Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: I Found the Answer

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: I Found the Answer
Page 3 of 6«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/4/2011 12:38:56   
PivotalDisorder

make it a reality before he hits emperor
Post #: 51
4/4/2011 14:44:02   
veneeria

sure... not even if it is for only one week as a test.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 52
4/4/2011 15:07:32   
Light Stridr

9001% supported.
AQW Epic  Post #: 53
4/4/2011 17:59:33   
The Doctor

I've noticed that a few of the people disagreeing with this idea have either not posted a reason or not clarified what that reason is.
So, here's a thought:

If you remove losses from the public view, what do you have to lose (no pun intended)?
You'll still have however many wins you had.

Current in-game features that run on win percentage can be adapted, if they need to be.
Now... you might think that this removes the competitiveness from the game.

Why, exactly? The game is still the same as it is; the people just don't mind a loss every now and then.
You would still have to work to get wins.

Thank you,
~The Doctor

Epic  Post #: 54
4/4/2011 18:05:15   
Master Volcon

Ood you bring up many points. I support this however to a limit.

How about you have the option to hide the loses from public view and or yourself.

If you don't want to look bad, then you hide it from public view. If you feel fine with your ratio then you can show it.

If you want inspiration then you can look at it. You will be able to tell what your ratio is and feel inspired or fine by it.

I think this solves every bodies problems :)

AQW Epic  Post #: 55
4/4/2011 18:08:45   
The Doctor

@Master Volcon
To expand on your idea, it could be selected under the Options menu.
An added effect of this is to allow players to play the game the way they want to.

That wouldn't hurt anyone if they didn't want to be, or help them if they didn't want help.
In other words... yes, I do think that solves most of the problems.

Thank you,
~The Doctor
Epic  Post #: 56
4/4/2011 18:24:26   
matteo234

quote:

Ood you bring up many points. I support this however to a limit.

How about you have the option to hide the loses from public view and or yourself.

If you don't want to look bad, then you hide it from public view. If you feel fine with your ratio then you can show it.

If you want inspiration then you can look at it. You will be able to tell what your ratio is and feel inspired or fine by it.

I think this solves every bodies problems :)

quote:

o expand on your idea, it could be selected under the Options menu.
An added effect of this is to allow players to play the game the way they want to.

This is quite genius, some people would still work on their win ratio, so would have motivation that if they get it good enough they can show it around - bragging rights, everyone loves em. And if you fell on the hard times - the leveling from 27 onwards being a good example - or if you have no need/wish to look at it, then it can be hidden. Not quite sure how simple the programming is though, so i dont know how easily this could be done(hint hint epicduel, let me look at your amazing programming and see how great you really are.). Some people want big, flashy releases when this may take up some time, although a good many would still consider this as time well spent.

Also, unfortunately, one more thing i have to say.

Im sure 'the Answer' is the one true answer to life, the universe and everything... this may have to be remedied, seen as it isnt quite that stage. 'an Answer' or 'part of the Answer' or even 'the answer' are deemed more acceptable by me.

< Message edited by matteo234 -- 4/4/2011 18:39:18 >
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 57
4/4/2011 18:35:59   
Vick Vega

Best of both worlds is a reasonable charge varium and cred options to reset losses to 0. Either way o support this.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 58
4/4/2011 19:04:07   
voidance

Thats a horrible idea lol, if they Charged varium to reset losses we would never hear the end of it from the freeloaders.
AQW Epic  Post #: 59
4/4/2011 19:19:04   
Vick Vega

1: I am the kind of Guy that could Yank a freeloaders chain until his head comes off.
2: I said credit option.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 60
4/4/2011 19:21:53   
The Doctor

Let's get a definition of freeloader here:
Freeloader: someone who takes advantage of the generosity of others

Now then... @Vick Vega: This is the sort of thing that you can't only half do.
If you made it to where losses could be reset at all, there would be no point in them even existing.

It's best to just make it an option for a player to either publicly display his losses or not.
No one loses; everyone wins.

Thank you,
~The Doctor
Epic  Post #: 61
4/4/2011 19:33:01   
helloguy

Guys dont change the idea by making it a Tool. Its easier to just totally get rid of it than make a setting out of it.Making it into a setting would just totally back fire,people with great win ratios would just show off and cause controversy.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 62
4/4/2011 19:56:29   
The Doctor

@Helloguy
You do have a point, but some people like to flash their ratios.
Still, I guess that's part of the problem.

I don't know; making it an option means no one is rightfully offended by it.
The pros and cons have to be weighed against each other.

Thank you,
~The Doctor
Epic  Post #: 63
4/4/2011 20:02:09   
matteo234

The fact is, making it an option means all have their own choice, and can be completely happy with their decision. Making it disappear, whilst having some good points, may make some people complain. There are always going to be those who complain on restrictions, but complaints on own, changable decisions arent anywhere near as likely. thats why i put my support behind the optional method, whereas i do not support the all-out removal.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 64
4/4/2011 20:28:49   
Vick Vega

And let's face it, the game is moving further and further away from being a pvp game. Fame isn't tied to ability or fighting, rarity, quests (debatable being that there are some that do require fighting and add to the background story ) Point being that the game is about showing off and win loss ratio is actually one of the least of the ways these days. I say optional or ability to hide it is more realistic under the current model and foreseeable future.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 65
4/4/2011 20:44:13   
beastmo

Personally i dont think record really cares but angels i would love for this to happen! :D
Epic  Post #: 66
4/4/2011 21:06:10   
voidance

I mean if Angels is willing to give it up, we all should. Considering she's got the Most Wins:Highest % ratio in the game.
AQW Epic  Post #: 67
4/4/2011 21:09:01   
edwardvulture

That's funny because I've thought of this idea a few months ago. I guess you made it more public. I already posted in the suggestion thread. Hope yours pull through.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 68
4/5/2011 1:04:10   
xxmirxx

I disagree cause what about those that are 1vs1 and 2vs2 all times. how do suppose titan makes money on site. If took losses away. Only people complain most are mages. what about those who want to win 1vs1 and 2vs2 achivement

< Message edited by xxmirxx -- 4/6/2011 17:55:47 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 69
4/5/2011 1:06:55   
PD

Removing the Losses would make me think Charlie Sheen was in Epicduel. There would losses would be almost un-remembered. Hence...

Win here, Win there, win everywhere! Everyone will be Bi-Winning!

However, I do respect those who do not have the best of win records. Perhaps making a togglable option so that you have the option to hide your record or not would be a middle ground.
Post #: 70
4/5/2011 2:26:09   
K.Raza

Hmm a very good idea, well thought Angels you took the root of all the problems LOSSES.There should be a button so you can view your losses to every one or not.
AQW Epic  Post #: 71
4/5/2011 6:23:33   
B345T

..You are my hero
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 72
4/5/2011 6:34:03   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Like a show/hide losses button? Sounds good to me, i sometimes get told how bad my ratio is and it's quite off putting.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 73
4/5/2011 7:05:35   
xxmirxx

above she never said to hide it. she said to remove it from game.
AQ Epic  Post #: 74
4/5/2011 7:08:09   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

quote:

There should be a button so you can view your losses to every one or not.

My post was referring this quote, from K.Raza. Unless i'm understanding it wrong it means hiding/showing the button.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: I Found the Answer
Page 3 of 6«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition