Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =HS= Who will be HeroSmash's Next Major Hero or Villain?! [Discussion]

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> RE: =HS= Who will be HeroSmash's Next Major Hero or Villain?! [Discussion]
Page 11 of 27«<910111213>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/31/2011 13:34:10   
Gabriel Darkmoon

I personally find it unfair, that they accept only videos and not writings. I don't know how to make a video, but i know how to write a story. Even though English is not my mother language, i did my best to write a backstory for my character awhile ago. I described pretty well my character, his actions, his motives and his early adventures in Liberty City. It is so sad, that writing is not something AE pays attention to. Which is odd, because Artix himself is very good storyteller.

Embrace Pinkness
AQ AQW  Post #: 251
3/31/2011 14:36:50   
RodrigoUZ

This is a video contest. Not a writing contest. What you do is like going to a skate competition and complaining on how you can't win by playing the trumpet.

Removed unnecessary content, let's not have that kind of talk please. ~Digi

< Message edited by Digital X -- 4/1/2011 3:29:01 >
MQ AQW  Post #: 252
3/31/2011 15:04:53   
IceCold

@Gabriel: This is a video contest. Like RodrigoUZ said, it's like going to a skate competition and complain you can't compete with the trumpet.
AQW  Post #: 253
3/31/2011 15:11:34   
D1F3Forum

However, I thought the staff was also conducting a super secret picking of another npc by either desriction on forums OR video...However they also said that a video would help...
Idk...I have seen people complaining about not wanting to embarrass themselves and all they do for their vid is put their HS hero/villain in a vid w/out live action...

ALSO:
You don't have to know how to make a video to be chosen...I watched the Artix and (Whatever the other guys name was... ) video and I thought it was:
1) Wierd
2) Funny
3) Creative
4) Slightly poorly made
5) Little to no props required

And yet the video was probably one of the best ones I have seen...
As I said before, you don't need to know how to make a video. Just have fun, be creative, funny, COMPLETELY INSANE!!!, and don't worry about embarrassing yourself!!!

P.S. Almost forgot!!! Don't forget to wear your underwear on the OUTSIDE!!!

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 254
3/31/2011 15:29:32   
Gabriel Darkmoon

Video contest is merely a TOOL for other purpose. It is used to select player's character for NPC in a game, not to find the best video maker. In opposite to skate competition, where their goal is to find the best skater. Kthnxbai.
AQ AQW  Post #: 255
3/31/2011 16:19:12   
GriffinFire
Pirate King

RodrigoUZ and IceCold, this is, at its core, a character creation contest, but it's been limited to a single medium. For such a big prize, that's really unfair.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 256
3/31/2011 18:19:55   
RodrigoUZ

In the video you MUST present you character. It's not about how well the video is made, is how well you present your character.
MQ AQW  Post #: 257
3/31/2011 19:00:26   
GriffinFire
Pirate King

Exactly. So why not allow us to present our character in a different medium?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 258
3/31/2011 19:41:12   
Charries

@GriffinFire: I think if they had too many different mediums submitted judging would be rather difficult. For example what if a video and an equally good piece of writing were submitted, would they choose they video simply because of the added bravery required? Also what if people started complaining about not being able to use drawings or sculptures or comics or songs? Get my point?
AQW  Post #: 259
3/31/2011 19:54:06   
RodrigoUZ

@Gabirel Darkmoon Okay, you say that we should be accepted for our characters, not our skills in making video. Okay, let's assume we're in a writing contest and I start complaining on why can't I enter with a Character Sheet? If we're competing for character creatin, then a writing contest would be rules out too. The best writer would win, not the best character creator. One can make a good interesting character, but suck at writing. When there's a writing contest, you get in. I will too. And beat you. Over and over again. And then I'll T-bag you.
MQ AQW  Post #: 260
3/31/2011 20:01:26   
D1F3Forum

No need to be rude...
But seriously, they have a point. The point of the video is to introduce your character in a fun/slightly humiliating way (Isn't the FUN!!!). I can honestly say that I completely and utterly SUCK at making videos.

Reasons:
1) Bad Software
2) Bad Camera
3) Horrible way of taking my great idea and putting it on film

But that doesn't stop me...I wish that there were alternatives, but all everyone can do is try your best...AND MAKE A REALLY AWESOME CHARACTER!!!

Vaenjaece FTW!!!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 261
3/31/2011 21:12:48   
Llamataur

I think you should go out there and make video. It's suprisingly fun. Plus the only other time you can dress up in a superhero costume without people think that you're a super weird freak is halloween which is months away.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 262
3/31/2011 21:56:52   
austinnyc116

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXrkmkZ1gJ4 here is mine this is 2nd one due to issues for the first thx
AQ  Post #: 263
4/1/2011 0:19:57   
AEninja

when the contest will end

-ninja_Killer1128

4/1/2011 3:02:21   
Knight of the Dragon

For those interested, here is my entry!

Hope you enjoyed it!

Yep, that's me, go laugh if you wish. Trust me, it's extremely hard to do if you're my age. Good Luck to everyone!

~Knight of the Dragon
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 265
4/1/2011 3:30:25   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

@AEninja, to quote from the first post:

quote:

CORRECTION: The YouTube contest is for Villains AND Heroes. There will be a winner every month, starting in April, for as long as we keep this contest running.

FAQ
Q: How many winners will there be:
A: MANY PER MONTH! (This contest is still going on... and will be on-going… )
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 266
4/1/2011 4:58:31   
jegaggin

do we need to repost the video back into the thread?
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 267
4/1/2011 8:41:08   
IceCold

Guys, don't worry to be humiliated. Example, today I screamed "HARRY!!! I AM VOLDEMORT!" to a random guy. At the mall xD
AQW  Post #: 268
4/1/2011 10:47:40   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

XD

I wish I could watch your video.... It's getting so annoying (and so tempting) being a bystander... Such a pity we have that no youtube rule...
DF  Post #: 269
4/1/2011 13:43:18   
Jae10
Creative!
Constructive!

Me! Me! Me! Pick Me! Jking^^ Anywho...thiz is my first post sooooo in my opinion, I think itz great to have more than one avenue of deciding the new NPCs...gives AE a challenge >:P. Imma artist, expressin myself on vid iz like never gunna happen and im sure many otherz mite agree but for the brave ones - Kudos! And Cyero's sketch iz awesome btw

< Message edited by Jae10 -- 4/1/2011 14:33:50 >

AQW RP Hub (English):

https://discord.gg/xhjFYJHAxY

Battleon & RP-on! -.^

AQW  Post #: 270
4/1/2011 13:54:26   
IceCold

@Drakkonis: Do you have access to other video providing places?
AQW  Post #: 271
4/1/2011 20:37:02   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

That depends, I usually watch T.V. shows on the internet (movies too), however I don't usually watch (non-professional) personally made videos online.

Hower, that is a mute point considering artix is only considering Youtube videos, I believe.
DF  Post #: 272
4/2/2011 0:39:30   
FearFandango

I'm working on my entry. I'll get my friend to record it. I'm working on the costume right now. This should be interesting.....
DF  Post #: 273
4/2/2011 1:10:22   
FearFandango

So. About the @battleon.com email address. How would I obtain one o'them fancy thingamagummies?
DF  Post #: 274
4/2/2011 13:54:15   
IceCold

@FearFandago: They will e-mail you.
AQW  Post #: 275
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> RE: =HS= Who will be HeroSmash's Next Major Hero or Villain?! [Discussion]
Page 11 of 27«<910111213>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition