Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= The Controversy of Fame

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= The Controversy of Fame
Page 4 of 6«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/5/2011 19:14:00   
Fay Beeee

I now do f4f

BUT mine is different. lol
I FAME FOR FREE

so how do you like that for a twist :)
Epic  Post #: 76
4/5/2011 20:17:25   
Liz Vicious

Fame, I'm sure Is an attempt by Epic Duel to re-create a sense of community within the game. I still say hello to people during combat and get no response so Ignorance still prevails It seems....Now we have 'fame for fame' Being the nice person I am I oblige but, have noticed that people haven't bothered to visit my character page In return. Sadly, I can't be bothered to 'fame' people now If this is a general attitude amongst some. Anyone else experienced this?

Thread "Just to be honest" has been merged with this thread since they essentially have the same topic. ~Illuminator

< Message edited by Illuminator -- 4/5/2011 20:37:43 >
Post #: 77
4/5/2011 20:18:25   
Light Stridr

quote:

We pound our chests and demand varium buy back... that aren’t in line with the current model of any of the other AE games

All the other games have secondary currency sellback, why not ED?
AQW Epic  Post #: 78
4/5/2011 20:33:11   
Competition

I just say no thanks.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 79
4/5/2011 20:39:37   
One Winged Angel1357

How do you feel about fame? Im against fame but i dont let it bother me.
Do you want fame gone completely? nope
Do you feel that fame can stay if there are certain limitations imposed? yes
If so, what are limitations on fame you would place? Fame for fame/ Fame 4 fame or any variations should be added to the chat block
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 80
4/5/2011 21:19:44   
  Charfade

quote:

Vick Vega: Which has more to do with Ads (# of people online for longer durations = more ad $). Fame is for “them”, it has nothing to do with “us”.

I just want to point out one fatal flaw in your theory there Vick... in order to receive ad $ from an external source... we would actually have to have a non AE game showing ads on the character page. Last time I checked... there all AE games on the site. Thus giving no extra revenue for the game.

MQ Epic  Post #: 81
4/7/2011 20:10:08   
Fay Beeee

I have one more now. :)

f4f = fight for fame (they have to fight me - win or loose) and I will fame them.

Dont think this is double posting :)
Epic  Post #: 82
4/7/2011 20:11:16   
Practel
Spectating from the Sidelines

I have one for f4f!

Fay4Fame!
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 83
4/7/2011 20:37:24   
Nexus...

Fame is just a great example of the deterioration of EpicDuel. It is crazy--absolutely unacceptable--that we have gone 2 years without a new battle mode in a PVP game. In my mind there should be a new one each week. Wait a second when was the last time we got a release that was game based not content and varium based? Oh yeah...fame.

ME: "OMG officer I just witnessed a murder"
COP: "Really...? Well I'm kind of hungry and I have a lot of other non-cop related duties to do, so Ill probably get to you murder case sometime in the next century. In the meantime, heres an icecream, and another and another and another and another...now go pay for your icecream like a good citizen..."
ME: "brainfreeze"

My experience with Epicduel.

SO-
How do you feel about fame? Fame is a waste of time, a diversion, and is ruining Epicduel beyond the point it was already ruined.
Do you want fame gone completely? Would be best this way but I'm guessing that won't happen.
Do you feel that fame can stay if there are certain limitations imposed? If worst comes to worst...fine.
If so, what are limitations on fame you would place? Chat block, say bye to leaderboards, bye to achievements...change the system altogether please...for the better please...don't make it worse please?

EpicE4

< Message edited by Nexus... -- 4/7/2011 21:37:10 >
Epic  Post #: 84
4/7/2011 23:07:47   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

@Fay Beeee: I agree that's a good way of doing it. Sitting at Oz 7 asking for fame just detracts from the game two-fold. You are creating a lot of spam and you aren't dueling.

I really do wish there was an in-game option at the end of a duel to fame your opponent. It would be a nice way to reward good fights.

@Liz Vicious: Sadly some people are always going to be selfish like that. But I think they'll realize soon that if everyone just asks for fame and no one is willing to take the 5 seconds to give it back, then the whole system will break down.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 85
4/7/2011 23:13:38   
Serpeants

How do you feel about fame? Its very cool but everyone is spamming it.
Do you want fame gone completely? Nope.
Do you feel that fame can stay if there are certain limitations imposed? Yes, of course.
If so, what are limitations on fame you would place? 10,000. It is also the limited fame cap.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 86
4/8/2011 10:38:57   
Calogero

fame 4 fame...

Most useless release ever...
Not only Epic Oz 7 but now also Twitter and Here is getting spammed ...

never thought begging was allowed, should I beg to someone to buy me var? ( seeing Begging is allowed )
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 87
4/8/2011 10:50:53   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

andy, we're trying to figure out how to deal with the fame begging. It's not the same as begging for varium (not remotely), since it doesn't involve information other than what you've given just by creating an account. We have the F4F topic here to prevent widespread begging.
Post #: 88
4/8/2011 10:57:28   
midnight assassin

F4f
fail for free
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 89
4/8/2011 11:01:07   
IsaiahtheMage

I LOVE FAME!! Why do you all hate it? Stop complaing like little winny cry babies fame is a great new feature to improve the game remember the new features and achievements they promised? Well guess what? THIS IS THEM! You all seem so blind to not realize this is the start of a brand new great epicduel. Fame is not useless its better for it to stay to make ED much more fun to give us more fun and Free to play things its a AMAZING FEATURE! Why do you all want it gone its here to help. And the new lvl cap will make this game even more fun and encourage more playing to become even stronger all of you plz open your eyes and see the truth this is the beginning of the next faze a new epicduel for the better future! Its best if fame stays it will make this game better and reduce the rude and cruelness in ED this is ED time to get its act together!

< Message edited by IsaiahtheMage -- 4/8/2011 11:02:38 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 90
4/8/2011 11:03:32   
Fay Beeee

quote:

How do you feel about fame? Unsure but I like the achievements
Do you want fame gone completely? No
Do you feel that fame can stay if there are certain limitations imposed? Yes
If so, what are limitations on fame you would place? I would like to see that you could not ask for fame at all, this way it would be given freely.
Epic  Post #: 91
4/8/2011 11:12:08   
Calogero

@ Cinderella

in my point of view, begging is begging, and this Fame 4 Fame otherwise you are flamed like hell is Actualy starting to ' Annoy ' me

There isn't 1 fight that someone doesn't ask for Fame...
Last guy called me a noob because I didn't wanted to fame him... If this is the future of EpicDuel, Sorry but I don't see myself in it then.

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 92
4/8/2011 11:19:26   
Sparticus

The "Fame" feature is a disaster. I doubt it's original intent was to promote begging but that's what it seems to have caused.

Fame should neither be asked for or sought after. Fame should be earned. Allowing players to gain so called "Fame" though alternate means is saddening.

You should never be able to give yourself "Fame", anyone who posts that they are famous or includes their own names in a list of famous players is pathetic. In much the same way you should not be able to add to your "Fame" rating.

You should have to fight for fame. "Fame" should only be offered after a battle and should be optional. No one should be compelled to give "Fame" away.

Lastly, there should never be a thread promoting the trade of "Fame", this would undermine the worth and usefulness of this feature. Trading "Fame" for "Fame" is a sad business practiced by players who's only real claim to honest fame is their skill as a beggar.

If you have been around as long as some of us have you already know the players worthy of true fame. They need not be recognized in this manner, they are already great and need no assistance from the DEVs to prove it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 93
4/8/2011 11:26:02   
Larcell

Loading chat log... (4/7/2011)
---- is a name.

World 7, Oz:

"Fame for Fame?"
"----will you fame me?"
"I famed you! You haven't famed me!!" Sensors indicate rising at a new level of 10%
"---- doesn't fame back!!" Sensors indicate rising at a new level of 20%
"Fame 4 Fame? ^^"
"Fame me...PLZ"
"F4F?"
"Thank you. Famed!!!"

(me): "Everyone ready for the lvl 33 cap tomorrow?"
"Fame 4 fame? ^^"
"----will you fame me?"
"----I famed you."
"Fame me....PLZ"

(me): *Clicks on 2v2*
Starting battle: 1
Staring battle: 2,3,4
Starting battle...

*Players take out their weapons and pose*

"Hi all!"
"Hi"
"Hi"
(me): (no response).
"Fame for fame?"
"Ok"
"ok"
"Famed"
*Second Turn*
"Fame me! ----(my name)"
(me): (No response).

*Nearing or during the third turn*
"Famed."
"Famed."
"Famed."
"Thanks"
"Ty"

End of conversations. Exiting...

If I hear the phrase "F4F?" or "Fame for Fame?" one more time...

< Message edited by Larcell -- 4/8/2011 11:35:15 >

Epic  Post #: 94
4/8/2011 11:39:13   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@Sparticus- the problem with restricting fame to battle is that it undermines the entire purpose of fame, which is to stretch the advertising budget. it's supposed to expose people to EpicDuel who wouldn't otherwise be exposed to the game. Maybe taking fame out of the in-game interactions would be better (and make my job easier, but I love anything that makes my job easier, lol)

@andy it annoys me too. I took my hands off the keyboard when someone started foaming at the mouth demanding fame. I threw the battle but it was so worth it to watch him yelling at a brick wall. I'm not encouraging this behavior in any way, shape, or form (it was a one-time deal for me), but this may be something that we have to slough through until the excitement dies down.
Post #: 95
4/8/2011 11:41:31   
Larcell

^"Foaming at the mouth"

That's when I'd run...
Epic  Post #: 96
4/8/2011 12:04:20   
king julian

add a defame button for those spamers that annoy me all the time. So if u just spam 4 fame ppl will de-fame u stoping u from spaming SOO MUCH!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 97
4/8/2011 14:10:03   
Vick Vega

It has been brought to my attention that my criticism of fame has not been constructive. This was never my intent so I thought long and hard about what I could give as constructive feedback on the matter. So here it goes. I think fame can work. We just weren’t ready for it. It’s too soon, ahead of its time. So for now, I say we remove it. In ten, maybe twenty years from now we can try it again. I think we will have had time to really ponder its importance and relevance to a PVP game and have a better acceptance of its implementation regardless of its rampant unpopularity. I know that the terminally optimistic people and the four fourteen year olds who really like it will be disappointed but we aren’t saying remove it forever, just for a couple of decades.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 98
4/8/2011 14:30:04   
B9000

@Sparticus, I pretty much agree with everything you wrote in post #93.

***Disclaimer:
TBH, I did put myself on the fame exchange list (though I don't ask directly f4f), but I only did it for the achievement, even-though it leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I really wish they would just remove the achievements so they wouldn't be there to nag/temp those who really don't want to get involved in this whole mess. Unfortunately my resolve was weakened as I watched the players I respected give in one at a time. To reduce my cognitive dissonance, I've had to tell myself that I'm a click-exchanger aiming for the click-collecting achievement. I have to say I admire you for not falling into this quagmire in the first place.***

Clearly, the fame feature has (almost) nothing to do with actual fame. Eg, perhaps only 3 of the people on the all-time fame list are actually worthy of all-time fame. By rewarding those who seek out fame the most, rather than acknowledging the accomplishments of players who have worked hard turns the whole idea of fame upon its head. I bet if someone was determined enough they could create a new account with 0 battles played and get on the all-time fame list, which would pretty much expose how little it really has to do with fame.

As Cinderella mentioned, the purpose is to promote the game. Therefore, IMO, it would have been much wiser for the devs to actually call it what it is. It should be an ED Promoter/Advocate rating. Furthermore, to prevent begging/trading, perhaps the devs should block the clicks from all IP addresses that have logged into the game. This makes sense as there is little point in advertising the game to people who already play. On the flip side, being that the feature was created to be used by those who don't play, it is downright silly to say those who don't even play yet could possibly know or vote for the people who are famous.

Now I will fame you, since you most certainly deserve it :P
Epic  Post #: 99
4/8/2011 14:38:18   
Vick Vega

I added myself to teh fame post. For the most part its the only way I fame others is from that post. I did it because it was tied to achievments which in my oipinion was the worst part and the biggest slap in the face to players. If you want stars you better be a noob at OZ 7 like everyone else.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= The Controversy of Fame
Page 4 of 6«<23456>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition