Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Design Notes March 25, 2011: 1.1.4b - Mission Possible

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Design Notes March 25, 2011: 1.1.4b - Mission Possible
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/25/2011 21:57:22   
Angels Holocaust

This update was just awful. I have never been so disappointed in my life. For goodness sake a popularity contest in a pvp game. This isn't prom guys, this is EPICDUEL.
Post #: 26
3/25/2011 22:00:10   
eragonshadeslayer67

^lol angels is a mindreader

This release woulda been alright in my book if only the quest was re-doable which would make gold farming A LOT easier
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 27
3/25/2011 22:08:27   
  Charfade

Keep in mind that quests are still very new to the Epicdule system. We love the idea of mission challenges. They will be improved as we progress with this new system. Even though these quests are really for lower level players, higher level quests with better rewards will be available in the future.
MQ Epic  Post #: 28
3/25/2011 22:08:32   
Buffy A. Summers

@Vodiance

No Offense Taken Voidance. :)

I Knew What You Meant. You Keep Doing Your Forum Thing Voidance. We Are A Rare Breed...We Enjoy Bathing In The Flames. ;)

This Update Has To Be An April's Fool Joke...PLZ Tell Me It Is.

That They Will Drop This LeaderBoard...QUICKLY.

@Angels

"This update was just awful. I have never been so disappointed in my life. For goodness sake a popularity contest in a pvp game. This isn't prom guys, this is EPICDUEL."

How True! Remember When This Game Was About Battles, Wins, Builds And Faction Success?

Now It's A "Social" Club...Alot Like High School. And The "Teachers" Are Way Out Of Touch With Their Students. *cough* Admins

Again...If This Fame Board Is A "Joke" PLZ Remove It... ASAP

And Not Funny. Picture Like... Nightwraith As An Old Dude Using A Whoopie Cushion On A Student... And Laughing Crazily As The Student...Stares And Glares At Him.

Hilarious...Student Thinks...How Much Is Tution At This School? *Rolls Eyes*

< Message edited by Buffy A. Summers -- 3/25/2011 22:13:21 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 29
3/25/2011 22:12:47   
PivotalDisorder

Promises in business mean nothing. and you accepted the terms of service for every aspect of this game Buffy, they owe you nothing.
Post #: 30
3/25/2011 22:13:41   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

At Buffy's previous comment about making quest repeatable: I think that would be a very good addition for quests that just reward small amount of credits or experience.

Daily quests that can be done once a day would be a tremendous help to more casual players to help them catch up with extra credits or experience and it really give the quests some shelf life since everyone will be able to do them continually. It won't be a one-time thing that you forget about.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
3/25/2011 22:15:28   
voidance

I think the biggest challenge to the new quest was trying to find 12 people to accept your challenge request. (and yes i mean without boosting it with a friend)
AQW Epic  Post #: 32
3/25/2011 22:15:48   
  Charfade

@Ashari I've always loved the idea of daily quests... were working towards that point. We just need to find a healthy balance of daily quests that wont break the ED system XD I'm sure will get there. BTW I never welcomed you as a AK... welcome ^_^ sorry its not big and fancy... I've been working a lot this week.

Awww no worries Charfade! Thankies for the welcome. =) ~Ashari

< Message edited by Ashari -- 3/25/2011 22:22:25 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 33
3/25/2011 22:16:39   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

@Voidance, can i not just click 1v1 and do it that way?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
3/25/2011 22:19:49   
PivotalDisorder

i think having some quests that require more effort than 2 shotting guards is great.
having to find 12 people to challenge is....challenging I agree, but also means players wont just breeze through it and encourages
players to use the challenge feature, rather than just clicking 1v1. the idea seems to be well thought out and appears to be poorly
executed cause its really just a test mission. Im sure as they become more indepth the appreciation for them will increase.

Its harder to make a guild on world of warcraft than it is to find 12 challengers :)

EDIT: oops I forgot you could lose 12 challenges and would need significantly more matches to complete it.

@Buffy: seriously, get over yourself.
Ive heard your argument so many times. 5 customers do not support the entire game, and even if those 5 had never contributed
ED would be going forward as before. so the "I pay your wages" and "I pay so you can play for free" arguments hold no water.

< Message edited by Jehannum -- 3/25/2011 22:22:35 >
Post #: 35
3/25/2011 22:27:31   
Buffy A. Summers

Helping to Build And Support A Game And Not Being Appreciated Or Respected For It Is A Problem.

My Point Was...The Higher Ups Know This...Which You Are Not. You Should Applaud Players Who Support The Game You Love, Not Crucify Them.

So Of Course You Have No Idea What Goes On Behind The Scenes.

Just Another Brick In The Wall.

On Topic: Daily Quests Are Much Better For All!
AQW Epic  Post #: 36
3/25/2011 22:37:56   
voidance

Let me clear up the confusion. I was being sarcastic, its not hard to find 12 challenge request BUT that was the hardest part of the quest.

And yes digital you have to challenge request people.
AQW Epic  Post #: 37
3/25/2011 22:38:59   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

No wonder i couldn't complete it Cheers Voidance.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
3/25/2011 22:39:23   
eragonshadeslayer67

@digital: actually you didn't, I didn't want to retrain from my "fun" build and farmed NPCs and I still got the rewards
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 39
3/25/2011 22:41:14   
Epic Pwnser

To Jehannum and voidance...
You could also had killed the city light guard 5 times per hour.
The lvl 1 and the lvl 3 one. Then wait an hour, then the lvl 1 again only 2 times.

Epic  Post #: 40
3/25/2011 22:46:21   
voidance

The quest said "Players"
AQW Epic  Post #: 41
3/25/2011 22:47:16   
PivotalDisorder

@Epicpwnser: Im so used to quest helper telling me where to go and what to do [WoW] that I didnt even read the mission info....lol
slightly offtopic, does the new guard have different fight tactics, or just a new look ?
Post #: 42
3/25/2011 23:12:00   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

With the main demographics being teens, the element of being famous could pose issues. Many adults including myself try to diffuse the reality of famous. This could be improved upon where Famous could be based on merit for the game.

As many noticed the character pages have updated to advertise the game. The famous feature is not really meant for fellow players, but for introduction of new players into the game. By having people look into our character profile and give them a small gimp into the game.

Looking into this, I think by giving the players a choice to create their own bio along with information to promote the game like You Tube Channels, Social Networks like Facebook and Twitter.

If a link was provided in the player profile for the visitor viewing the profile directly to try out the game, and the player's profile would earn merit points. If the player buys Varium, they would earn something else.

Right now, it will be difficult because there will be much in-game politics for essentially getting votes.

As I view now, only 2 servers are active. Our senior players have worked very hard to set up something special (tournaments) for players that gives them an opportunity show their skills and indirectly promote the game by video. We are not able to do this anymore, so essentially the game also looses by not giving us opportunity to promote with competition beyond how many and how fast. I am deeply sadden.

~JZaanu
AQW Epic  Post #: 43
3/25/2011 23:39:20   
Buffy A. Summers

I Agree With JZaanu.

Empty Servers Provided A Source For Tournaments Amongst Friends.

To Lock That Feature Out...You Are Taking Away Yet Another Aspect That Empty Servers Provided. One That Made The Game More Enjoyable For Many.

As Well As Peace, Privacy, Lack Of Lag, Etc...

It Is Very Sad That They Did This. I Hope They Will Reconsider.

I Will Do What I Can To Speak To "Higher Ups" And See If This Can Be Reversed.

< Message edited by Buffy A. Summers -- 3/25/2011 23:40:31 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 44
3/25/2011 23:59:36   
edwardvulture

I totally agree with Angels. Now I regret faming myself.....
EDIT: I didn't like the challenge quest because almost none of us enjoy battling real players because of many reasons. Quests should be an escape from that.

< Message edited by edwardvulture -- 3/26/2011 0:01:15 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 45
3/26/2011 0:06:57   
drinde

The StoryTrailer was good, but story-wise, why would Legion kill their own guards for missions?
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 46
3/26/2011 0:08:55   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

^ Oz isn't part of the Legion. He's the leader of the Exiles. Makes sense to start disrupting the Legions hold wherever he can.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 47
3/26/2011 0:25:02   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

Concerning the fame, I think it's just a fun little thing that stretches the advertising budget- pretty much what JZaanu said (although I can't say I'm happy that Randor won in our little competition for gaining fame today... just kidding, I love you, Randor. 8) )

Also, quests are very new to the game. Right now they're geared more towards lower leveled players, just because something is experimental doesn't mean that's the way it's going to stay forever.
Post #: 48
3/26/2011 1:04:53   
TankMage

Very nice ... bazaar still isnt open. GJ
AQ Epic  Post #: 49
3/26/2011 1:10:01   
drinde

I mean as in asking Legion Players to help him. Also, just found out that due to locking the less people's servers, I can't NPC without Disconnections.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Design Notes March 25, 2011: 1.1.4b - Mission Possible
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition