Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: your oppinions on trading in epic duel?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: your oppinions on trading in epic duel?
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/2/2011 21:55:25   
Vick Vega

Bad for Ed / hard for Ed / great for player = never happen
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 26
4/2/2011 22:00:29   
goldslayer1

@vick vega
another example (which will be good for ed money wise)
is every time an item is traded and it has enhancements on it. once that item is traded the enhancements go away
so the person who just got that item, has to buy the enhancements for it.
therefor ED still gets money in return.
another way is charging maybe 500 varium WHEN a trade is done.
this way it will stop "hackers" or "scammer"
and the 500 varium can be payed by the person who wants to trade or the person who is receiving a trade offer.
AQW Epic  Post #: 27
4/2/2011 22:18:04   
Vick Vega

Don't get me wrong. I want trade more than the next Guy. I just know it will never happen. We get crap like fame. Whoo hoo.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 28
4/2/2011 22:21:58   
goldslayer1

@vick
true, perhaps if the staff FOCUSED on stuff that actualy matters, NOT fame.
then maybe stuff like trading could be implemented.
altho it would be nice if the hired some more staff that way we get bigger release, and can get things done faster.
AQW Epic  Post #: 29
4/2/2011 22:50:12   
TankMage

^ I'd prefer if some of the other more important features were worked on at the moment.

< Message edited by TankMage -- 12/20/2011 2:48:53 >

AQ Epic  Post #: 30
4/2/2011 22:51:25   
goldslayer1

@ed_tankmage
well with introduction of fame those promises are now 2 more weeks away.
AQW Epic  Post #: 31
4/2/2011 23:50:20   
Buffy A. Summers

Off Topic:

I Will Not Comment Here On My View Of Fame...As It Would Cause Quite A Controversy.

And More Importantly My View On WHY This 'Fame Feature' Is Being Used.

On Topic:

I Believe The Only Things At this Point That Would Greatly Improve The Game And Further Evolve It Into What We All Had Hoped For Is...

In Game Trading And Long Awaited (And Promised) New Battle Mode.

As For The "Excuse" Of Why Trading Would Be Bad... (ie; Hacking, etc...)

About Half My Faction Players Accounts Have Been Hacked At Some Point Or Another. More And More It Seems This Is Happenning.

This Has Been And Will Always Continue To Be A Problem And A Concern Regardless Of A Trading System Being Incorporated Or Not In Game.

So, I HIGHLY Support The Idea Of A Player To Player Trade System Or Some Sort Of Auction House.

On The Negative Side... I Will ASK Long Time Players This...Have The Admins Ever Really Listened To The Players Requests And Ideas For Game Feauture Improvements?

Especially If It Is Something That Benefits... US And Not THEM?

hmmm...

< Message edited by Buffy A. Summers -- 4/2/2011 23:51:33 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 32
4/3/2011 2:21:16   
voidance

Thats a big NO, for example many people have asked for Varuim sellback, and yet we dont have that so this wont happen either.
AQW Epic  Post #: 33
4/3/2011 3:39:50   
TankMage

@Void, They don't want varium sellback because it'd would make them lose money. With trading noone is gaining or losing anything if they put in a rarity trade value system.

< Message edited by ED_TankMage -- 4/3/2011 3:40:09 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 34
4/3/2011 5:11:48   
voidance

Sigh...
quote:

On The Negative Side... I Will ASK Long Time Players This...Have The Admins Ever Really Listened To The Players Requests And Ideas For Game Feauture Improvements?

Especially If It Is Something That Benefits... US And Not THEM?
I was answering her question and I was pointing out that, Sellback is also something that would benefit players and was suggested by many players but since it doesnt help make money it wont be added anytime soon. Could you atleast read some of the post b4 you post.

And you also pointed out why the Dev's wont do this
quote:

noone is gaining or losing
Basicly if your trading items your not buying varuim which means the Dev's arnt making as much money which ='s less profit which means no chance of happening.
AQW Epic  Post #: 35
4/3/2011 5:15:07   
goldslayer1

quote:

With trading noone is gaining or losing anything if they put in a rarity trade value system.

charge 500 varium for a trade of any item including founder armors and beta weps.

quote:

Basicly if your trading items your not buying varuim which means the Dev's arnt making as much money which ='s less profit which means no chance of happening.

after every trade is done the one who offer the trade has to pay 500 varium. this way the staff does also win.
this also helps fight "scam" and "hackers"
because not everyone will have 500 varium to trade the items.
(doesn't have to be 500, can be more like 1k)
AQW Epic  Post #: 36
4/3/2011 5:52:12   
TankMage

quote:

quote:

With trading noone is gaining or losing anything if they put in a rarity trade value system.

charge 500 varium for a trade of any item including founder armors and beta weps.

Thats why i said in my previous statement, Only allow a trade difference of 100 rarity value between items traded, and give rare items a very high varium / credit min price.
AQ Epic  Post #: 37
4/3/2011 6:05:58   
goldslayer1

@ed_tankmage
ok this means we cant trade founder armor for anything then.
how is that any good?
u know how many players have founder armor but dont play the game?
alot. and that founder armor could be put to good use.

i would trade
Gamma guard EM
Caden's Cuirass EM
Desert Cyborg PM
Axes of Fury
The Beast Reborn
Charfade's Club
Celtic Cleaver
Dragon Buster
Imperial ACP
Plasma ACP
and maybe frostbite claws just for the founder armor and bunny zookas.
thats 10 items that i would trade for just 3.
(maybe 11 if i added frostbite claws.)
maybe they can also allow to trade like 2 items for 1. 3 items for 2.
and all types of combinations up to 3.
AQW Epic  Post #: 38
4/3/2011 6:24:08   
TankMage

@gold , founder could be bought for an alpha weapon. Or could be bought for 2 rare weapons Ect.

Ultra-Rare = Alpha Weapons & Founder armour. Could be worth:
2 Rare weapons (Varium)
4 Limited Rares (Varium)
4 Seasonal Rares (Varium)
7 Regulars (Varium)

Rares = Betas , Rixtys , Bunnys , Marauder bike. Could be worth:
2 Limited Rares (Varium)
2 Seasonal Rares (Varium)
4 Regulars (Varium)

Those prices would obviously need alot of work. But i think that a system such as this would work well.

And yes all the prices are varium .. simply because Ultra-rares / Rares are all varium (Except for alphas but their still incredibly rare)

< Message edited by ED_TankMage -- 4/3/2011 6:25:35 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 39
4/3/2011 6:50:23   
Jacktaz

Loving this contribution and i think you all have an equal split of ideas but i wanna hear more has anyone else got anything to say?!
AQW Epic  Post #: 40
4/3/2011 6:53:27   
Lord GaGa

Supported.

I would like founder bunnes and rixy : )
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
4/3/2011 7:13:14   
goldslayer1

quote:

Ultra-Rare = Alpha Weapons & Founder armour. Could be worth:
2 Rare weapons (Varium)
4 Limited Rares (Varium)
4 Seasonal Rares (Varium)
7 Regulars (Varium)

Rares = Betas , Rixtys , Bunnys , Marauder bike. Could be worth:
2 Limited Rares (Varium)
2 Seasonal Rares (Varium)
4 Regulars (Varium)

seasonal rares and limited rares should not be equal
first a non varium seasonal rare and a varium seasonal rare have different rarity scores.

limited rare non varium: 550 rarity points
limited rare varium: 1800 rarity points
seasonal rare varium: 1246 rarity points
seasonal rare non varium: 550 rarity points.

therefor those cant be equal.

also the differences between ultra and rare is that ultra rare was only around for a short ammount of time, and is stronger. in the end still means it wont come back for ultra rares and rares alike.
still however because ultras are stronger ill accept a trade of 2 rares for an ultra.
4 seasonal for an ultra or 2 seasonal for a rare
1 limited for 1 rare
2 seasonal for 1 limited.
2 seasonal for 1 rare
3 regulars for 1 rare.
3 regulars for 1 limited
2 regulars for a seasonal
5 regulars for an ultra
vise versa for all of these.

another great idea would be to have a trading section on forums where people can post their own items for trade and see if other are interested.

also to anyone who says its degrading the rarity of an item, it isn't
an example for limited items
lets say only 500 people have a certain item
and 1 of them decide to trade it.
after the trade is done there will still be 500 people with that item. so it still is just as rare as before.

since gamma guard, desert cyborg, and caden cuirass are all regulars. throw in 1 seasonal and its worth an ultra rare.
i guess we can make a point system for it.
regulars are worth 1
seasonal are worth 2
limited are worth 3
and rares are worth 3
ultras are worth 5
meet the points required and the trade is acceptible

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 4/3/2011 7:18:44 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 42
4/3/2011 7:59:53   
King FrostLich

Then in this case, if a hacker has a noob account(lets say level 1) and managed to hack your account WITH ALL the good stuff like your a founder or something, he/she can simply get all your items and it WILL be harder to get/find the hackers who got your stuff. They can either sell or trade it to theirs for their own benefit so I DO NOT support this.

Epic  Post #: 43
4/3/2011 8:55:55   
goldslayer1

quote:

Then in this case, if a hacker has a noob account(lets say level 1) and managed to hack your account WITH ALL the good stuff like your a founder or something, he/she can simply get all your items and it WILL be harder to get/find the hackers who got your stuff. They can either sell or trade it to theirs for their own benefit so I DO NOT support this.

read what i posted.
if its a lvl 1 he will most certainly not have 5 regular rares for a founder trade, or 3 seasonal rares or 2 rare or limited rares.
and u have to pay 500 varium in order for the trade to be processed, the trade is also logged into the staff's main comp which will work like a reported system. so if something those happen the staff can go back at the trading log and see if that actualy happened, and what items should be returned.

either way theres no reason for u to be giving out ur password to another person.
so it should be safe and of course there should be warning signs asking if they are sure about.
with all of this i dont think anyone is going to do something stupid.

think of solutions instead of just saying hackers and scammers
AQW Epic  Post #: 44
4/3/2011 13:25:17   
Jacktaz

quote:

well think about it they would need at least 6k varium because my idea of a trading system is to give somthing worth of the same value or pile to get what you want.
so i dont know why a level 1 would keep swapping between 3 accounts that he has to pay things for.
just my word of suggestion.
still looking for contribution ;)
AQW Epic  Post #: 45
4/3/2011 13:30:48   
Fay Beeee

Depends into what depth the trading goes.
Will it be from a neutral source?

Like a bank?

If so it could work well. If it is between 2 people, it would have to be someone you completely trusted or the 'hackers' would be there.

So as long as it is done safely I support. :)

Epic  Post #: 46
4/3/2011 14:22:52   
Lord Coake

im not liking charging vardium for trading it leaves out people lke me who have to spend their money on important things like food, or dont make money.
AQW  Post #: 47
4/3/2011 16:12:10   
goldslayer1

@super
well its one of the few ways to stop "hackers"
altho i dont see how ur getting hacked when u can simply prevent 2+ accounts being logged in at once from the same IP. therefor if someone hacked ur account he cant log it in. and his at the same time.
making it even harder for him.

quote:

So as long as it is done safely I support. :)

@fay beee
it can be done safely if staff listen to the suggestions we make here on the forums. tell them whats bad and whats good. then it should be safe.
but as always if its a trading system.
1) all trades will have to be tracked as in the staff will get a note saying this person trade this person for such items.
2) cant login 2 or more accounts from same IP so this will help alot.
3)charge 500 varium for the trade to be done. this will help as not everyone will have varium. and if they do they are probably smarter than to give their password away.
4) have a forum section where people can make trade threads and offer such items while others offer their own.
5) keep track of all trades on char pages this way people wont call u a hacker if u have a certain item but weren't arround when that item was release. example of the would be having founder but not having the badge. u would have like
example: goldslayer1: traded dragon buster for founder armor
and so on for all items.
this helps understand if the person was here or not when the actual item was released.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 4/3/2011 16:20:13 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 48
4/4/2011 12:21:52   
Vick Vega

I would not mind paying the 500 varium to initiate the trade. I would love to be able to buy ultra rares that I missed. How would they handle the badges that come along with certain items? If you buy it from a player do you automatically get the achievement? Something to think about. I say that because it is something I can see them having a problem with.
So to the nitty-gritty, I would buy all the ultra rares I missed from other players if that were a possibility. But, the real use I would have for trading would be to farm credits. As a casual playing , high varium buyer type, I would buy popular varium items and sell them for high amounts of credits in order to be able to afford the newer promo rares without grinding for creds.
I think the item trade by value stipulations would be bunk.
@Fay Beeee Thank you for chiming in on this. These are issues that people who can easily be considered pests can be written off on. When someone like you openly supports a cause that many people want that would most likely be unpopular with the support team, it says a lot. Thank you for this.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 49
4/4/2011 16:32:38   
goldslayer1

quote:

I would not mind paying the 500 varium to initiate the trade. I would love to be able to buy ultra rares that I missed. How would they handle the badges that come along with certain items? If you buy it from a player do you automatically get the achievement? Something to think about. I say that because it is something I can see them having a problem with.

as i said in our char pages it will show what items we traded for what items and the person we traded with. that way we dont need to worry about the badges.
AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: your oppinions on trading in epic duel?
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition