Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(DF) The Tales of Nield ~comments (Mass abandonment)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> (DF) The Tales of Nield ~comments (Mass abandonment)
Page 1 of 712345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/7/2011 9:25:30   
nield
Creative!

Animosity- FINISHED (rewriting abandoned)
Deliverance- FINISHED (rewriting abandoned)
Afterimage: A conclusion story to the Animosity sage (Abandoned)
What if Nield were one of us? A Lorian, like many others? find out in What if Fate took a different course?
The Hero that Never Was (Abandoned)
A Fool's Errand, the story of Fjorrik 'Heavyhammer' Balthasar! (Indefinite hiatus)
What makes you so special? follows a completely different Nield to those you have met thus far. (Abandoned)
Defiance of Destruction: A story about Ineria Aluriest, reluctant hero.

< Message edited by nield -- 3/17/2021 3:27:19 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
4/7/2011 22:44:44   
Mritha
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Ahhh so this explains why you dislike green so much. :) A good story overall, though it is lacking in detail. For reasons stated in your story I can understand why Nield does not have a description, but what about everyone else? You said MT was "striking" and "green". Does this mean she is a green skinned person with green hair? Or does she have blond hair and is just wearing green? What does Alex look like?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 2
4/9/2011 1:15:39   
nield
Creative!

Part 1: Annihilation is up. A General death was the prologue.

Mritha, a lot of what I do has rhyme and reason and that is one of them. If you keep reading my story, you'll find out why I don't do some things that you would think to do.

Edit: Now part two: Incentive is up.

If anyone actually reads this, part 3: The Green War commences! is up.

< Message edited by nield -- 4/14/2011 3:42:10 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
4/15/2011 9:51:11   
nield
Creative!

I tell this story because I have it to tell. Part 4 is up.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
4/15/2011 11:34:38   
Shadow Ravena
Paladin of Shadows

(purple, meh he he)
first, wow thats a LOT of PINK! second, what hapened to all the ? marks? (they're all yellow)
third, question: how can Mark, a pinkinite, be a aquamancer? I thought you said only blue-plane people could be water type.
fourth, LOVED it! it is a good story, nice detail (for fights. I agree with mirtha, can we at least know what everyone look like? a bit?) One thing I really liked how your character is sooo OP yet the fights are still interesting. hard to do.
one last thing: doesn't anyone is lore notice how you guys are pink (or green, etc), or do they just ignore it?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 5
4/15/2011 11:56:25   
nield
Creative!

.-. One, it hurt TM's eyes. Mission-not-taken-accomplished. 2nd: I don't know! Third: I said it wasn't limited to colours with elements. Also, who's Mark? 4th: Thankee. lastly: random tyrants and people who stayed hidden for 50 years. Thought it was self-explanatory. Yes, they just kinda ignored it. They've prob seen stranger things.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
4/15/2011 12:12:58   
Shadow Ravena
Paladin of Shadows

/facepalm i meant alex. sorry, brain went dead... *re-read the story* brain really dead, sorry, i miss read the part about the elements. oddly, the question marks are normal again. lastly, hmm, I guess there are stranger things in lore than a couple of pink guys.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 7
4/15/2011 15:43:09   
Eukara Vox

Fixed the ? thing. Sometimes, for reasons unknown, a link will have this on the back end of it: &mpage=1&key=�

When you see that, you will get those stupid yellow ? boxes. Double check your links in the future. If that is on there, remove it. All that should end your link is the actual post number.

To supplement, the best place to grab a url for your link is the bottom of your post where it reads "Post #: __" That is actually a link that will bring up a small window to the url to that particular post! :) ~superjars

< Message edited by superjars -- 4/15/2011 15:50:16 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
4/20/2011 3:35:29   
nield
Creative!

Have you ever heard of writer's block?

Yeah, well, for those of you who ACTUALLY read my story I have it right now. Like, really badly. (I can't believe I just used like in that context)

So... yeah... there's probably going to be nothing from me for a while.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
4/21/2011 0:10:28   
Shadow Ravena
Paladin of Shadows

ouch. well, it will pass, sooner or later.
noticed the pink is gone; much as it fits the story its frankly easier to read now.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 10
4/21/2011 0:35:57   
Mritha

I have to agree with tigerlady, it is much easier to read in the default text :)

Also, when one person is talking in a paragraph, the next person to speak should start a new paragraph. Example, you have
quote:

Once most of the furore had died down, my best friend came up to me. "Hey, Nield! Gratz, man!" I grinned at him. "Oh, don't worry Alex, your time will come." He laughed. "Oh really? But what do you propose a measly Aquamancer such as myself is going to do to get promoted to being a General, hey?" I smiled coyly and leaning into his ear, whispered; "Well, you could always ..." He reared back and then hit me lightly. "Oh, don't you bring THAT up again!" We laughed and got ourselves some food and some beer, before settling down at our table. "I'm gonna miss it here" I said. He looked surprised. "What? Why? EVERYONE wants to be a General and go off into one of the other planes of existence." "Yeah, I know. But it dawned on me; I won't be able to come back here and see my friends much."

When it should be
quote:

Once most of the furore had died down, my best friend came up to me. "Hey, Nield! Gratz, man!" I grinned at him.
"Oh, don't worry Alex, your time will come."
He laughed. "Oh really? But what do you propose a measly Aquamancer such as myself is going to do to get promoted to being a General, hey?"
I smiled coyly and leaning into his ear, whispered; "Well, you could always ..." He reared back and then hit me lightly.
"Oh, don't you bring THAT up again!" We laughed and got ourselves some food and some beer, before settling down at our table.
"I'm gonna miss it here" I said. He looked surprised.
"What? Why? EVERYONE wants to be a General and go off into one of the other planes of existence."
"Yeah, I know. But it dawned on me; I won't be able to come back here and see my friends much."

Or
quote:

Once most of the furore had died down, my best friend came up to me. "Hey, Nield! Gratz, man!" I grinned at him.

"Oh, don't worry Alex, your time will come."

He laughed. "Oh really? But what do you propose a measly Aquamancer such as myself is going to do to get promoted to being a General, hey?"

I smiled coyly and leaning into his ear, whispered; "Well, you could always ..." He reared back and then hit me lightly.

"Oh, don't you bring THAT up again!" We laughed and got ourselves some food and some beer, before settling down at our table.

"I'm gonna miss it here" I said. He looked surprised.

"What? Why? EVERYONE wants to be a General and go off into one of the other planes of existence."

"Yeah, I know. But it dawned on me; I won't be able to come back here and see my friends much."

I personally prefer the double enter as it is eaiser to read, however both are right and you can use whichever one is your personal preference :)
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 11
4/24/2011 6:59:13   
nield
Creative!

>.> Paragraph spacing... the one thing I'll never get a handle on.

at any rate, chapter 5 is up! Whoohoo! Take that, foul writer's block!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
4/24/2011 18:50:41   
Mritha

quote:

In the mmiddle of one of his attacks, the katana he was holding changed into a hammer and when it met my scythe, it knocked it clean out of my hands.

middle
quote:

When he had his had 'pointed' at me, the glove rippled and then there was a bow in his hand with an arrow notched!

hand

Ahh so Mechajin is the one responsible for keeping me from being ripped apart. I will have to thank him for that
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 13
4/24/2011 19:35:46   
nield
Creative!

Thanks for finding them. Couldn't be bothered spellchecking.

Have you guys noticed they're all getting slightly longer than the last? Heh, always seemed to be a part of my style.

Also, Mritha will get properly incorporated in I think two chapters time. I didn't go to all that trouble describing her and then not put her in!

< Message edited by nield -- 4/28/2011 7:32:24 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
4/28/2011 10:25:58   
nield
Creative!

Chapter 6 is very short. It is more an interlude than anything else. But that will make the next chapter all the sweeter, I feel.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
4/29/2011 10:32:59   
Mechajin
Constructively Friendly!

@Mritha: You know that I will be the one to defeat you! ^.^! Purely because I'm shocked that your doing this! (If nield lets me appear more and he doesn't already have plans)
@nield: Question. Will i appear more?
@nield again: The more this story goes on, the more I'm enjoying it. :D!
DF  Post #: 16
4/29/2011 11:03:05   
nield
Creative!

Mecha, you must be a mindreader. How did you know I had such an event planned for this chapter that I am currently having trouble starting?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
4/29/2011 12:45:12   
Mechajin
Constructively Friendly!

I get to fight Mritha?! ^.^!
DF  Post #: 18
4/29/2011 14:06:28   
Shadow Ravena
Paladin of Shadows

first: loving the story, new chapter add good suspence.

second: if your going to keep up with lord of colors and mirtha, is her servant guthixnite going to show up? he is the self-proclamed green lord...
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 19
4/29/2011 15:55:13   
Mritha

Heeey since when am I the bad guy? True I did destroy several towns and turn the villagers into undead......but that wasn't my fault! D: *glares at Mecha*

Loved the new chapter btw :)
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 20
4/29/2011 19:06:10   
nield
Creative!

I'm not quite going with the lords. Guthix may or may not appear, I haven't decided yet. There are some that I need to speak to about some of the colours... but I'm even sure WHO I'd put in for red and yellow.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
4/30/2011 6:05:23   
Mechajin
Constructively Friendly!

@Mritha: Your Allying yourself with a rogue split of my forces! How COULD you?!
DF  Post #: 22
4/30/2011 20:43:13   
nield
Creative!

Well, since I've been having some trouble of late, I might go on and start my next story. But don't worry, I WILL be finishing Animosity, as this new one will be its sequel. I hope you guys are going to enjoy it as much as you have this one.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
4/30/2011 23:52:39   
nield
Creative!

Alright, the prologue of my new story, Deliverance is up. I hope you don't mind, Mecha.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
5/1/2011 5:58:57   
Mechajin
Constructively Friendly!

@nield: Actually, I'm really happy that I'm in it. :D i take it that your going to be proantagonist of this story? (A fusion of protagonist and Antagonist, because you seem...eeeeevil.)
DF  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> (DF) The Tales of Nield ~comments (Mass abandonment)
Page 1 of 712345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition