mainly thanks to Artillery Strike. The Artillery Strike Nerf(s) only made it a slightly less overpowered Skill; nevertheless, it's still overpowered.

Don't believe me? Obviously, you haven't tried out 2v2 lately (or you're just a Mercs who's unwilling to admit that you're overpowered).

But I digress. The point of this Thread is to discuss Strength Mercs, and their two turn Kills (then again, Support Mercs can probably do the same thing...). Anyway, I don't think it's realistically possible for anybody to kill a fair opponent within 5 turns. To do so, your opponent would have to have extremely low HP. Two turn Kills, however, are very realistically possible. They're incredibly unfair, especially if your opponent doesn't get a chance to do anything -- and that's where the Maul/Beserker Combo is a problem.

Maul Requirement on Beserker? I mean, Mercs only have 4 less Skills that require a Class specific Weapon, compared to Tech Mages...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 60
3/22/2011 9:50:01   
King FrostLich

On my lvl 22 hunter alt, he manages to pwn caster mages, destroy mercs that are 2-5 levels higher than him. All you need is the right build and strategy.
Epic  Post #: 61
3/22/2011 10:13:31   
Lectrix

Yes, my Bounty Hunter Alt. HAS beaten quite a few Mercs who are at a higher Level... my point is, it's usually harder for him to defeat Mercs, compared to Tech Mages. Like I said, with Hybrid Armor and Intimidate, Mercs have an unfair advantage against Bounty Hunters with the Smoke Build. I know I can't expect to win every Battle, but it's much harder to beat Mercs with a decent Hybrid Armor, especially when Hybrid Armor makes such an important difference at low(er) Levels.

Change Builds? what other option do I have? Multi-Shot/Dexterity isn't going to cut it, against Mercs OR other Classes.

It's quite possible to beat Mercs with my current Smoke Builds. The question is, HOW possible?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 62
3/22/2011 10:31:06   
drekon
Retired ED Guest Artist

Does anyone else find it odd how the developers were so quick to nerf str BH (with stat requirements), but has yet to do anything about str Merc? One thing is certain, I see quite a few mods who use str Merc... coincidence?

Epic  Post #: 63
3/22/2011 10:49:05   
Hun Kingq

Another thing is bunker buster improves with tech, a 2vs2 battle I just fought a merc had over 100 tech, first merc shot me with a bunker buster got 23 damage, then my partner went next, so I am last and the merc that had over 100 tech he used bunker buster and got 60 damage. So three stats that get abused Strength, Technology, Support which one or the other gives the merc too much power. Even with a level 10 malfunction their would be no effect on his bunker buster.

No matter what stat a player abuses it has to be dealt with because for the mage to last in battle past one or two turns our defense and resistance has to be so high that our attacks our so weak they make no difference.

Like I wrote before let the mage class combine the physical and energy armor and put the added up bonus points towards defense and resistance.

No drekon it is not coincidence also I find that everytime I beat a strength merc the next battle they make me type in the verification code then the damage too me is twice as much with the next merc then face the same merc and get defeted in one round then when I win a next couple matches against lower level players I am to type in the code again then I beat the same strength merc then of course next battle code verification page pops up type in the code and start losing again. When I had my dex up to 114 total every two to three battles they had me type in the code and if I blocked against a strength mercs attacks or beat him before the next battle they had me type in a code then met the same merc again no blocks and he got bigger damage then before with 114 dex that I had.

It is sad when ED helps players of one class to cheat like this and that is why the suggestions from mage or bounty hunter classe will never be considered as much as the mercs suggetstions. When mages complained about strength abusing bounties nothing was done until after the mercs started losing and complaining.

< Message edited by Hun Kingq -- 3/22/2011 11:13:43 >
Epic  Post #: 64
3/22/2011 11:11:36   
8x

@Lectrix
quote:

Really now, did the Artillery Strike Nerf have that much of an effect on Mercs? They bounced back, what... about 3 days later?

I think people were talking about FIRST artilery strike nerf (The one when artilery strike got requirement...).

EDIT: Anyways, I bought new maul and decided to try out strength build with it... My win % were about 80-85%. They main problem are 5 focus mercs and other strength mercs. Strength bulid isn't OPed, mages and bhs (mostly just mages) just don't know how to deal with it.

< Message edited by 8rlx0 -- 3/22/2011 11:18:58 >
Epic  Post #: 65
3/22/2011 13:35:04   
Absolute Truth

Lectrix I couldn't agree with you more in just about everything that you've said in this whole thread and it's not just the strength merc builds, but even more so the tanked 5 focus support/tech builds/ robot builds. Another big reason also for all the different options that mercs have is they have the best and clearly strongest unblockable attacks such as bunker buster and artillery strike along with auxillery/bazooka and it's easier for them to raise and spam the stats really high because they can rely on their hybrid armor and just lower their dex because of it and raise the other stats greatly such as support, tech, strength. Plus they have a strong healing with field medic and especially because most mercs have high support which raises field medics heal even more. Also since mercs clearly dominate 2 vs 2 and that most people have become mercs now in Epic Duel because of it, that is another huge sign that either Epic Duel does much more for mages and bounties to match the mercs or greatly nerf them. Even though I'm a lv. 32 fully equipped varium bounty hunter with shadow arts, bounties still struggle against mercs because of their deadly unblockable attacks such as bunker, high support artillery strike and auxillery, and also that energy one that I can't remember the name of right now lol. Another sign is also that out of all the classes, nonvarium mercs clearly give the best fight against varium bounties and varium mages. Case closed

< Message edited by Absolute Truth -- 3/22/2011 13:58:48 >
Post #: 66
3/22/2011 15:27:58   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

your only lvl 26 XD go ahead lol
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 67
3/22/2011 15:54:14   
InF4am0u5

I think this game doesnt need to nerf classes but add abilities to help i have no problem with any class lose every once in a while to stun or strength hunters but its ok cause its a game. Wat i think would be good is 3 turn heals but it will never happen . Seriously think about it mages have the lowest chance to win we need something(3 turn heals). You will never see a mage complain again. Or wat about this trash, assimilation and give us a ability that goes head to head with massacre. Since we like the oppisites of hunters and dont say super charge cause the damage is not even close with 1 stat on it. and the ability we get doesnt give back health but lowers rage i would like that. Lots of people would Stewies my Name

< Message edited by InF4am0u5 -- 3/22/2011 15:55:23 >
Post #: 68
3/22/2011 19:13:57   
Lectrix

@Chosen 0ne: I'm not sure what you're referring to, but just so you know, I have a Level 32 Tech Mage

@Drekon: Mercs have been the most powerful 2v2 Class for.... what? A year? Maybe more? And now they're beginning to take over 1v1 too. However, I don't think the Devs are choosing not to Nerf Mercs; I think they're simply unaware of the problem.

@8xrl0: Even the first Artilery Strike Nerf didn't have that much of an effect on Support Mercs. Mercs have been overpowered in 2v2 for as long as I can remember, and I can remember what Mercs were like before the Nerf.

@Absolute Truth: Exactly what I've been trying to say (after all, it's the "absolute truth")

< Message edited by Lectrix -- 3/22/2011 19:14:52 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 69
3/22/2011 19:19:18   
InceptionAE

lmfao! hybrid armor need SUPP RQ. dude u'd make things worse, werent u there when we were oped? ALL mercs we're buffin up their supp, and if titan accepted this, u'd just see a hell lot of crits, deflects, fast rage, and higher dmg first strike lol! i already qualify then..

110 supp and Proud! =D

ED~ Inception X
HS~ Chromium
AQW~ Deathblad
AQ3D~ Violent

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 70
3/23/2011 17:30:21   
Scar187

Meh str mercs/ Supp mercs. I never had a problem with them, i'm so defensive they'd need 130 or more support just to hit 30 damage with a multi. Same goes for str mercs. Though I am a merc as well so is easy enough to be a Tank.
Post #: 71
3/24/2011 16:52:08   
voidance

Well maybe something like every 10 points over a 100 you get -1 Def/Res, and yes i mean including Enhancements. So say they got 114+36 str, that would be -5 Def/Res. But to be fair add this to every attribute not just Str.
AQW Epic  Post #: 72
3/24/2011 17:01:54   
priest_hidan

how about this, the higher the strength the lower the % of connecting becomes... so if someone has like 135 strength (like all lvl 32 str mercs) the % of connect will become 30. Also for guns, the % deflection will increase.
AQW Epic  Post #: 73
3/24/2011 17:14:49   
Nebula

^30% chance to hit? IF they did that to strength then people with high support, say 100+, should have a 70% chance to be critted just to make it fair. But I think both of those are bad ideas.
Making strength mercs never hit is a buff to strength hunters since it removes their only real competition, which wouldn't be good.
Post #: 74
3/24/2011 17:19:50   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

If agility was increased to 120hp, this build would loose it's novelty. Because of the builds being so compact, 80-100hp is prime for high damage output players.
AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Merc's and their two turn kill needs to be fixed
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition