Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= DNS April 15 2011 Update Disscussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= DNS April 15 2011 Update Disscussion
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/15/2011 16:15:22   
IsaiahtheMage

@Wario Its already been confirmed go ask one of the mods or another user it includes weapons to,I dont have a direct link. Also yeah I know but still you can steal boost your or allies tech,def,res or dex by 40 points or more and you can weaken your eneimes tech or dex aswell Mercs can only boost their def and res by 13 AT MAX and it last the whole round so how is that to much?
AQW Epic  Post #: 26
4/15/2011 16:15:24   
Zean Zapple

@Zeal, not sure what you mean by that, but what happened was the diminishing effect started at 55, and it got greater after 85 if I am correct, I'd have to look at the new Stat Progressions that we're working on.

~Zean
Epic  Post #: 27
4/15/2011 16:15:30   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

@Zean, thanks! I'll go see if i need to change yet again.

Just needed to drop 2 off Support onto Dex, but now Support isn't matching anything. I'm stuck :/

< Message edited by Digital X -- 4/15/2011 16:18:57 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
4/15/2011 16:19:35   
Zean Zapple

@Digital X

BTW I forgot to tell you, I figured out why I was seeing -29 and what-not on you and Practel's weapons, it's because the word I can't spell and don't feel like looking up, was showing up as how it would be for me, and I was a level 1.

~zEaN
Epic  Post #: 29
4/15/2011 16:28:18   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

Updated Stat Progressions are up: http://epicduelwiki.com/index.php/Stat_Progression (Thanks to Zean Zapple & Soliqe for helping update them)

Strength is now every 6 points after 85 stats
Dexterity is now every 5 points after 85 stats
Tech is now every 4.7 points after 85 stats
Support is now every 6 points after 85 stats

This update worked out perfectly for my build. The extra stat I had fell perfectly in place. I didn't even have to re-enhance my equipment.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
4/15/2011 16:30:04   
SMGS

Looks like an awesome release!
The new Central Station map looks great., can't wait.

Also gratz to Doru and Icy. :)
Post #: 31
4/15/2011 16:37:32   
wario the great

ah i c it had no effect cuz my stats were lower than 85 ty zean

The Real Zeal! xD
Once A Mage Always A Mage: Zeal Overlord My Character Page! xD
My Youtube Channel! xD
AQW Epic  Post #: 32
4/15/2011 16:49:09   
PumKing

I'm a little disappointed with this latest update, mercs became very balanced from the last one, and while many of you out there agree that hybrid armor needed a debuff you also have to take into account 2 very important things

1. Merc have now dex or tech reducing skills, now why is this important, we have intimidate which lower stranth, well thats cool if ur facing a str merc or bh, but in 2v2, and magority of 1v1 now, that's simply not the case, and never was, if a tech mage gets, oh lets hit an extreme and say -50 str from intim, well whoop-de-doo, right side of skill tree is only effected by dex and tech, as well as left side, so just gamma bit, then plasma or overload, and bh, just poison the merc who has offended you, or multi, or hand grenade, or ulti, or gamma bot as well

2. in my oppinion the most important, this hits non var mercs a bit too hard, they don't have the var to buy an assault bot to debuff themselves (don't give me that "you can win it in arcade" balogna, it's nigh impossible, and while for a good reason, is still nigh impossible) so now they have to deal with a lower hybrid and can't debuff, this is more than unfair for them, because if you start taking away at hybrid now, there's no telling where the dev's will stop

Carpe Dium--grab a carp, slap him around XD
Epic  Post #: 33
4/15/2011 16:52:43   
Xendran

2 tier diminishing returns? Now we're talking my style.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 34
4/15/2011 16:53:06   
IsaiahtheMage

@PumKing That is EXACTLY what I been saying but people seem to find this reasonable but to non var Mercs it isnt. They probably never been a Merc so they dont see from our point of view I been all 3 classes so I see from all points of view.
AQW Epic  Post #: 35
4/15/2011 16:54:36   
helloguy

I won it inthearcade on my alt merc account around lvl 14 on my 5 or so arcade attempt
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 36
4/15/2011 16:56:02   
Evric

WHAT!!!!!!!!

FAY BEEE aint mod yet uhhh

im so mad.....
Post #: 37
4/15/2011 16:57:36   
Nebula

Well, the new stat diminishes didn't effect me much. Just had to lower my HP by 4, my tech by 1 and increase my support by 3 and everything is nearly the same.
Post #: 38
4/15/2011 16:58:56   
PumKing

@ helloguy

well grats to you for being unusually lucky, and a smart-@$$, seriously, the percentage of non var player, let alone only novar ercs who get bot from arcade has to be around 1%, and 5% for maximum ammount of error

< Message edited by PumKing -- 4/15/2011 16:59:23 >

Carpe Dium--grab a carp, slap him around XD
Epic  Post #: 39
4/15/2011 17:00:21   
helloguy

The cycle of the merc era is coming to an end this what we mages went trough not as much as we did back when the cool down to field medic game now you ate the one that needs to "EVOLVE or DIE"
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 40
4/15/2011 17:03:13   
frogbones
Banned

I'm so freakin po'd that they didn't nerf Bot damage.

Flippin' blaaaaaaaaaah.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 41
4/15/2011 17:03:25   
goldslayer1

@helloguy
well seeing how tech mages can be good with low stats and high field medic im sure this helps mages a little better.
hopefully ill get a charfade staff soon just incase i decide to go mage.
altho i would like a physical staff.
AQW Epic  Post #: 42
4/15/2011 17:06:46   
Firewallblast

@heloguy

I thought mages and every other class wanted balance not for mercs or any other class too suffer like mages do or for mercs or bh to be UP in the next few weeks.

< Message edited by Firewallblast -- 4/15/2011 17:08:05 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 43
4/15/2011 17:09:33   
TurkishIncubus

Yay !!! I loved the Balance update

I become ZtRoNgErrrRRRrrRrr hehehe :D:O:D:O:D (its Not "stronger" ,:O its ZtRoNgErrrRRRrrRrr that means CraZy Strong :D )

quote:

2 tier diminishing returns? Now we're talking my style.

That Totaly ruined Stat Abusers :) Which is Perfect for Me :D

< Message edited by TurkishIncubus -- 4/15/2011 17:14:01 >

Epic  Post #: 44
4/15/2011 17:12:10   
Rabies
Lightning Speed!

quote:

It looks like Strength builds are getting a hard hit with the second tier of diminishing returns.

Maybe, but they'll still exist.

Great release, I suppose. Gratz Icy and Doru.
AQW Epic  Post #: 45
4/15/2011 17:15:08   
TurkishIncubus

^

Yes but now I can beat them with Atleast 1 block No Need for 2-3 Blocks anymore :)
Epic  Post #: 46
4/15/2011 17:15:25   
goldslayer1

quote:

It looks like Strength builds are getting a hard hit with the second tier of diminishing returns.

and str/dex Bh will still live.
instead of having 20-24 attack damage for primary they will just simply lower it down to 83 dex causing 19-23
and raise their dex from 84 to 85
basically its little difference for them.
good thing im that type of BH now.
AQW Epic  Post #: 47
4/15/2011 17:43:53   
Zeoth

im honestly quite disappointed with this release, they nerfed everybody last week and now their nerfing again? it kinda ticks me off :/
Post #: 48
4/15/2011 18:04:21   
Shadronica

Not happy at all with this new update released today. Its basically taken us straight back to where we were before the latest balance updates. Stat abuse is better than ever. Just got smashed by a 130+ support merc. I liked it better before this latest balance update at least the mages shields worked. I noticed that BH's energy shield still works perfectly fine. WTH is going on? One step forward and two steps back.

Obviously support and strength are back just as good as ever.

Congratz to Icy and Doru. Nice to see Scot Reese back too.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 49
4/15/2011 18:56:39   
jegaggin

2 things nerf dex boost and energy shield and buff hybrid uve killed our tanks (ish) but that means we need higher defenses. And i just a fought a lvl 33 support merc and he has definately not been nerfed.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= DNS April 15 2011 Update Disscussion
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition