Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: FAME now available on character pages!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: FAME now available on character pages!
Page 2 of 7«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/25/2011 16:26:19   
He Who Lurks

Icy, are you being sarcastic because the smiley at the end makes it hard to find you serious especially after stating such a serious offense. Anyways, I like this new system added to the character pages. This will surely make EpicDuel a lot more interesting.
AQ Epic  Post #: 26
3/25/2011 16:29:16   
  Charfade

quote:

Button33: Here's the problem. I can vote for myself everyday. That means I will get a vote everyday. This feature could be easily abused.

@Button, nothing wrong with voting for yourself everyday! Actually we encourage it. :)

< Message edited by Charfade -- 3/25/2011 16:30:26 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 27
3/25/2011 16:30:18   
Icy
Gone with the wind

@He Who Lurks
Sorry. I was being serious. Sigs that say "give me fame" or "up my fame" would be referral links and are against forum rules.

It is okay to have your character page in your signature if you want.
MQ  Post #: 28
3/25/2011 16:32:07   
x666satan666x

i think it would be a good idea to have to log in to vote for fame, so in the future we will be able to see who voted. for curiosity and so we may vote for them if wished.
Epic  Post #: 29
3/25/2011 16:33:52   
button33

@Charfade:
See, in real life, you can vote for yourself one and only one time. So instead, it should be that you can vote for yourself once per week. In elections, you don't see someone voting for themselves 100 Times.

< Message edited by button33 -- 3/25/2011 16:34:28 >

It wouldn't matter to me, I would probably lose 5,000 wins from the npcs. Most importantly, my character is made of skill. ~Angels Holocaust
AQW Epic  Post #: 30
3/25/2011 16:33:53   
  WhiteTiger

Majestic Feline of AQ3D & ED

@Ashari: Ooh, an in-game achievement would be nice.
AQW Epic  Post #: 31
3/25/2011 16:41:59   
Laos

I can't seem to understand why anyone would of thought of implementing this. I can see more negatives outcomes with this, than positives.
AQW Epic  Post #: 32
3/25/2011 16:50:58   
PlungerMistress

I think this feature will lead to nothing but hurt feelings.
Because that's what popularity contests are made for.

< Message edited by PlungerMistress -- 3/25/2011 16:51:24 >
Post #: 33
3/25/2011 16:57:23   
Buffy A. Summers

I Have To Admit...This Is A Very BAD Idea.

Now, From My Perspective...This Would Be A Good Thing...

The Girls Of Buffy, The Legion of Buffy, Buffys Angels, ...

And "Unoffically"... BoysOfBuffy, kids of buffy, Mens Of Buffy, The Boys Of Buffy, etc...

People Create Factions With My Name... I Am Way Famous...lol...BUT...

I Do Not See How This Is A "Positive" Game Addition, Seeing As Though 80-90% Of The Game...Cannot Compete With The Top "Legends" Of ED.

It's Yet Another ELITE System...For Top Players...While Long Awaited Features, Such As New Battle Modes, Partial Varium "Buyback", Faction Founder Step Down, etc...

Go Months...UNDONE...Things That Would Help ALL PLAYERS.

What is The Purpose Of This (Fame)?

I Prefered The Idea of Epic Duel Investor Achievement...To Award Loyal Players (Customers) For Supporting The Game.

With Missions, Bosses, Factions, And "Buyable" Achievements...The Last thing We Need Is A Popularity Contest Daily...It's Unfair For 90% Of The Game.

For Once...Devs, Stop Being 'Prideful'...Admit You Made A Mistake And REMOVE This Insane Feature, Before You Create More Of A Rift Between The Top 5% Of The Game And The Rest.

If You Wish To Reward Your "Best" Players...Most Well Known...There Are Far Better Ways.

Like "ED Legends" Achievement (All Time Leaderboard Players), "Ed Investor" Achievement ($1,000+ Varium Purchases), "Epic Leader" For Faction Founders Who's Factions Have Won Faction Medals (Like WD)...

So Many Other Ways To REWARD So Called "Famous" In ED. Everyone Already Knows The "Top" Players, Factions, Etc...

This Seems A Horrible Idea...And I Would Like To Know Where They Plan On Going With This, And More Importantly...WHY?

< Message edited by Buffy A. Summers -- 3/25/2011 17:04:56 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 34
3/25/2011 17:04:12   
pokepwner

Just lovely, another popularity contest, just more OPEN. I don't see how this has any positive effects of the game (well the rewarding kindness idea seem nice). All i can see is people begging their friends to give them fame, alteast there's no fame LEADERBOARD(not yet).
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
3/25/2011 17:05:41   
He Who Lurks

^Buffy, I have to disagree with you. I have a level 22 Mercenary who has already achieved 5 fame. It's more of a matter of being noticed rather than being one of the "elite".
AQ Epic  Post #: 36
3/25/2011 17:08:39   
wario the great

imo it is good and bad

good:
some fun
can compete

bad:
why this?
alota braggers

would be good if there was an achevement for like 500 fame points
imo overall it ok
AQW Epic  Post #: 37
3/25/2011 17:17:33   
tigura

O.o

Sounds like everyones going to be asking to give fame to each other. Hopefully there will be an achievment...

Unfortuantely, I can also see lots of negative things coming from this thought.

< Message edited by tigura -- 3/25/2011 17:18:26 >

I am a DoomKnight
DF Epic  Post #: 38
3/25/2011 17:17:32   
Laos

Honestly, I believe adding an achievement would only serve to stimulate spam. In this case, people would be walking around and spamming ''Plz fame me!'' or something along the lines of that.
It doesn't mean anything yet, and people are still begging me to fame them in battle. I just think this is going in the wrong direction.
AQW Epic  Post #: 39
3/25/2011 17:18:48   
Buffy A. Summers

See?

You Are Correct Wario...Alot Of Braggers...It Has Already Begun...

Example A:

Above Post...Level 22 Mercenary...Has 5 Fame Votes...What Has This Player Accomplished In Game? Nothing.

It's Just Asking/Knowing People Who Will Vote. Popularity...How Is A Lvl 22 Merc Famous Exactly? PLZ Explain.

Example B:

I've Already Been Flamed In PM, Being Told...HAHA, I Have More Votes Than You From Someone, I Honestly...Don't Even KNOW Or Have Heard Of In Game.

How Is Any Of This A Positive Game Feature?

Is A Level 22 Merc...With More Fame Votes...Better And More Well Known, Than...Buffy, Angels Holocaust, Narsicuss, Dragonwawa, etc... NO.

But, Someone Gets Friends To Vote For Them...And This Is What We Get. This Is Not A Good Thing. Mark My Words.

< Message edited by Buffy A. Summers -- 3/25/2011 17:19:55 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 40
3/25/2011 17:22:27   
BloodRainbow

quote:

It's Yet Another ELITE System...For Top Players...While Long Awaited Features, Such As New Battle Modes, Partial Varium "Buyback", Faction Founder Step Down, etc...

Go Months...UNDONE...Things That Would Help ALL PLAYERS.

What is The Purpose Of This (Fame)?

ppl have been askin for charater pages just as long as they've been askin for thoses things.

the purpose... just for fun?
i see absolutly no problem with this all it is is a button on ur char page. y cry about it?
Epic  Post #: 41
3/25/2011 17:26:41   
Practel
Spectating from the Sidelines

@Buffy Whats the issues with having friends? Just calm down lol.

Also, I am practel, you may not have heard of me or not! :)

What makes anyone else not as important as you?

< Message edited by Holiday Practel -- 3/25/2011 17:29:20 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 42
3/25/2011 17:28:37   
DeathGuard

I will put a fame point in every user who has post in this thread lol xD haha hope i help
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 43
3/25/2011 17:29:14   
xxmirxx

I don't think fame thing is good thing.
AQ Epic  Post #: 44
3/25/2011 17:30:37   
Buffy A. Summers

@BloodRainbow

Ok...It's About Fun Is It?

Then Why Not Most Hours Spent Logged On Achievement?

Or Most Names Bought Leaderbaord?

Sounds Fun to Me.

When Exactly Does The "Excuse Of Fun" Substitute For Insanity?

Have You All Gone Mad? This Is A PvP Game.

It Used To Be About Battles And Wins, Builds, Etc...

How Far We've Gotten Away From That.

@Practel... YOU Are The One Making It About You And/Or Me...

I'm Speaking For The ED Community, Something You Care Little About Apparently. This "Feature" is Not Necessary And "Most" Will Not Find It "Fun."

And I Have No Idea Who You Are...Sorry, It's True. What Faction Are You In?

< Message edited by Buffy A. Summers -- 3/25/2011 17:34:02 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 45
3/25/2011 17:34:15   
PivotalDisorder

I just set up a bot to vote and already im upto 275 :) just butchered a vote bot i used for another site and works sweet.
give me a few weeks and no one will ever match my fame, ill have the biggest e-peen ever and no one can touch this.

^^ yes the above was a joke
Post #: 46
3/25/2011 17:36:49   
xxmirxx

I think have frame thing is not good cause if your friends don't vote you in they will be hurt.
AQ Epic  Post #: 47
3/25/2011 17:36:59   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

I think this will lead into a All-time and daily fame charts. It is a unique feature that both non-variums and variums have equal ability. The one's who will thrive will be in-game personal. Individuals who advertise the game through You Tube, twitter and other social networks will gain edge.
AQW Epic  Post #: 48
3/25/2011 17:42:07   
Arcanis

Bad idea. Period.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 49
3/25/2011 17:42:15   
DeathGuard

I just take this as another fun of epicduel , Im putting random names and voting xD! This is really funny for me hahaha
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: FAME now available on character pages!
Page 2 of 7«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition