Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Is a Knights of Order style team needed?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Is a Knights of Order style team needed?
Page 4 of 4<1234
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/20/2011 14:02:10   
One Winged Angel1357

I support an KoO style group for ED becuase even though Titan NightWriath and Charfade do a good job with maintaining ballance if you look to some of the more sensible users trying to get a more ballanced ED(not teh OMG i was critted by this class debuff them) they do miss things and a KoO style group would really help them do a better job on those ballance issues so they could focus more effort into improving ED or stomping bugs.

For this KoO group i would use players who could A)try different classes and more importanly try different builds then just the normal spammed builds or B) have atleast two users for each class and have them focus on that class and its different builds so you could get a wider but more spefic spread of data to work off of.

Finally i remember WM trying to get the ballance posts on EDF more to KoO standard in that we had to use numbers and such to back up our suggestions suffice to say it only worked for a short period of time.

Thank you megakyle777 for making a more sensible post that carries some if not alot of importance to ED's ballance

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 76
4/20/2011 16:55:53   
Firewallblast

@igfod13

U could create a backup file if it doesnt work
AQW Epic  Post #: 77
4/20/2011 20:52:18   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

depends if we get players we can trust and know a lot about the game.

I do think that VIX is perfect for this.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 78
4/21/2011 1:58:54   
megakyle777

quote:

Thank you megakyle777 for making a more sensible post that carries some if not alot of importance to ED's ballance

Thanks! I just thought that if we could get a similar team all the Balance Arguments would fade somewhat. And I'm glad to see this thread poular, even if some people disagree with me. But hey, it would not be a discussion if we all agreed.
DF  Post #: 79
4/21/2011 10:56:10   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

The reason I think that, if we brought someone in to balance the game, they would have to be emotionally neutral is because I believe it would hinder someone whose sole job is to balance the game if they loved a particular class they might not be able to see its flaws (which has become a problem in the balance suggestions "why you wanna nerf strength mercs? You just hate me!", "All bounty hunters are n00bs" etc.)

There are also questions of accountability. Since they would likely be volunteer staff, it would create an elite group with the perks of modship but not mod abilities (because, let's face it, the qualities needed to balance a game aren't necessarily the same qualities needed to discipline a game).

I agree that it would be more efficient to bring some people in to balance the game, but, it's not something the devs are interested in at the moment. They're not ruling it out as a long-term plan, but it's not something we can manage in the short term.
Post #: 80
4/21/2011 11:16:26   
One Winged Angel1357

Cindy the fact that its not a short term goal is a good thing becuase there would have to be alot of work into creating a KoO like team becuase there are thousands of players in ED and finding the right people would be a pain becuase of just what you said we cant have favortism in these groups it would lead to inballance the opisite of the goal

but as i see it ED is still a good 6 months from bottuming out to the point where a KoO style team is needed and thats on the lesser end of the scale so the devs have plenty of time to descide on if ED needs one
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 81
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Is a Knights of Order style team needed?
Page 4 of 4<1234
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition