Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Strength Mage Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Strength Mage Discussion
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/5/2011 21:27:19   
Wraith

Guys, if you haven't noticed yet...

Mages are not OP, and we don't all use malf-aux-pistol.

I am introducing the strength mage! Ogel/Shadow Cloak made the original build, and I tweaked it a bit to fit my liking. I know this build with not be the "favorite" build, but I am hoping that some people will be open to using it. *AK, this does not belong in the BS, I am trying to see people's opinions on it*

Pros: Super Fast Kills. Occasional 1-Hit, Deadly Aim is AWESOME
Able to kill ALL malf-aux mages, and almost all mercs. I beat Jeggagin/Jomg with this build in 2-hits.

Cons: Once the battle is extended by boosters/loopers, you are 80% dead. Crits help a lot.
STR bounties. I got killed by a F2P 29! OMG!

All in all, here is a link to the build. Clicky! I'm not sure if I am allowed to post pics here...

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 1
4/5/2011 21:30:46   
od

Str mages work way better with staff since you can use bludegon and assimilate.
Epic  Post #: 2
4/5/2011 21:31:41   
Wraith

@od, yes, but notice I am a level 31. I will get Celtic War Staff soon, new build will be provided.

More cons: low heal.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 3
4/5/2011 21:33:08   
od

Also, you should probably get boomstick. I think str mages s
are good with right equips and a good build.

< Message edited by od -- 4/5/2011 21:36:29 >
Epic  Post #: 4
4/5/2011 21:35:27   
Wraith

Yes, good point. Other than the fact that I have under 5000 credits after buying Charfade's Cruiser.

Also you put ur sig twice on the page od.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 5
4/5/2011 21:36:37   
Competition

Seems like a fit build.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 6
4/5/2011 21:37:12   
Wraith

Why thank you Competition. My first compliment.

Edit: Also Boomstick has 2 less Dexterity than Imperial ACP, but then, oh well, I'm not a tank.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 7
4/5/2011 21:46:11   
od

@LS
oh oops, thnx for the heads up

Anyways, I think it's a good build and a kinda original idea but it could be better,

Since You have lots of wasted points, 1 on dex, if you slide that to tech you get +1.5 resistance .

Getting killed by lowlvls isn't a huge problem, I almost lost to a f2p lvl 28 (8 hp!) when I missed a turn and got crit twice
Epic  Post #: 8
4/5/2011 21:50:45   
Wraith

Dude, I tweaked it. It was supposed to have 74 hp. And using Ghoul Cannon.

I will fix it at 32.

Also it rocks at killing Shadow Guard, Hulk, and Lawman. Lawman is a bit sketchy tho.

< Message edited by Lord Sinastr -- 4/5/2011 21:54:11 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 9
4/5/2011 22:03:22   
BloodRainbow

Str mage builds are fun, but there not nearly as suspenseful as Mercs or BH.

Mercs have hybrid armor which helps them make up for the lack of defence. and they have multiple moves that improve with Str.

BH work good because they have smoke and SA which allows them to have a much high chance to conect. and because of the abiltiy to replenish hp everytime they hit. and they have cheapshot and mass

but realy the only things that str mages got is bludgen(but u can only use if u have staff) and DA but that now has a sup requirement which is kind of a pain. yea we have malf but because of the low sup its weak.

i have had some success using str mage builds in 2v2 but not so much in 1v1.
Epic  Post #: 10
4/5/2011 22:17:40   
helloguy

I Don't Think Anyone Thinks Mages Are OP.......
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 11
4/5/2011 22:31:36   
OhMyGoshness

^ so true
Epic  Post #: 12
4/5/2011 22:36:09   
BloodRainbow

^
^ noone has said or implied anything about mages being OPed
Epic  Post #: 13
4/5/2011 22:37:50   
jarrenh1

^
^
Yep, everybody pretty much considers mages Under Powered
AQ  Post #: 14
4/5/2011 22:38:05   
Wraith

@OhMyGosheness and Hello guy, I never said Tech Mages were OP. I just said this was a good build.

Jeez, The reason for lack of defense is that I go for the quick kill. Defense Matrix gives +19 defense, not a lot, but enough to save you. Malfunction does -27, and that is quite efficent.

This build, on the last 20 battles, I won 17 of them. 85%. That is good, espescially since I did them in 6 minutes.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 15
4/5/2011 23:15:35   
eragonshadeslayer67

Str mages are alright with full enhancements I bet, I've tried one with celtic war staff but they're not too great

{AQW} Click for full guide to the Tower of NEcromancy! Lvs 0-10!!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 16
4/5/2011 23:25:24   
Wraith

^: I will try to make one, hopefully it works. I will be farming Arcade to hope for credits. I should get something, I have 1700 tokens! 1700/5=340. And then I will be farminf NPCs.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 17
4/5/2011 23:55:35   
helloguy

Well in your second sentence you say "Mages are not OP". I think everyone already knows that.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 18
4/6/2011 1:08:31   
Soliqe

*facepalm*

The Strength Mage has always existed. The major popularity of it was dwarfed(right when it was becoming popular) due to heal looping.

Strength builds are nothing "new" and they existed since the AE|||EI merge. I personally was using 80+ strength builds at that time. (Malf-Deadly Aim combo)
AQW Epic  Post #: 19
4/6/2011 1:20:16   
BlueKatz

Honestly I can say I myself tried a lot of STR Mage because of my really wrong gears, and I can say STR mage is not so good, at least compare to any other Build, and Str build is really bad vs Focus build and tank build. Note that nowadays people have SA and smoke while Mer have STR nerf, a tank Focus mage is really hard to kill too
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 20
4/6/2011 1:24:42   
Shocka

Reminds me of Zinrius and his laugh. Oh boy
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
4/6/2011 1:29:58   
PD

@Shocka:

D:

You just reminded me of his evil laugh!
Post #: 22
4/6/2011 1:39:02   
Soliqe

My old equipments consisted of level 30 and 29 equipments.

Rune Cleaver (Very popular in its day)
Tactical Kurz MP
(I forget the zooka because bunnys did not exist until much later)
Founder Armor

I miss those days :3

@the 2 users above

GYAHAHHAHAHHAAHA
AQW Epic  Post #: 23
4/6/2011 3:11:53   
voidance

I dont use mine often but when i do it uses Celtic War Staff, Skullfire Blaster, Frost Cannon, and Warbot P. Thats about as good as it gets for a Str mage. I used to use Cryomancer Staff but like the Celtic War because i can get more str and the 2% connect. I dont remeb the stats perfectly but ik it had 110hp, 70-80+40str, mid 20s Def/Res, and decently high Malfunction/mid high Assimilation/like 4 DA/6-7 Reroute/and decently high Field Medic. Although the % isnt in the 80-90s, matches only last 2-5 turns which makes it fast wins.
AQW Epic  Post #: 24
4/6/2011 3:48:35   
Soliqe

An excellent STR build would need to consist of the following equips. Sadly, 1/3 is ULTRA-RARE and 2/3 are Seasonal-Rare

Celtic Staff- Very good strength staff and even more fearsome when enhanced properly.
Frostbolt- My choice in this is because it has strength stat mods, and it's energy
Bunnyzooka- Obvious reasons, it's physical and it has strength stat mods.
Founder Armor would work best in this situation, but considering no one has Founder armor anymore, the Cyborg Armor is a decent replacement.
AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Strength Mage Discussion
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition