Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The Tales of Nield ~comments

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: The Tales of Nield ~comments
Page 3 of 7«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/9/2011 17:57:35   
Mritha
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Ahhhh makes sense. Though you would think they would go after the cape first, then use the clothing they had to take out Nield and his group with more ease. Unless they already did that.........*remembers how the pink HQ was attacked and destroyed*
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 51
5/9/2011 18:00:20   
nield
Creative!

Once I get Two Betrayals up, things might make more sense... and they might make less

And yes, I named it for my favourites campaign map in Halo 1
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 52
5/22/2011 8:35:36   
bsteiny16

Great story.

Ever since I found this somehow while reading the "The Final 13" war posts, I've been reading non-stop.

And I don't need a description of the characters in the story (s) , I just imagine what they look like. :)

GO IMAGINATION!!!

AQ DF  Post #: 53
6/1/2011 11:45:16   
gwoonjustin
April 2008 Writer of the Month

Hello there Nield!

Since you're so dilligent in checking out my work, I figured I'd pop in and have a look at yours! Don't get too excited now, you /will/ end up regretting this.

I'm in your position now, meaning that this is not the kind of writing I know all too much about, but I'll try my best to throw some helpful comments your way where I can.

quote:

The voice rang out. I opened my eyes and stood, to applause. Our Glorious Leader smiled. They continued;

What is They a reference to? If it's 'the voice' it should be 'It'. If not, then to what?
If it is indeed the voice, I recomment repeating 'the voice' rather than inserting 'it', for more clarity.

quote:

They dismissed me then and all the others in the chamber.

Sounds a bit strange to me this way. Consider:
They dismissed me and all the others in the chamber then. or:
Then they dismissed me and all the others in the chamber.
Just keep "me and all the others" together.

quote:

She said before turning her back and walked away.

before she turned her back and walked away
or:
before turning her back and walking away

quote:

Then I breathed my last breathes.

breaths

That was chapter one done.
Very interesting start. Tad confusing at parts, but as I've read in your comments, that's what you're aiming for.
One general comment I would have is try to watch the language you use.
quote:

We kept solemn faces until we had all exited, whence we broke out into grins and cheers, as I was hefted aloft arms and carried to the Hall of Celebration. There were many choruses of 'For he's a jolly good fellow' and the like.

Words like whence and even solemn seem a bit strange when they appear amidst a much more common usage of words, shall we say.
I'm not saying you should talk Shakespearian the whole time or never at all, just try and have it make sense. It's just a small thing here, and no revision is really needed, but just a general pointer.

Alright, so that's my comments for chapter one. Please let me know if you appreciate this kind of nitpicking. I'm from the old school L&L, where this was common practice, but if you prefer just general thoughts or anything like that, let me know and I'll stick to that.
At any rate, good luck in your writings!

PS: I see you quite fancy pink. We seem to have this in common. I have a pink backpack and a pink mobile phone:D
AQ  Post #: 54
6/1/2011 22:21:28   
nield
Creative!

I DO indeed appreciate this, Justin. I run the same eye over my own works, as I do over other peoples' works. As to the mixture of older and newer words, that's just how I am. Having a larger vocabulary than most, I tend to mix in lots of different eras of words. As to the 'they', it is referring to the leader, in such a way as to not reveal the gender. Thanks for picking up on my few little errors. And I DO indeed like pink. Originally I had written this in pink, but it came to my attention that that was not always... enjoyable to read. And indeed, confusing is my aim, at times!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 55
6/2/2011 4:19:10   
gwoonjustin
April 2008 Writer of the Month

Haha yeah I thought about that after I'd commented. Thank God he hasn't put the whole story in pink though.
AQ  Post #: 56
6/7/2011 15:37:15   
nield
Creative!

Oi vey... it's been nearly a month, and I've still only got two lines done... *sigh*
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 57
6/15/2011 7:55:30   
Mechajin
Constructively Friendly!

Don't worry nield. We'll wait. I know it can be hard to write sometimes.
DF  Post #: 58
6/17/2011 9:13:00   
nield
Creative!

*sigh* I'm really slowing down now guys... running out of ideas. Finally got the new chapter of Animosity up, though. It's a lot shorter than I'd have liked though. Although, mind you it's somewhat amazing I've come this far. Originally, the prologue, A General Death was all I was going to write. Then the rest just kinda snowballed.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 59
6/17/2011 9:29:12   
Sinis

Looks like I am out... *sob*
The story is nice, to say the least.
DF  Post #: 60
6/17/2011 10:04:07   
nield
Creative!

What do you mean, 'looks like you are out'? I need something to get me moving on the other chapters... having an actual character to fight against would help in that respect.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 61
6/17/2011 16:07:08   
Mechajin
Constructively Friendly!

I'll fight you!! It would be In character, Mechajin has obviously noticed what's happening to nield. He's becoming corrupted by power.. "I Have to set him free.. for his own good, as well as mine!"
DF  Post #: 62
6/18/2011 8:16:50   
nield
Creative!

Actually, Mechajin won't be back until the last chapter, and no, he won't be fighting Nield. The main reason he left, is because he's a very honourable man. He could not fight alongside someone who had not only disobeyed what was essentially a direct order from his leader, but then proceeded to KILL that same leader. Mechajin's honour said 'uh-uh. No way, not fighting with HIM anymore!'
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 63
6/18/2011 9:28:38   
megakyle777

While I cannot compete in the power stakes, I could try and steal something and it could turn into me trying to hide from you via clever trickery or something.
DF  Post #: 64
6/24/2011 16:08:14   
Mechajin
Constructively Friendly!

I see now!! The reason why I don't reappear until the last chapter.. Is because I'm (Read: My Character) the one writing it!! *Has just reread Deliverance*
DF  Post #: 65
6/25/2011 1:44:21   
nield
Creative!

*sighs and rubs his forehead* Been mulling over the next chapter of Animosity. I've come to the conclusion that anything I churn out will be of low-quality, unless I get more characters. So, for now, this is officially on hiatus.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 66
6/26/2011 5:49:45   
Mechajin
Constructively Friendly!

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!! Well, It doesn't matter. because Hiatus is never permanent!
DF  Post #: 67
6/26/2011 7:03:26   
nield
Creative!

Yep. I need either a stroke of imagination, that allows me to make good characters, or for some good characters to be donated to me by other forum-goers. I've not got much confidence on the former happening, so it's pretty much dependant on other people, for now.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 68
7/3/2011 9:14:52   
bsteiny16

Well, what you got so far is really good. But, Necro Berserk has been making a story about his DF Character. Maybe ask him a few ideas for characters because he has been making his on the spot!
AQ DF  Post #: 69
7/3/2011 12:35:40   
Mortarion

Nield, if you want you can use my character, althought I have to read your stories, I'll do it as soon as I finish finals
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 70
7/5/2011 7:19:26   
nield
Creative!

Chapter 9! (And 10 and 11!) is (are!) done! All that remains... is one, final chapter. THE EPILOGUE.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 71
7/5/2011 8:34:25   
Mortarion

So will you include me Nield?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 72
7/5/2011 11:32:57   
Zarkalor

Is Tumult based off Mordred?
DF AQW  Post #: 73
7/5/2011 17:09:11   
nield
Creative!

Tumult is NOT based off Mordred. As I said, Tumult and Diablo are MY OWN creations. Any parallels are coincidence.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 74
7/7/2011 5:28:11   
nield
Creative!

Alright! There's the epilogue to Animosity up, so it's over. Now, I can move on to Deliverance again. I've got a plot twist or two up my sleeve, and we'll see how the story unfolds.

NOTE: Mention of this to Lady G or Guthixnite should not be made.

< Message edited by nield -- 7/10/2011 1:55:49 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: The Tales of Nield ~comments
Page 3 of 7«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition