Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(DF) Tales of the First Togmancer

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (DF) Tales of the First Togmancer
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/17/2011 10:31:02   
kowlickkid

Author's note: Copper is a person who only exists in Dragonfable. He is technically an invented character and he is using an invented armor. This means that Togmancer armor does not exist(at the moment) so please do not ask where you can get it. In this story, it is advisable to use the find button and type in the word "Chapter" and then the chapter number. Show me typos and proof that you have read this here.

Chapter 1. The Master of Togs.

Copper walked through Greenguard forest, enjoying the sounds of the birds chirping in his ear. His green eyes scanned the trees through the mouth of his green tog helm, watching for any possible threats in the form of monsters or humanoid villains. All of a sudden, the birds flew away with a series of choked tweets. Copper listened, and heard a faint rumbling sound. It grew louder, and now he could see a cloud of dust coming right towards him from a distance.
-Sandstorm elementals in this part of the forest?- he asked himself as he flattened one of the green togs next to him, turning it into his longtog. He stepped into the Togmancer battle stance as the other tog sharpened it's teeth, itself being Copper's pet. Now Copper could see a line of quivering bushes, the line heading straight towards him. He unexpectedly morphed his longtog back into the normal tog it was before, and braced himself for Tog-wrestling. Out of the bushes came a huge.............swarming..............teeth-gnashing.................pack of togs? Copper smiled as he took the blow of all the togs, and lay down laughing. These were the very animals whose ways he had imitated for many years, as a Togmancer-in-training.

Chapter 2. An Unexpected Attack

He wrestled arouund a while in human form, then finally submitted to the togs' pleas and transformed into a simple tog, rolling and romping with the rest. Suddenly, with his sharpened tog senses, he sensed a sense that seemed to threaten his senses, or so his senses sensed. He morphed back to the green-skinned human wearing the Togmancer armor, and grabbed his longtog. Out of a tree jumped an armored ball with a toothy mouth and an eye. His longtog, with it's scales as hard(or possibly harder) than diamonds, met it head on, slicing it in half. 8 more Pac-monsters materialized out of nowhere, each appearing to be made of a different element, surrounding him. He changed his weapons element to bacon, and prepared for the onslaught. Meanwhile, the togs were watching in fear for their friend, while Copper's pet sat, calmly as you please, picking it's teeth with a shard of the destroyed metal Pac-monster. Copper too, was calm as a sleeping baby. As the Pac-men closed in, he morphed into Togzilla, one of his handy features, and stepped on one of the monsters. Unfortunately, the one he stepped on was the fire monster, so although it was destroyed, he was lightly scorched, so he stepped on the water monster to cool it down. He then morphed back to human, and slashed 2 monsters at once. They looked intact, until the top halves slipped off the bottoms. That left 4 more which he promptly destroyed with his 10-hit combo. He wasn't done yet, though. Two armored hands clapped obnoxiously slow.

-Well done Copper, I must say, very well done.- said an unmistakable voice. -In fact, it looked a little too easy for the second lord of the togs.-

-You don't know how right you are, for the moment.- replied our hero.

-Then perhaps, one that's a little bit bigger, don't you think?- challenged the voice.

-It's all right with me, Sir Mad Scientist.- accepted Copper. -I haven't lost to one of your stupid robots yet.-

-There's always a first, and I am not a mad scientist, I have told you 1700561 times! Sir Tax! Bring out the Pac-Masher!- called the "mad scientist"

-The Pac-Masher is coming out- replied Sir Tax, as he held up a box the size of a sneevil. He opened it, and out came a huge Pac-Monster. It was even bigger than grown-up Fluffy.

Chapter 3. The Revealing

-I do hope you get on with it. The robot produces the Pac-monsters you fought earlier, even though it doesn't do anything else.................. Well, get on with it, I really need to go in 10 minutes because there is going to be a conference among my guild................... Hurry up, would you!!!- The "mad scientist" seemed to be slightlly impatient but Copper was too busy planning a strategy with his pet to listen to Mr. Mystery. He tested the memtal of the Pac-Muncher.

-Pure limmstone- was his verdict. Now, limmstone is a metal which is incredibly common on Lore, but strangely enough, it wasn't noticed until Lim used it for one of his experiments. It is an incredibly soft metal when pure, but with any other type of metal, even 1 gram of tin to a pound of limmstone, it will be as strong as titanium. This was obviously pure limmstone coated with spray paint because 1. He flicked it and it made a hole and 2. a light mist melted the paint. But, Mr. Mystery said:

-Only the outside is pure limmstone, you know. The inside is a limmstone-steel alloy and that is what produces the monsters. You'd better hurry, I only have 5 minutes left and I would like to be on time.-
Copper didn't reply. He simply shapeshifted his arm into a tog leg, wound up and smacked the giant mechanism. The blow set off a shockwave that destroyed the small Pac-Monsters, and the Pac-Masher came tumbling down, quite literally. All that was left was rubble, and a couple of giant googley eyes glued to some cardboard.

-Seriously? Cardboard? Ah, well, at least it's a step up from paper.- stated Copper. -Although that was a very good villain impression.-

-Why thank you!- said Rolith, removing his villains cloak to reveal a shiny Pactoganol knight armor. -You did a marvelous hero job as well, Copper. And let's not forget Sir Tax, the best evil villain minion around!-

-At your service!- said the evil Sir Tax falsely. -Always a pleasure to help Copper train!- he continued, sucking up to the commander. -Yeah, right. Copper is going to die, the little wimp!- were his thoughts as he walked back to the keep. When he was gone, Rolith turned to Copper. -I've got something for you- he said as he pulled out a belt made of black tog skin with a purple stripe. -Your final belt, the equivalent of a karate black belt, made of obsidian tog skin.............. scales................. fur................. whatever.-

-Yes!- shouted Copper. -Finally my training is complete! The first Togmancer, also known as the second lord of the togs, is now fully trained! But, how did you get that belt? Last I heard, the bane of the forest was cranky as a gorillaphant steping on a sharp weapon while suffering from seed-spitter fever.-

-Let's not go into the details.- replied Rolith. -Just be careful not to laugh while in sector OT.-

-Roooooliiiiiiiiiiiiiiith!-

-Let's just forget about that! The important question is: Where are you going to go now?-

-Willowshire. Dravirs. 'Nuf said- Meanwhile, in sector OT of Greenguard, a very embarrased tog was trying to hide from the Togarazzi, who were in turn trying to get a good picture of an obsidian tog with a pink stripe running around his body.

Chapter 4. Memories and travelling

Copper summoned a Togxi and went around the forest. He had lived here for 2 years, training with Rolith. Now he was going to Willowshire, to study the ways of the dravir. 2 years ago, he was going to Oaklore to help Sir Ano(He never did get the name pun) when Rolith came out with a new armor. It was basically tog pajamas. Copper tested the armor, and failed quite drastically. Then, Rolith made him study togs. Now, Copper knew everything about togs, from how to moroph into them to how to speak togese. About in the middle of his training, he had thought: -If togs have a connection with dravirs in Willowshire, and dravirs plot with dragons in Dragesvard, then eventually I can learn super dragon powers! I will do it!- But back to the present. Copper opened up his travel guide to the towns section. Until he learned to fly, he was stuck with this to help him make his rounds. FalconReach, nothing special. Sandsea, zilch. Ravenloss, nothing good. Warlic, Valencia and Robina, all complete. Oaklore, same old invasion of undead/slimes. Simply summoned 1337tog and let him stomp on them for a while. Sunbreeze Grove, the cook and co. had already been cooked. The locker, nada. Amityvale, fried Frydae until hungry. Took a doom burger from Sir Loin and went to Necropolis to argue with Artix about whose weapon is the better over two of Yulgar's smoothies while smacking undead.

-My axe is better! It does a ton of damage against undead!- Artix said while lumberjacking a dreadwood.

-Yeah, but my longtog can change into any one of the 18 element! So I can adjust to the weakness of any monster!- replied Copper

-I thought there were only 8 elements!-

-The primary 8 plus metal, silver, poison, disease, bacon, nature, wood, evil, good and void- This continued until the undead were all gone. Wounds: Artix: 1 scratch(on axe) Copper: going berserk, yet intact. Undead by Artix: 5000 deaths. By Copper: 5000 deaths plus the boss.

-Good show Artix! But I still won!!!!!!!!!!:)-

-It was only by 1 undead and a simple scratch on my axe.- argued Artix meekly.

-1. I beat you by a tough boss and 2. That scratch proves my longtog is better than you're axe!- gloated Copper

-I've never lost before.......................sniff..............................NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! [cry, cry, cry, sob, sob, sob, whine, whine, sob, baby, whine, cry, punch ground, cry, sob, whine, baby, baby, punch, etc.........]

-Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay................. I've got to get to Willowshire in a minute. [quietly]Just as soon as I tape this video.- Copper said as he filmed Artix for an hour using his crystal ball phone. -Just wait till everybody sees this- he said as he continued on his way to Willowshire.

Chapter 5. Willowshire

After he sent the Artix video to Warlic with instructions to show it to everybody, he went to Willowshire. He landed on the little cliff a destance from the town. As usual, it was destroyed. Evidently a pack of heroes had smacked Gorgok to his cave, so he wasn't there. For now. He saw a group of people, heroes to be exact, in a group near the guardian tower. He knew that these were the group of D.U.M.(Dravir Underground Movement) so he went towards them, tog senses on high. As he made his way over, he easily parried blows from En and Tropy imitators, killing them in the process. The D.U.M. saw him coming and wondered who this was. One of them, who Copper recognized as Doomsand, upon seeing that he had no DA around his neck, called out:

-Hey pajama guy, better go back to bed before the entropy dravirs...........- At this point he was somewhat interrupted by a large herd of undertogs trampling him. Now, undertogs have some of the hardest feet on Lore, because they live in a rocky place, and have evolved to suit it. So, being trampled by a herd of undertogs is slightly less desirable than being at the bottom of a gorillaphant pillar, especially if you are a male, in which case most feet target one spot. And so you can sympathise with Doomsand, who was probably a male. Probably.

Chapter 6. The D.U.M.mies

As the members of D.U.M. tried to revive Doomsand, Copper again made his way towards them, making the entropified dravirs wish they hadn't got out of bed. Now, the monsters tried brute force. They brought out the boss, who stood in Copper's way, holding a hammer bigger than Artix's. Suddenly, the monster let out a high-pitched scream and looked behind. A few green togs were hanging from it's underpants. It shook them off and turned around again. Copper bumped into the boss as if he didn't know it was there. Deciding it wasn't worth the effort to walk around it, he held up his longtog to let it bite a human-sized hole through it. After he was through, it was simple cut-off-legs, stab-in-chest and decapitate. He finally reached the D.U.M. group, and Doom finally woke up. He sneered and started reciting his death list.

-Death, decay, wound, maim, doom, pain, revenge, poison, unlife, etc.........-

-Sorry about the undertogs, Doom. They're a little overzealous. Plus, I was trying to just summon a herd of normal togs. I always get those spells confused.- Doomsand just continued with his death list. The other heroes had already drawn their weapons, ready to fight this strangely calm man.

-What are you doing here and who are you?- one said.

-I am Copper, Togmancer Supreme, second lord of the togs, and I have come to learn from the dravir. Calm yourselves, I am a good guy- responded Copper. He un-stretched his longtog, which promptly began to play with the green tog pet, and took off his green tog helm, revealing a startlingly green face, complete with green hair and eyes. The D.U.M. members were startled. They were here to protect the dravir, and here comes a green man with dominance over togs. Would he study their insides as he cut them open, or would he simply observe their ways.

-We do not know what your intentions are, so we aren't going to tell you where the dravir are until you prove yourself.-

-Fine by me.- replied Copper. -I'll just study the entropified dravir for a while.-

-Are you nuts!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Those guys will tear you apart!!!!!-

-Maybe I am nuts. Maybe they will tear me apart[snort]. Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hee hee hee hee hee ho ho ho ho haaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha. You really think they are able to beat me? [cough] Okay, I'm all right. NO I'M NOT. Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha[rolling on the ground] hahahahahahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. I guess your initials really do fit you. Well, so long D.U.M.mies. he he he.- Copper walked away, still chuckling, as the members of the D.U.M. said that he was kind of crazy and why would he say our initials........................HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chapter 7. Entropic Togs

As Copper walked along, still wearing a smile, he thought of a way to prove himself. -They are trying to save the dravir, right?- he asked himself. -So what if I found a way to revert the entropified dravir back to the normal dravir?- As he was speaking, 4 pairs of eyes were staring at him and his pet intensely from the bushes. -Come on guys, come out, I know you're in the bushes.- Copper called without turning around. -Guys?- All of a sudden, 4 togs jumped out of the bushes, teeth bared to bite. Copper turned around just in time to dodge 4 burnt En faces stuck on zombie tog bodies. -Holy Palladinum Cowpies!!- he exclaimed. (I know what you're thinking: Cowpies aren't holy, but, they come from holy cows, and if cows aren't holy, where do we get swiss cheese from?) He flatteneed his longtog and prepared to block, for he couldn't drive himself to kill, and that gave him a bloody cheek. Now he was mad. -By the power invested in me by the first tog lord, Rolith, I know stun you with my nerdy tog speech!- The spell was taking effect even before the nerd tog had started talking about the history of the hypotenuse of the triangle of Quad-force. By the time it got into all the uses you could get out of the elemental orb of energy, the strange togs weree long gone, out for the count, brainfrozen. He tied them up with a handy rope.............. okay, it was a dravir intestine............ and waited patiently for them to wake up, patiently of course meaning putting one of those cymbal monkeys by their ears, slapping them, etc.... Finally, they woke up, and he tried speaking to them. But for some reason, they couldn't understand each other, so he looked for another way to communicate. He looked at their minds, and suddenly, he felt some weight on his hand. He looked, and he was holding and orb. A purely black orb made of entropy. He looked up at the togs, and saw................ togs! Non-En togs!

Chapter 8. The Cure

Copper stared at the orbs and the togs. He tried talking to the togs, and it worked. They said that when Gorgok came back, he was different, obviously. He then proceeded to turn any minion that came close to him into an entropic monster. They were forced to watch as they unintentionally attacked. Then Copper came along and saved them and thank you thank you thank you!

-So, I can un-entropify monsters, huh?- Copper asked himself.

-Of course!- replied the togs. -but can you get this intestine off us? It's disgusting!- Copper removed the intestine and the 4 togs jumped at him in thanks. He finally got them off and said:

-I'd better go back to the D.U.M. to inform them about my discovery. This will surely get them to show me to the dravir. I just hope I can un-entropify dravirs as well as togs. I'd better practice.- So saying, he found a dravir, and absorbed the entropy quite easily.

-Come with me to the D.U.M. group.- Copper said to the dravir.

-The dumb? Who are they?- inquired the dravir.

-It's actually Dravir Underground Movement, but I can't see the difference.- explained Copper. And so, the scaly lizard joined the party and they went to look for a D.U.M.my.

Chapter 9. Back to the D.U.M. group

The small group sneaked through Willowshire, looking for the D.U.M. group. As they did, they chatted quietly.

-I haven't ever seen you here before- said the dravir. -and I've been here a long time.-

-I was training for 2 years with Rolith.-

-For what?-

-Togmancer class.-

-Never heard of it.-

-I don't blame you. I was surprised myself when Rolith came out with these tog pajamas. Watch out for the horse apples!-

[squish]-Horse what?-

-Nevermind.-

-So anyways, you're one of the first Togmancers?-

-Actually, the very first. That's how I found out about how to un-entropify you guys; I didn't want to kill the togs.-

-And so you used the little orb you got to cure me? Genius! But what brings you to Willowshire anyways?-

-Well, in Willowshire the togs and dravir have a special relationship, as you know, and I am looking to be a Dravirmancer(another new class) as well as a Togmancer, making me a Togvirmancer.-

-Hey, isn't that a human hero about to de-gut that pack of togs?-

It's one of the D.U.M. guys, and he's not going to kill them if I can help it!- So saying, Coper used the nerdy tog speech to brain-freeze them in 5 seconds flat. He got the entropy out of the herd and waited, again patiently, for them to thaw out their grey matter. When they woke up, Copper told the D.U.M.my:

-Take us to your leader.-

-Why would I do that?- he sneered

-Because if you don't, Copper here will sic all these togs on you.- answered the Dravir. The D.U.M.my looked around, and said

-You cured them?-

-I had to, I'm a Togmancer. Oh, by the way, don't think too hard; your brain is still a little frosty.- The D.U.M.my led them to the D.U.M. headquarters (This name is just asking for insults) and announced them to Chief Anonymous(No, that's not his real name. His mother never told him his real name; she said it was classified.).

-How come that dravir is out of the city?- Chief A asked.

-I have never heard of this "city" that you speak of. What is it?- responded the dravir.

-The city is the place where dravir and togs are staying to hide and plan battle strategy. It's also a great place to hang out.- Chief A explained.

-Where is it!?- demanded Copper.

Chapter 10. The D.U.M. city

-Oh, sorry! That came out a little bit rude. It's the tog-trainer voice. Togs are kind of stubborn so you have to use a firm voice.-

-Uh huh...............-

-Anyways, would you be kind enough to show us the current location of the city?-

-NO!!-

-Excuse me?-

-Before you can see the city, you must prove yourself.-

-But Chief A- said the D.U.M. member(It's still funny!) -He's found a cure for the entropified minions!-

-Did you see him do this?-

-Well, actually, I was passed out at the time but he cured a pack of entogs! Before, they were grossified, and now, they are normal! [Tog retches a rubber ducky into a corner]Well........... as normal as they get.-

-And how do I know he didn't just replace the togs and the dravir when nobody was watching?-

-Because I'll prove it!- said Copper, taking out the black orb.

-And that would be..............?-

-Entropy, taken out of these togs and this dravir, and in the shape of an orb.-

-How do I know you didn't fabricate that?- This was just about the worst thing he could say to Copper at the time. Copper stood up, wielding his longtog with a red face and fire in his eyes.

-Listen up you D.U.M. leader![snort] I came here to study the dravir, and I am going to study the dravir and no one is going to keep me from it! And if you want me to prove that I can cure the entropy, I will cure the entropy! Now bring me 2 entropified dravir and 2 entogs and I will add to this orb that I hold in my hands!- Chief A seemed to shrink a foot. Before him stood a hero dressed in pajamas yelling at him, and he was afraid! He, the mighty chief, afraid of a simple warrior. But maybe it wasn't just the voice. The green and red on his armor seemed to jump out of the lines, and it was so bright that his eyes were hurting. He pushed the intercom button and called for the entropified minions. They came in, wheeled about in glass cages. Copper stood toward them, held the orb out and thought about absorbing the entropy. The orb got a little darker as the energy flowed into it, and the minions were cured. He demanded where the city was and Chief A told them it was down the hall, second door to the left. They went there and opened the door.

-They call this a city?!?!- exclaimed Copper. -It's nothing but mud buildings carved out of the walls!!!- A group of Einstein-haired humans rushed towards them. They had heard he knew how to cure the dravir and wanted to know how.

-This is an orb of entropy. If you hold it and concentrate hard enough, you should be able to cure them. Now step aside, all I want to do here is study the dravir.- The D.U.M. scientists(kind of an oxymoron) then left to a big hut marked: ENTROPIFIED MINIONS. Copper then went to study the dravir.

Chapter 11. Dravirmancer trainers rescue

He turned to the dravir and said: -Pardon me; I still don't know you're name yet.!-

-It's Scaze.-

-Okay, Scaze, I'm Copper. Do you know any dravir who would be able to help me?-

-Well, there is Garzon, the chief mage, Str'gon, the chief warrior, Djilbo, the chief rogue and Mort, the chief idiot.-

-You have and idiot class?-

-He just likes to think so. He trains people to be horrible-pun-makers and pranksters with very offensive skills. Unluckily, these guys are entropic. Currently.-

-I concur. Let's un-entropify them and then I can train.- So saying, they jumped out of the city to start looking. Copper started off by getting another orb of entropy out of togs, then strengthening it from any entropic minion that came their way. The rescued then went to the D.U.M. HQs. After about an hour, they turned a corner to come face-to-face with an entropic dravir that looked important.

-It's Garzon!- said Scaze, -Watch out for his fire spells!- But it was too late; Copper was caught off guard and got a fireball in the face, leaving him scorched and black, yet still standing. Scaze's jaw dropped.

-Nobody's ever survived that fireball before! Much less stood close to intact!-

-1. About the fireball, there's always a first person to survive. 2. My body is intact, but my temper isn't.- Copper then proceeded to morph his arms into tog legs and started to rain down blows upon the unfortunate dravir's face. The dravir had another thing to fear; the undertogs were here! After Garzon had been flattened, Copper proceeded to leech the entropy out of him, transforming him into a dravir with a staff and a robe. They sent him to the D.U.M. city and continued with the rescuing. Str'gon went much the same way, except when they turned the corner Copper got a sledgehammer in the face. A nerdy tog speech about Sneevils, Aqueevils and Sneevmoles later, Str'gon was un-entropified and sent on his way to the city of the D.U.M.mies. It got a little different with Djilbo. He snuck up behind them and tried to stick a dagger into Copper's back, but the point hit a chunk of steel.

-I was expecting that!- said Copper with a smile. -This time I'm not going to get something in my face!- He then heldd up his longtog, which automatically swallowed Djilbo's head, blinding him for enough time to un-entropify him and send him to D.U.M.ville. Then it was time to go after Mort.

-Watch out, he's very fond of pies- warned Scaze.

-He's very fond of wha....[splurt].............[muffled]Oh, pies. Mmmmmmmmmmmm, cherry, his favorite.- Copper finished off the pie and handed the dish to the togs to lick. Then he turned to see Mort. He was an entropified dravir with a belt and some silly string cans in his hands, which he squirted all over Copper.

-Ummmm..... what was that supposed to do? [sizzle].....[sniff sniff]....... Do you smell pork? Wait, that's me.............. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah [gasp] aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, that's it! Longtog! Element: Wind! Skill: Tog Tornado!- Copper spun around rapidly, and his togs flew around him, creating a miniature tornado, which he flung at Mort, trapping him in. Then, un-entropify, kill whirlwind and go to the D.U.M. city.

Chapter 12. Dravirmancer Training

They returned to the D.U.M. HQs after about 5 hours of leader searching. Copper told them: -Mort, Scaze, togs, you go in and reserve a table. I'm going to get a few of Yulgar's strawberry smoothies.- At the word "smoothies", the togs perked up, their salivary glands working overtime. In ten minutes, Copper had six smoothies on a wooden tray and was heading for the mess hall of the D.U.M. city(Okay, now it's getting a little bit old, but I can still hear you chuckling). Inside, he saw a table with the five dravir sitting at it.

-Oh where could the togs be?- he said sarcastically. -I wonder where they are. I'll just go to the table with these delectable smoothies.- As he walked towards the table, 4 brown and orange blurs and 2 green and red blurs shot from the ceiling, grabbing the milkshakes and bungeed back up. Copper continued walking as if nothing had happened, the dravirs thoroughly confused. At the table, he gave the tray a quick flip and there were 6 smoothies there, filled to the top.

-You see, after about a year and a half of togs snatching my drinks, I started glueing the real ones on the bottom and empty mugs on the top. They don't notice because they swallow the cups whole- he explained

-So let's hear it. Why did you want to find us particularly?- inquired Garzon.

-Well, as you probably have found out by now, I am a Togmancer, actually the first one.- began Copper. -And I want to be a Togvirmancer. And the easiest way for a togmancer to learn dravir ways is to go to Willowshire, where there is the best tog-dravir relationship in all of Lore, making connection a whole lot easier. So I rescued you because you are all the chiefs of your classes, and I was hoping that I could learn from you.-

-So what you're saying is, that you want us to teach you the way of the dravir?- clarified Djilbo.

-Yes, and in return, I will be there when it'stime to un-entropify Gorgok and take down En and Tropy.- affirmed our green-skinned hero.

-You've got a deal with me, hero.- accepted Str'gon.

-Me too.-

-Me three.-

-Me Mort!-

And so, Copper began training. He started out with Garzon, training his transformation into dravir as controlled as possible and learning dravir mana and spells. then, he took classes from Str'gon, learning how to use his wings and tail to his advantage and the controlling of both dravir strength and weapon techniques. After his muscles were as hard as steel, he learned how to sneak around both on his clumsy feet and int the air, as well as learning how to comoflauge himself among the trees with Djilbo. Then came the tricky part(literally trick-y). In those last 4 months with Mort he was pranked so many times he began wearing full body armor to protect from the mousetraps, butning silly string, giant cymbal monkeys and thousand-volt joke buzzers. But in the end, he learned so much about tricks that he even got good enough to slip a whoopee cushion filled with boiling water on Mort's chair. It had taken him a year and a half to fully master the Togvirmancer class.

Chapter 13. The Test and Travelling..............Again

Copper looked around him and sniffed with his tog nose. He could sense that his 4 trainers were around him.

-For the love of minced meatballs, we're standing right in front of you in broad daylight! You can drop the "heightened senses" thing!-

-Enough talk, let's fight!-

This was Copper's last test. He was going against his 4 tutors at once. Mort started by showering exploseve confetti, making a thick gray cloud of smoke. Copper had just enough time to cast a nerdy tog speech before Str'gon puffed through the smoke. He froze, and Copper took advantage of the situation by punching Str'gon in every part, every part, I stress tosay, of his body with a musculous dravir arm.

-Ooooh, he's going to feel that when he wakes up!- Copper was right. When Str'gon unfroze he collapsed in pain............ right on to a bed of mousetraps. He ripped them off, eyes red, and ran towards Copper. Unfortunately for his feet, he stepped on an explosive whoopee cushion, which in turn propelled him to a tree with a nail stuck in, catching on his underwear and so giving him a super-wedgie. He screamed.

-That's funny; I didn't know that dravirs wore underwear.- observed Copper, amused and confused. He turned around too block an attack from Djilbo, the stealthy rogue. He materialized a scaly shield to protect him from Garzon's ranged attacks, and used his longtog to duel Djilbo at the same time. He was running out of time, as Garzon was coming closer with a steady stream of ice, fire, wind and stone balls coming from his hands, so Copper grew a pair of wings to take the battle to the skies, his opponents following. The battle continued for some time, on land and on air, with Mort occasionaly popping in to spit gum on Copper's hinges(elbows, knees, joints, etc.....) and Str'gon freeing himself from one of Copper's traps, to fall into a worse one, sometimes falling quite literally from the frying pan into the fire. Copper fought furiously, and in the end, all of his tutors were KO'd. Just for "extra credit", he rigged up a series of Mort's own traps all around him.

-Explosive whoopees? Check. Shocking buzzers? Check. Wedgie nail? Check. Giant mousetrap? [thud] Check-a-dee-doo!- Then he banged on a gong, yelling: -Rise and shine, commanders. Wake up! Wake up! Wake up Wakeup Wakeup Wakeup Wakeup! Mort, 8 o'clock, Mort, get up Mort. Mort, it's 8 o'clock. Mort! COCK-A-DOODLE-DOO, MORT!-
Finally, they all woke up, and were thankful they weren't in Mort's sandals, who were bouncing from trap to trap with Mort still inside of them. After Mort had bandaged himself, they went to the D.U.M. mess hall and Copper to Yulgar's. He pulled the tray trick on the togs again and then sat down.

-So, what are you going to donow, except for be the most powerful Togvirmancer around?(Not to mention the only one)- inquired Mort. Copper responded:
-I'm going to do my rounds around Lore and go to Dragesvard for a while.-

-Going after dracomancy too?- guessed Garzon.

-Hey! No fair mind reading!- Copper replied. Then they all shook goodbye. When he got to Mort, there was a little explosion in their hands. they had both pulled out a joke buzzer and they had overloaded. They both cracked a smile as they sat down, as two loud gaseous noises erupted from their hinds ends.

-Wait. I don't remember putting a wheepee cushion on Mort's chair!- Copper observed, confused.

-MORT!!!!!!!!!!!!- they all yelled at once. -What?- And so, Copper went on his rounds again. At the Necropolis, he found an Artix that was still sobbing over the scratch in his axe.

-Aw, come on, Artix. You can't let one simple little loss burn you down that much.-

-I failed. I always thought I was the best undead slayer in Lore, but I was...............sniffle............wrong! You should take my place! You were the one who beat me!-

-Artix? Stop being a crybaby. Look, Artix, there's an undead! Go get him! Go get him! Be a good boy and go get him!-

-You should! I probably couldn't even scratch him.- Copper had had enough. He slapped Artix in the face and shouted:

-Now listen up, ya big sissy! You have been here for years, and you have destroyed billions of undead! You have always been the first to attack and you haven't ever retreated! Now you will re-kill that undead and you will enjoy it! Now get over there and knock the stuffing out of that skeleton!- One hour later, Artix was chopping undead with glee, completely forgettinghis lossagainst Copper. -Well, time to send another video to Warlic.- So saying,he mailed it to Warlic's crystal ball and continued on his round. He showed up at Frydae's tower, but there wasn't even a bat there, so he creamed Guffer instead. He then went to make sure Cysero didn't explode the world and to exchange a three-eyed rabbit-squirrel he had found in exchange for a few DCs. Then he went over to Oaklore to visit rolith and show him about his new powers.

-Very impressive,- remarked Rolith. -so I suppose you're going to Dragesvard next?-

-You can read me like a book.-

-I only read comics. Well, mostly I just look at the pictures, you know?-

-Well, see you around!-

-Oh, wait a second. Wasn't it you who taped that video of Artix? That was FUNNY!!!!!!-

-Yes, that was me. Now excuse me, I have to go to Falconreach.- So Copper went to Falconreach, and to Serenity's inn. Clustered around one table, everybody was watching Warlic's crystal ball, upon which was Copper's new Artix video. And laughing. Loudly. They welcomed him to the table and cogratulated him on his 2 hit videos of Artix. They asked him how he got Artix to cry so realistically.

-Well, let's just put it this way: do you think that anyone could get Artix to fake cry at all?- This made them enjoy his company even more. After the video was done, Warlic himself thanked Copper for the entertainment and also said: -You are becoming very powerful, Copper. Someday you may even equal me. But I will have to tell you something. You will not get to Dragesvard very soon, for you will have something even more important to do. Even I don't know what this is, but you will find it when you're not looking for it.-

-Thank you Warlick. I just wonder what would be important enough to keep me from Dragesvard.-

-You will soon find out. But now, stay a little while in Falconreach; Yulgar is here for a month with your favorite..........-

-SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-

-I wonder who Mort is, and why he asked me to put a laxative in Copper's drink. Oh, well, Copper can take it.- said Warlic to himself as he walked away.

End of Part One of Tales of a Togmancer.
Part Two: The Togmancer's apprentices, is coming soon!

< Message edited by kowlickkid -- 4/12/2011 2:12:57 >

><((((º>.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º> To do this, you'd need to be a complete genius
or a total fool. Lucky for us, he's both. ~Rocketman~ Read this please!
DF  Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (DF) Tales of the First Togmancer
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition