Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Book of Mystery! Official thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> Book of Mystery! Official thread
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/1/2011 1:13:21   
superjars

Welcome to the mysterious mystique of the Mystery genre.

Whodunits, sleuths, detectives and noir writing pockmark the Book of Mystery. How will this book end? Nobody knows, but everyone wants to find out. Dark and foreboding, rainy nights are the ruling scenes here, and hard-faced, no-nonsense men and women canvas it's posts!

Just like the mysteries which abound for our intrepid gang of Eukara and her library assistants in their most recent adventure, we hope to see all sorts of other characters challenging strange puzzles, murderous mysteries, baffling problems and just in general finding strangeness wherever it may lurk.

I've personally been pulling for this book ever since it flashed across my screen last year when we voted, so I'm revved up and ready to write some great Holmesesque stories. I hope you all find ways to join me in this adventure!

Also, here are the Official Rules and Guidelines for the Book Projects!

Remember that the last day to submit (unless you are really good at begging) is May 31!

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 5/14/2011 19:21:42 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
4/1/2011 9:52:55   
Ultrapowerpie

Mail Moogle of AdventureQuest

Noooooooooooo, I wanted Comedy ;-;

Just for that, I'll make a mystery SOOOO difficult, You'll never solve it D:<

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 4/2/2011 15:43:02 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
4/1/2011 10:15:36   
Mordred

That'd be hilarious in of itself, Pie. Imma love watching them scratch their heads in confuddlement.

I'll see if time permits me to make something having to do with Mystery. I've found that time has preventing me from following through on my other promises, though.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
4/1/2011 23:34:42   
Reaper Sigma

@Pie: It was the butler.

May or may not write a story. I don't have an idea, whiich I usually do.
Post #: 4
4/2/2011 0:10:17   
Xplayer
Roaming the Web

Oh boy, will I actually submit for this one? Will I be able to review any of these stories (which I love to do very much)? No promises as April is my last full month of classes for the semester so I plan on being very busy. If I find some time I might be able to whip something up though.
AQ AQW  Post #: 5
4/2/2011 0:18:03   
Wildroses
A beautiful Rose,
always and forever

Is the mystery topic specifically whodunnits, or can we just build the story around any mystery we like? I was planning to use Necromancers and Undead, which is going to be a really short story if it's a murder mystery...

quote:

Necromancer Detective: Who killed you?
Murder Victim: The butler.

The End
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 6
4/2/2011 14:51:57   
Torn

I'm going to have a hard time thinking up a story for this month. I will try my best though.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 7
4/2/2011 15:44:28   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Well, this is going to be a hard month for me. This topic is definitely not my forte. I am not the biggest fan of mystery, but I am going to try anyway. Be prepared for some major stinkage.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
4/2/2011 19:00:26   
Ultrapowerpie

Mail Moogle of AdventureQuest

I'll show you all, I won't even HAVE a butler in mine. You'll never guess it D:<
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 9
4/2/2011 20:52:25   
Mordred

I look forward to it, Pie. Make them suffar. :P

But really, can you make it impossible to solve because we're too busy rofl'ing? No? Alrighty then.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 10
4/2/2011 21:11:58   
superjars

You can absolutely make the story up of anything you can think of. Mystery is all about building suspense, tossing your readers false clues, then bringing it all together for the solution.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
4/4/2011 12:54:54   
BadHulk

Pie, it was.... YOU!.

Nah, it should be Reaver.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 12
4/6/2011 2:18:40   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

O.O Doth my eyes deceive me?

:D This is terrific. I've read so many who-dun-it type novels growing up(and let's face it) even to this day and I consider myself a sleuth.

AQW Epic  Post #: 13
4/6/2011 13:47:07   
kingmack33

WOW!!!
i have to submit for this one i will make the story so bad you will not like it.
AQ AQW  Post #: 14
4/6/2011 14:49:52   
Dark slytherin

Time to draw up some mysteries...-Goes to her sketch pad- I will make it even more wicked >>
Post #: 15
4/6/2011 16:11:44   
kowlickkid

*Scene: three people on a couch and a detective standing in front of them. One is a maid, the other a butler, and the other an elephant in a long waistcoat and hat.* Detective: And the culprit is........the butler! Who I am convinced gored the victim before trampling him to death!

><((((º>.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º> To do this, you'd need to be a complete genius
or a total fool. Lucky for us, he's both. ~Rocketman~ Read this please!
DF  Post #: 16
4/7/2011 20:07:11   
Sinis

I'll be trying.
DF  Post #: 17
4/8/2011 11:50:42   
Jae10
Creative!
Constructive!

Coolz. I love writing.^^

Um, still not clear on how one submitz their story though... >>?
AQW  Post #: 18
4/8/2011 12:29:25   
superjars

To submit your story, you can:
PM it either to the Head Mod, Eukara Vox, or to any of the ArchKnights of L&L (superjars, Mritha, Cow Face, Master Samak or Shreder)
Post it on a site like pastebin and PM us a link to your work.

Do not post it anywhere else in L&L, as we like them to be a surprise when they are released into the book.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
4/9/2011 19:28:53   
Zane

Woah. If anyone goes scooby doo, I'm gonna cry.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
4/9/2011 23:01:27   
bruextian
How We Roll Winner
Aug14

What should i do?
What's the Mechanics?
What's the Story all about?

Cause their is no clear instructions.
AQW Epic  Post #: 21
4/10/2011 2:43:53   
alexmacf

You just write a mystery story and PM it to Euky or an AK by April 30th. It's pretty free.

I'll try it out, but I haven't a clue how to write a good mystery. Here's to hoping this month's homework isn't heavy!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 22
4/10/2011 9:19:22   
bruextian
How We Roll Winner
Aug14

The mystery is all about what?
AE games?
AQW Epic  Post #: 23
4/10/2011 10:08:02   
superjars

The mystery is about whatever you want. You are crafting a short story or poem that is mysterious in some way: it could be a straight-forward mystery, like the Sherlock Holmes stories, or it could be a story about a mysterious event or really anything that has some mysterious parts to it. That's the lovely thing; the Book of Mystery was made to let your creativity run wild and come up with unique and interesting ideas for stories.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
4/10/2011 10:12:02   
Mordred

I've had a certain mystery in mind... I'm going to try to make it so the characters figure it out, but the reader is not told, and must figure it out for his or herself. Would this be perfectly all right?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> Book of Mystery! Official thread
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition