Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Old Animations

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Old Animations
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/28/2011 17:32:04   
TankMage

Does anyone remember the old style animation were you used to throw your sword up and hit them. I want that animation back i think it was pretty cool.

AQ Epic  Post #: 1
3/28/2011 17:36:55   
Angels Holocaust

I sure as heck don't want that feature back. I was the one who petitioned it to be removed. Throwing your sword up and striking is by far the dumbest thing that I've seen.
Post #: 2
3/28/2011 17:42:18   
He Who Lurks

Wasn't that in alpha, as I don't recall such a function. Well, it'd be nice to have it back.
AQ Epic  Post #: 3
3/28/2011 18:13:46   
voidance

Lol that sounds dumb, but how is it even possible to throw sword up in the air and strike at the time. I'm thinking he throws it up in air, catches it, then strikes? If im right yea that sounds dumb....
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
3/28/2011 18:44:47   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

It was actually still available in parts of Beta. I remember it being removed because of complaints that the animation was too long.

It was for using your gun actually. You'd throw the gravity defying sword up, shoot then catch it. :P
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
3/28/2011 18:46:18   
Soliqe

I'm a fan of good animation. For the whiners out there, an option to limit animations should be presented.

AQW Epic  Post #: 6
3/28/2011 18:47:45   
Santa ClawZz

No no Ashari, that was a strike option. You ran to your opponent, threw the sword air, then when you caught it, you striked the opponent.
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
3/28/2011 18:49:53   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

@Santa ClawZz: Oh I must be thinking of something else. I was never big a sword user... I must've not noticed it.

Anyways, I'd love to see some new refreshing animation to break the mold of battle. Anything that changes the monotony of battle is nice. :)

< Message edited by Ashari -- 3/28/2011 18:50:42 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
3/28/2011 18:58:45   
InceptionAE

i agree to have it back.

end of sentence.

-I'm done. I'm out.

ED~ Inception X
HS~ Chromium
AQW~ Deathblad
AQ3D~ Violent

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
3/28/2011 19:17:04   
Giras Wolfe

Throwing the sword in the air to fire a gun? Absolutely stupid.

Throwing it in the air, grabbing it, and then swinging down at your opponent? Sounds more like a skill or rage hit.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
3/28/2011 19:24:29   
Avantir

@Giras Wolfe-Sounds to me like our characters needed to clean the sweat off of their hands for a second before they attacked.

You want us to sneak into the Cap and rescue him?

Yes.

Oh. You aren't joking. You're crazy!
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 11
3/28/2011 20:04:31   
helloguy

If this useless animation is to make a battle even slightly longer than I go against it.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 12
3/28/2011 20:35:20   
veneeria

@angels holocaust: then again it was also the least dumbest compared to the rest. xD

Honestly.. i'd like to see some updates on the animations of the skills.. like massacre.. (in which in my opinion should look more deadly and energetic)

AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
3/28/2011 23:16:01   
truc

Man I loved that animation although my person favorite was in alpha, when you threw your weapon down and it looked as if the gun had hard recoil.
I want these animations back. : /
Epic  Post #: 14
3/29/2011 3:30:47   
ReV3nGe

You're just being nostalgic

New is better than old
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
3/29/2011 6:23:17   
Snaipera

^'Chinese democracy' IS NOT better than "Appetite for Destruction" . Period . New is NOT always better than old !
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
3/29/2011 14:52:21   
hardcore59

i mostly saw that with the beta cleaver but yea i do miss it and it's just a striking animation why would you petition to kick it out of the game you act like it changes anything

Youtube.com/FAINTgames
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 17
3/29/2011 16:11:25   
King FrostLich

@above: It's simple lame. I even hated it and if it were you happening in real life, your enemy can just kick you in the groin before you even catch the sword to your hand and make a slash.

Edit from Cinderella: let's keep this PG, shall we?

< Message edited by Cinderella -- 3/29/2011 18:46:18 >
Epic  Post #: 18
3/29/2011 17:15:39   
PivotalDisorder

@Frost lich: my face hurts from grinning too hard ...........

Edit from Cinderella: again, PG

< Message edited by Cinderella -- 3/29/2011 18:46:47 >
Post #: 19
3/29/2011 17:23:14   
W4r0ft1t4ns

Good times, I miss those animations too bad there gone. I wish they would have included them in with the new ones.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 20
3/29/2011 18:53:39   
veneeria

like i said earlier there are way more silly "stuff", like for example : the mercenaries amazing magic trick "take a bazooka out of the top hat" (Bunker Buster) or the pocket bike that some of us carry.
Chill. It is just a game, just laugh.. do not hate it >_>
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
3/29/2011 19:43:20   
TankMage

@Angels Holocaust
quote:

Throwing your sword up and striking is by far the dumbest thing that I've seen.

And pulling bazookas out of nowhere is completely normal? Or calling in an energy based air strike? Although i guess walking up to someone and stabbing them with a staff is normal?

Quote from Wikipedia:
quote:

players assume the role of a character (often in a fantasy world) and take control over many of that character's actions

Its a fantasy game anything should be allowed to happen.

I feel that we are in need of some new attacking animations to spruce up the game abit. Make it more exciting. I'd love to see some special effects with some of the animations. Glowing attacks that have bursts of colour come across the screen upon impact. Plasma attacks would be a good start because they are already energy based and putting some special effects in with them would be easier due to that.

Something like:
When plasma bolt hits an opponent it explodes into a burst of incredibly colored smaller energy waves that fall to the ground and eventually disappear.
When someone uses a strike and gets blocked. We have an animation showing the block (Also animation for deflection)

And i felt there was absolutely nothing wrong with the old animations - give me a reason to dislike them and i may side with you (And no the so called "extra time" it added on compared to the normal attack was so small its not a legit reason.)

Signature removed. Please do not use your signature more than once per page. For more information, please read the =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules > Signatures ~Illuminator

< Message edited by Illuminator -- 3/29/2011 22:54:04 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 22
3/29/2011 19:59:53   
veneeria

so ed_tankmage gave the longer and detailed information of what i said repeatably there and others said. >_>

Though, i am assuming there isn't really someone specialized in animation in Epicduel, i am really sure it will eventually all come.
Senior players of epicduel , who saw it grow... might still remember still some of the old animations that now are nothing compared to what we already see.

So the magical bazooka that comes out of no where( thus the magical top hat) can actuality one day make sense.
Currently, i am more worried about the upcoming changes to the game (like quests and battle modes).

I also hope to see an new UI (user interface), this one could be worked a bit more.

But these are just long period Christmas wishes, so to keep on topic my answer is: "both. make it that the user can chose what animation he does, which is hard but perhaps only a local change (only the user can see the animation, others can't)"

Signature removed. Please do not use your signature more than once per page. For more information, please read the =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules > Signatures ~Illuminator

< Message edited by Illuminator -- 3/29/2011 22:53:31 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
3/29/2011 21:18:29   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

That was terrible! dont bring it back!
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 24
3/29/2011 21:49:15   
Wraith

I...pretty much hated it. However I loved the animations back in Alpha (I saw them in Chaos1x's ED vids). Instead of bashing someone on the head with a staff, you turn it and stab 'em. Then there was the energy pistol. There was electricity sparking on you when you got shot by Alpha Blaster or any energy pistol.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Old Animations
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition