Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Overpowered and Balanced

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Overpowered and Balanced
Page 6 of 6«<23456
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/18/2011 19:41:03   
Shadronica

Well said Jzaanu. I like your opinion on the mages and even though my mage is not one of the more popular players she is good nonetheless. Mages have not faired too well with all the balance updates but I have persisted in trying different things to help overcome their shortfall. I do believe also that the balance decisions that have been made have made our battles far shorter which is definitely not in a mages favour. Mages traditionally took longer in battle than the other classes and the current climate is not conducive to this class. However, last week after the first balance update it resembled something of the early beta battles that we enjoyed. The battles were slowed down and my mage was able to encounter the different classes and builds quite nicely.

Open discussions such as this one is a very welcome thread.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 126
4/19/2011 2:50:51   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

Like Arcanis, your also another player that will never be underpowered. Your heart is gleaming with so much positiveness, it makes us all be happy to be part of this game. Shadronica is an awesome Mage. What makes you unique is that you have a family of exceptional sisters. I would definitely classify you as a build master because of your understanding of the game and all the classes.
AQW Epic  Post #: 127
4/19/2011 3:17:54   
Shadow Jester

Mages are not underpowered....

Mages can easily get a high % if they are going on the leaderboard..Right Now they fixed some issues...
Since Mages are developing more builds. They won't be underpowered or overpowered

Mages take their time in battle... "Slow n steady wins the race"

Have you heard the story of the Jack Rabbit and the turtle? The jack rabbit rushed and at the end of the face and the turtle won

Turtles are slow and mages are slow ,They make sure they win
Jack Rabbits are fast which is not making sure they win and Bountys & Mercs usually have a fast kill build

Right now their arn't any OP builds... Only the ones who are good at making a build that takes their time will keep a good %...
As i watched Arcanis giving builds to other people i learned something... Mages don't need fast kill builds too win...
They make sure that they have proper stats for the battles they have. Xendran uses builds that make sure they take their time. Their is no rush in a battle. Xendran is a good build maker he can easily get on the leaderboards with a good % ... Mages need to think outside the box just like Arcanis and Xendran does... Thats how they succeed..

People like Arcanis/Xendran/Angels Holocaust/Shaniqua/ can make a good build for others X)
We need people in our game to create builds and help the people in need ;3

< Message edited by Zachary99 -- 4/19/2011 3:18:34 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 128
4/19/2011 4:12:04   
Silver Sky Magician

^

Actually shouldn't everyone ideally make builds on their own? Then you'll be playing against players as individuals, not as users of a pirated build. I find that making a good build (and of course winning others with it XD) is the most fun part of EpicDuel. Merely winning means nothing to me.
Post #: 129
4/19/2011 14:46:21   
Shadow Jester

When i was a level 15-30 I was a bad NON varium mage.... I got made fun of easily.... Until i met Master Volcon and Buffy.... they gived me tips ....

When you start the game... You can't make a good build because you haven't played it before ^_^
Wouldn't that just cause a bad %? ... I had no one to give me a build... Everyone ingored me .... Thats why i got a bad % .... I had no builds to use. I didn't know what good NPCs to fight.....
I had one weapon has a bounty hunter.. at level 30-31 i had no items and i was a bounty hunter. I should not ever turned to bounty at level 30...3 reasons why
1. I had no items ,but as a mage i had armor/weapons/robot
2. I had 1 weapon to use...Imperial ACp
3.I battled alot of level 32s

People can learn from others and create builds.... Its just like how i learned how to make builds by watching other people's builds and them getting a high %. I asked angels holocaust for a build at level 32 when i was a merc. Its really fun to get builds from others and improve it.... That is how i learned to create good builds.
Some people can be solo...and never met someone else to talk to. Those people can evolve. I met this interesting person while i was leveling up. I don't know his name now ,but he does have a good %. He doesn't even know where Good build makers are at. You can be right. But most people ask for builds....
AQW Epic  Post #: 130
4/19/2011 17:18:19   
bloodchain

15 will never be higher than 26 unless both become negatives.
Post #: 131
4/20/2011 20:13:38   
Shadow Jester

The next update will make OP builds and balance issues...Time to evolve you builds.Enhancements for guns and auxs are coming...
AQW Epic  Post #: 132
4/20/2011 21:03:36   
Auramina

I read every piece of this.. and well... it is like i was reading something i had already read. I don't know how to make anything happy for both sides.. But i sure know the feeling for power.
The truth is.. that everyone enjoys an overpowered build, because just like luck, when it is at your side, you love it, when it isn't, you hate it.

I kinda fit on both sides... Changing the game and adapting on how it already is.
I can adapt quickly, but the problem is that i don't feel ANY JOY at all when i play the game.
So changing is something i might constantly transmit to everyone i talk to in ED.

My ideas basically go against EVERY BALANCE CHANGE, because i feel and think so that: The time the game reaches the so called "perfect balance", there will be no fun at all. Why do i think so? Because each time a new "balance" is implanted into the game, i feel more... well.. how can say it? tight ? Like i can be "better" or get out of the "joe" club.. (be different than the others).

So i kinda fight more for an fun game .. rather than a balanced one. (perhaps everyone does)

@Wiseman: i don't know what i can say to help at all.. but i feel like that every class should be overpowered.. INDEPENDENT IF THEY ARE VARIUM OR NOT. But i would love to know if anyone has got suggestions to make epicduel classes /builds more flexible and fun..
Post #: 133
4/20/2011 22:03:17   
xxmirxx

Shadronica is one of few to come close on both account to get 25k on her alt aka shadist.
AQ Epic  Post #: 134
4/21/2011 14:43:08   
voidance

I do believe the game finally pushed me over the edge. This **** they call balance only makes luck even easier, I decided i wanted to do a strength build today and it got so owned by luck its just pathetic. It took me 32 games to do my first Stun with a lvl 7 maul, which is 37%. Every other game i got critical'd, which doesnt make sense because max is 13% with a 77 support difference which not many ppl have. I block all the damn time, which serously doesnt make sense when max chance is 55%( which req's being a Bh, max SA, and having a 90+ Dex difference. Last but not least, within those first 32 games 11 mages attempted lvl 1-3 Overload and 9 of which stunned me. So yea Dev's, excellent job taking all the fun and skill out of the game. And dont try to correct me on the skill part because 90% of 1v1 is 5 focus builds which takes no skill what so ever when you can, as a bounty hunter **** hp and emp 40, and a merc tank def/res, lower str, and **** tech to abuse robot/bunker buster. Mages dont have to 5 focus because now they all just have 110 hp, high support, high heal, and use booster loop strat.
AQW Epic  Post #: 135
4/21/2011 16:39:38   
Shadronica

Unfortunately voidance I have no answers for you. I have no idea who is giving the dev's advice on how to balance the game but its not working.

I applauded Wiseman for having the fortitude to stand up and actually state that the luck factor in this game is insane at times. Especially since everytime I mentioned "luck factor" everyone went into denial and said that there is no such thing and that everything was working just fine.

At least we have ONE honest moderator. Bravo!
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 136
4/21/2011 16:49:30   
xxmirxx

its less fun now playing game. everyone is find therwe updates dumb. I think there are less people buying varium since they raised level. but what do you guys think,
AQ Epic  Post #: 137
4/21/2011 17:01:02   
voidance

Thx for the support, and i think the biggest thing that pisses me off is the fact that 95% of the people i fight have a 2-7% chance to critical me and it happens almost every game because i have 27+2 support. But my Stun has a 37%, after the support difference reduction its anywhere from 30-35% and it took me 32 games, and can take around 20 games for 1 stun. Which usualy happens to be wasted on a low level such as 28. So idk if you guys secretly nerf'd maul stun just to stop the build but its easy to tell that statistics are WAY off.
AQW Epic  Post #: 138
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Overpowered and Balanced
Page 6 of 6«<23456
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition