Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

My Solution to Fame

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> My Solution to Fame
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/2/2011 11:48:21   
Soliqe

NOTE: This is not a discussion about the feature, nor is it a suggestion.

I personally view fame as a feature that promotes elitism. (Basically: I R MOAR POP-U-LAR DEN U)
Not only that, but it can discourage others who may not be as "famous" as others.

We all know the other issue, "FAMEZ 4 FAMZEZORZ!" *pushes beggar away* and we know that the recent update just did this, "FAMEZ MAH NAO, FAMEZ4FAMZEZ!"

So now that we have that established, let's get into my solution.

Fame used as an Overall score

Being famous in this game wasn't about clicking a, excuse my french, freakin' UserPage. It was determined by the numbers of wins, losses, and how helpful the player was. Now, taking this into thought, let's bring up faction scores.

Faction scores are determined by several factors: Faction Wins, Flag Points, and Faction War wins. (forgive me for excluding anything) With this being said, instead of using fame as a tool for beggars who want to be "faked famous" let's give players work for that right. On paper, the concept of fame was probably a good idea. I even think it was a good concept. However, it was executed the wrong way. You must take the concept and apply it to your community. You'd have to treat it like a scientific hypothesis, "If fame will give the more notable and popular, then the lesser players will begin to beg."

My solution for Fame is that it be calculated as a total overall amount of various factors. What factors would effect this?

-Wins
-Rarity Score
-Achievement Score
-Faction Score(only viable if you had been a faction founder after faction scores were released)
-Number of Missions Completed
-Houses Owned

As you can see, it's a combination of various game aspects. THAT is how fame should be calculated. As for those who already got achievements, etc. it's really simple, adjust the scoring, and number of points to get an achievement, if some people already have one of the achievements, but do not have enough points after the switch, let them keep the achievement.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, this next part is purely a suggestion, but I decided to include it in here. You can keep the UserPage button, and just turn it into "page hits." and for every 20 page hits, the user could receive 50 credits. So that the feature isn't entirely wasted.

Opinions? Comments? Criticism?

AQW Epic  Post #: 1
4/2/2011 12:04:17   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

Perhaps make fame as what you suggested where you need in-game factors to become famous rather then spam for fame. Turn what is currently known as fame into Popularity. Popularity is just having friends who know you and will gladly raise your popularity. It would also be beneficial to add in an unpopular option so you can't just spam for popularity without losing some.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
4/2/2011 12:13:29   
Shadow Jester

Like i always said i want to be a legend or popular in the game
BUT NOT having FAME for a feature lol
I want to earn my popularness....
I would try to get on the leaderboards...make a faction.... Be friends with alot of people who are good people and good players
..Thats how it should be...Not begging nor asking
Just earn it...
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
4/2/2011 12:17:35   
8x

Awesome idea :)

Edit: I just hope that Titan or Nightwraith see this thread and think about it.

< Message edited by 8rlx0 -- 4/2/2011 12:18:59 >

Epic  Post #: 4
4/2/2011 12:18:15   
Competition

Best idea ever.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 5
4/2/2011 12:22:11   
Shadow Jester

NW or Titan is NOT removing this feature ...
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
4/2/2011 12:27:08   
Nebula

That is quite a good idea. If there really has to be a fame feature on this game, making it determined by factors that don't involve begging would improve it greatly.
Post #: 7
4/2/2011 12:56:58   
Mecha Mario
Mechanized Plumber

Yes, I have read it. Still, anything related to fame can be done here instead.

Locked.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> My Solution to Fame
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition